|“||I don't have a favorite number.||”|
— 8-Ball, a few occasions
8-Ball is a male contestant on Battle for BFDI and was one of the 30 recommended characters who had a chance to join the game during "The Reveal". However, in "Reveal Novum", he failed to become a contestant, coincidentally getting only 8 votes, tied with Book.
8-Ball also had a chance to join Battle for Dream Island Again, but he failed yet again, with only 154 votes and was tossed into the TLC. He had a chance to join IDFB, but he tied with Marker and Pie with 110 votes. He competed in Battle for BFDI on the team 'A Better Name Than That' until he was coincidentally eliminated in the eighth episode of BFB, "Questions Answered", with 4,814 votes.
He also appears in Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and abilities
- 4 Official Character Guide biography
- 5 Coverage
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Votes
- 8 Deaths
- 9 Kills
- 10 Trivia
- 11 Gallery
- 12 See also
- 13 References
8-Ball appears to be a #8 billiard ball, a ball used to play the table game Billiards (also referred to as Pool).
- 8-Ball has legs.
- 8-Ball's 8 is towards the right of his side.
- 8-Balls two legs are uneven.
- 8-Ball's 8 is toward the top.
- 8-Ball has a shine gradient toward the top.
- 8-Ball loses his legs.
- 8-Ball's body is a bit brighter.
- 8 Ball's asset is mirrored.
- 8-Ball moves by rolling.
8-Ball always wants everyone to know that he does not have a favorite number, despite his name. He speaks with a bland, monotone voice, except when A Better Name Than That almost lost in "Today's Very Special Episode" because of him, he got emotional and almost started to cry when apologizing to Golf Ball. In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", 8-Ball successfully managed the team after Golf Ball's death without being too controlling or bossy. 8-Ball's excellent leadership gives him the title of team captain in "Lick Your Way to Freedom".
However, he became a contrarian to Golf Ball in later episodes. It was later revealed that he was joking and trying to add humor to his team the entire time. The other team members, however, still obeyed him rather than Golf Ball, causing the team to almost lose twice. 8-Ball's attempts at humor show that he tries to lift the spirit of the team and boost morale with good intentions, though he often comes across as somewhat dim-witted at not seeing the negative effects of his sarcasm.
Powers and abilities
- Strong teeth: 8-Ball's teeth are very strong. It is shown when he is able to bite and destroy the jawbreaker holding Golf Ball.
Official Character Guide biography
8-Ball is a pool ball-the black 8 to be exact. Unlike the other balls, he moves around by rolling. His limbs, they are gone.
8-Ball will not let people forget that he doesn't have a favorite number. Despite his uninterested tone of voice, he inspired his team to overthrow Golf Ball as its leader. Everyone seems to listen to him whenever he opposes Golf Ball's directions. In fact, Basketball is 8-Ball's closest follower, asking him for guidance during BFB's most tumultuous time.
Did You Know?: 8-Ball has never counted to 9.
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- "Welcome Back" (voting screen)
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom"
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"
- "Today's Very Special Episode"
- "Fortunate Ben" (does not speak)
- "Four Goes Too Far"
- "The Liar Ball You Don't Want"
- "Questions Answered" (eliminated)
- "This Episode Is About Basketball" (flashback)
- "Enter the Exit"
- "Get to the Top in 500 Steps"
- "Return of the Rocket Ship" (voting screen only)
- "The Escape from Four"
- Battle for BFB
- Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
- "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?" (does not speak)
- Non-canon appearances
Battle for Dream Island
In "Vomitaco", 8-Ball appears as a recommended character.
In "Return of the Hang Glider", 8-Ball can be seen amongst the numerous recommended characters, watching the final Cake at Stake.
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", 8-Ball only gets 154 votes and is sent to the TLC.
In "Welcome Back", 8-Ball has the chance to join in IDFB. However, even if IDFB 2 was released, he didn't receive enough votes to join the show.
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", he is first seen talking to Gaty, asking her what her favorite number is. When Gaty replies with 3, 8-Ball says he doesn't have a favorite number. He joins A Better Name Than That and helps recruit Golf Ball and Tennis Ball for the team. During the challenge, 8-Ball is used to bring the basket down to the ground according to Golf Ball's plan. He appoints himself as team leader after Blocky kills Golf Ball, and successfully helps the team get the basket to X.
ln "Lick Your Way to Freedom", he bites a jawbreaker, opening it and revealing Golf Ball to be inside, making their team safe. A Better Name Than That appoints him as the new and current team leader, due to Golf Ball not treating Grassy with respect.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", 8-Ball takes advantage of his place as the team leader and orders his team to do the opposite of whatever Golf Ball says, beginning this spree of sarcasm, much to Golf Ball's dismay.
In "Today's Very Special Episode", 8-Ball once again reverses Golf Ball's instructions, telling the team to waste time on the challenge, which prompts TV to start a countdown to just before the end of the contest. After his team barely passes, 8-Ball suddenly drops his bland voice and apologizes to the team for contradicting Golf Ball's original command to go to work and nearly causing the team to lose. He claims that he had only been saying those things sarcastically, "to add some humor" and lift the team's spirits. Golf Ball seems to forgive him, but the rest of the team continues to ignore her.
In "Four Goes Too Far", Basketball complains about Four being so destructive. She asks 8-Ball what to do about this, but he says Golf Ball has the answer. When Golf Ball tells A Better Name Than That to get on her rocket, 8-Ball begins to tell the team to do the opposite, which causes Golf Ball to get somewhat upset.
In "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", while contestants from throw instructions at Tennis Ball, who is trying to control Remote to defend their goals in the challenge, 8-Ball informs them that they are doing their best.
In "Questions Answered", his team is up for elimination. 8-Ball and his team are still seen on the Moon until Donut unites both the Earth and the Moon. In Cake at Stake, he gets the most votes out of his entire team, placing him 58th. 8-Ball is then crushed to death by the Moon, and his fumes are inhaled by Saw, which causes her to shout "Eight!" at random times during the quiz show.
In "Enter the Exit", Four is recovered and Clock tells him which contestants have died. Four recovers them, 8-Ball included, but Clock then remembers he was eliminated so he gets sucked up by Four. After all the eliminated contestants who weren't yet get sucked up, 8-Ball notices a door. This leads to EXIT. When the first four eliminated contestants wonder why there is a talking jawbreaker, he informs them that it's Loser, leaving the four eliminated contestants in shock. However, he states that because Loser lied, everyone hates him. Bracelety says she still doesn't hate him until 8-Ball says that Ice Cube hates him, changing her mind. Later, Four announces to the class that one of the eliminated contestants will rejoin the show. Pencil says that she's been dying to get out of the class, followed by 8-Ball and Stapy agreeing, leading to Liy reminding them they've only just gotten there. During his audition to rejoin, 8-Ball says that he shouldn't be in math class because he already knows what the most important number is. He's about to say eight but is then interrupted by Four singing, causing him to say four. He then whispers to the viewers, "times two." However, Four hears this and attacks him.
In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", 8-Ball only receives 998 votes to rejoin, keeping him in EXIT. When he asks Liy if she's sad she didn't rejoin, Liy points to the door in the back of the classroom and tells him she's found her next adventure.
In "The Escape from Four", 8-Ball tells Pencil that Loser couldn't hear her from inside the Liar Ball, which encourages her to eavesdrop on what he's saying. Later, when Loser breaks free from his Liar Ball, he is glad to see him and said that he loves Loser eight times more than he loves Winner. He is seen cheering for Loser along with Firey Jr. and David as he was building their tower. Unlike the others, 8-Ball isn't able to participate in escaping through Spongy due to his lack of limbs.
Battle for BFB
In "Chapter Complete", 8-Ball is first shown cheering for Four. A voice can then be heard asking when Four will come back, and 8-Ball asks Four what it meant by "coming back". Later, 8-Ball tells Four that everyone except them dislikes him, but that he shouldn't worry as he may not have a favorite number but does have a favorite host. When Four says that the contestants don't deserve to have him and can keep the Announcer, 8-Ball says that they wouldn't even care, making Four angry enough to zap 8-Ball, killing him. 8-Ball's body, along with other fake contestants, is then snapped out of existence by Four.
Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
In "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?", 8-Ball appears briefly in the stinger, watching Liy and Stapy with the other EXITors.
- Main article: 8-Ball/Relationships
|18||8 (to join)|
|1||154 (to join)|
|11||998 (to rejoin)|
- "Reveal Novum": Crushed by the Sun with the other recommended characters in the LOL.
- "Questions Answered": Crushed by the Moon.
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Four||1||"Four Goes Too Far" (along with A Better Name Than That and Donut)|
- 8-Ball, along with Bell, Roboty, Puffball, Yellow Face, Black Hole, and Cloudy are the only contestants to be completely limbless.
- 8-Ball is one of the few ball characters, the rest are Tennis Ball, Basketball, Snowball, Golf Ball and Puffball.
- 8-Ball is the only character with a number in their name, aside from Four and Two.
- He is one of the few contestants to have white facial features rather than the usual black, along with Remote, Cake, Profily, TV, and Price Tag.
- Counting his cameo in "No More Snow!", 8-Ball is one of the few contestants who escaped the TLC while the game was still going, the others are Ice Cube, Bell, Grassy, Evil Leafy, Cloudy, and Lightning.
- 8-Ball is one of the few contestants who haven't survived an elimination; the others are Bracelety, Liy, Dora, and Stapy.
- 8-Ball, Dora, Bracelety, Liy, Stapy, Bell, Foldy, Profily, and Price Tag are the only contestants who haven't received any prizes at Cake at Stake.
- With the other ball characters in TPOT, 8-Ball is the only ball contestant in BFB, despite his elimination.
- He was eliminated at the lowest percentage of elimination votes in BFB, at 21.66%.
- Spongy was eliminated at an even lower percentage, 6.5%, but in save votes.
- Coincidentally, he got 8 votes in "Reveal Novum".
- In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", almost all of 8-Ball's lines start with "I don't have a favorite number", referencing his debut audition in "The Reveal".
- On his worksheet in "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", the question, "What is your favorite number" is answered with "I don't have one".
- He is the only limbless character voiced by Cary Huang.
- 8-Ball is the only ball character in BFB whose name is separated with a hyphen.
- In "No More Snow!", he can be seen in the forest with Bell and Grassy.
- 8-Ball has been crushed to death by both the sun and the moon.
- Coincidentally, both his deaths involve being crushed by huge celestial objects.
- Out of the ten current Exitors, 8-Ball is the only one who died at least once in BFB.
- 8-Ball is the only recommended character who joined BFB to not get a redesign.
- 8-Ball moves by rolling around and is the only character to regularly do this (aside from Pin when she didn't have limbs, Puffball when she was bandaged up, and Yellow Face on a few occasions).
- 8-Ball temporarily acted as the new leader of A Better Name Than That after replacing Golf Ball.
- He would later allow Golf Ball to be in charge again in "Four Goes Too Far".
- In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", when 8-Ball is launched by the trebuchet, he has an old mouth asset, but it only appears briefly.
- 8-Ball claims to not have a favorite number, although he says 8 is the most important number in "Enter the Exit".
- He has very strong jaws, as seen in "Lick Your Way to Freedom" when he bites open a jawbreaker.
- 8-Ball is the only recommended character with an official variation, 9-Ball.
Click here to view the gallery.
|A Better Name Than That|
BFB 16: Basketball • Blocky • Golf Ball • Grassy • Robot Flower • Tennis Ball • TV