|“||Hm. If we want to win, then our team must have a better name than that!||”|
A Better Name Than That (or ABNTT for short, and frequently misspoken as Another Name Than That by Four) is one of the eight teams in Battle for BFDI. The name was created when Golf Ball said in response to Death P.A.C.T. naming their team that her team must have "a better name than that" if they wanted to win. Thus, A Better Name Than That was created.
Official Character Guide description
When everyone was making teams, Golf Ball witnessed Death P.A.C.T. devise their name and said to her own team, "Hmm. If we want to win, then our team must have a better name than that!" And the name stuck! "A Better Name Than That," or ABNTT, was born.
The team often struggles because its members care too much about who is leading them. Golf Ball, for one, thinks she should be the leader, but 8-Ball undermines her all the time, making it unclear who everyone should listen to. Although 8-Ball turns out to be a really bad leader, the others listen to him because Golf Ball is too bossy.
|Name||Gender||Icon||Ranking||Episode voted off||No. of votes at elimination||Total votes|
|Tennis Ball||Male||(Joined TPOT)||TBA||TBA||500|
|Robot Flower||Female||(Joined TPOT)||TBA||TBA||3,105|
|Golf Ball||Female||(Joined TPOT)||TBA||TBA||4,049|
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", the team started with Basketball asking 8-Ball to form a team together since they are both balls. 8-Ball suggests to add Golf Ball, Tennis Ball, and Snowball because they are balls too. Snowball rudely declines the offer. Grassy then tells Basketball that no one has picked him yet, so Basketball chooses him on the team. Golf Ball states that the team needs at least 2 mechanical minds. Robot Flower and TV then get picked. Blocky joins by overhearing Grassy stating that "with a team like this, we're sure to get up to loads of funny doings". This then fills the team.
When it was time to choose names for your teams, Basketball looks at Death P.A.C.T. saying that they're naming their team. Golf Ball states if she wants her team to win, then her team must have a better name than that. The name is finalized.
In the challenge, Golf Ball tells Robot Flower and Blocky to climb up the tree to catch a basket because they have arms. Golf Ball says that TV will relay coordinates of baskets' locations, and 8-Ball and Basketball will weigh the baskets down once someone has gotten a hold of them. Grassy does nothing. Blocky asks what Golf Ball will do, with her responding that she is managing the team. Tennis Ball follows. This gets Blocky mad at Tennis Ball, and kills him.
|"Getting Teardrop to Talk"||Win (6th)||Using Tennis Ball's trebuchet to launch the basket to X.|
|"Lick Your Way to Freedom"||Win (6th)||8-Ball biting the jawbreaker and freeing Golf Ball.|
|"Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"||Win (6th)||Golf Ball tricking 8-Ball into telling his team to spin really quickly.|
|"Today's Very Special Episode"||Win (6th)||Golf Ball, defying 8-Ball's commands, drew an abstract drawing of Four.|
|"Fortunate Ben"||Win||Keeping the team plane in the air.|
|"Four Goes Too Far"||Win (6th)||Going to the Moon, having give Free Food The Twinkle of Contagion, bringing it back to Earth.|
|"The Liar Ball You Don't Want"||Lose||Used Robot Flower to give signals to their rocket, which then gave those signals to Remote; failed due to connection being closed by Robot Flower to prevent everyone on and ABNTT from dying.|
|"Questions Answered"||Win (5th)||Golf Ball answering "two."|
|"This Episode Is About Basketball"||Win (1st)||Blocky throwing Tennis Ball and Basketball into the basket.|
|"Get to the Top in 500 Steps"||Win (6th)||Tennis Ball made it to the top and pressed the button.|
|"What Do You Think of Roleplay?"||Win (4th)||Blocky pointed out Basketball as the impostor.|
|"Don't Dig Straight Down"||Win (2nd)||Found the first true emerald.|
|"The Four is Lava"||Win (5th)||Robot Flower dragged Tennis Ball to Four.|
- 8-Ball is the only team member to have no limbs.
- Robot Flower is the only team member to have no face.
- The team name is most likely a reference to Another Name.
- Just like Another Name, both of their team names were intended to be statements, not the name for their team.
- Coincidentally, both of the statements were said by Golf Ball.
- Blocky, Grassy, and Robot Flower are the only team members to have arms.
- A Better Name Than That is the only team to change their team leader for a reason apart from the original leader being eliminated.
- In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", "Today's Very Special Episode", "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", and "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", Four mistakenly calls the team "Another Name Than That".
- A Better Name Than That has finished 6 total challenges with the same rank (6th place).
- Golf Ball, Tennis Ball, and Blocky are the only original contestants on the team.
- This team has more ball characters than any other teams, with 4 contestants being balls.
- This team also has the most armless people, with 5 armless members.
- A Better Name Than That is the only team to have intentionally killed Four.
- A Better Name Than That are tied with Free Food for the least concentration of contestants with both arms and legs, at 3.
- A Better Name Than That has the longest team name of any so far, excluding 's full name.
- Blocky and Robot Flower are the only people on the team who don't appear in the first part of the intro.
- This team has the most mechanical minds, which are Robot Flower, and TV. Roboty and Remote, the two other mechanical minds, are on teams Beep and Death P.A.C.T., respectively.
- Team Better Name (Golf Ball and Four)
- Another Name Than That (Four)
- Worse Namers (8-Ball)
- Better Namers (Golf Ball and Pillow)
Click here to view the gallery.
|A Better Name Than That|