|“||Oh dear! I really hope you don't leave us, team leader!||”|
— Basketball, Questions Answered
Basketball is a female object contestant in Battle for BFDI, first recommended in "A Leg Up in the Race" in BFDI. She is also one of the thirty recommended characters who got the chance to join the game during "The Reveal" and "Reveal Novum". She failed to join, however, receiving only 5 votes and placing 22nd, along with Clock.
In IDFB, Basketball, along with the other characters that were held inside the LOL had a chance to join the show via a viewer voting. Basketball was given a redesign as well, which now has a shinier look, along with lighter colors. She didn't get enough votes to join IDFB though, with only 80 votes.
Basketball is currently competing in Battle for BFDI for team A Better Name Than That.
Basketball appears to be a rubber air striped basketball.
- Basketball has no shading.
- Basketball's eyes are above her line, and her mouth is below.
- Basketball is now green.
- Basketball’s lines become white.
- Basketball loses her legs.
- Basketball's face is below her line.
BFDI 17 (one of 3 recommended characters)
- Basketball is dark orange.
- Basketball has white stripes.
- Basketball regains her legs.
BFDI 17 (one of 30 recommended characters)
- Basketball is a bright orange.
- Basketball gains shading toward her right.
- Basketball has black stripes.
- Basketball's stripes are more plentiful.
- Basketball is an apricot-tone.
- Basketball's bottom stripe leans toward the bottom.
- Basketball gains arms.
- Basketball loses her shading.
- Basketball reverts to her BFDI 17 design.
- Basketball loses her shading.
- Basketball has a tangerine shine toward her bottom-right.
- Basketball has thinner stripes.
- Basketball's stripes are a dark gray.
- Basketball is slightly smaller.
- Basketball is bright orange.
Basketball is very loyal to 8-Ball, usually supporting his endeavors. Basketball also cares about the well-being of her fellow contestants, as she picked Grassy for her team when no one else would, and she felt that Four’s violence was getting out of hand.
She's also generally a curious person and can be quite handy, and will solve any problem in any situation regardless of her surroundings, such as helping her team and to make sure they were still able to defend themselves using Robot Flower from losing in The Liar Ball You Don't Want despite still being on the Moon, although her plan backfired.
Basketball also appears to become nervous under pressure, as shown when she shouts to stop controlling Remote when things went haywire, and appeared to be sweating when she was discovered impersonating Rocky.
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know" (does not speak coherently)
- "Welcome Back" (cameo)
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom"
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"
- "Today's Very Special Episode"
- "Fortunate Ben" (does not speak)
- "Four Goes Too Far"
- "The Liar Ball You Don't Want"
- "Questions Answered"
- "This Episode Is About Basketball"
- "Enter the Exit" (does not speak)
- "Get to the Top in 500 Steps" (does not speak)
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?"
- "Return of the Rocket Ship"
- "Don't Dig Straight Down"
Battle for Dream Island
In "A Leg Up in the Race", Basketball appears as a recommended character and was set on fire, possibly dying.
In "Half a Loaf Is Better Than None", Basketball appears as a recommended character and jumps into the vat of hydrochloric acid to try and get the marble collection.
In "Vomitaco", Basketball appears as a recommended character.
In "The Reveal", Basketball appears as a recommended character at Cake at Stake, to watch Blocky get eliminated. Speaker calls her and the others "stalkers". Basketball has been “handpicked out of hundreds” and had the chance to debut in BFDI.
In "Reveal Novum", Basketball had only 5 votes, which was not enough and got sent to the LOL By the Sender Scoop Thrower. In the end, Basketball and all the other debuters (except David) get crushed by the sun when it set with the TLC on top of the LOL, continuing from the last episode. Basketball then screams in pain.
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", Basketball didn’t join season 2 with only 86 votes, she and the other contestants who didn’t get enough votes got separated from the season 2 cast. Within seconds they were all crushed. Fortunately, it was only a hallucination, and Basketball screamed as she got flung to the TLC.
In "Welcome Back", Basketball had the chance to rejoin in IDFB. Even if IDFB 2 was released, she didn't receive enough votes to join the show.
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Basketball is excited and cheers for Loser along with Pencil, Ruby, Bomby, Grassy, Woody, Bubble & Pie. Grassy and Basketball then discuss how great Loser is. Later on in the episode, Basketball was asked by 8-Ball to join his team, A Better Name Than That. In the challenge, Golf Ball plans to have Basketball, along with 8-Ball, weigh down the basket. When Robot Flower knocks Blocky off the tree, he lands on Basketball, who is too bouncy and walks away with Grassy taking her place. Golf Ball, after some thinking, plans to use a trebuchet to get the basket down, using 8-Ball and Basketball as weights to bring the basket down.
In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", Basketball learns about Golf Ball's disrespect for Grassy and appoints 8-Ball as the new team leader.
In "Today’s Very Special Episode", Basketball says she is glad that she listens to 8-Ball. Later, Blocky and her talk to each other about "hearing someone that disrespects people", which is Golf Ball.
In" Four Goes Too Far", Basketball says that Four's becoming more destructive and that they should do something about it. She asks 8-Ball what to do, which he then responds with by telling her Golf Ball has the answer. Later in the episode, when A Better Name Than That and are both on the Moon with the Twinkle of Contagion, she tells them to accept the fact that one of the two teams will have the Twinkle at the end of the challenge. This turns out to not be the case, as The Losers! have the twinkle at the end of the challenge.
Due to the rocket breaking down, Basketball, her team, and are stuck on the Moon in "The Liar Ball You Don't Want". She says that she's been inspecting Robot Flower. After she stops TB and GB's eyebrow wiggling, Basketball explains that Robot Flower can give commands to the communicator dish on the ship and that Remote can receive orders from it. she and Tennis Ball use Robot Flower to control Remote so that they can prevent the Liar Ball from landing in their goal. However, the ship then loses connection with Remote, which is when Basketball notices something going wrong and tries to take full control of Robot Flower. After Robot Flower breaks the signal due to Remote's bomb, Basketball asks TV if he knew that she decided to break it. As the Liar Ball landed in A Better Name Than That's team crater, they are up for elimination.
In "Questions Answered", at Cake At Stake, Donut communicates to A Better Name Than That using TV. When he moves his hands through TV's screen, Basketball asks if he was able to move things between the Earth and the Moon all this time and tells him to get them back down to Earth. Once Donut sends Earth through the screen so that they can get back on it, Cake At Stake continues, where all A Better Name Than That members are all far away from him. He tells them they didn't have to sit so far, which is followed by all members of the team going inside his hole, which Basketball clarifies is the way they're doing Cake At Stake this episode. She is the 5th safe on the team. When it's between Golf Ball and 8-Ball to be eliminated, Basketball says she hopes the "team leader" doesn't leave, to which both Golf Ball and 8-Ball think are themselves.
In "This Episode Is About Basketball", Basketball thought that X was talking about her when he announced that the challenge was “basket ball”; however, he wasn't. During the challenge, she is used, along with Tennis Ball, by Blocky for their team to win the challenge, since she and Tennis Ball are both balls.
In "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", Puffball takes over Basketball's body, while Basketball is in the body of Rocky. Golf Ball asks "Basketball" who the team leader is, who responds with Golf Ball herself. Golf Ball is not suspicious that Basketball was replaced anymore because of this, and says that she can interview some of the other members. Due to Puffball being in her body, Basketball talks in a slightly singsongy way, similar to Puffball, but Golf Ball just sees this as Basketball being good at singing.
Meanwhile, over at Beep's room, when Balloony gets popped, "Rocky" reacts, exclaiming that the noise was loud. Due to Rocky rarely talking, this is a dead giveaway to the team that Rocky is a fake. She tries to correct herself by saying "bulleh" the team already identified her as a fake immediately after. When Basketball was transformed back to her usual shape, she turned completely orange and complained about this.
Back at A Better Name Than That, when Golf Ball tries to get an answer out of Grassy, who just replies with "I'm Grassy!", the mock Basketball says the process would be going faster if he wasn't so basic. Blocky, knowing that she and Grassy are friends, figures out that Basketball had been replaced. "Basketball" then transforms into Puffball. This means her team is safe.
In Return of the Rocket Ship, Basketball wakes up after hearing Grassy shout and wonders what he needs. She then finds Golf Ball and asks her what the team's plan is for the challenge. Golf Ball refuses to tell since Basketball is not high enough on the team ranking to know. Basketball then asks Tennis Ball to ask Golf Ball what the plan is. He does so and tells Basketball to dig over there. Basketball thanks Tennis Ball and walks toward the spot. She tells Grassy that it's not fair that Golf Ball distrusts her all of a sudden. TV points out that Basketball was the impostor last episode, to which she responds that it wasn't her fault.
In "Don't Dig Straight Down", Basketball and her team find an emerald. She is also the one who is holding the emerald while wall-jumping. She tries to hand the emerald to Four but Golf Ball snatched it. When Basketball sees hands coming out of Four, she gets confused and asks what just happened.
|18||5 (to join)|
|1||86 (to join)|
- "A Leg Up in the Race": May have burnt to death as she is on fire at the ending (Debatable).
- "Half a Loaf Is Better Than None": Walks into a vat of hydrochloric acid.
- "Reveal Novum": Is crushed by the sun with the other recommended characters in the LOL.
- "Don't Dig Straight Down": Killed by the lava.
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Four||1||"Four Goes Too Far" (along with A Better Name Than That and Donut)|
- As of BFB 13, Basketball is now orange due to switching brains with Rocky.
- She is one of the few contestants whose name has been in the title of an episode, along with Teardrop and Snowball.
- Basketball is one of the eight contestants who had their minds swapped in What Do You Think of Roleplay?, along with Tree, Taco, Spongy, Puffball, Pin, Lightning, and Rocky.
- She is the only contestant voiced by Satomi who's voice is pitched up manually.
- She is currently the only ball contestant that has never been eliminated.
- She is the second female character to star in an announcement/update video, after Match with her role in Thanks for 4 years of Thanks for 4 years!.
Click here to view the gallery.
- ↑ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13dUHjWwflvXt2cuW-oGNV29z6XK3KunzWfHPonZoX0M/edit#gid=1397548773
| BFDI contestants|
|A Better Name Than That|