|Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two (TPOT)|
Country of origin
|“||I'm glad the 40 of you have made the wise choice of instead battling for The Power of Two!||”|
Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two, also known as The Power of Two, BFDI: TPOT, or simply TPOT, is the upcoming 5th season of the Battle for Dream Island series, being showran by Satomi Hinatsu and Kenzie Bryant.
The season is hosted by Two and was announced in "The Escape from Four". The Power of Two consists of 40 contestants from the original Battle for BFDI (plus one recommended character contestant), while the other 14 contestants continue fighting in Battle for BFB. The prize is Limitless Power.
The first episode, TPOT 1, is currently in production with a different Jacknjellify production team and is planned to release some time in the future. Whether or not the season will start before or after Battle for BFB is finished is currently unknown.
Unlike Battle for BFB episodes following "The Escape from Four", TPOT will focus to be similar to the episodes preceding BFB 16. Likewise, TPOT episodes have higher quality in both animation and writing, but tend to release less frequently, unlike BFB, which tends to have its episodes 3-4 weeks apart.
- The Power of Two was originally not considered early on, and the contestants not in the Final 14 of BFB were going to be killed off.
- The acronym TPOT sounds like teapot. This was hinted on March 19, 2020 with a picture of X holding a teapot posted on Jacknjellify's Twitter and community page.
- Four to the power of two equals to sixteen, which jokingly refers to the episode number from Battle for BFB.
- Kenzie Bryant supposedly came up with the name "TPOT".
- It is also possible that the contestants are able to switch between Battle for BFB and this competition if they want to.
- As of TPOT, Pin, Coiny, Ice Cube, Rocky, Tennis Ball, Golf Ball, and Needle will be the only characters who were in every season of BFDI.
- Saw, Needle, and Ice Cube are the only contestants to begin the season with character changes from BFB.
- Kenzie Bryant has said when selecting the season's roster, the team took characters they wanted for TPOT and weren't thinking about characterization.
- According to a tweet by Satomi, every character will get screen time in the first episode.
- According to Kenzie Bryant's Curiouscat when questioned about a nonbinary character in TPOT, Kenzie Bryant refused to comment further due to "spoilers".
- According to Cary, there is no release date for TPOT, since it's going to be a high-quality show and it's most likely for people who are patient.
- If the "Battle for Dream Island" is not counted, this marks the second season to not start with "Battle", the first one being IDFB.
|Seasons of Battle for Dream Island|
|Main series: Battle for Dream Island • Battle for Dream Island Again • IDFB • Battle for BFB • Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two • Season 6|