|Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two (Season 5)|
Country of origin
January 10, 2021 – present
|“||I'm glad the 40 of you have made the wise choice of instead battling for The Power of Two!||”|
Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two (BFDI:TPOT), also known as simply The Power of Two (TPOT), is the 5th season of the Battle for Dream Island series, being ran by Satomi Hinatsu and Kenzie Bryant.
The season is hosted by Two and was announced in "The Escape from Four". The Power of Two consists of 40 contestants from the original Battle for BFDI (plus two recommended character contestants), while the other 14 contestants continue fighting in Battle for BFB. The prize is Two's power: the Power of Two.
The first episode, "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?", was announced to release on January 9, 2021, according to the stinger in "Uprooting Everything". However, it was delayed a few hours due to glitches of the intro and ended up being released on January 10, 2021.
Unlike Battle for BFB episodes following "The Escape from Four", TPOT will focus to be similar to the episodes preceding BFB 16. Likewise, TPOT episodes have higher quality in both animation and writing, but tend to release less frequently, unlike BFB, which tends to have its episodes 3-4 weeks apart.
|1||You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?||January 10, 2021|
The Power of Two has 42 contestants competing: 40 veterans coming from Battle for BFDI, and two recommended characters that were up for voting in "The Escape from Four". Winner and Price Tag were chosen, and are the two newcomers. This time, Two is the host instead of Four.
Barf Bag, Basketball, Bell, Black Hole, Bomby, Book, Bottle, Cake, Clock, Cloudy, Coiny, Donut, Eggy, Eraser, Fanny, Foldy, Fries, Gaty, Golf Ball, Grassy, Ice Cube, Lightning, Marker, Naily, Needle, Nickel, Pen, Pie, Pillow, Pin, Puffball, Remote, Robot Flower, Rocky, Saw, Snowball, Tennis Ball, Tree, TV, and Yellow Face all join TPOT instead, thus leaving BFB while Blocky, Balloony, Woody, Lollipop, Taco, Teardrop, Bubble, Flower, Ruby, Gelatin, Firey, Leafy, Loser, and Spongy stay at BFB.
- The Power of Two was originally not considered early on, and the contestants that weren't in the Final 14 of BFB were going to be permanently killed off the game.
- This is the first season to be named directly after its prize without "battle for" preceding it. It is also called the "Battle for the Power of Two" (or "BFTPOT") by Two in the first episode right before the intro.
- This is the second season to have an announced release date before it started, with IDFB being the first.
- The acronym TPOT sounds like teapot. This was hinted on March 19, 2020 with a picture of X holding a teapot posted on Jacknjellify's Twitter and community page.
- Four to the power of two equals to sixteen, which jokingly refers to the episode number from Battle for BFB.
- Kenzie Bryant supposedly came up with the name "TPOT".
- It seems it was also possible that the contestants were able to switch between Battle for BFB and this competition if they want to. However, after BFB 17, this idea seems to be scrapped due to no future BFB episode having any involvement with TPOT contestants.
- X was originally going to be the co-host of TPOT, but he moved back to BFB in "X Marks the Spot".
- As of TPOT, Pin, Coiny, Ice Cube, Rocky, Tennis Ball, Golf Ball, and Needle will be the only characters who were in every season of BFDI.
- Saw, Needle, and Ice Cube are the only contestants to begin the season with character changes from BFB.
- Saw's handle is pink, which was first shown in "Return of the Rocket Ship".
- Needle is CGI, due to eating the Photo Cake that Leafy gave her in "Get to the Top in 500 Steps".
- Ice Cube is small, due to the effects when she was in the soup that was used as a Cake at Stake prize in "Return of the Rocket Ship".
- It is later revealed that only Saw's design change is permanent and that Ice Cube's and Needle's are temporary as seen at the end of the TPOT intro.
- TPOT is the first season to have its debut at the beginning instead of the merge.
- The logo's font is Wolpe Fanfare.
- Kenzie Bryant has said that, when selecting the season's roster, the BFB team simply selected the contestants they wanted, leaving the rest for TPOT.
- According to Kenzie Bryant's CuriousCat, when questioned about a nonbinary character in TPOT, she refused to comment further due to "spoilers".
- In celebration of TPOTs release, #tpot became trending on Twitter with the caption, "A new season of the animated YouTube show Battle for Dream Island, titled the [sic] 'The Power of Two, will be released".
- Just like pre-split BFB, the last team to fully form is the first named.
- This is the second season to use save votes with Battle for BFB being the first.
- This is the second season to allow another contestant to debut due to someone else being absent with Battle for Dream Island Again being the first.
- This will be the first season to have the first eliminated contestant not be voiced by Michael Huang as he doesn't voice anyone on Death P.A.C.T. Again.
- TV in the intro shows the Utah teapot in reference to the show's acronym. The Utah teapot is a common 3D test model that is an in-joke among the computer graphics community.
- The final seconds in the intro reference the intros from Battle for Dream Island to IDFB.
- Even the bassline during that scene sounds reminiscent of the music theme for the first three season's intros.
- Pin, Rocky, and Fries appear to be standing around a grotato plant in the intro.
- The intro is the first in BFDI's history to feature a death:
- Everything involving the EXITors will take place in TPOT, despite the EXIT being in Four, who is on BFB.
|Seasons of Battle for Dream Island (template)|
|Main series: Battle for Dream Island • Battle for Dream Island Again • IDFB • Battle for BFB • Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two • Season 6|