|“||And that's how you prevent death! Simple as that.||”|
— Black Hole, "Get to the Top in 500 Steps"
Black Hole's appearance is made up of two parts. His event horizon is spherical and is a solid black color. Surrounding his event horizon is an accretion disk made of gas with blue, green, and red colors, with a bit of purple, yellow, and orange. His accretion disk colors can also change to various shades of white.
- Black Hole is named "Vortex".
- Vortex is huge.
- Vortex is the size of a regular contestant.
- Vortex is named "Black Hole".
- Black Hole is colossal again, but retains his smaller size when Four crushes him.
Black Hole is a calm and collected individual, never raising his voice. Valuing life, he is empathetic and patient. He's always kindhearted, never wanting to be rude to others and never wanting to start conflict or harm others. He is very caring and respectful of others and will not hesitate to save the lives of others. He is always willing to help others when asked, but sometimes to a fault as he is rarely able to say no. Such as in "Getting Teardrop to Talk" and "What Do You Think of Roleplay?" where he agrees to help Flower and Bomby, respectively, despite not wanting to at first. This could imply that he's a bit of a pushover, as even Book defines him as one. In "The Worst Day of Black Hole's Life", Black Hole has gained somewhat of an attitude and is rather irritated and kind of coldhearted at times. He can be rather passive-aggressive towards those who may have said something to offend him, such as Lightning telling him that he'll actually be good for something for the challenge, leading him to laugh sarcastically and sarcastically remark how sucking up things is something he loves to do.
Despite Black Hole having immense power, with even his presence being able to destroy a variety of objects such as entire planets and stars, he does not use his power for malicious intentions, showing that he has a high level of self-control and willingness to interact with others without destroying them.
Black Hole values life more than anything, and would stop himself from killing others, even if it meant his team would be at a disadvantage. This is most prominent in "The Worst Day of Black Hole's Life", where Pen and Teardrop put themselves in Black Holes way, only for him to stop stealing their blocks so that he does not kill them. When Black Hole does accidentally kill someone, he is very upset with himself for it.
Official Character Guide biography
Black holes in outer space may be proud that they are the centers of galaxies, but this Black Hole is actually quite humble! Just like real life, anything that comes near Black Hole gets sucked in, torn up, and pulled apart.
Despite his seemingly destructive nature, Black Hole is great to have on your team. Everyone is constantly asking for his help. Black Hole can be a know-it-all of sorts and is spouting trivia all the time. Still, he's an easygoing cosmic character.
Did You Know? Black Hole's mass is the mass of 20 suns, which makes him a danger to the structural integrity of Earth.
- Flight: Black Hole is one of the few contestants that can fly. In BFB 1 Black Hole flew between space and earth in 12 seconds. The distance covered was calculated to be 23,593,655.8306 meters. This means he can travel up to 4,270,274.15903 m/s or 9,552,331.2433563 miles per hour, or 12,449 times the speed of sound.
- Singularity inducement: Black Hole can absorb anything, including, light, matter, and energy, and turn them into nothingness by compressing their atomic structure until it is at a size and mass of zero percent. However, he's gained control of this ability and is capable of pulling things without absorbing them. He can also be
- Reality warping: In BFB 3, Black Hole says he can warp space-time so hard that time would slow down. He also warped Pen's arm when he tried giving a high five in BFB 1. Black hole can break the laws of physics and is capable of changing and manipulating physics to an extent.
- Mass manipulation: Whenever Black Hole absorbs matter his mass and diameter will increase depending on how much matter he absorbs. In BFB 4, he gradually increased in size when he was absorbing thousands of forks.
- Gravity manipulation and generation : Black Hole generates a strong gravitational pull that attracts objects near him into his singularity. He can use this power to give others a boost upwards to higher areas as shown in BFB 11 and BFB 15.
- Nigh-invulnerability: Black Hole is immune to physical, mental, and possibly magical damage; the only thing that can harm him is the Anti-Flying Button.
- Self-sustenance: Black Hole can sustain himself without consuming any form of matter or energy and can go without sleep for trillions of years.
- Oxygen independence: Black Hole is unaffected by the lack of oxygen in the vacuum of and other airless environments.
- Disease immunity: Black Hole is unable to get infected by the Twinkle of Contagion, albeit only because he has no eyes.
- Zero-dimensionality: Black Hole states he is infinitely small and dense being a singularity.
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- "Welcome Back" (voting screen)
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom" (does not speak)
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"
- "Today's Very Special Episode"
- "Fortunate Ben"
- "Four Goes Too Far" (does not speak)
- "Questions Answered" (does not speak)
- "This Episode Is About Basketball" (does not speak)
- "Enter the Exit"
- "Get to the Top in 500 Steps"
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?"
- "Return of the Rocket Ship"
- "The Four is Lava"
- "The Escape from Four" (speaks in group)
- Battle for BFB
- Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
- Non-canon appearances
Battle for Dream Island
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Welcome Back", Black Hole is given a chance to join the game, along with the other characters in the TLC. Although the season was postponed, he got 323 votes, placing 10th.
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Flower demands Black Hole help her remove the lid from a jar of cyanide pills. He is reluctant to do so, but decides to help anyway and starts flying towards earth. He doesn't seem to notice that Flower's jar is open as he continues moving closer to earth, absorbing the cyanide and everyone, causing Four to come and squeeze him into the same size as everyone else. Therefore, he can actually compete, despite his powers being beyond mediocre compared to other black holes, which are so strong that not even light can escape. He seems to be happy with the fact that he's now a normal size. Black Hole joins Pie's team after hearing how she hasn't killed anyone, wanting to be taught how not to kill. During the challenge, he reminds Pen that they have to bring a basket to X. After this is (very quickly) achieved, Pen celebrates by giving everyone a high five. This includes Black Hole, but this results in Pen's arm being warped.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", Black Hole is seen next to Pen. After Bottle says she's excited to start preventing death, Pen is hit by Gelatin's fork, pushing him near enough to Black Hole to be sucked in, killing him, to which Bottle comedically says, "And Pen is dead." During the challenge, Tree asks Black Hole if he could push the swing. He says he can't do that, but can instead pull "like there's no tomorrow". Remote says that he's wrong because there is a tomorrow. Black Hole explains that he can bend space and time so much that time will slow down, causing there to literally be no tomorrow. Tree tells him not to do that and to instead just do his "pully-attracty stuff". Black Hole pulls his team's swing in circles 50 times and the team is safe.
In "Today's Very Special Episode", Pen is about to ask Black Hole something, until Tree interrupts him and tells him he can't rely on Black Hole to do everything for him. However, he then looks through his problem-solving book which states "If you have a problem, ask Black Hole" so he asks Black Hole if he can draw. He says he can't but can form an accretion disk, which is not helpful. Later, most of the team is trying to block the forks that Liy is attracting from hitting Four. After Tree realizes that Black Hole could suck up the forks, Pen shouts for him. However, due to him having a poor sense of hearing (pointed out by Remote), he can't hear him. Later, everyone on the team (besides Pillow) run to Black Hole. Pen and Bottle ask him to suck the forks away from Four, which he does. His team ends up losing the contest due to Pen's drawing.
In "Fortunate Ben", when Four threatens to "dismemble" Death P.A.C.T.. Black Hole says he has no limbs so he wouldn't mind dismemberment. During Cake at Stake, Black Hole is safe with 1,415 votes and receives a fortune cookie. After Liy is eliminated, Pie asks what she was a switch for, and Black Hole says that he thought she was just a light switch. During the challenge, Black Hole gets obliterated for flying, which was not allowed, and he is not seen for the rest of the episode.
In "This Episode Is About Basketball", Pen throws many balls into Black Hole, but this time his involvement does not help, and the rest of his team complete the challenge themselves.
In "Enter the Exit", he and Pie find out that Remote sent a bomb to stop A Better Name Than That when they were hacking her in "The Liar Ball You Don't Want". After Pie tells her that what she did wasn't preventing death, Remote says that it was so they wouldn't lose. However, Black Hole tells her that the team's objective isn't winning, it's preventing death.
In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", Black Hole first appears nervously nodding his "head" to Four that he will not fly to the top of the 500-step staircase. He later appears with his team at the base of the staircase. Bomby and Tennis Ball fall near him after Flower pushes them off the staircase, but Black Hole uses his gravity to launch Bomby back up to the top in order to prevent his death, while Tennis Ball bounces back up. Black Hole boasts at how simple it was to save Bomby's life. The same two contestants are then knocked off accidentally by Dora when she runs up the stairs, and Black Hole once again launches Bomby back up. Later, when Pie (who was killed by Flower in her rush to win) is recovered and begins to slowly walk up the staircase, Remote is concerned and asks Black Hole what Pie is doing. Black Hole explains that Pie knows that Flower will kill her if she gets ahead, so she is preventing her own death. Remote is angry, saying that that will make their team lose, upon which Black Hole calls her a slow learner due to the words the two exchanged in the previous episode. Pie then falls off the staircase and is rocketed directly to the top by Black Hole's gravity, where she presses the buzzer, securing Death P.A.C.T.'s safety and putting iance up for elimination.
In "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", Bomby approaches Black Hole. Black Hole expects gratitude from Bomby for saving him last episode, starting off saying that he's welcome for saving his life. But Bomby instead complains about Black Hole sucking his banana up and claims he owes him a banana. Black Hole protests, saying he doesn't owe him anything because he saved his life twice, but Bomby continues to demand a banana. Black Hole eventually agrees to find a banana before his attention is brought to Four and X giggling.
In "Return of the Rocket Ship" Four throws soup at Bomby's banana during their Cake at Stake, knocking it into Black Hole, to his annoyance, as he says that he just got Bomby that banana.
Later, he stops his team in their tracks when they start heading for Evil Canyon, complaining that they failed to notice that Pillow was killed by Four and that they were running towards the Evil Canyon's spikes which would impale them to death. His team then starts fluttering their arms at Black Hole to his disappointment. They eventually realize Black Hole's point and go with him to ask Four to recover Pillow, however she's not dead, so the team enters Four's mouth to look for her.
In "The Four is Lava", Black Hole repeatedly swings his teammates towards Four's mouth so that they can stick their arms out of it. Tree claims that allowing the trio to continue sticking their hands out of Four is a waste of time, but Black Hole claims that after finding Pillow, the activity is harmless. He also points out that this is the first time he's seen Remote this happy and that it is good for her. However, Four eventually gets fed up with them and forcefully pulls the entire team out of his mouth, which also makes Death P.A.C.T. safe from elimination.
In "The Escape from Four", Black Hole is first seen flying towards Four to watch them struggle to suck up Spongy. Black Hole later quits BFB and switches to TPOT after the BFDI is replaced with A BFB.
Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
In "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?", Black Hole learns that Four brought back the original BFDI as a prize, but agrees that switching back isn't worth it since Four is too untrustworthy. When picking teams, Death P.A.C.T already has seven people and everyone figures they could just stay together again, except Pen, who switches to be with Eraser, Pillow, who leaves for unknown reasons, and Bottle, who switched to have more fun. His team gains three new members, and Black Hole says they should just be Death P.A.C.T. Again.
For the challenge, Remote decides that they should jump from the building and use Black Hole's gravity to swing them to the top. After climbing many flights of stairs, Remote checks to see if they're high enough by throwing a plant out the window, but Black Hole ends up sucking it up. After Remote receives a new energizing battery, she changes plans and carries the entire team to the top, leaving Black Hole still waiting for his teammates to jump down. After they reach the top, they aren't able to call him since as Remote says again from BFB 4:"Black Holes aren't known for their sense of hearing". Tree attempts to use a megaphone, but drops it and Black Hole sucks it up. Remote then sacrifices her battery for the team to throw to get Black Hole's attention. The battery lands next to Black Hole and he figures that they must want him to fly up. Unfortunately, he flies too slowly compared to the elevator carrying the other team in the bottom 2, and his team is up for elimination.
In "The Worst Day of Black Hole's Life", Black Hole is waiting for his team as they try to buy a battery from Robot Flower. Fanny exits the building because she hates everything in there. When the team exits the building, Pie informs Black Hole that Cloudy is getting the battery. When Cloudy gets the battery, he accidentally drops it inside of Black Hole. Two notices Death P.A.C.T. Again being tense, and decides Cake at Stake would lighten up the mood. During Cake at Stake, Black Hole gets the most votes, with 14,403. Black Hole thinks he's eliminated, until Two tells him that the viewers voted him to be safe. His prize is a basic slice of cake and he sucks it up.
In the challenge, Black Hole realizes that he can't do anything, then Marker says that he sucks, which offends Black Hole. Fanny clarifies that he meant he could use his suction abilities to help them. Black Hole attempts to demonstrate how that isn't a good idea, but accidentally ends up sucking up all of their blocks. He then clarifies that he didn't suck up all of their blocks to prove a point. Tree suggests that they should steal blocks from the other teams. Black Hole and Lightning attempt to steal blocks from The Strongest Team on Earth, but notice a pile of batteries, which they take in order to revive Remote. After Remote ends up dying in battery acid, along with Naily, Death P.A.C.T Again goes to the recovery center to bring her back. Afterwards, the team spots Pillow, a former Death P.A.C.T. Member, killing Price Tag by dropping them in acid. Black Hole tells Pillow to stop, which she does, responding that they're rude. Tree wants to steal more blocks, but Black Hole says that they have enough, elaborating that they don't have to have the tallest stack, they just have to not be the shortest. Fanny then suggests that they make the other stacks shorter. Lightning realizes that Black Hole will actually be good for something because he can suck up the blocks. Black Hole then sarcastically laughs and goes to Are You Okay. He sucks up most of the blocks on top of the stack, until he's stopped by Pen climbing up the tower, knowing that Black Hole won't continue in order to avoid killing him.
Black Hole decides to help with knocking down Teardrop's stack after Tree informs them that she ruined their stack. Fanny notices Teardrop behind a bush, but gets shot by her laser gun immediately after she warns them. The rest of the team hides behind a fence, until Marker accidentally causes death by standing up, making it easier for Teardrop to fire at him. Lightning then gets shot after telling Teardrop to stop causing death. Marker tries to fight Teardrop by biting her arm, disarming her, but she shoots a laser out of her finger, and uses the gun to finish him off. Black Hole is the last one standing and is initially worried when she's about to fire at him, but realizes that the laser doesn't affect him. He proceeds to suck up Teardrop's blocks, leaving only her stack of three blocks remaining. Before he can suck them up, Teardrop stands in front of her stack, stopping Black Hole in his tracks. Teardrop realizes that Black Hole won't move any closer if she's putting her life on the line and continues stepping forward to make him back away. She gets too carried away and causes her death when she slips over a banana peel and gets sucked into Black Hole. Black Hole states "This is the worst day of my life" and heads back to his team, sucking up the last of Teardrop's stack in the process. He then informs Tree that Teardrop killed everyone and that they need to recover them. Tree is about to ask something, but Black Hole says there's no time, not wanting to admit that he killed her. After recovering their team members, they had back to their podium when Bell accidentally knocks over their stack while trying to untangle herself from Team8s's tower. Black Hole tells his team to quickly rebuild their tower. Black Hole's team is safe with five blocks, putting them in 4th place.
- Main article: Black Hole/Relationships
|1||269 (to join)|
Items Black Hole has sucked in
- A Spaceship
- Five sheets of paper
- The cap of Flower's cyanide bottle (the bottle itself also gets sucked in)
- A Pie Recovery Center (Pie herself is about to get sucked in, but falls down instead)
- All of the recovery centers ("Getting Teardrop to Talk")
- The tips of five jawbreakers
- Thousands of forks
- His fortune cookie
- About twelve balls
- Three of Bomby's bananas
- A potted plant (along with some glass shards from it being thrown out of a window)
- A megaphone
- Teardrop (non-canon)
- The entire BFDI cast (non-canon)
- Mocha (non-canon)
- Crankatron 2763 controller (non-canon)
- 33 laser beams
- A battery
- Slice of regular cake
- 53 building blocks
- Obliteration gun
- A patch of grass and a large chunk of dirt
- "BFDI: Claustrophobe's Nightmare": It is implied that Black Hole died from the heat death of the universe (offscreen).
Total kills: 4
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Balloony||1||"Getting Teardrop to Talk"|
|Pen||1||"Why Would You Do This on a Swingset" (along with Gelatin)|
|Teardrop||1||"The Worst Day of Black Hole's Life"|
- "Happy Birthday, Battle for BFDI!": Devours Cake along with many other contestants.
- "Battle for Dream Island: Official Character Guide/Instagram Promotion": Sucks up Teardrop.
- "If Among Us Was a BFDI Challenge": Sucks up every single BFB contestant except Pencil and Gelatin (and possibly Book due to an animation error), along with Four and X.
- "Capture the Flag": Sucks up Mocha.
- Black Hole is one of the two contestants who are faceless. The other one is Robot Flower.
- Black Hole is one of the seven limbless contestants; the others are 8-Ball, Yellow Face, Bell, Puffball, Cloudy, and Roboty.
- Black Hole is one of the four contestants who can fly; the others are Cloudy, Puffball, and Lightning.
- Black Hole is one of two contestants to have a color in their name; the other is Yellow Face.
- Black Hole, David, Liy, Foldy, Loser, and Stapy are the only contestants with assets that were never permanently updated since their first appearance.
- Black Hole and David are the only contestants who still use decade old assets as they were first used in BFDI.
- Black Hole is one of the seven characters whose names have been in the title of an episode, along with Basketball, Teardrop, Four, X, Snowball, and Donut.
- Out of the ten additional newbies in the second season voting, Black Hole received the most votes to join BFDIA out of the eight who didn't get enough.
- Black Hole is one of the five contestants who've never competed on the same team with a BFDIA contestant. The others are Liy, Remote, Tree, and Pie.
- Black Hole is the first contestant to get the most votes in TPOT.
- He’s also the first ever contestant without arms or any limbs to get the most votes to stay.
- Black Hole, who is shown to be passionate about preventing death, ironically has the most kills out of the contestants who made their competitive debut in BFB, at only 4.
- He also killed a contestant in every non-canon video he appeared in until "BFDI: Claustrophobe's Nightmare".
- Black Hole was the most liked contestant in BFB 13, with 2,275 votes.
- Black Hole is the only faceless and limbless contestant on the show.
- Four and David are the only characters whom Black Hole can't absorb, except in the non-canon Among Us shorts.
- Black Hole has a hard time hearing things, as mentioned by Remote in "Today's Very Special Episode" and "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?".
- Despite this, he is able to hear Flower from space in "Getting Teardrop to Talk".
- This may have been due to his large size before he was crushed.
- Despite this, he is able to hear Flower from space in "Getting Teardrop to Talk".
- So far, the only way to kill Black Hole is to obliterate him, as seen in "Fortunate Ben".
- Due to his nature as a black hole, he is simultaneously the largest, smallest, lightest, and heaviest contestant on the show.
- Black Hole's Schwarzschild radius is 59.08 kilometers. According to the Battle for Dream Island: Official Character Guide, he has a mass of 20 suns. However, after his team won in Getting Teardrop to Talk, he is shown to have a diameter as large as Pen's height.
- Using the Schwarzschild equation and estimating his height to be between 7 and 8 feet or between 2 and 2.5 meters (after being compressed in "Getting Teardrop to Talk"), Black Hole has a mass of around kilograms, equivalent to 240 Earth masses or over 2 thirds the mass of Jupiter.
- Unlike a normal black hole, Black Hole does not always vacuum in objects.
- In the TLC and LOL, he didn't consume it or any of its contents.
- Throughout BFB, there are numerous instances of contestants being either extremely close or even having a part of their body touch/overlap Black Hole's body, yet they don't get sucked in.
- This could mean that he now has more control over his vacuum rate since Four crushed him into contestant size.
- "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?" shows that Black Hole can be unaware that he's sucked anything inside of him.
- This could explain his lack of response towards killing Pen in "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset".
Click here to view the gallery.
- In BFB 13, Book's definition of Black Hole calls him a pushover.
- w:c:vsbattles:User blog:Psychomaster35/BFDI: This Episode Is About Black Hole#Big Black Hole Speed 2
BFB 16: Black Hole • Bottle • Pen • Pie • Pillow • Remote • Tree
|Death P.A.C.T. Again|