|“||And that's how you prevent death! Simple as that.||”|
— Black Hole, "Get to the Top in 500 Steps"
Black Hole is a male contestant on Battle for BFDI and was first seen in "Gardening Hero" (known as "Vortex" back then), pulling Spongy in, and was eventually sold because of budget cuts. He is a former recommended character that could have participated in BFDIA. However, Black Hole only received 269 votes, placing 26th in voting, and was sent to the Locker of Losers.
Black Hole currently competes in Battle for BFDI on Death P.A.C.T.
Black Hole's event horizon is black, surrounded by an accretion disk that is various shades of purple, blue, and orange.
In "Gardening Hero", Black Hole is extremely large and was called Vortex by maristanaweb. In BFDIA, Black Hole was smaller. In BFB, he was crushed down further by Four, becoming the size of an average contestant and allowing him to compete.
Black Hole is a calm and collected individual, never raising his voice. Valuing life, he is empathetic and patient.
Despite Black Hole having immense power, with even his presence being able to destroy a variety of objects, he does not use his power for malicious intentions, showing that he has a high level of self-control and willingness to interact with others without destroying them.
Official Character Guide biography
Black holes in outer space may be proud that they are the centers of galaxies, but this Black Hole is actually quite humble! Just like real life, anything that comes near Black Hole gets sucked in, torn up, and pulled apart.
Despite his seemingly destructive nature, Black Hole is great to have on your team. Everyone is constantly asking for his help. Black Hole can be a know-it-all of sorts and is spouting trivia all the time. Still, he's an easygoing cosmic character.
Did You Know?: Black Hole's mass is the mass of 20 suns, which makes him a danger to the structural integrity of Earth.
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know" (does not speak)
- "Welcome Back" (voting screen)
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom" (does not speak)
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"
- "Today's Very Special Episode"
- "Fortunate Ben"
- "Four Goes Too Far" (does not speak)
- "Questions Answered" (does not speak)
- "This Episode Is About Basketball" (does not speak)
- "Enter the Exit"
- "Get to the Top in 500 Steps"
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?"
- "Return of the Rocket Ship"
- "The Four is Lava"
- "The Escape from Four" (does not speak)
Battle for Dream Island
In "Gardening Hero", Black Hole pulled Spongy inside of him, before eventually being sold because of budget cuts.
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", Black Hole got 269 votes to join, placing 26th overall. He was then flung into the LOL with the other contestants who didn't make it into the season.
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Flower forces Black Hole to help her remove the lid from a jar of cyanide(L-pill(lethal poison)). Then he absorbs the cyanide and everyone, causing Four to come and squeeze him into the same size as everyone else. Therefore, he can actually compete, despite his powers being beyond mediocre compared to other black holes, which are so strong that not even light can escape. Black Hole joins Pie's team after hearing how she hasn't killed anyone, wanting to be taught how not to kill. During the challenge, he reminds Pen that they have to bring the baskets to X. After this is (very quickly) achieved, Pen celebrates by giving everyone a high five. This includes Black Hole, but this results in Pen's arm being warped.
In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", Black Hole does "the thing", which is zooming above jawbreakers, breaking them open.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", Black Hole is seen next to Pen. After Bottle says he's excited to start preventing death, Pen is hit by Gelatin's fork, pushing him near enough to Black Hole where he could suck him in, killing him, to which Bottle simply says "And Pen is dead.". During the challenge, Tree asks Black Hole if he could push the swing. He says he can't do that, but can instead pull like there's no tomorrow. Remote says that he's wrong because there is a tomorrow. Black Hole explains that he can bend space and time so much that time will slow down, causing for there to literally be no tomorrow. Tree tells him not to do that and to instead just do his "pully-attracty stuff". Black Hole pulls his team's swing in circles and the team is safe.
In "Today's Very Special Episode", Pen is about to ask Black Hole something, until Tree interrupts him and tells him he can't rely on him to do everything for him. However, he then looks through his problem-solving book which states "If you have a problem, ask Black Hole" so he asks Black Hole if he can draw. He says he can't but can form an accretion disk, which is not helpful. Later, most of the team is trying to block the forks that Liy is attracting from hitting Four. After Tree realizes that Black Hole could suck up the forks, Pen shouts for him. However, due to him having a low hearing sense (pointed out by Remote), he can't hear him. Later, everyone on the team (besides Pillow) run to Black Hole. Pen and Bottle ask him to suck the forks away from Four, which he does.
In "Fortunate Ben", when Four threatens to "dismemble" Death P.A.C.T.. Black Hole says he had no limbs so he wouldn't mind dismemberment. In the elimination, Black Hole is safe with 1415 votes and receives a fortune cookie. After Liy is eliminated, Pie asks what she was a switch for, and Black Hole says that he thought she was just a light switch. During the challenge, Black Hole gets obliterated for flying, which was not allowed in the challenge, and is not seen for the rest of the episode.
In "This Episode Is About Basketball", Pen throws many balls into Black Hole, but this time his involvement does not help, and his team completes the challenge themselves.
In "Enter the Exit", he and Pie find out that Remote sent a bomb to stop A Better Name Than That from mind-controlling her in "The Liar Ball You Don't Want". After Pie tells her that what she did wasn't preventing death, Remote says that it was so they wouldn't lose. However, Black Hole tells her that the team's objective isn't winning, it's preventing death.
In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", Black Hole first appears nervously nodding his "head" to Four that he will not fly to the top of the 500-step staircase. He later appears with his team at the base of the staircase. Bomby and Tennis Ball fall near him after Flower pushes them off the staircase, but Black Hole uses his gravity to launch Bomby back up to the top in order to prevent his death, while Tennis Ball bounces back up. The same two contestants are then knocked off accidentally by Dora when she runs up the stairs, and Black Hole once again launches Bomby back up. Later, when Pie (who is killed by Flower when she pushes everybody off) is recovered and begins to slowly walk up the staircase, Remote is horrified and asks Black Hole what Pie is doing. Black Hole explains that Pie knows that Flower will kill her if she gets ahead, so she is preventing her own death. Remote is angry, saying that that will make their team lose, upon which Black Hole calls her a slow learner due to the words the two exchanged in the previous episode. Pie then falls off the staircase and is rocketed directly to the top by Black Hole's gravity, where she presses the buzzer, securing Death P.A.C.T. safety and putting iance up for elimination.
In "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", Bomby goes up to Black Hole. Black Hole expects gratitude from Bomby from helping him last episode, showing how he starts off saying that he's welcome for saving his life. But Bomby instead complains about him sucking his banana up and claims he owes him a banana. Black Hole protests, saying he doesn't owe him anything because he saved his life, but Bomby continues to demand a banana. He eventually tells him he'll find a banana before his attention being brought to Four and X giggling.
Later, he stops his team in its tracks when they start heading for Evil Canyon, complaining that they failed to notice that Pillow was killed by Four and that they were running towards the Evil Canyon's spikes which would have impaled them to death. His team then starts fluttering their arms at Black Hole to his disappointment.
In "The Four is Lava", Black Hole repeatedly swings his teammates towards Four's mouth so that they can stick their arms out of it. Tree claims that allowing the trio to continue sticking their hands out of Four is a "waste of time", but Black Hole claims that after finding Pillow, the activity is harmless. He also points out that this is the first time he's seen Remote this happy and that it is good for her. However, wiggling their arms too many times makes Four forcefully pull his entire team out of his mouth, which also makes Death P.A.C.T. safe from elimination.
|1||269 (to join)|
Items Black Hole has sucked in
- A Spaceship
- Five sheets of paper
- The cap of Flower's cyanide bottle (the bottle itself also gets sucked in)
- A Pie Recovery Center (Pie herself is about to get sucked in but falls down instead)
- The tips of five jawbreakers
- All of the recovery centers ("Getting Teardrop to Talk")
- Approximately 12 balls
- His fortune cookie
- Two of Bomby's bananas
Total kills: 3
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Balloony||1||"Getting Teardrop to Talk"|
|Pen||1||"Why Would You Do This on a Swingset" (along with Gelatin)|
- "Happy Birthday, Battle for BFDI!": Devours Cake along with many other contestants.
- "Battle for Dream Island: Official Character Guide/Instagram Promotion": Sucks up Teardrop.
- Black Hole does not always vacuum in objects such as a normal black hole would.
- In the LOL, he didn't consume it or any of its contents.
- When Pen gives Black Hole a high five, his arm just loops around him.
- However, this could just be because of his gravity field, or due to the fact that Pen's hand did not touch his event horizon.
- In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", contestants that fall near Black Hole are not sucked in; instead they are launched upwards by Black Hole's gravity.
- Throughout BFB, there are numerous instances of contestants being either extremely close or even having a part of their body touch/overlap Black Hole's body, yet they don't get sucked in.
- This could mean that he now has more control over his vacuum rate since Four crushed him into contestant size.
- Black Hole currently has the most kills out of the characters who made their competitive debut in BFB, at only 3.
- Black Hole is one of the two contestants that are faceless, the other one being Robot Flower.
- Black Hole is one of the seven completely limbless contestants, the others being 8-Ball, Yellow Face, Bell, Puffball, Cloudy, and Roboty.
- Black Hole is one of the contestants who can fly, the others being Cloudy, Puffball, and Lightning.
- Black Hole is able to grow in size, as seen when he is sucking up forks.
- Black Hole is the only faceless and limbless contestant on the show.
- Black Hole has a hard time hearing things, as said by Remote in "Today's Very Special Episode".
- Despite this, he is able to hear Flower from space in "Getting Teardrop to Talk".
- This may have been due to his large size before he was crushed.
- Despite this, he is able to hear Flower from space in "Getting Teardrop to Talk".
- So far, the only way to kill Black Hole is to obliterate him, as seen in "Fortunate Ben".
- Black Hole is the heaviest contestant despite technically having no physical surface.
- Until Four crushed Black Hole, he was the largest contestant.
- He's still the most massive since he's incredibly dense, and due to his size, he might be more massive than Planet Earth.
- Black Hole is one of two contestants to have a color in their name, the other being Yellow Face.
- Black Hole is the only contestant to have absolutely no body parts or other features. Despite this, he's able to talk, see, and hear.
- Black Hole was the most liked contestant in BFB 13.
- Black Hole is technically the smallest contestant. Black holes in reality are vacuums formed from highly condensed matter.
Click here to view the gallery.
- ↑ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13dUHjWwflvXt2cuW-oGNV29z6XK3KunzWfHPonZoX0M/edit#gid=1397548773
| BFDI contestants|