|“||OH NO FIREY YOU LIT MY FUSE!||”|
— Bomby, whenever Firey lights his fuse
He was the first recommended character ever shown in BFDI, first seen in "Lofty", as well as one of the 30 recommended characters that could've joined BFDI in "The Reveal" and "Reveal Novum", but lost to David, becoming the runner-up of the debut. His most prominent recommenders were jaysillyboy, luigifan00001 and Englishcreamcakes.
In BFDIA, Bomby was a member of Team No-Name but later switched to W.O.A.H. Bunch in "Zeeky Boogy Doog" after being threatened to be ignited. He enjoys eating food most of the time, and he is often seen holding a slice of strawberry cake and/or a banana. Bomby's voice is sped up and high-pitched (not high-pitched anymore in BFB and TPOT), making it hard to understand him when he talks. Bomby survived season 2 long enough to appear in IDFB.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Official Character Guide biography
- 4 Abilities
- 5 Coverage
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Votes
- 8 Deaths
- 9 Kills
- 10 Trivia
- 11 Gallery
- 12 References
- 13 See also
Bomby appears to be a fuse bomb from cartoons or pop culture with a round black-grayish body and a beige fuse. The beige fuse is apparently unaffected by gravity. In IDFB and later seasons, his shading was a slightly different shade of grey.
Like Pie, he often has a puffy cheek, mostly because he is eating his banana and cake.
- Bomby's darkest shade is dark grey.
- Bomby's darkest shade is more purple.
Similar to Woody, Bomby is quite jumpy and gets scared very easily, as often seen when his fuse is lit, as it causes him to blow up. Additionally, they both speak incoherent gibberish often. He has an affinity for food, and he is often seen snacking.
Bomby can be temperamental and irritable when he loses his food, as he snapped at Black Hole for sucking up to his banana, despite the fact Black Hole saved his life. Bomby also does not seem to value life, especially his own, calling it "cheap".
Nonetheless, Bomby cares about his friends, and shows courage if prompted - in spite of his often-timid demeanor, in "Don't Dig Straight Down", he willingly ignited himself to get his teammates to safety, killing himself in the process.
Official Character Guide biography
Bomby looks like an old-fashioned cartoon bomb. He's a lot like Woody, but his primary fear is exploding. Bomby always seems to be holding a slice of cake and a banana. Don't mess with his banana, because he will get angry. Bomby doesn't speak much, and when he does, he's hard to understand because he talks quickly and his voice is very high-pitched. You could say he has a short fuse.
Did You Know?: Bomby's greatest fear is bowls.
- Explosion: As he is a bomb, Bomby's fuse can be ignited by any sources of extreme heat and fire for him to explode or would do so instantly the moment he touches them or gets struck in high speeds and in great heights. The force of his explosions are very powerful and akin to nuclear weapons, being powerful enough to blow people away, destroy entire structures effortlessly, and kill anything without a trace. Even partial explosions from him are powerful enough to destroy the likes of an entire swing set. However, also due to his physiology, Bomby never recovers and always dies when he explodes, making it very detrimental or suicidal for himself and others when he is used in high-risk situations.
- Battle for Dream Island
- "Insectophobe's Nightmare" (cameo)
- "Vomitaco" (cameo)
- "Bowling, Now with Explosions!" (does not speak coherently)
- "The Reveal" (recycled line)
- "Reveal Novum"
- "Rescission" (cameo)
- "Gardening Hero" (as Bomb, does not speak coherently)
- "Don't Pierce My Flesh"
- "Return of the Hang Glider" (cameo)
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset" (does not speak)
- "Today's Very Special Episode" (does not speak)
- "Fortunate Ben" (does not speak coherently)
- "Four Goes Too Far" (does not speak)
- "The Liar Ball You Don't Want" (speaks in group)
- "Questions Answered" (does not speak)
- "This Episode Is About Basketball" (does not speak)
- "Enter the Exit" (recycled line)
- "Get to the Top in 500 Steps"
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?"
- "Return of the Rocket Ship" (does not speak coherently)
- "Don't Dig Straight Down"
- "The Four is Lava" (voting screen only)
- "The Escape from Four" (speaks in group)
- Battle for BFB
- Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
- Non-canon appearances
- "Last BFDI"
- "BFDIA 6 Deleted Scenes"
- "BFDI and II Finally Cross Over"
- "Happy Birthday, Battle for BFDI!"
- "Battle for Dream Island: Official Character Guide/Instagram Promotion"
- "Lo-Fi Beats to Yoyle To — BFB 21 on Friday, July 3"
- "Tribute to Our First Commenter"
- "If Among Us Was a BFDI Challenge"
Battle for Dream Island
Bomby makes his debut as a cameo in "Insectophobe's Nightmare". He was recommended by jaysillyboy in that episode. He was seen eating a banana and a piece of cake, and Pin was on top of him.
"Lofty" was the first episode that Bomby had a major appearance in; he was sitting on the ground when Firey fell down after his balloon got popped and ignited Bomby's long fuse, thus causing Bomby to explode.
In "Bowling, Now with Explosions!", Bomby appears in a crowd of recommended characters who are watching the Cake at Stake. They are all sealed in a metal box by the Announcer, which randomly sets on fire in the stinger ending.
In "The Reveal", Bomby was one of the 30 recommended characters who had a chance to enter the game. He was recommended by englishcreamcakes, jaysillyboy, jmarston123, DylanMultiProduction, Luigifan00001, simondomino and Voxezi. Other names for him included TNT, Teh Boom, Nuclear Bomb, and Bob-omb.
In "Reveal Novum", Bomby placed 2nd in voting with 73 votes, only losing to David, who received 29 more votes (102). However, he does not get sent to the Locker of Losers because he blew up almost instantly after being flung away.
In "Gardening Hero", Bomby, as Bomb, is in the group of gasping recommended characters.
In "Don't Pierce My Flesh", Firey lit up Bomby's fuse (again), causing him to explode. As a result, Spongy fell and crushed the Announcer, thus causing Firey and Flower to make replacement speaker boxes.
In "Return of the Hang Glider", Bomby sits by himself on the bleachers among the many recommended characters who are watching the final Cake at Stake.
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", Bomby was one of the characters that could join the game. He got 582 votes, placing 6th place. Bomby initially was on the "newbies" team but switched to the stronger team after Firey read that they can switch teams. His team won the challenge, so he was safe from elimination.
In "Get Digging", numerous clones of Bomby laugh at W.O.A.H. Bunch as they walk to the Cake at Stake area. Bomby wasn't seen much in the challenge, as Bomby was told by Fries to dig underground like the others from their team, due to the prospect of "ingredients" down there.
In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 3", Bomby received only 237 likes, placing 4th for the prize. He got 60 dislikes, the 3rd fewest, receiving a slice of cake. In the challenge, he followed his team into their glass box to help kill the bugs. Later on, Nickel suggested that they ignite Bomby to kill all of their bugs. Firey follows suit, and Bomby explodes, as a sacrifice for winning the challenge for Team No-Name.
In "Zeeky Boogy Doog", Bomby was revived from Teardrop's new Hand-powered Recovery Center. Coiny realized that they needed to recruit more team members, so he asked Bomby to join W.O.A.H. Bunch. Bomby angrily refused, but Coiny threatened to ignite Bomby with Firey. Fearful, Bomby agrees and ran over to Coiny's team. In the challenge, Coiny noted that No-Name's Dream Island was much better than theirs. To destroy it, he threw Bomby into Golf Ball's Underground Factory. He lands in the incinerator and explodes, destroying Dream Island, and all members of No-Name, along with Yellow Face.
In "No More Snow!", Bomby tried to lift Pin out of some glue, but ran away when a tree falls. Later, Bomby ran away and panicked because a random bowl of petunias fell. Coiny then told Bomby to stop panicking and Bomby comes back to walk with the rest of W.O.A.H. Bunch. Bomby falls into the Evil Canyon with his teammates, but is saved when Spongy is impaled on the spikes. Bomby says "Needy" and gets slapped out of the canyon by Needle. Bomby was one of the few contestants who didn't die in the episode and operated the HPHPRCC at the end.
In "It's a Monster", Bomby goes through the entire 78 days cranking the HPHPRCC until an HPRC drops out. Bomby later helps with recovering Puffball so that they could threaten her into taking them to Yoyleland, but she ends up getting his team frozen by Gelatin.
In "The Long-lost Yoyle City", Bomby tries to lift Yellow Face out of the glue he's stuck in but it's no use. When Pin asks Bomby to throw a stick across the Goiky Canal, he screams "NO!" His team eventually reaches the summit of Yoyle Mountain and places 2nd.
In "Welcome Back", Bomby walks up to Fries' garden, and Fries remarks that he hasn't heard Bomby say anything for a long time. Fries asks how many lines he has in the episode and Bomby says "Two". Fries then asks Bomby if he could help him loosen the soil. Bomby suddenly explodes offscreen later, which presumably helped Fries with the soil.
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Bomby is first seen reacting to Naily nearly being punished by Pencil. He then notices Loser and holds a sign up saying "Loser" in all capitals when everyone is reacting to his appearance. Later he is seen with everyone else when Four announces the prize. He reacts the same way as everyone else does. When teams are forming, he, along with Firey Jr., joins Spongy's team, which later gets named "Team Ice Cube!" by Bracelety. Firey Jr. later tells Bomby to grab Bracelety while she's still incapacitated, to which Bomby complies. When they're actually in the challenge, Gelatin says that they can ignite Bomby to get up to the basket. Bomby runs away scared.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", Bomby cheers along with everyone else after Donut's speech. However, their team's plan doesn't work, as they only did 47/50 swings, their swing set is destroyed, and Bomby is partially exploded for unknown reasons. His team is up for elimination.
In "Today's Very Special Episode", he, along with everyone else on his team except Donut, is seen climbing Bell's string during Cake at Stake. Bomby is first safe with only with 684 votes. He is seen with bandages where he exploded in the previous episode (which have stayed on him until Don't Dig Straight Down). Once Lightning electrocutes Bell, he is seen shocked and falls along with the rest of the climbers.
In "Fortunate Ben", Gelatin suggests that Bomby should be used to blow up the other team's paper airplanes, to which Bomby appears apprehensive towards and Donut angrily declines it, stating that Bomby is their friend.
In "Four Goes Too Far", Bomby is only present in the heart scene.
In "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", Bomby is one of the people to greet Loser. After Loser says a lie, Bomby is seen surrounding him. He also triggers the intro, by flying up from a popper and doing Four's intro pose. He is later seen when Taco is crushed by the Liar Ball.
In "Questions Answered", Bomby can be seen moving from the moon to earth and when Barf Bag answers correctly for their team.
In "This Episode Is About Basketball", Gelatin says that they should use Bomby. Everyone else on the team is expecting this to end with him blowing up, but he says that Bomby should be used to throw balls into the basket, which he does.
In "Enter the Exit", Bomby first appears arguing with Dora due to the contestants wanting to revive Four after learning that X cannot recover contestants. He later appears when Naily is revived by Four, whereupon he hugs her, repeating his first line in BFB: "Oh my gosh, Naily!"
In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", Bomby was chosen off-screen as the participant in the challenge by his team to climb the stairs and press the button. Bomby was directly in front of Tennis Ball for most of the challenge. When he was pushed off by Flower, Black Hole used his gravity to sling Bomby back up, preventing Bomby's death but sucking up his banana in the process. Bomby was once again saved in the same fashion when Dora knocked him off. Bomby placed 5th for Team Ice Cube!, securing their victory.
In "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", Bomby gets angry at Black Hole because he sucked his banana up last episode, and demands for another banana. Black Hole protests, saying that he doesn't owe him anything because he saved his life, but Bomby says that "life is cheap" and continues to demand for the banana until Black Hole agrees to find him one. During the last moments of the challenge, the other members of Team Ice Cube suspect that Bomby is the impostor, although Donut doesn't seem to want to believe it. However, before they can decide, iance finds their impostor so Bomby and his team are up for elimination.
In "Return of the Rocket Ship", Bomby receives 2791 votes in Team Ice Cube's second Cake at Stake. Bomby appears to have a new banana that Black Hole gave him prior to the events of the episode's elimination, only for it to, again, be warped by Black Hole after he gets "souped" by Four, making him shriek in indignation. Bomby, along with the rest of Team Ice Cube, follows Gelatin into the hole dug by Lightning after Fanny says the emeralds are down that hole.
After plunging and descending downwards into the hole, Bomby and Team Ice Cube start to near iance at the bottom of the pit and land on Bubble, who briefly holds them up before being popped by Flower. Bomby and Team Ice Cube recover after being knocked out from the fall and dig in the opposite direction of iance. Bomby and Team Ice Cube then bump and encounter an unknown location as the episode ends as a cliffhanger.
In "Don't Dig Straight Down" Bomby and his teammates find a Buried Forest, Deciduously Insulated. He rolls down the entrance and starts playing with his teammates. After Barf Bag gets punctured, Bomby fills her up with the water, making her conscious again. When Team Ice Cube is surrounded by lava, Bomby sacrifices himself by igniting his fuse and propelling his team members to the surface. He remains dead for the rest of the episode.
In "The Escape From Four", Bomby gets recovered. During his recovery, his team gets called for Cake at Stake. Bomby is the second safe with 2,592 votes, and is seen catching his speck of dust. Later in the episode, he is seen attempting to free the eliminated contestants by pulling Spongy out of Four. When Two appears and proposes his new show, Bomby is hesitant at first to join. When Two turns the sun into a spiky ball and repeatedly stabs Four with it, Bomby decides to switch over and become a participant on TPOT.
Battle for BFB
Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
In "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?", Bomby and Naily decide they're staying together. He mostly stands quietly as Naily gets their team more members. Book later joins his team, claiming that she and Bomby go way back and asks if he remembers the days they spent cranking the HPHPRCC. Bomby replies "Kinda?". During the challenge, his team takes the elevator to get to the stop. He urges his team to hurry as the elevator door is closing. Along the way, the elevator stops moving due to Snowball forcing the elevator door open. Snowball and Basketball end up fixing the elevator and it gets bounced up to the roof floor, with Bomby's team walking out. They're the 4th team safe.
- Main article: Bomby/Relationships
|18||73 (2nd behind David to join)|
|1||582 (joined BFDIA)|
|3||237 Likes, 60 Dislikes|
- "Lofty": Explodes when he's lit by Firey.
- "Bowling, Now with Explosions!": May have exploded when he is trapped in a large metal box.
- "Reveal Novum": Explodes when he's flung into the sky by the Announcer.
- "Don't Pierce My Flesh": Explodes when he's lit by Firey.
- "Insectophobe's Nightmare 3": Explodes when he's lit by Firey to kill the bugs.
- "Zeeky Boogy Doog": Explodes when he's thrown into an incinerator by Coiny to destroy the other Dream Island.
- "Welcome Back": Is blown up by Fries (offscreen).
- "Don't Dig Straight Down": Ignites himself with lava.
- "Last BFDI": Ignited by a lighter and explodes.
- "Battle for Dream Island: Official Character Guide/Instagram Promotion": Has his fuse lit by Firey and explodes (offscreen).
- "If Among Us Was a BFDI Challenge": Is swallowed up by Black Hole.
- "All our food keeps blowing up": Has Firey thrown directly at him, causing him to explode instantly.
Total kills: 17+
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Announcer||1||"Don't Pierce My Flesh" (along with Leafy, Firey, and Spongy)|
|Bubble||1||"Insectophobe's Nightmare 3" (along with Firey)|
|Firey||2||"Lofty" (along with Blocky and Coiny)|
"Zeeky Boogy Doog" (along with Coiny)
|Golf Ball||1||"Zeeky Boogy Doog" (along with Coiny)|
|Match||2||"Lofty" (along with Blocky, Firey, and Coiny)|
"Zeeky Boogy Doog" (along with Coiny)
|Nickel||1||"Zeeky Boogy Doog" (along with Coiny)|
|Pen||1||"Lofty" (along with Blocky, Firey, and Coiny)|
|Pencil||1||"Lofty" (along with Blocky, Firey, and Coiny)|
|Puffball||1||"Zeeky Boogy Doog" (along with Coiny)|
|Rocky||1||"Zeeky Boogy Doog" (along with Coiny)|
|Ruby||1||"Zeeky Boogy Doog" (along with Coiny)|
|Spongy||1||"Zeeky Boogy Doog" (along with Coiny)|
|Tennis Ball||2||"Lofty" (along with Blocky, Coiny, and Firey)|
"Zeeky Boogy Doog" (along with Coiny)
|Woody||1||"Welcome Back" (along with Fries) (debatable)|
|Yellow Face||1||"Zeeky Boogy Doog" (along with Coiny)|
|Other||Numerous bugs||"Insectophobe's Nightmare 3" (along with Firey)|
- "Happy Birthday, Battle for BFDI!": Devours Cake along with many other contestants.
- "Battle for Dream Island: Official Character Guide/Instagram Promotion": Slices Pencil in half with Saw.
- "All our food keeps blowing up": Fries, Gelatin, and Firey are all caught in Bomby's explosion.
- He is one of the two characters to die other than being scorched in lava in "Don't Dig Straight Down", the other being Nickel.
- Bomby is one of only few BFDI(A) contestants who have never been sent to the TLC or the LOL, along with Firey, Leafy, Bubble, Gelatin, and Yellow Face. This is because he immediately exploded after being flung into the air, killing him and preventing him from entering.
- Bomby and Yellow Face are the only BFDIA contestants to be immune three times straight before Battle for BFDI.
- Bomby is the only recommended character up for a debut in BFDI to never be sent to the LOL or TLC.
- Because Bomby switched teams in "Zeeky Boogy Doog", he and Yellow Face are the only contestants who have only been up for elimination in BFDIA once.
- Bomby only has a total of 237 likes and 60 dislikes, the least total dislikes out of everyone, due to being up for elimination once during BFDIA.
- Bomby's exploding has caused his team to win two consecutive challenges, once in "Insectophobe's Nightmare 3", and next in "Zeeky Boogy Doog".
- Bomby is one of the few non-BFDI contestants who have been safe with the least votes, the others are Balloony, Gelatin, Cloudy, Foldy, and Barf Bag.
- He and Gelatin are also the only BFDIA newbies who had this happen.
- Bomby is one of the few contestants who had their elimination votes drop in BFB, as he got 2,791 votes in BFB 13 and 2,592 in BFB 16. The others are Donut, Gelatin, Naily, and Woody.
- Bomby has blown up 7 and a half times, 7 normal explosions, and he barely exploded in "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset".
- Bomby was the first ever recommended character, making his first appearance in "Insectophobe's Nightmare".
- Bomby has the highest kill count out of all of the newbies at 17+.
- Bomby's favorite screen is a circle, possibly due to him being a bomb, since fuse bombs have a circular shape.
- His most common phrase is: "Oh no Firey, you lit my fuse!" along with just: "OH NO!"
- His voting icon reuses a pose he made in "Getting Teardrop to Talk". Specifically, when Flower realizes the teams are filling up.
- In earlier seasons, Bomby is frequently seen eating something, specifically a banana in one hand and a slice of cake in the other hand.
- In "Today's Very Special Episode", he is seen wearing a bandage at the side of his body after the attempt of winning in "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset". He would keep the bandages until his death in "Don't Dig Straight Down".
- In "Enter the Exit", it's revealed that Donut discovered something very horrific about Bomby, as written in his diary.
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?" was the first episode where Bomby had a real back and forth conversation with another character.
- Bomby's the only dark character who has black eyes rather than white ones.
- According to Donut, Bomby is the strongest member of Team Ice Cube!.
- According to the Official Character Guide, he has a fear of bowls.
- Bomby's explosions have an inconsistent effect on the contestants standing around them. Sometimes his explosions kill everyone standing next to it ("Lofty" and "Zeeky Boogy Doog") or simply propel them away ("Insectophobe's Nightmare 3" and "Don't Dig Straight Down").
- However, his explosion in "Don't Dig Straight Down" could most likely be the case of his power being weakened due to him being partially exploded in "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", hence how Barf Bag, Gelatin, and Naily were able to survive.
Click here to view the gallery.
|BFDIA 6: Firey • Tennis Ball • Rocky • Golf Ball • Gelatin • Fries|
|BFDIA 6: Bomby • Coiny • Needle • Nickel • Pin • Spongy • Yellow Face|
|People in IDFB|
|FreeSmart: Book • Bubble • Ice Cube • Pencil • Ruby|
|Team Ice Cube!|
BFB 16: Barf Bag • Bomby • Donut • Gelatin • Naily