|“||I'm a dictionary and you better believe it!||”|
— Book, a few occasions
In BFDI, her name was Dictionary and she was one of the 30 recommended characters that had a chance to join the show in "Reveal Novum". However, she only received 8 votes (along with 8-Ball) and was ineligible to join the competition. Later, when she had the chance to join BFDIA, she only earned 296 votes, which was not enough to participate at first. However, due to Leafy, Bubble, and Flower being disqualified due to not being present, she made it in along with Yellow Face and Puffball. She competed on Team No-Name and later joined Pencil's Alliance as an alternate on FreeSmart. She survived long enough to appear in IDFB.
She competed in BFB on team .
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Official Character Guide biography
- 4 Coverage
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Votes
- 7 Book's definitions
- 8 Deaths
- 9 Kills
- 10 Trivia
- 11 Gallery
- 12 See also
Book appears to be a hardcover book filled with different information on several topics, such as a dictionary with definitions for every other contestant, an HPHPRCC instruction manual, and a tips and tricks guidebook. Her pages are white and her cover is jade and blue. In the "Last BFDI" milestone video, she has a page on Dora's autobiography.
- Book is pink.
- Book is softcover.
- Book is a copy of How to Be Dumb.
- Book has arms and legs.
- Book is open.
- Book is colored dark blue.
- Book is renamed Dictionary.
- Dictionary has no limbs.
- Dictionary is badly drawn.
- Dictionary's left part is green, and the right part is cobalt blue.
- Dictionary is partially open.
- The word "Dictionary" is on her cover.
- Dictionary is a hardcover book.
- Dictionary is better drawn.
- Dictionary is closed.
- Dictionary regains her arms and legs.
- Dictionary has shading to her left toward the binding.
- Dictionary is orange.
- Dictionary has a pink clone.
- Dictionary has her own two colors back.
- Dictionary is renamed back to Book.
- Book is an HPRC user manual.
- Book is also an HPHPRCC user manual.
- Her colors are refined to look brighter.
- Book is also an IDFB tips and tricks guidebook.
- The lighting on her spine is darker.
- Book's refined colors and lighting become permanent.
Book is seemingly polite and caring towards most contestants. She doesn't seem to like rule-breaking, as seen in "Get Digging". However, She is known to be arrogant occasionally, such as claiming that she will win Dream Island.
There are various times where Book is passive and is not able to speak up either for herself or for others, making her a pushover. An example of this is seen in "No More Snow!" when she considered going back to get Tennis Ball, Golf Ball, and Rocky, only for Match and Pencil to laugh at her. Book would also tend to be the voice of reason with the FreeSmarters.
In BFB, Book becomes less of a pushover and finally stands up to Match and Pencil, even to the point of leaving the alliance. She is also shown as being empathetic towards Saw, stating that "everyone's lips slip occasionally" whenever she kept responding with the answer "eight" in "Questions Answered".
However, in direct contrast to her behaviors towards Saw (until her return in BFB 13), Book is still very upset with Taco and has not yet gotten over her "betrayal", showing her to be rather gullible and naïve, and able to hold grudges.
After "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", Book began bullying Taco for supposedly deserting the team, and would try to convince the rest of that Taco was a deserter. "Return of the Rocket Ship" revealed that the negative impact from being on FreeSmart severely clouded her judgment and broke her sanity, making her assume that any form of absence counted as abandonment. It also revealed that she lacked self-awareness of being in the wrong until she curiously looked herself up after being lectured by Gaty. When she did look herself up, she realized how much she changed and felt remorseful for her actions.
She also seems to have trouble controlling herself when angered, seen in "What Do You Think of Roleplay?" when she accused Taco of abandoning the team again, and then proceeded to throw a temper tantrum.
However, when Gaty and Pin talk to Book, she completely changed her relations with Taco, and even let her continue BFB when the characters split in "The Escape from Four", possibly forgiving Taco in the process.
Official Character Guide biography
Book is many books at once! She's a dictionary, a journal, a Hand-Powered Hand-Powered Recovery Center Creator user manual, and a guidebook for IDFB.
Book and Ice Cube have formed what Book believes is an inseparable bond, as Book always protects Ice Cube. She's also formed a close relationship with Ruby, but she won't go as far as to eat Ruby's Yoyleberries.
In the platformer game BFDIA 5b, Book was the first character you could play as.
Did you Know?: Book is a copy of Battle for Dream Island OFFICIAL Character Guide.
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom"
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"
- "Today's Very Special Episode"
- "Fortunate Ben"
- "Four Goes Too Far"
- "The Liar Ball You Don't Want"
- "Questions Answered"
- "This Episode Is About Basketball"
- "Enter the Exit" (does not speak)
- "Get to the Top in 500 Steps"
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?"
- "Return of the Rocket Ship"
- "Don't Dig Straight Down"
- "The Four is Lava"
- "The Escape from Four"
- Battle for BFB
- Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
- Non-canon appearances
Battle for Dream Island
In "Bowling, Now with Explosions!", Book appears in a crowd of recommended characters who are watching the Cake at Stake. They are all sealed in a metal box by the Announcer, which randomly catches fire in the stinger ending.
In "The Reveal", Book appears as a recommended character and she is revealed to be one of the 30 selected recommended characters who have a chance to join the competition.
In "Reveal Novum", Book obtains only eight votes and cannot join BFDI. Shocked, she explains that her definition of "Dictionary" (which is her original name) states that she is the one who will win Dream Island. The Announcer denies it, and Book is flung away to the Locker of Losers. At the end of the episode, Book and all the other recommended characters in the Locker of Losers are crushed by the sun.
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", when the results are shown, Book finds out she did not make it, even with the most votes out of all the contestants who would not join. A minor argument between Book and Lollipop ensues, due to Lollipop thinking that "people judged Book by her cover". Book isn't sure if she wants to be mad or not. The BFDI game rules then fly toward her face.
Because of the absence of Leafy, Flower, and Bubble, she makes it into the game, along with Puffball and Yellow Face. She exclaims that she knew she’d make it, and Fries says he can't stand her cover, to which Book slaps him and eats one of his fries. Fries retaliates by slapping the fry out of her mouth and tears out one of her pages and eats it, but spits it out after chewing for a while. Book then takes it back, unfolds it, and sticks it back inside her.
When requested that they split into two teams, Book joins the newbie team. An altercation ensues between Donut and Pencil, after discovering that the newbie team is smaller than the other, leading to Book joining the larger team and remaining on that team. Her team wins the challenge with little effort.
In "Get Digging", when Coiny and Pin try to take Teardrop to their team, Book tells them that Teardrop will only switch if she chooses to. However, Teardrop cannot talk, so they take her to their team anyway, to Book’s disbelief. During the challenge, Book, Golf Ball, and Firey discuss how they’ll make the yoylestew without yoyleberries. Golf Ball assigns Book to the group to ride Puffball to Yoyleland get the yoyleberries.
While Book is riding on Puffball with Needle, Ice Cube, Gelatin, and Spongy, Gelatin pushes her off, along with Ice Cube and Spongy. They fall into the Evil Forest and are chased by Evil Leafy. They are chased across a bridge above the Evil Canyon, which breaks. Book and Ice Cube make it to the other side, and Book saves Spongy from falling into the canyon. She assumes that Evil Leafy can't cross the canyon without the bridge, but Evil Leafy teleports to the other side and resumes chasing them. Book and Ice Cube make it out of the forest, but Spongy doesn't. Book and Ice Cube eventually make it back to the others, with Book telling Golf Ball that Evil Leafy captured Spongy. Her team's stew is disliked by TV and they lose the challenge.
In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 3", during Cake at Stake, Book spins the prize wheel for Puffball since she has no arms. Book is also safe with 82 dislikes. Book excuses herself from the contest and asks if she can join Pencil's Alliance, along with Ice Cube. Pencil says they can join, but as alternates, which Book isn't happy with but she accepts it.
In "Zeeky Boogy Doog", Book and some others are on top of the Eiffel Tower. She asks what they're battling for (despite her definition being the one who wins Dream Island), prompting Firey to say he thought she was "well read", making Book angrily inject him with Freeze Juice. Tennis Ball then explains that the prize is Dream Island and what Dream Island is. Book thanks him for telling her, saying she feels well informed. Tennis Ball responds "You mean well read", making Book freeze him. The Puffball Speaker Box then announces that it's time for Cake at Stake to the contestants on the Eiffel Tower. Pin tries to help by shaking the tower until they fall down. Book tells Gelatin that there's no way Pin can shake them off, making Gelatin say Pin must not be very "well-read", so Book freezes him as well. Pin's shaking becomes so intense that Book is flung into Golf Ball's underground factory, landing in a vat of "Dream Sauce". Later, Coiny tries to recover her using the HPRC, not knowing that she is still alive and cannot be recovered. Team No-Name later goes down to the factory and cooks the dream sauce in Golf Ball's oven, killing Book.
In "Get in the Van", Book and Ice Cube go over to Match's dance party on the Eiffel Tower, but are interrupted by Pin, who while saying she wanted to swing with her, she and Ice Cube were going to go to the party. This leads to Pin thinking Book was just using Ice Cube as a way to get her to do what she wants instead of letting Ice Cube decide what she wanted to do. From all this stress, Ice Cube jumps out stating she also wanted to go to Match's dance party as well, leaving Pin with no other choice but to accept it. However, Match and Pencil don't allow them to join the party since they're only alternates. During Cake at Stake, Book again spins the prize wheel for Puffball. Book also laughs when Puffball uses her prize to remove Pin's limbs. She ends up in the bottom six, but is safe with 207 dislikes. Book was one of the members of Team No-Name to switch teams. She recommends calling the team "Freedom" but Pencil says it sounds like "free-dumb" and that they are not dumb, instead suggesting the name FreeSmart. In the FreeSmart van, during the ride to Yoyle Mountain, Book slaps Match, stating that they passed a library and if they pass a matchstick factory, Match can slap Book. Book and the other FreeSmarters are eaten by Evil Leafy when Pencil drives the van into her mouth.
In BFDIA 5b, Book wakes up inside Evil Leafy, with no memory of what happened before. Then, she finds out that she is a journal and reads herself to remember that she got eaten by Evil Leafy, and she goes to save the other FreeSmarters.
In "No More Snow!", the FreeSmarters are about to escape Evil Leafy. After watching Ruby push multiple buttons, Book tells Ruby that Pencil wanted her to press the purple button, which they do, and they're finally freed from Evil Leafy. However, they are immediately back to running from Evil Leafy. She cuts a rope, dropping a weight that crushes Evil Leafy, Fries, and Puffball. Book is unfazed by Ruby's death (of sadness from the loss of the HPRC) and she eventually goes on to "make millions" selling Ruby's remains. Later in the episode, they started cranking the HPHPRCC. In the stinger, Book is happy to see Ice Cube and Match are still alive, but frowns when Match ends up using Ice Cube to put out her lit fire.
In "It's a Monster", Book and the other alive contestants continue cranking the HPHPRCC. She, Ruby, and Match later take a break that goes for several hours. They get back to cranking when break time is over, with only Book and Ruby continuing to crank until the process is over, while Match continues taking breaks. After the HPRC is created a timer starts to go down. She says that she is an HPHPRCC User Manual and looks up to see what is going on with the HPHPRCC, which is about to self-destruct. She figures that it might explode or disappear without a trace. It does the latter. Afterwards, they recover the other FreeSmarters and continue their journey in the FreeSmart Van. The new van comes with a LPRC (Leg-powered recovery center), but Book is tempted to see what would happen if she used her hands on it. She does so, causing it to disappear, so the team chooses to steal the HPRC. After a brief snowball fight, Pencil drives the van into the Goiky Canal, where they proceed to drown numerous times, while trying to recover each other before they're all dead at once.
In "The Long-lost Yoyle City", the FreeSmarters are the first team to reach Yoyleland. In Yoyle City, Match slaps Book because they pass a matchstick factory. Later, Book and the other FreeSmarters saw Pencil in half when she gets caught in a Fish Monster's tongue. When FreeSmart reaches Yoyle Mountain, Book thinks they have reached the Yoyle Summit. The Firey Speaker Box disagrees and tells Book that they must climb higher to get to the real summit. FreeSmart has an advantage with Puffball so Pencil slows them down by getting Rocky killed, as revenge for vomiting on her. Book points out that that happened two years ago, but Pencil just says to get climbing. After running up some platforms, FreeSmart reaches the actual summit and place first.
In "Welcome Back", Book is one of the FreeSmarters residing on top of the Yoyle Needy. She asks Ruby if she had indeed left the lens cap on the camera all this time. After Pencil falls off the Yoyle Needy, Book tells the others to run down the stairs and catch her before she hits the ground. She warns Ruby that her "faster way" (which involves jumping down the center of the Needy) will lead to her death. Book successfully catches Pencil. When Ice Cube sacrifices herself to save a burning Woody, Book is in awe, saying that was selfless. She reminds Pencil to recover Ruby too.
Later, she walks with Pencil to the HPRC, discussing bringing Match out of the TLC. Pencil doesn't seem to care, to Book's surprise. When Book utters the word "needy", she holds out her hands, expecting a Needle slap. Pencil and Book proceed to recover Bubble, "ROOOOOBEEEEEEE", and Ice Cube, and the FreeSmarters dance.
During the voting screen, Book claims to be an IDFB tips and tricks guidebook and tells the viewers to visit the links in the description to recommend a character or discuss the episode.
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Book is first seen watching Cake and Pie play tic-tac-toe. Pencil asks her to help find a "criminal", but Book continues to watch Cake and Pie. Pencil says that if Book doesn't help, she will be expelled. Book points out that she's an alternate, which annoys Pencil. She later asks Four what he can do.
When it is time to form teams, she and Ice Cube leave Pencil's alliance and join Gaty's team, shocking Pencil and Match. She mainly decided not to join the alliance as she thought it's unhealthy for her and Ice Cube. Now in Gaty's team, she picks Dora and Teardrop. The team's eight members name their team by saying their names all at once. Book, Saw, and Teardrop flutter their arms at Four when he says the teams are "all set to go", as they aren't ready. The challenge has run through a desert to get a basket, but they lose Ice Cube, Lollipop, and Teardrop, before Book explodes into flames off-screen. Saw and Dora are the only two survivors, Saw grabbing the basket and returning it to X.
In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", Book is freed from a Jawbreaker by Dora, making the first team to finish. She is later seen hugging Ice Cube when she's also freed. Later, Book notices that Ice Cube looks nervous and asks if something happened. Ice Cube shakes no, so Book says that if anything bad happens, she can always tell her. Book is also shown when Lollipop's dead remains are tossed back to her team.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", she discusses Taco's absence with Ice Cube, jumping to the conclusion Taco has "abandoned" due to their slowness in getting the basket. She hugs Ice Cube in sadness shortly afterward, while Taco herself - stuck in a jawbreaker - tries to tell them that it's not true. But sound was unable to come out of the Jawbreaker, so Book and Ice Cube were unable to hear her.
Book is the only one pushing through and swinging the full 50 swings, granting safety. She is angry at Taco, who frees herself after they finished. She yells at Taco twice.
In "Today's Very Special Episode", after Bracelety says that Ice Cube is safe, Book says that doesn't make sense because Ice Cube is on and their team isn't up for voting. Book continues to shun Taco for her actions in the previous episode, saying that she "doesn't need to be killed to be deceased in [her] eyes".
In "Fortunate Ben", she has one line where she asks Four where X went. Four tells her X went to the "limb reattachment center". Before the challenge begins, she looks over at Taco angrily when the entire team is on the paper airplane.
In "Four Goes Too Far", she is first seen asking Donut what the Twinkle has to do with the contest. She later appears in the heart scene, and when she hitches a ride on Golf Ball's rocket. In space, she tells Saw that space is fun, and if she looks that way, she could see Earth. However, upon doing so, Saw is infected with the Twinkle. It is then passed to the other members of until Taco lets go of Dora and falls. Taco's "abandoning" is met with negative responses. Both teams A Better Name Than That and have a stare-off on The Moon, passing the Twinkle over until one of their team's loses. However, Book suggests that it might get sent back to Earth. When Taco tricks Bell into looking at the Moon, Book is one of the many ones on the Moon who celebrates. However, the rocket breaks down, leaving both teams stranded for the next two episodes.
In "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", she dips some chips into the rocket's communicator dish, even though she didn't bring anything before jumping onto the rocket. Robot Flower eventually breaks the signal between herself and Remote, keeping safe for another day.
In "Questions Answered", she witnesses Donut broadcasting himself and warping the Earth through his camera. A Better Name Than That and are finally saved from the Moon. Later, she is seen with Saw after she gets "What is snow + gasoline?" wrong (she answered "Eight!"). She comforts her, saying that people's lips can slip up sometimes. As Saw gets more questions wrong, Book starts to fear that fumes are starting to get to her after all. She is seen worried when Donut plays an audio recording of Four's screech. Saw eventually gets "What is the past tense of 'eat'?" correct.
In "This Episode Is About Basketball", she reassures X that it's okay if he can't announce the challenge. She and Teardrop later throw balls, missing. However, off-screen, they finally get their basket down, granting another immunity.
In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", Book tells Lollipop that Taco will not be chosen for 's runner. However, the way she says it confuses Lollipop, who interprets it as Book telling Lollipop that she will not participate. However, she reiterates, saying she was talking about Taco. Lollipop tells Book to speak to Taco and directly tell Taco she won't participate. When Book snaps at Lollipop for her "attitude", Gaty defuses the situation and tells Book to send up Dora instead.
However, Dora hasn't started, only going to a stance. Just as iance member Flower is just about to push the button, Dora shoots past Bomby, Balloony, and Tennis Ball and presses it. is the second team safe.
In "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", Lollipop asks Taco (who is actually Pin) for a strategy, but Book argues that they shouldn't ask her since she'd probably abandon them again. When Gaty asks Taco to spill her strategy, Book claims that the team does not need a strategy and that Lollipop is fake, which is incorrect. Once Teardrop rats Taco out, Book is truly enraged because Taco has "abandoned" again, and momentarily loses it.
In "Return of the Rocket Ship", Book is seen watching Taco through binoculars and tells Lollipop how Taco won't even talk to her. Lollipop says that Book is exhausting her. Book and Lollipop then see that Saw has returned. Book demands an explanation for why Saw left. Saw explains that she was on a scent cleanse, but Book is still mad and accuses Saw of abandoning them. Book is angry that none of her other team members are mad at Saw and brings Ice Cube next to her. Book says that she and Ice Cube were not cared for by their former team, and that is just the same. Book says she speaks for herself and Ice Cube when she wants things to change. Ice Cube then tells Book to let her think for herself (a reference to "Get in the Van", when Pin told Book to let Ice Cube think for herself) and moves away from her. Book thought they had been on the same page the whole time, and didn't realize that Ice Cube didn't agree. Ice Cube announces that she does not agree, and is going to do what she wants instead of what Book wants. Book asks Ice Cube what she wants; Ice Cube replies that she is going to switch teams. Book, Lollipop, Gaty, and Saw, are shocked by this and gasp. Gaty asks Book if Ice Cube can just switch teams. Book replies that she can't, as it isn't BFDIA anymore. Coiny yells that he knows that already, and Book is angry that people keep distracting her today. She begins to continue saying something, but everyone has left.
Later, after the challenge has started, Book is seen looking through the binoculars again. Gaty tries to convince the team to come together for the challenge, even though some of them don't get along. Book asks if by "some of them" Gaty means Taco, since she isn't even standing with the team. Book begins ranting about Taco, and Gaty says that they need to talk, and drags Book along. Lollipop says that it's time to get Book's cover judged. Gaty asks what's wrong with Book lately. Book tries to turn the question around, but Gaty again asks Book and says that she has gone from a clear-headed friend to an aggressive person that she doesn't recognize anymore. Book again says how she and Ice Cube's former team mistreated them, and she believes that is doing the same thing. Gaty asks Book if she has not been paying attention, as the rest of the team already realized they were overreacting about Taco. Book is surprised and angered that Gaty honors Taco's name. Gaty repeats the word "Taco", and each time she hears it, Book makes a different disgusted look. Gaty says this is what she means about Book being irrational, and that Book should not be aggressive to her allies. Book is outraged at Gaty calling Taco an ally. Gaty says that if Book thinks she is right, and that her yelling is helping the team and Ice Cube, she must ask Book what the first words she remembers saying are. Book remembers that in "The Reveal" she said, "I'm a dictionary, and you'd better believe it!" Gaty suggests that Book look inside herself and see what her definition is, as it may have changed. Book is angered by this and begins to scold Gaty, but she walks away. Book calls for Gaty to come back, but she doesn't listen. Book decides to look herself up. At first, the definition says "a nice friend who has an elegant two-tone cover". But it then becomes garbled, and the only legible word becomes "mean". Book closes herself and realizes that she might be doing something wrong.
In "Don't Dig Straight Down", Book is seen walking up to Taco, before she hesitates and walks away. She runs into Pin, and asks what she wants. Pin said she was going to ask Book something, but she doesn't want to because Book is brushing her aside, just like in "Get in the Van". Book says she doesn't want to associate with Match, or the rest of FreeSmart anymore because she wants to keep Ice Cube safe. Pin asks how protecting Ice Cube is going, and also questions why she was going to talk with Taco. Book explains that she thought she was doing the team a favor by shunning Taco for constantly "abandoning" them, even though she wasn't. She realized that she only made the team worse, to the point where Ice Cube doesn't want to be in it, and she wanted to apologize for that.
Pin tells Book she knows how she feels and suggests that she should stop trying to make Taco happy with her and just make her happy. Pin asks Book if there was anything Book wouldn't let her team have, and she responds with freedom. Their conversation is suddenly interrupted by the lava reaching the surface. Book exclaims that she has to save Ice Cube and Taco, so she pushes them both out of the way of the lava, killing herself.
In "The Four is Lava", Book is recovered by Four, at Taco's request, for their team's Cake at Stake. When Ice Cube gets her happy thought for being safe, Book is happy to see how happy Ice Cube looks (not knowing Ice Cube is thinking about her burning alive). Book ends up being the third contestant safe at 4,419 votes. Her happy thought is her successfully convincing the Announcer that Dream Island is hers in "Reveal Novum". Shortly after Four announces that the contest is to get to him, Book and the rest of are declared safe, as they were already in his presence for Cake at Stake. Book attempts to speak with Gaty about Dora's elimination, but she is too angry with her to speak with her. Later, Book is seen still on a bench in the lava, and Taco says she wants to talk to her but gets interrupted by Four.
In "The Escape from Four", Book can be seen walking with the other contestants to watch Four struggle at sucking up Spongy. She then helps with trying to free the eliminated contestants from Four. Book tells Taco that she won't force her to stay with the rest of the team. As Taco walks away smiling, Book tells her she can tell them about her time on BFB when the gang gets back together. Rather than staying with Four, Book decides to compete in TPOT.
Battle for BFB
In "X Marks the Spot", Book and the rest of the TPOT contestants gasp when they saw the BFB contestants use the lasso to grab X.
Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
In "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?", Book tries to stay with Gaty and Saw, but Gaty suggests she tries making new friends. She tries talking to Ice Cube but she angrily walks away from her. Book is then grabbed by Pillow as she begins reading through her pages. Pillow eventually puts her down, and Book says that she'd appreciate if she didn't just read her, and Pillow says she was just looking at the pictures. Book then decides that they should hurry and join a team and end up on Naily's team. Book is happy to be with Bomby since they both cranked the HPHPRCC in BFDIA 5, along with Nickel who she invites. Book tries ensuring Price Tag that their team name won't be stupid, but it ends up being Just Not. During the challenge, her team takes the elevator, which gets stuck when Snowball forcefully pries the door open. They eventually get bounced up to the top floor by Basketball and win the challenge.
- Main article: Book/Relationships
|18||8 (to join)|
|1||296 (joined BFDIA)|
|3||213 likes, 82 dislikes|
|5a||264 likes, 207 dislikes|
Because Book is a dictionary, the contents of herself are BFDI-related definitions, including:
- Clock - used to tell the time. Clocks like to think that watches are wannabes, but how do they not know it's the other way around?
- Cloudy - is white when happy, a raincloud when sad, and a thundercloud when angry. This guy has some serious mood swings!
- Coiny - likes to slap Firey. But what I don't get is how you slap fire. Won't your hand just go right through? Whatever.
- David - a dumb stick figure who supposedly is "pure evil".
- Dictionary (Book) - the one who will win Dream Island.
- Dora - a weird squeaking blob of flesh. They say she speaks "perfect Spanish"... but seriously, who can understand that hideous thing?
- Eggy - Cracks to[sic] easily. Notice Eggy has no whites or yolks within her.
- Eraser - thinks that pink is manly. Also also experiences extreme pain when he rubs against anything, because bits of him come right off.
- Evil Leafy - Leafy wannabe. What a loser.
- Fanny - Uses blades that chop the air to create an uneven air flow. Not very comfortable.
- Firey - Firey is fiery. Notice that they are spelled differently.
- Flower - the only contestant to be in the Tiny Loser Chamber for sixteen months... so far.
- Fries - eats fries. See fries.
- Golf Ball - is a girl, but sounds like a boy. Also has 336 dimples. In short, an ugly menace.
- Grassy - is very good at camouflaging. Also contains many chlorophyllic molecules (C55H72O5N4Mg).
- Ice Cube - can shatter.
In "Return of the Rocket Ship", some of these definitions have changed, and some have been added.
- Barf Bag - starts to die if she doesn't have barf in her. If you put some other liquid in her, it'll prolong her death, but not much.
- Basketball - bouncy.
- Battle for Dream Island - was supposed to be won by Dictionary.
- Battle for Dream Island AGAIN - was supposed to be won by Book.
- Battle for B.F.D.I. - won by .
- Bell - sometimes has her string, but not always.
- Black Hole - sucks. Literally, but also as a person. He's such a pushover!
- Blocky - thinks he's funny, but relies way too hard on slapstick comedy. No one even likes his show anyway.
- Bomby - a bomb, but what bombs even look like that nowadays? Seriously, he needs to get with the times.
- Book -
- Book's definition changed and worsened over a few seconds. Her self-definitions, as they worsen, are:
- a nice friend who has an elegant, two-tone cover.
- a nice-ish friend who has an okay two-tone cover.
- a meh friend who has a bland two-tone cover.
- a lazy friend who has a forgettable two-tone cover.
- a stupid "friend" who has a nondescript cover.
- an irritating friend who has an unmemorable cover.
- a troublesome friend who has an amateur cover.
- a crummy friend who has a tasteless cover.
- a bad friend who has an antiquated cover.
- a MEAN friend who has a really ugly cover.
- MEAN (the other letters are scrambling, this being the only legible word)
- Bottle - can shatter.
- Bracelety - loves Ice Cube, obviously, but also loves games and grotesque typefaces.
- Bubble - the original creator of Pencil's alliance. Why isn't she in charge, then? Must be due to her lack of initiative.
- "Half a Loaf Is Better Than None": Walks into a vat of hydrochloric acid.
- "Bowling, Now with Explosions!": May have burned to death while being trapped in a large metal box.
- "Reveal Novum": Is crushed by the sun with the other recommended characters in the LOL.
- "Zeeky Boogy Doog": Baked with the Dream Sauce and fused with the Dream Island made by Team No-Name.
- "It's a Monster": Drowned many times in the Goiky Canal.
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk": Explodes into flames inside molten lava off-screen.
- "Don't Dig Straight Down": Burns to death in lava.
Total kills: 11
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Bubble||1||"It's a Monster" (along with Match and Ruby)|
|Evil Leafy||1||"No More Snow!" (along with Ruby)|
|Firey||1||"Zeeky Boogy Doog"|
|Fries||1||"No More Snow!"|
|Golf Ball||1||"Get in the Van" (along with FreeSmart and Evil Leafy)|
|Pencil||1||"The Long-lost Yoyle City" (along with Ruby, Bubble, and Match)|
|Pin||1||"No More Snow!" (along with Pencil and Ruby)|
|Puffball||1||"No More Snow!" (along with Ruby)|
|Rocky||1||"Get in the Van" (along with FreeSmart and Evil Leafy)|
|Tennis Ball||2||"Zeeky Boogy Doog" (along with Pin)|
"Get in the Van" (along with FreeSmart and Evil Leafy)
- Book is one of the few characters who have eaten Fries' fries, along with Lollipop, Rocky, Yellow Face, and Gelatin.
- She's also the only one who didn't eat a fry completely as Fries smacks it out of her mouth.
- Book was not originally eligible for participation in Battle for Dream Island Again, but with Leafy, Bubble, and Flower disqualified, she was able to participate, along with Puffball and Yellow Face.
- Book is also the only contestant with limbs who wasn't originally going to be in BFDIA.
- In both BFB and TPOT, Book is on the team that gets named last. Both of which were named accidentally.
- Book's original name was Dictionary. Her name was changed to Book in season 2, although it was never explained why.
- Book hates being called "well-read", as shown in "Zeeky Boogy Doog".
- Book is the only contestant to be chased twice by Evil Leafy and completely venture through her.
- This makes her the contestant with the most Evil Leafy encounters, at three.
- So far, Book has claimed to be a dictionary, a journal, an HPRC/HPHPRCC user manual, an IDFB Tips and Tricks Guidebook, and a Battle for Dream Island Official Character Guide.
- At the cutscenes in BFDIA 5b, she says, "Oh, I know! I'll look through my journal entries! After all, I am a journal, So, let's see...five minutes ago, I..."
- Also in BFDIA 5b, she says, "Maybe it can! I am an HPRC User Manual, so I can look it up. Let's see... According to me, the HPRC is very durable!"
- In "It's a Monster", she says, "Well, I'm an HPHPRCC User Manual so maybe I can look up how to fix this".
- The manual was written on 957,406,773 B.C., and was printed in Yoyleland, and is edition 6,493,407,399,345,703,452,119,694,728.
- In the background of the "Welcome Back" voting screen, she says "Since I'm an IDFB Tips and Tricks Guidebook, I might as well put in my two cents!"
- Her Official Character Guide biography states that she is a copy of the character guide.
- At the cutscenes in BFDIA 5b, she says, "Oh, I know! I'll look through my journal entries! After all, I am a journal, So, let's see...five minutes ago, I..."
- In "Zeeky Boogy Doog", Book states that she doesn't know what Dream Island is; however, in "Reveal Novum", when she is up to become a contestant in BFDI, she says she's "the one who will win Dream Island".
- Differently colored variations of Book have made appearances in carykh's Ten Words Of Wisdom.
- Book has had several voice changes.
- In "No More Snow!", her voice goes unnoticeably for a higher pitch.
- In "Welcome Back", her voice changed again slightly.
- In "This Episode Is About Basketball", her voice was slightly more low-pitched. This was said to be a mistake from Amor.
- In "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?", her tone sounds more calm.
- In "The Long-lost Yoyle City", she reveals that abandoned cities creep her out.
- In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Book is shown to stand up to Pencil and Match more than in BFDIA.
- Most of her deaths involve some form of heat.
- Book is the only member of to die during the events of "Don't Dig Straight Down".
- Book is the only contestant from BFDIA who is officially a playable character in a video game, being BFDIA 5b.
- Ruby is also playable internally, but she was never released.
Click here to view the gallery.
|Current: Book • Ice Cube • Pencil • Ruby|
|BFDIA 6: Firey • Tennis Ball • Rocky • Golf Ball • Gelatin • Fries|
|People in IDFB|
|FreeSmart: Book • Bubble • Ice Cube • Pencil • Ruby|
BFB 16: Book • Gaty • Ice Cube • Lollipop • Saw • Taco • Teardrop