|“||Ha ha. Looks like the budget has finally ran out. BFB is about to end forever.||”|
Budget cuts (also known as budget downsizings and budget slicings) are running gags used during Battle for Dream Island. There were 11 budget cuts, along with 1 fake budget cut, which took place starting on "Reveal Novum" (the budget cut on "Bowling, Now with Explosions!"), and ending with Leafy buying Dream Island in "Return of the Hang Glider".
Budget cuts weren't mentioned in the later seasons, until the Battle for BFB episode "SOS (Save Our Show)", where BFB was almost canceled due to budget cuts. BFB was saved when Flower pushed the $50,000 note that she got in the previous episode ("B.F.B. = Back From Beginning") into a laptop.
- Enforcing a limit of one recommended character per recommender, in "Reveal Novum" (this was somewhat removed in BFDIA and BFB).
- The scoreboard being downgraded, also in "Reveal Novum".
- Being sent to space in "Gardening Hero".
- A black hole being sold in "Gardening Hero".
- Firey's spaceship being sold in "Gardening Hero".
- Being able to talk, paddle, breathe, and not explode in space, thus removing the logic of space, also in Gardening Hero. Apparently revoked in A Taste of Space.
- The television that displays the votes being sold in "Don't Pierce My Flesh". Revoked in "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2".
- The recovery centers being sold in "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2".
- The drumrolls when showing votes, which was sold in "Return of the Hang Glider".
- Dream Island being sold in "Return of the Hang Glider". In reality, Dream Island was actually sold to Leafy.
- Fake budget cut: "Bowling, Now with Explosions!" being made as a puppet show, later revealed to be an April Fools joke.
- Four mentioned that a prison for Firey could not be built in "Who Stole Donut's Diary?", citing a lack of budget.
- Cancelling BFDIA and BFB due to low budgets.