- Poison: The bugs are able to poison objects with their stingers. When stung, an object turns green, becomes immobilized, and dies unless cured with Anti-Poison.
- Multiplication: The bugs appear to be able to multiply almost instantaneously. The limits to this are unknown.
- Fire resistance: As of Insectophobe's Nightmare 3, the bugs have become immune to burning.
- Growth: The bugs can grow in size to devour objects whole, as seen in Insectophobe's Nightmare 2.
They appeared in Don't Pierce My Flesh, Insectophobe's Nightmare 2, and Insectophobe's Nightmare 3. They also made a cameo in Zeeky Boogy Doog. There's also a chance that they were indirectly mentioned in Take the Plunge: Part 1, although they are likely not the same animals since Announcer wasn't presented to the show yet, although one did appear without Announcer.
Bugs mostly come in two varieties. Bugs can either be a dark-grey with purple spots, which is their most common variation, or they can be a light-grey with red spots. All bugs have four or five legs, and they also have the ability to bear a twin set of stingers. These stingers can poison their victim (excluding Gelatin and David), turning them a shade of green.
Bugs are omnivorous, though their diet depends on what is directly in front of them. In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2", they ate the metal TLC, as well as whatever substance made up the recommended characters. Some bugs equipped with stingers are hostile, but some bugs appear to be passive, like the one in Don't Pierce My Flesh.
In Don't Pierce My Flesh, a single bug is seen on a railing on the bridge where Flower and Firey are seen. After Firey says that it is present, Flower gets a large sledgehammer, and smashes it, and also smashes the bridge.
In Insectophobe's Nightmare 2, Flower throws an egg sac at Announcer after he said BFDI was cancelled. Announcer questions Flower about what she threw, and Flower doesn't know. Announcer thinks they are bug eggs. Later, bugs emerge from the eggs, and chase the final 4 and announcer. The bugs eat the TLC, and episode 24's recommended characters. Firey tries to set them on fire, but a bug expands in size, and eats him. The bug then catches on fire, setting other bugs on fire in order, which looks like a cellular automata simulation when viewed from above. The Announcer later presses the "Delete Bugs" button. Everybody except Announcer and David are dead, as David is bug-proof. Announcer uses a David Cloner to create Davids for the elimination. The contestants come back, saying that they faked their deaths.
In BFDI Is Back, a bug made a cameo on The Creatures Of Goiky on the cover on a piece of metal in the center.
In Today's Very Special Episode, a bug once again cameos on The Creatures of Goiky, but it was redesigned to a book with a lightbulb on the cover.
- Despite being called "bugs", they only have four-to-five legs in all of their appearances, while actual bugs only have six legs.
- In BFDIA 3, Firey tried to burn them but Puffball Speaker Box said they were fireproof.