- Poison: The bugs are able to poison objects with their stingers, when stung, an object turns green, becomes immobilized, and dies unless cured with Anti-Poison.
- Multiplication: The bugs appear to be able to multiply almost instantaneously, the limits to this are unknown.
- Growth: The bugs can grow in size to devour objects whole, as seen in "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2".
- Fire resistance: As of "Insectophobe's Nightmare 3", the bugs have become immune to burning.
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- Battle for BFDI
In "Don't Pierce My Flesh", a single bug is seen on a railing on a bridge where Flower and Firey are seen, and after Firey says that it is present, Flower gets a large sledgehammer and smashes it, breaking the bridge in the process.
In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2", Flower throws an egg sac at the Announcer after he says BFDI is cancelled. The Announcer asks Flower what she threw at him and Flower says that she doesn't know, but the Announcer says that they are bug eggs, then bugs quickly emerge from the eggs and chase the Announcer, Bubble, Firey, Flower and Leafy, and after being chased for a while the Announcer presses a "Delete Bugs" button and the bugs disappear.
In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 3", the challenge was to kill bugs. Team No-Name and W.O.A.H. Bunch are forced into glass containers, which were then filled with fireproof bugs. The bugs then proceed to poison and kill Yellow Face, Teardrop, Fries, Rocky (who eats one of Fries' poisoned fries and gets poisoned too), and Golf Ball. Nickel and Gelatin then suggest igniting Bomby to explode the bugs, which works.
In "BFDI Is Back", a bug appears on the front cover of the book The Creatures Of Goiky.
In Battle for BFDI, the bugs appear on the front cover of some books, for example, Donut's Diary, because they share the same cover as The Creatures Of Goiky. One appears in "The Escape from Four" in Rubber Spatula's audition. Rubber Spatula swats it with their face, leaving a sticky gunk connecting their face with the ground.
Bugs appear in larval form in "Let's Raid The Warehouse" in a large green bag in Yellow Face's Warehouse. Firey suggests to give them to Flower, but Taco says Flower hates Bugs. The bugs are not physically seen aside from the bag's movement, but one is pictured on the bag.
Bugs mostly come in two varieties: they can either be a dark-grey with purple spots or a light-grey with red spots, they can have four or five legs, and some of them have a twin set of venomous stingers. When crushed, bugs leave behind a sticky grey adhesive.
Some bugs appear to be passive, but in large groups, they can get aggressive and eat everything in their way and some bugs with stingers appear to be hostile. Bugs are omnivorous, in "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2", they ate a rock, the TLC (which is made of metal), and the recommended characters.
- Despite being called "bugs", they only have four-to-five legs in all of their appearances, while actual bugs have six legs.
- David, Firey, and Gelatin are immune to bug poison.