|“||See you in post production!||”|
— Camera, "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?"
Camera is a recommended character that appeared in "Bowling, Now with Explosions!" and was recommended by rememberREACH417. They have also reappeared in "Return of the Hang Glider", this time recommended by siss980. They returned in "Welcome Back" as FreeSmart's camera for the video diaries. However, Ruby left the lens cap on, obscuring their face from being seen and recording the video diaries.
Camera appears in The Tidepool in the Uber-Evolved mode as a level 91 creature. In them, Camera loses their tripod and is named "Camera of Joy".
Camera appears to be a digital single-lens reflex video camera, a portable small camera for general photography and film recording. Their body is a dark gray, the zoom lens is a smoky gray, the lens' shine is a light gray, and the recorder is a dark cobalt blue. They have a white face on the front of the lens that shows when they are used to take pictures.
- Camera is named "Camery".
- Camery is gray.
- Camery has legs.
- Camery has black facial features.
- Camery is renamed to "Camera".
- Camera loses their legs.
- Camera is black.
- Camera has white facial features.
- Camera is about as tall as Grassy (tripod included).
- Camera is as tall as Ice Cube (tripod included).
- Camera is significantly downsized to the size of Bracelety or Rocky.
- Their reflection lines are redrawn and more transparent.
Camera appears to be somewhat snarky and kind of a bully, as they make fun of Clapboard when they see them being eliminated from the debut. But also caring about their public image, as they will request to have their face obscured with their lens cap in moments of embarrassment.
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- "Welcome Back" (does not speak)
- Battle for BFDI
- Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
Battle for Dream Island
Camera made their first appearance in "Bowling, Now with Explosions!" as a poorly drawn character with legs and was named Camery. Camery was walled in by Announcer to keep the Cake at Stake private, but was later burned to death in the night scene along with the rest of the recommended characters.
In "The Reveal", Camera appears as part of the large crowd watching the elimination for that episode along with the rest of the recommended characters.
In "Return of the Hang Glider", Camera appeared twice, the first as part of the episode 17 crowd, and once again as a unique recommended character for the episode 25 section.
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Welcome Back", Camera appears once again as part of FreeSmart on the Yoyle Needy and is recording video diary day 1127. Pencil finds out that Ruby left the lens cap on it, and for that reason, the video diaries are worthless. It makes its physical appearance when Bubble tells Ruby that she has to remove the lens cap before recording. Camera is also seen next to Bubble and Ruby while they eat the gumdrops they saved. Bubble then violently shakes Camera and says how much she loves green gumdrops and then ate it. Camera once again appears at the zoom out of Book asking Ruby if she left the lens cap on Camera the whole time, and she says "maybe". Pencil replies upset and says that 3 years of video diaries vanished. After the Yoyle Needy zoom in, Camera disappears, it might be possibly a mistake.
Battle for BFDI
In "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", Camera made a cameo appearance with Lightning. They were used to take a picture of Donut. They initially were fully zoomed in, until Lightning zoomed out to see Donut.
In "Questions Answered", after the (fake) voting screen comes up, Match destroys it and goes to Donut saying they truly won. Camera, angry, replays the footage of Stapy and Puffball cheating, and as a result, and thanks to Camera, iance is safe from elimination.
Camera does not directly appear in "The Four is Lava", but a recommended character with the same name appeared in the second recommended character crowd during the credits was seen that was a blue recolor of them.
Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
In "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?", Camera is at the Hotel for Cake at Stake. After the eliminations of Conch Shell, Boom Mic, and Clapboard, comments that they will see them in "post production". Camera is eliminated with 1,124 votes along with Blender and Onigiri, where after Camera learns their fate, asks to be hidden due to embarrassment. Blender grabs Camera's lens cap from Onigiri's mouth and puts it on their face before descending into the hotel below. They can later be seen on the fifth floor of the hotel along with 9 Ball, Kitchen Sink, Shampoo, Boom Mic, Leek, and Tape.
- "Bowling, Now with Explosions!": Likely burned to death while trapped in a large metal box.
- Camera and the Announcer are the only characters to have their interfaces shown.
- Prior to Camera's first speaking role in "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?", Satomi Hinatsu confirmed that she had a voice in mind for Camera.
- However, it was also confirmed that she was not going to voice them.
- Camera is currently the only recommended character to reappear in IDFB that wasn't able to join the game.
- Camera is the only non-joining recommended character that has appeared in all seasons of BFDI.
- According to Cary in his BFB 7 reaction video, Michael Huang drew Camera's asset.
- When they are used, a faint face can be seen if looked at close enough.
- Camera was used again in "Questions Answered" to show the footage of Stapy switching the answer boxes to win and take Bubble's answer. Ultimately, Camera saved iance from elimination.
- So far, the only contestants to use Camera are Lightning, Pencil, Ruby, Book, Bubble, Match, and Eraser.
- Camera's appearance in "The Escape from Four" is the first time their face has been fully animated.
- Camera is one of the few characters who appeared in another character's audition, along with Woody (off-screen), Lightning, Battery, Clapboard, and Onigiri.
- Camera is one of the two TPOT debuters who lack limbs, the other is 9-Ball.
- Camera is one of the seven TPOT debuters who had appearances prior to BFB. The others are Battery, 9-Ball, Discy, Nonexisty, Scissors, and Tape.
- Camera is one of the eight TPOT debuters with white facial features. The others are Clapboard, Price Tag, Shopping Cart, Avocado, Anchor, Shampoo, and Snare Drum.
Click here to view the gallery.