|“||I have a job? I was just collecting.||”|
— Cloudy, "Lick Your Way to Freedom"
He was a recommended character who appeared in "Don't Lose Your Marbles", "The Reveal", and "Reveal Novum" as one of the 30 recommended characters voters could vote for to join Battle for Dream Island. However, he only got 4 votes and was blown away by Fanny to the Locker of Losers along with Bell.
In Battle for Dream Island Again, he only got 97 votes and did not join the game, but he was the highest-ranking contestant to have less than 100 votes. He, along with the other eliminated contestants, was flung to the Tiny Loser Chamber.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Official Character Guide biography
- 4 Coverage
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Votes
- 7 Items Cloudy has collected
- 8 Deaths
- 9 Kills
- 10 Trivia
- 11 Gallery
- 12 References
- 13 See also
Cloudy appears to be a white cumulus cloud. His main body is white, and his outline is gray.
- Cloudy is drawn nicely.
- Cloudy uses a generic cloud design.
- Cloudy has no limbs.
- Cloudy has a gray outline.
- Cloudy has the asset of the clouds in a sky background.
BFDI 17 (recommended character)
- Cloudy has arms.
- Cloudy has a black outline.
- Cloudy has his own asset.
- Cloudy is loosely drawn.
BFDI 17 (30 recommended characters)
- Cloudy reverts back to his BFDI 13 design.
IDFB - TPOT
- Cloudy is shorter.
- Cloudy has shading to his top and bottom.
- Cloudy's outline is a darker gray.
- Cloudy uses a unique asset.
Cloudy is generally a happy person. He changes climate depending on his mood. In "Reveal Novum", he turns into a rain cloud when he is sad, turns into a thunderstorm when he is mad and is white when happy or neutral. He seems to have a thick accent, tending to voice voiceless consonants in words, and vice versa (example: dog = tok).
Cloudy is also a collector, as he enjoys collecting many things and even has a pile of assorted items. He seems to cherish his collected items quite a bit and will get mad when somebody breaks one, as he was shown to be extremely upset at Coiny for accidentally breaking his window twice.
Official Character Guide biography
Cloud[sic] is a big puffy cloud! Cloudy likes to collect things like jawbreakers, favorite numbers, friends, trinkets, and various artifacts from previous challenges. If you're not careful, he may even try to collect you!
Did You Know?: Cloudy feels comfortable in his own "body" but gets strange looks when he shares that with people.
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- "Welcome Back" (voting screen)
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom"
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"
- "Fortunate Ben"
- "Four Goes Too Far"
- "The Liar Ball You Don't Want" (does not speak)
- "Questions Answered"
- "This Episode Is About Basketball"
- "Enter the Exit"
- "Get to the Top in 500 Steps" (does not speak)
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?" (does not speak)
- "Return of the Rocket Ship"
- "Don't Dig Straight Down"
- "The Four is Lava" (mentioned)
- "The Escape from Four" (speaks in group)
- Battle for BFB
- Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
- Non-canon appearances:
Battle for Dream Island
In "Don't Lose Your Marbles", Cloudy can be seen when the sun rises.
In "The Reveal", Cloudy is revealed to be one of the 30 handpicked recommended characters who can join the game. Cloudy campaigns by starting a thunderstorm.
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Welcome Back", Cloudy is given a chance to join the show by being voted out of the TLC.
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", he first appears when Coiny asks Snowball to throw Pin's blueberry seeds into the pot, getting angry and turning into a cumulonimbus cloud (thunderstorm) when the blueberry seeds hit his window.
He is later seen along with Nickel, 8-Ball, and Gaty after Fries denies to be friends with Leafy. Cloudy accepts Leafy's friend request since he wants to "collect as many friends as possible". When 8-Ball asks Gaty what her favorite number is, Cloudy mentions that he has thirty-seven favorite numbers that he has collected over the years.
He is then picked into Leafy's team since she wants to help him along with Nickel, Rocky, and Woody. During the challenge, he is seen trying to get the basket using his teeth, but then Balloony jumps onto the basket and deflates himself to give the basket to X.
In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", he tries to get a jawbreaker to his team with his teeth, but Leafy assigns him a job, and Cloudy responds negatively, putting the jawbreaker inside him and taking it to his team. Cloudy spits it out in front of Nickel, and then adds Leafy to his list of items to collent. He later sees Roboty with the jawbreakers, asks him how it's going there, then accidentally crushes him, causing Woody to get scared. They lose the contest since they couldn't find a jawbreaker with someone inside. Cloudy is angry at the sight of Balloony's supposedly dead body, but Leafy shows him that he's still alive and just needs to be inflated. Cloudy is horrified at the sight of Leafy popping Balloony in the process.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", he receives 911 votes at Cake at Stake, and upon receiving his Earth, his says his planet collection is complete. He then asks Nickel what a man is, and Nickel tells him that David is a man, causing Cloudy to vomit. When X comes back and Four tells him that nobody noticed he was gone, Cloudy points out that he did notice it. During the challenge, Roboty tells Balloony "FLY" in Morse code, asking Cloudy to move the swingset just like Puffball did for her team.
In "Fortunate Ben", he receives his bandages when Four forbids flying in the challenge. He thanks David for piloting the plane but ends up getting hurt during the ride. His team loses the contest when they end up hitting the ground.
In "Questions Answered", he is seen when Donut is making the whole Earth go through his camera that transmits matter. He then gets the 2nd question right, the answer being "Gluck gluck hork pork". Although, his accent may have made the answer sound different than it actually was.
In "This Episode Is About Basketball", Cloudy is first seen consoling X after the latter gave the voting results backward. During the challenge, Cloudy tells David and Woody only they can do the challenge since only they have arms. David does not help the team. When Woody tries helping, Cloudy successfully encourages him to throw one ball, but it still results in them being up for elimination.
In "Enter the Exit", Cloudy tells X about he's starting to miss Balloony. Cloudy asks X to bring back Balloony, which neither he nor Donut are able to do. Cloudy is saddened by this, but cheers up when X tells him he's safe before Cake at Stake has even started. Later, when Bottle hits Golf Ball with a golf club, he complains about his window being broken again, though neither he nor the window is shown. When Four recovers the dead contestants, Cloudy is happy to see Balloony again. Balloony comments on Cloudy's bandages still being on and takes them off. It is revealed the bandages did not allow tangerine juice to pass through, making him have white lines on his body.
In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", Cloudy, along with the rest of his team, backs away from Leafy when it was revealed she rejoined. Four also prevents Cloudy from participating in the following challenge because of his ability to fly.
In "Return of the Rocket Ship", Cloudy requests that Four recovers Balloony. Later, Golf Ball's Mutual Mind Reader reads Cloudy's mind, which consists of the thought, "I wanna collect X's treasure!" In return, he receives Golf Ball's thought: "What's this? 'I'm Golf Ball and the square root of 49 is 7'?" During the challenge, Cloudy follows his team down the hole iance started, being the only one who isn't falling. Later while underneath the ground, Cloudy tells off Balloony for forgetting to bring shovels. Balloony then makes Rocky barf acid in order to help with the digging. Nickel and Woody celebrate the latter's idea, but Cloudy tells them to stop and to jump in.
In "Don't Dig Straight Down", Cloudy is scared that he and the rest of the team will disintegrate because of the acid. Nickel then reminds him that he can fly since his bandages are gone. He remembers and gets grabbed by the rest of the team. After discovering lava, Cloudy gets told to turn around several times. After noticing they're trapped, Cloudy says that they need to get Rocky to barf more acid, which the others get to happen. Soon, Cloudy, along with Naily and the rest of his team, lands on top of Golf Ball's Underground Factory. Later, when Balloony is killed by lava, Cloudy is glad he and Rocky are short and expresses concern for Woody for being medium-height. However, after Woody lies down, Cloudy says Woody is lucky that he is now the shortest. Naily tells him to stop comparing heights, so Cloudy, Naily, Woody, and Rocky start banging the factory to get through. He dies shortly when lava falls on him.
Cloudy is mentioned in Book's happy thought that she receives as a prize for being safe at Cake at Stake, where the events of "Reveal Novum"'s debut with Book being the winner. In it, Cloudy has the same definition as "Reveal Novum".
In "The Escape from Four", he is recovered by Four. He is later seen with the other contestants, wanting to see Four struggle at something. He is then seen biting Lightning's head to help the eliminated contestants escape from Four. Later, Cloudy switches over to TPOT after the BFDI is replaced with A BFB.
Battle for BFB
In "X Marks the Spot", Cloudy mentions how X was there for him when Balloony died, and tells the Four Colored Team that they better not take X away. He’s happy when X gets glued to the ground so he can stay as the host, and is angered when Four Colored Team ends up lassoing X away.
Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
In "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?", Cloudy learns that Four brought back the original BFDI as a prize, but agrees that switching isn't worth it since Four is too untrustworthy. Cloudy asks Ice Cube why she looked so angry when Two said "pencil". During the team picking, Cloudy listens to Yellow Face's offer before teaming up with him and Rocky. He also teams up with Winner's group, wondering if they were also a cloud since he's never collected more of himself. During the challenge, Cloudy tries carrying Rocky, but flying too fast results in Rocky falling through, vomiting in him before it all falls out. When the team realizes they can use Winner to throw everyone to the roof, Cloudy simply flies to the top.
- Main article: Cloudy/Relationships
|18||4 (to join)|
|1||97 (to join)|
Items Cloudy has collected
- Main article: Cloudy's Collection
- "Reveal Novum": Is crushed by the sun with the other recommended characters (except Nickel) in the LOL.
- "Don't Dig Straight Down": Is killed by lava.
Total kills: 1
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Pin||1||"No More Snow!" (along with Lightning and FreeSmart)|
- Cloudy is one of the seven limbless contestants, with the others being Yellow Face, Puffball, Black Hole, 8-Ball, Bell, and Roboty.
- Cloudy is one of the four contestants that can fly, with the others being Black Hole, Puffball, and Lightning.
- Out of the contestants who made their competitive debut in BFB, Cloudy is one of the few who is voiced by Michael Huang, along with Loser and Robot Flower.
- Cloudy and Bubble are the only contestants with accents that make them switch sounds in words.
- Counting his cameo in "No More Snow!", Cloudy is one of the few contestants who escaped the TLC while the game was still going, the others are Ice Cube, Bell, Grassy, Evil Leafy, 8-Ball, and Lightning.
- Taking Pen's legal name into account, then Cloudy is the first lowest voted contestant in BFB whose name doesn't start with a B.
- Coincidentally, the next letter from B is C.
- Cloudy is one of the few non-BFDI contestants who have been safe with the least votes, the others are Balloony, Bomby, Gelatin, Foldy, and Barf Bag.
- In BFB, Cloudy holds the record of highest votes given to a least voted contestant in a single episode, with 1,388 votes in BFB 10.
- When sad, Cloudy becomes gray and rains. When he's angry he turns gray but makes thunder and lightning. When he’s neutral or happy, he is white.
- Cloudy's old asset is used frequently in BFDI for clouds, along with a couple of others.
- Cloudy enjoys collecting things.
- He has 37 favorite numbers. However, it is unknown what they are.
- He also collects friends, as he mentions when Leafy asks if he wants to be friends with her. This is also proved by Cloudy's list of things to "collect" in BFB 2, which included Leafy.
- In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", after receiving an earth, he says that his planet collection is complete. Meaning he's somehow collected the other seven planets.
- In the same episode, he says that he likes to collect dreams and apparently the votes he gets.
- Cloudy's speech is marked by switching the voiced and voiceless plosives, fricatives, and affricates, resulting in the following consonants being swapped with one another, which makes up his "thick accent":
- t (as in two) and d (as in dog)
- p (as in pull) and b (as in bull)
- t͡ʃ (as in chair) and d͡ʒ (as in badge)
- f (as in off) and v (as in voice)
- k (as in cat) and g (as in bag)
- s (as in some) and z (as in clouds)
- ʃ (as in should) and /ʒ/ (as in pleasure)
- θ (as in thin) and ð (as in that)
- In Book's definition of him in BFDI 18, Cloudy is revealed to have serious mood swings.
- According to a tweet by Satomi, Cloudy was a female during the production of "Getting Teardrop to Talk", but he was switched due to his voice being misleading. He switched genders with Naily.
- It's likely that during the production of "Getting Teardrop to Talk", he wasn't going to have a thick accent since he said "Hey, my window!" normally.
- In "Jingle BELL Rock 🔔 Song with Four, Bell, Seven", Cloudy is seen with a human mouth.
Click here to view the gallery.
BFB 16: Balloony • Cloudy • Nickel • Rocky • Woody
|Other content||Cloudy's Collection, Duct Tape|