|“||Here, I have 8 dollars!||”|
— Pen, "Sweet Tooth"
Currency is an item used throughout BFDI. The currency is equivalent to that of USD (United States Dollar). It consists of coins and dollars.
The Box of Paper Slips also seems to hold value. The desired amount of money can be written on the front of the slip, and it instantly gains value.
In "Sweet Tooth", Pen and Eraser want to buy cakes from Leafy for the challenge. Leafy charges $5 per cake, but Pen only has $8, which can only buy one cake. He finds $1.99 on the ground, which is still one cent short. Pen and Eraser then go to find Coiny to use him to buy another cake.
Nickels were used as a Cake at Stake prize in "Vomitaco".
In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2", Firey desperately bets his life's earnings to the Announcer, refusing to believe that he sold the Recovery Centers. Despite Firey's extreme doubts, Announcer confirms that he did sell them, so he wins the bet and thanks Firey for the free money. At the end of the same episode, Firey asks for his earnings back, but the Announcer reveals to have spent them on new Recovery Centers.
In "The Long-lost Yoyle City", Pin and Needle put Coiny and Nickel in close contact, which causes an explosion of coins and dollars to fly out of a portal. The money is stored in a giant bag offscreen, and Spongy is forced to carry it during the challenge.
List of known currencies
- $0 bill (seen in Coiny and Nickel's explosion)
- Coiny (1 cent coin)
- Nickel (5 cent coin)
- Ruby (apparently worth billions of dollars)
- $1 bill
- $1.99 bill
- $5 bill (seen in Coiny & Nickel's explosion)
- $8 bill
- $10 bill (seen in Coiny & Nickel's explosion)
- $50 bill (seen in Coiny & Nickel's explosion)
- $100 bill (seen in Coiny & Nickel's explosion)
- Box of Paper Slips (debatable)
- X's emeralds (possibly)
- As seen in "Sweet Tooth", bills can be split in half and still be payable.