— David's catchphrase
David is a male contestant in Battle for Dream Island and Battle for BFDI. He was created by TDICaitlincookegroup on YouTube after 39 voters voted for him to be eliminated, even though he wasn’t up for elimination at the time.
David joined the game due to him being the recommended character with the most votes in "Reveal Novum" at 102, beating Bomby at 73 votes, but he got eliminated in "Gardening Hero" with 331 votes and placed 8th overall.
David is a stick figure that is poorly drawn. His outline and facial details are gray, and his face is white. He turns red and has yellow zig-zagged lines that resemble lightning bolts surrounding him when he gets angry. He appears to have a blank stare most of the time.
In "Four Goes Too Far", he became orange, due to him being safe from elimination. He retains this character change in TPOT as well.
Due to a lack of things that he can say, David's personality is somewhat of a mystery. However, him saying "Aw, seriously?" shows us that he can be quite whiny and a person who complains a lot.
David is also quite antisocial, often refusing to follow the directions of others and quick to shout his catchphrase whenever greeted with conflict. This ties into his public status, as many of his peers find him odd and unnerving.
David is more dynamic in BFB. Though at times he is helpful to his team, he still has bouts of unruliness and stubbornness. This is best exemplified in "Fortunate Ben", where David helps his team by piloting the plane, but also falls asleep whenever he wants to, or in "Lick Your Way to Freedom", where David initially refuses to lick the jawbreakers. David fought against getting eliminated and ran away twice.
Official Character Guide biography
David's personality is a mystery. He is antisocial. When conflict arises, he yells out his catchphrase, "Aw, Seriously?" David has been cloned many times, to the point that a sea of Davids has populated a region called Davidland.
Did You Know?: "NazzBliss" was the first person to mention David in a YouTube comment in February 2011, which had no explanation.
- Jumpscaring: In BFDI 18, David can angrily yell a distorted version of his catchphrase, while turning red, growing larger, and emitting electric sparks. Although this doesn't seem to have the stunning effect of Four's Screechy, it can still surprise and unnerve others. This is ineffective against Pencil.
- Auto-tuned voice: In "Rescission", David is shown to be able to auto-tune his voice to "Mary Had a Little Lamb".
- Head growth: In the same episode, David was shown to be able to grow 2 extra heads. The only purpose this served was to increase the volume of the last note of his singing.
- Poison immunity: David was the only contestant in BFDI to be immune to bug poison. In BFDIA, Gelatin is also immune to poison.
- Inflatable head: A David clone was able to get his head inflated in "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2" to be a stand-in for Bubble.
- Leaf shedding: In "Return of the Hang Glider", David votes for Leafy to win Dream Island by having leaves grow from his body.
- Black Hole immunity: In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", despite being sucked up by Black Hole, David didn't die. This is also non-canonically shown in "Battle for Dream Island: Official Character Guide/Instagram Promotion", where David casually throws Black Hole away. However, in "If Among Us Was a BFDI Challenge", David did die after being sucked up by Black Hole.
- Wind manipulation: Using the "hair" on his head, David could control the wind and act as a makeshift sail in "Fortunate Ben".
- Flammability: Contrary to Dora, David is easily flammable and will be reduced to ashes if he comes into contact with fire.
- Sunrise allergy: It's been stated that David is allergic to sunrises in "Reveal Novum". However, the only reaction he seemingly has is forcefully blinking.
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- "Welcome Back" (cameo)
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom"
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"
- "Today's Very Special Episode" (flashback, does not speak coherently)
- "Fortunate Ben" (no lines)
- "Four Goes Too Far"
- "Questions Answered" (no lines)
- "This Episode Is About Basketball"
- "Enter the Exit" (eliminated)
- "Get to the Top in 500 Steps"
- "Return of the Rocket Ship" (voting screen)
- "The Four is Lava" (mentioned)
- "The Escape from Four" (speaks in group)
- Battle for BFB
- Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
- "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?" (no lines)
- Non-canon appearances
- "Last BFDI"
- "Battle for Dream Island: Official Character Guide/Instagram Promotion"
- "Lo-Fi Beats to Yoyle To" (clones)
- "Tribute to Our First Commenter"
- "Aw, Seriously?"
- "PUMPKIN 2.0 - BFDI Halloween Shorts"
- "If Among Us Was a BFDI Challenge"
- "Unboxing 3 Silver Play Buttons (and a BFB 30 announcement!)" (mentioned)
Battle for Dream Island
In "Vomitaco", David was first recognized when the Announcer explained that even though he was not even a contestant at the time, he had received 39 elimination votes. David says his catchphrase in response. David also responded "Yeah?" when the Announcer addressed him.
In "The Reveal", it is revealed that David is one of the 30 handpicked recommended characters who could be voted into the game. David campaigns by turning red and throwing a temper tantrum, screaming "AW SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!"
In "Reveal Novum", David's first day of competition begins when he receives the most votes to join the game. During the staring contest, he uses his red-faced temper tantrum ability to scare his opponents, causing them to flinch, blinking in the process. This strategy does not work against Pencil, however. David eventually blinks the next morning upon seeing the sun, due to his allergy to sunrises. Despite not receiving any points at the start of his game, he manages to earn second place in the staring contest and get 30 points on the scoreboard, avoiding elimination.
In "Rescission", David, along with Ice Cube, Rocky, Bubble, and Leafy all avoid the mud-caked shovels that the Announcer throws at them during Cake at Stake. This upsets Announcer, who proceeds to cry acid all over Ice Cube, Rocky, and David. David's points are later traded for 30 teddy bears. During the unicycle race, David (literally) begins beeping "Mary had a Little Lamb" as an 8-bit melody and has 3 heads at the end. Right before reaching the finish line, he runs into Firey and burns to ash. Unable to finish the race, he is put up for elimination along with Ice Cube and Spongy.
In "Gardening Hero", David is eliminated with a record of 331 votes. It is later announced that a loser is going to rejoin the game. David campaigns by saying his catchphrase. When Announcer demands that he should say something else, he yells, "NO!". This marks the 2nd episode in which he said something other than his catchphrase.
In "The Glistening", David is one of the 10 eliminated contestants who vote Ice Cube to be eliminated, saying "Aw...-Ice Cube!" while turning into Steven. This marks the 3rd episode David says something other than his catchphrase. It is later revealed that David received 41 votes and placed 7th in the rejoin, which was not enough to rejoin.
In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2", because he is immune to bugs, David is the only contestant to survive the bug attack. Announcer then decides to recreate everyone by cloning David 20 times, 17 for the TLC members and 4 all dressed in costumes for the final 4 contestants. It is unknown if the true David is present among the clones. All the Davids disappear when everyone returns.
In "Return of the Hang Glider", his final appearance, David chooses to say his catchphrase instead of saying "Cake at Stake!" with the rest of the eliminated contestants. At the final Cake at Stake, David votes Leafy to win Dream Island, expressing his opinion by transforming into "Leafy David" from "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2". After Firey wins Dream Island, he is initially reluctant to let David in, but is convinced when David says his catchphrase. After David enters Dream Island to find it gone, he does not appear for the rest of the episode.
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", David only gets 251 votes to join, which is not enough to compete in BFDIA. He is flung to the LOL along with all of the other ineligible contestants.
In "Welcome Back", David is trapped inside the Locker of Losers along with all the other contestants who didn't compete in BFDIA. He is also seen trying to escape the LOL by using his angry "yelling" while repeatedly smashing himself on the lid. At the end of the episode, he is given a chance to join the show by being voted out of the TLC.
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", David is first seen almost getting sucked into Black Hole before the intro. David is the second-to-last person to be picked for a team since Gelatin deems him "weird". Despite this, Leafy brings David onto Beep, stating she wants to help him. When the team name is being discussed, David is impressed by it, saying "Aw", instead of "Aw, seriously?". David does not play an active role in the challenge, but repeats his catchphrase after his team wins.
In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", David initially refuses to start licking jawbreakers, much to the anger of Balloony, but later starts licking one with Nickel. Beep only opens empty jawbreakers and loses the challenge. In the stinger, David is seen still licking a jawbreaker, but Nickel tells him to stop because they already lost. They walk away as it is revealed that Taco is inside of the jawbreaker that David was licking.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", David falls into the bottom two of voting but survives with 3,934 votes. This marks David's first time surviving an elimination. Cloudy is disgusted when he finds that David is what a man looks like, causing Cloudy to almost vomit. David does not actively participate in the challenge, as Cloudy does the challenge for his team.
In "Today's Very Special Episode", David is heard making a disgusted grunting sound due to the cake Beep made for the challenge, for the cake batter is made out of Rocky's vomit. Once again, Balloony is angered by David's reaction.
In "Fortunate Ben", David manipulates his (assumed) hair to direct the team paper airplane, which earns him compliments from Roboty and Cloudy. However, he soon falls asleep, causing the plane to fall downwards in a nosedive. David is then woken up by Rocky's barf — to the relief of Balloony — and he resumes control of the plane and steers it away from the cliff. However, these efforts are wasted when Stapy causes the cliff to suddenly jut out, making Beep crash and lose the challenge. David is up for elimination once again.
In "Four Goes Too Far", David is in the bottom two for voting again. To this, he replies, "Aw, dreariously?". He survives when it is revealed that Roboty received more votes than him. When the challenge begins, David is one of the first contestants to get the twinkle of contagion, but he immediately gives it to Match. Clock has the twinkle after three hours, keeping David safe from elimination.
In "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", David does not appear at all despite being alive and present on Earth.
In "Questions Answered", David is first seen after Donut has pushed most of Earth through the camera, as he is repositioned by the change in gravity. Later, he can be seen with his team at their buzzer.
In "This Episode Is About Basketball", during the challenge, David is told by Cloudy that he and Woody are the only members of their team with arms (since Balloony is dead), therefore being the only ones who can throw balls into the basket. However, he replies with his catchphrase and doesn't cooperate when Woody tries to give him a ball. When Woody eventually lands a ball in the basket, he cheers. His team loses the challenge shortly after, so they are up for elimination.
In "Enter the Exit", David is once again in the bottom two for voting, though his teammates don't seem to care. He is eliminated with 11,292 votes and told by X to "be eliminated" like Stapy, but he instead shouts "NO!" and runs away. David is eventually caught at the edge of a cliff and stuffed inside X's head. X keeps David stuffed inside him until Four is recovered and picks him out, leading to him trying to run away again. However, Four grabs him and sends him to the EXIT. Once all the eliminated contestants are sucked up by Four, David says his catchphrase and enters the EXIT. Four tells the EXITors that one of them will be rejoining the show, followed by David saying his catchphrase. In his rejoining audition, David says "Aw" twice.
In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", David only receives 1,255 votes to rejoin, which is not enough to rejoin. He says his catchphrase when he learns the news.
In "The Four is Lava", David is mentioned in Book's happy thought that she receives as a prize for being safe at Cake at Stake, where the events of "Reveal Novum"'s debut with Book being the winner. In it, David is mentioned in Book's dictionary with the same definition as "Reveal Novum".
In "The Escape from Four", David attempts to escape the EXIT with the other eliminated contestants. He can be seen chanting for Loser as Loser builds the tower to Four's mouth. When Spongy shows to be an even closer path, he climbs in through Spongy's holes, having a hard time getting out because he keeps bumping into everyone else. David manages to reach the surface briefly but is sucked back in by Four.
In "Chapter Complete", David does not appear in the first imagination sequence, but appears in the second. He watches as Four argues with the other imaginary EXITors. When Four says that him being rejected isn't his fault, David angrily asks "Seriously?". Later, Four snaps and David, along with the other imaginary EXITors, disappears.
Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
In "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?", David appears briefly in the stinger, watching Liy and Stapy with the other EXITors.
- Main article: David/Relationships
|15||39 (wasn't a contestant yet)|
|18||102 (joins the game)|
|21||41 (to rejoin)|
|1||251 (to join)|
|11||1,255 (to rejoin)|
- He is killed when he comes in contact with Announcer's acid.
- Burns to ash when he comes in contact with Firey.
- "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2": A clone of David is burnt to ash by Announcer, attempting to make him Firey
- "Last BFDI": Has his head cut off by a knife.
- "If Among Us Was a BFDI Challenge": Sucked into Black Hole.
- David, Dora, and Robot Flower are the only contestants with limbs who can move without moving their limbs.
- While the other two have moved their limbs on multiple occasions, David's only instance is in "The Escape from Four", where he can (barely) be seen sitting at his desk with his legs bent.
- David and Dora are the only official contestants (not including other recommended characters that did not debut) that resemble humans.
- David is one of the five contestants not included in the BFB credits, the others are Dora, Teardrop, Remote, and Roboty.
- David and Dora are the only contestants in EXIT with an appearance change.
- David's, however, will disappear when he is killed and recovered.
- David is immune to bugs, along with Gelatin and Firey.
- David, Black Hole, Loser, Foldy, Stapy, and Liy are the only contestants with assets that were never permanently updated since their first appearance.
- David and Black Hole are the only contestants who still use decade old assets as they first appeared in BFDI.
- David appeared first out of the two, making him the contestant who's gone the longest without an updated asset.
- David is one of the 6 contestants with an actual human name, the others are Ruby, Rocky, Woody, Dora, and Fanny.
- David is one of the eight characters who have been recommended variants of themselves (Steven, in David's case). The others are Marker, Four, Flower, Puffball, Bubble, Spongy, and Cake.
- In "Vomitaco", David got 39 votes, even though he didn’t join until "Reveal Novum".
- David was the first non-object to compete in BFDI.
- David is the first contestant to debut in the middle of a season, the second is Profily.
- In "Reveal Novum", David beat 29 other recommended characters and joined BFDI.
- Coincidentally, he beat Bomby, the runner up, by 29 votes.
- David ranked 18th to join BFDIA out of the original 21 BFDI contestants.
- David was the first person to be eliminated after the points system was removed in BFDI.
- David, Flower, Match, Woody, Spongy, Golf Ball, and Blocky are the only BFDI contestants who have never been safe with the least votes.
- David is one of the 6 BFDI contestants who didn't get enough votes to join BFDIA, along with Woody, Pen, Eraser, Blocky, and Snowball.
- Golf Ball also didn't have enough votes but was picked by a contest winner.
- David is the highest ranking male in BFDI who didn't qualify for BFDIA.
- David is the only season 1 contestant who has never competed on the same team with Firey.
- David is one of two contestants who have had their votes incorrectly displayed in an episode, along with Leafy. In "Four Goes Too Far", he’s revealed to have 4,955 votes when it was actually 4,995.
- David has always been in the bottom two when he has been up for elimination.
- He's been in the bottom two with Spongy, Leafy, Roboty, and Rocky.
- Ironically, this would’ve still been the case in "Vomitaco", when he wasn’t even a real contestant yet, as he received enough unofficial votes to bottom two with Eraser.
- He, Dora, and Pie are the only contestants who have never avoided the bottom two on multiple occasions.
- David's elimination in BFB follows the same pattern as Woody's from BFDI: bottom two twice, then eliminated.
- David is the first contestant to get more than 20,000 overall votes.
- David is the first contestant to get more votes than a previously eliminated contestant while still being safe in an elimination.
- David has had the most auditions, one to join and two to rejoin.
- David and Pencil are the only contestants with rejoin auditions in both BFDI and BFB.
- David is one of the four contestants who have tried to avoid being eliminated, the others are Flower, Match, and Roboty.
- In both episodes where David gets eliminated, a rejoin is announced, and in the following episode he fails to rejoin.
- David, Bracelety, Liy, Roboty, 8-Ball, Stapy, Firey Jr., Winner, and Price Tag are the only contestants to have competed on one team only.
- David is the only contestant who has competed in multiple seasons while only being a member of one team.
- Michael Huang claims drinking lots of water helps him voice David.
- So far, David has said 9 things other than his catchphrase: "No!" (three times), "Yeah?", "Seriously?", "Aw!", bleeping (noise) the song "Mary Had a Little Lamb", "Ice Cube!" (while turning into Steven), "Aw" backwards, a disgusted groan, and "Aw, dreariously!"
- David's catchphrase was said several times by Needle and once by Pen before he joined the game.
- Despite being infamous for saying his catchphrase, his first ever line was actually "Yeah?"
- David is the only BFDI contestant who has never killed another character.
- In contrast, Dora is the only BFDIA contestant who has never killed another character.
- David is allergic to sunrises, which was revealed in "Reveal Novum".
- Dora states that she and David are not related in "Get Digging", where she also said that she had tried to kill David many times but failed. Despite this, the two have never directly interacted, even though they can be seen in proximity to each other in several episodes and coexist in the EXIT.
- David is the only contestant who has been cloned.
- David was the last contestant to be created in BFDI (as seen in B.A.G.U.E.T.T.E 1B).
- This is due to him not joining until "Reveal Novum", and not being recommended until "Vomitaco".
- Even though David was in BFDI, he was not included in the intro after "Reveal Novum".
- In BFDIA, Ice Cube's favorite screen is 3 Davids. This could mean she is good friends with David, even though their only interaction is when David voted to eliminate her.
- There's a place called "Davidland", where the ground is filled with copies of David.
- Its origin might be the David Cloner.
- It was first shown in BFDIA.
- It is considered dangerous by the characters.
- David is the only contestant to be eliminated in BFDI by the Double Laser Powered Teleportation Device.
- David's asset is often used to make human characters (see Variations of David for more).
- As a result, he has the most variations out of the entire cast.
- David is the only pre-BFB contestant to never have his appearance permanently change.
- David has gone the longest with a temporary character change out of any contestant. He turned orange in "Four Goes Too Far", which was three years ago, and has not died since.
- Despite having no visible tongue, he was shown licking a jawbreaker in "Lick Your Way to Freedom".
- David appears to hate vomit, as he was the only member of Beep who was disgusted with the cake his team prepared for Four in "Today's Very Special Episode".
- However, he doesn't seem to mind when Rocky barfs on him in the following episode.
- David has not used his "yelling" since IDFB.
Click here to view the gallery.
BFB 16: Balloony • Cloudy • Nickel • Rocky • Woody
Inhabitants: Pencil • Bracelety • Liy • Roboty • 8-Ball • Stapy • David • Match • Firey Jr. • Dora