Davids are the species (or the clones) of David. Most of them look the same and live in Davidland. Many Davids were cloned with the David Cloner, and others are variants of existing characters, including characters from other media. They can also be Davids with accessories or different names. Despite the fact that they have many abilities humans can't have in real life, they have been referred to as humans.
After the 20 remaining contestants got killed by bugs, David was the sole survivor, apart from Announcer as seen in "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2". The Announcer replaced the contestants with non-recommended variants of Davids until he realized that the contestants faked their deaths. It is debatable whether or not the Davids cloned by the announcer make up the entirety of Davidland.
A recommended character named "David Army" consists of 16 unaffected Davids.
Davids are poorly drawn stick figures. They are usually pale-skinned or unrealistically colored, although darker skinned Davids with skin tones that can appear in real life (for example, Michelle Obama) exist.
Davids don't often move their limbs. But they can, as seen in several episodes. It's possible that they only do so when necessary.
Powers and weaknesses
All Davids have powers, but their powers depend on the character. For example, Dora is immune to lava/fire, while David isn't.
- Yelling: Davids can yell a distorted version of their catchphrase. Although this doesn't seem to have the stunning effect of Four's Screechy, it can still surprise and unnerve others.
- Pitch-Shifted voice: In "Rescission", the David competing in BFDI is shown to be able to auto-tune his voice to "Mary Had A Little Lamb".
- Head growth: In the same episode, the same David was shown to be able to grow 3 extra heads.
- Poison immunity: David (alongside Gelatin) does not suffer any harmful effects when bitten by a bug and inflicted with its poison.
- Inflatable head: A David clone was able to survive getting his head inflated in "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2" to be a stand-in for Bubble.
- Wind manipulation: Using the "hair" on his head, David could control the wind and act as a makeshift sail in "Fortunate Ben".
- Heat resistance: Dora is able to survive in molten lava without any visible burns, which means she can withstand 700°C–1200°C (1300°F–2200°F).
- Speed boost: Dora can charge up for a speed boost that roughly takes 3 and a half minutes to charge. Once released, she can run up about 500 steps in two seconds. Assuming the steps are 25.4 cm (10 inches) long each, that means she can run up to 228.6 km/h (179.3 mph) with this boost.
- Super-human strength: Dora is able to break massive jawbreakers with thick walls with just a bash of her skull. She is also unharmed by this.
- Flammability: Contrary to Dora, David is easily flammable and will be reduced to ashes if he comes into contact with fire.
- Sunrise allergy: It's been stated that David is allergic to sunrise. However, the only reaction he seemingly has is forcefully blinking.