|“||If you fall into the [...] MAGMA, and DIE, you have to start all over again!||”|
"Don't Pierce My Flesh" is the 22nd episode of Battle for Dream Island. It was released on October 1, 2011.
Before the intro
The episode begins with Firey and Flower standing on a stone bridge. Firey tells Flower to look at something he found. Flower says that she won't care about anything except for Dream Island. Firey then says that it's a bug. Flower starts to panic and smashes the bug with her hammer, inadvertently destroying the bridge along with the bug. The two fall into a pit of water, but Firey is saved from apparent death by Leafy. The rope's momentum causes Firey to land on the end of the (incredibly long) fuse of Bomby, who explodes, making Spongy fall from a platform that is hanging in a high place, crushing the Announcer. Spongy gets an electric shock in the process before the intro plays.
After Bubble wondered what would happen without the Announcer, Leafy said they all won, but Flower believed that she won. Firey, along with Flower, reveals that they created replacement speakers. They both say that they only used one, but they use both as a compromise recommended by Leafy.
At Cake at Stake, 844 votes had been cast, which is fewer than last time. The cake is a Yoylecake. Leafy remarked about it being cute, but the Flower Speaker Box shot a laser at her, which she managed to dodge. Spongy received zero votes due to his immunity. Firey received 64 votes, and there was no TV used for Cake at Stake due to budget cuts, so they used tubs of colored water to count votes instead. Leafy received 69 votes, Bubble received 80 votes, with Flower and Rocky close in votes. Firey Speaker Box and Flower Speaker Box measured the liquid for each since it was too close to tell in the tub. In the end, Rocky is eliminated with 7 more votes (319 votes).
As a reward for making it to the final 5, they all got houses. Flower complains that her house is too small while Leafy is satisfied with her house. Spongy was too big so, he crushed his house and got sad. The Firey Announcer said they have backups, but the Flower Speaker said they needed to get to the contest, which ended up being to escape a volcano after some arguing. The contestants went in a spaceship, and Bubble said she couldn't find the parachutes, to which the Flower Announcer said there were none.
The contest is to escape The Volcano. Firey swims through the magma and reaches the platforms while everyone else dies almost instantly. Firey swims and snatches the platform, and goes past the smashers while everybody else kept dying many times. Only Leafy, Bubble, and Flower managed to do it by jumping onto Spongy. They also pass the smashers. However, the fire monster has eaten Firey and Flower while Leafy, Bubble, and Spongy have died from the lava tsunamis and the volcano erupted. However, everyone was recovered and got out at the same time. So they had a tiebreaker, which was a beauty contest. The replacement boxes thought Flower and Firey are the most beautiful of all, resulting in Leafy, Bubble, and Spongy being up for elimination.
Flower, Leafy, Firey, and Spongy turn to metal after eating the yoylecake while Bubble looks at them confused before finally succumbing to the yoyleberry's effect.
|Contestant||Votes||Percentage of votes|
|Michael Huang||Firey/Flower/Leafy/Bubble/Firey Speaker Box/Flower Speaker Box|
- Announcer appears; however, he does not speak.
- This episode features the closest voting ever in BFDI, Rocky getting only 7 more votes than Flower did.
- This was the closest voting ever, until the 1-vote difference (10,566 to 10,565) in BFB 22.
- This marks the third time Bomby exploded.
- At 2:25, The Firey Speaker Box refers to Bubble as "Metal ball", because she turned into a metal ball on the previous episode.
- The name of the episode could be referring to Bubble being a backstabber to Leafy.
- However, it could also be a reference to lava or magma, thus lava burns and pierces flesh.
- This was the first episode where Flower died and on screen.
- This is the first and only episode where the Announcer appears but does not speak, ignoring cameos.
- This is also the Announcer's first minor role.
- Firey says "Hurtful!" in this episode. On the next episode is called "Hurtful!".
- The houses that were given as prizes use the same asset as the house the Announcer gave cake to in "Bridge Crossing".
- The messages displayed at the status screen of the Master Recovery Center are:
- "COMMENT THIS SECRET MESSAGE "GET TO THE END ALTHOUGH THERE IS NO END" IF YOU DO YOU GET A TRIBUTE VIDEO!" A reference to HTwins's "Get To The Top Although There Is No Top"
- "COULD DIE. VOLCANOES DON'T ACTUALLY ERUPT THIS WAY, IT'S JUST MORE EXCITING! DON'T YOU AGREE?"
- "UGH, I'M JUST SO BORED OF TYPING STATUES, STATI, I MEAN. YOU KNOW?"
- Flower came the closest to immunity since she was the first contestant to be recovered after the volcano eruption.
- This is also the only episode where Flower receives immunity.
- This episode's thumbnail is very similar to BFDI 21's.
- Flower saying Nightmare Moon is a reference to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
- The fuel sticks to the Master Recovery Center as it flies to the sky and lands.
- Despite dying multiple times during the challenge, the contestants still turn into Yoyle metal in the stinger.
- A bug is smashed by a large mallet swung by Flower.
- Flower falls in a pit of water.
- Bomby blows up when he is lit by Firey, thanks to Leafy, who threw him.
- Announcer died by getting squashed by Spongy.
- Leafy, Spongy, Bubble, and Flower burned in lava numerous times.
- Flower and Firey get eaten by the fire monster.
- Bubble, Leafy, Flower, and Spongy died inside the volcano's eruption.
- Recommended characters died in the volcano's eruption (debatable).
|Don't Lose Your Marbles • Half a Loaf Is Better Than None • Vomitaco • Bowling, Now with Explosions! • The Reveal • Reveal Novum • Rescission • Gardening Hero • The Glistening • Don't Pierce My Flesh • Hurtful! • Insectophobe's Nightmare 2|