|“||My name is Dora and I need the island very badly because I feed on islands. Islands are my only food, and, as such, I need as many islands as I can get! Many people refuse to sell me islands because they know that I will just gobble them up, and that is true, but what harm would that do to them? We island-eaters are tired of the discrimination we receive from society in general, and would greatly appreciate it if just one ray of light was shone on our people in the form of Dream Island!||”|
— Dora, translated, "The Reveal"
Dora is a female contestant in Battle for Dream Island Again and Battle for BFDI, and is one of the 30 recommended characters who had a chance to join Battle for Dream Island in "Reveal Novum". She failed to join with only 9 votes.
She competed in BFDIA, but was eliminated in "Insectophobe's Nightmare 3". She was one of the characters trapped in the Tiny Loser Chamber in IDFB. She got 273 votes to join. She was on the team in BFB but got eliminated in "The Four is Lava" with 11,109 votes.
She is a stick figure version of the eponymous character in Dora the Explorer. She also apparently speaks fluent Insulavoric, notorious for being one of the hardest languages to pick up. Her speech pre-BFB is incredibly fast and high pitched. Her speech in BFB is repeatedly saying "DA".
Dora appears as a reskin of David, with brown, football-shaped hair with split bangs and lighter brown outlines.
Dora's personality is somewhat unknown because her dialogue is her repeatedly saying "Dadadada". Despite this, she can be seen as a calm and collected individual, not causing conflict, and somewhat introverted. Four can understand her for some reason which is yet to be explained.
However, Dora can also be scornful and even hateful, especially towards the viewers and David. In "Get Digging", she insults the viewers and the worth of their opinions, and in "Reveal Novum", she states that her death will haunt the viewers. An unused line of dialogue suggests that she would kill Lollipop just to see her "worthless attitude disappear".
"The Four is Lava" shows that Dora has become more humble and sentimental compared to her first appearances in the series. When she is eliminated, she is not angry but instead claims to have valued and the time she shared with them, and wishes to tell her teammates something important before Four absorbs her, and willingly enters EXIT without any complaints.
Overall, Dora is a mysterious person with strange intentions.
Official Character Guide biography
Dora eats islands. If she doesn't, she'll starve. Who knows why? All we know is that she refuses to eat anything else. Perhaps the nutritional value of these islands is what gives Dora the strength she needs to open jawbreakers with her head. Dora's language, Insulavoric, is one of the most difficult languages to pick up.
Dora really, really dislikes David.
You Don't Say!: Dora loves to sing her island-eating song. It goes like this:
Islands, islands! Yum, yum, yum! Islands! Chomp! Islands! They are so delish! Gimme islands now! Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme! Islands! Yum! Islands. Glorp! Shlorp! Gobble! Gloop!
- Heat resistance: Dora is able to survive in molten lava without any visible burns, which means she can withstand 700°C–1200°C (1300°F–2200°F).
- Speed boost: Dora can charge up for a speed boost that roughly takes 3 and a half minutes to charge. Once released, she can run up about 500 steps in two seconds. Assuming the steps are 25.4 cm (10 inches) long each, that means she can run up to 228.6 km/h (179.3 mph) with this boost.
- Super-human strength: Dora is able to break massive jawbreakers with thick walls with just a bash of her skull. She is also unharmed by this.
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- "Welcome Back" (cameo)
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom" (does not speak)
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset" (does not speak)
- "Fortunate Ben" (does not speak)
- "Four Goes Too Far"
- "The Liar Ball You Don't Want" (does not speak)
- "Questions Answered" (does not speak)
- "This Episode Is About Basketball"
- "Enter the Exit" (does not speak)
- "Get to the Top in 500 Steps" (does not speak)
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?" (does not speak)
- "Return of the Rocket Ship" (does not speak)
- "Don't Dig Straight Down" (does not speak)
- "The Four is Lava" (eliminated)
- "The Escape from Four" (speaks in group)
- "Take the Tower" (mentioned)
Battle for Dream Island
Dora makes her debut as a cameo in "Vomitaco". She was recommended by JACKIEMON1 in this episode.
In "The Reveal", Dora auditions to join the game, in perfect Spanish.
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", Dora is one of 22 to make it onto Season 2, with 439 votes, placing 10th. Due to Rule 1 of the BFDI Game Rules, Dora technically places 8th, because Bubble and Leafy, two characters who ranked higher than Dora, are not present, so they can't compete. Dora is originally on W.O.A.H. Bunch, but after everyone starts switching to Team No-Name, she follows.
When she is asked for her favorite screen, she comes up with five of them: A fan shape, and the numbers 2, 3, 4 and 5.
In "Get Digging", she attends the W.O.A.H. Bunch's Cake at Stake as many clones of herself, laughing at the losers. She doesn't do much in the contest, as Fries tells her to dig underground to find ingredients for the Yoylestew. While digging, she explains lots of things, like islands are her main source of food, and David and she are not related to each other, and in fact, are enemies. Her team loses at the end.
Battle for BFDI/BFB
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Dora appears trying to build islands when she sees that Stapy and Marker are tossing the dirt, and she sings possibly the same song as she sung in Get Digging. She joins as a result of Book wanting to learn more about her, and is shown running through a desert, running through an oven, and swimming in lava with Taco and Saw before they become the last team who is safe. She also appears to be the only one that can speak to Four without getting screeched at.
In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", it is shown that Dora survived trying to get the basket from last episode along with Saw. She is seen knocking down a jawbreaker and breaking it open by headbutting it, freeing Book, and making her and her team safe from elimination.
In "Four Goes Too Far", Dora and the rest of grab onto A Better Name Than That's rocket to escape the Twinkle of Contagion. However, while in space, Saw looks at the Earth and gets inflicted with it, and it passes around the whole team. The rocket eventually lands on the Moon, and Golf Ball steps out of it. However, Dora, who has the Twinkle, falls in front of her and transfers it to her. The two teams then look at each other, trying to pass the Twinkle to the other. Due to Taco dropping back down to Earth and getting Bell to look at the Moon, the Twinkle gets off the Moon. Unfortunately for the two teams, the rocket breaks down.
In "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", Dora can be very briefly seen right before A Better Name Than That turns on the signal. If Robot Flower upholds the connection of the rocket's communicator dish to Remote, who has planted a bomb in the connection, she, along with the other contestants on the Moon, will die, so she breaks the connection.
In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", Dora is chosen by her team to run up the 500-step staircase. She stays completely still for a good part of the challenge, leading her team to get irritated at her, but suddenly crouches down, and stays in this position for a little longer. After a while, she begins to glow, and suddenly blasts up the staircase, knocking every single contestant on it off and pressing the buzzer, securing 's safety.
In "What Do You Think of Roleplay?, Dora doesn't do much, but can be seen backing away uneasily at Book losing it.
In "Don't Dig Straight Down", Dora, along with Gaty, Teardrop, Saw, and Lollipop, becomes trapped under lava after Lollipop saves them from being melted with her Fork Repellent (which also repels lava). The team ends up losing after not finding an emerald, and the Fork Repellent runs out, trapping the team underground.
In "The Four is Lava", Dora is trapped underground with the rest of . She helps Saw by putting Saw's handle in her mouth when Saw says that she doesn't want to damage it. Dora is eliminated with 11,109 votes and says her last words:
"An island eater such as myself has always been fated to go hungry. As I starve, trapped in the depths of this number's wretched, squishy body, my final thought will be that of the time I've spent with you all. If only I could stay for just one moment longer, perhaps I would reveal-"
In "The Escape from Four", Dora attempts to escape the EXIT with the other eliminated contestants. She reaches the surface briefly, but gets sucked right back in by Four.
- Main article: Dora/Relationships
|18||9 (to join)|
|1||439 (joined BFDIA)|
|3||130 likes, 347 dislikes (eliminated)|
- Dora is currently the only contestant to have hair.
- Dora is not David's sister; she is his enemy (and vice versa).
- Dora is one of 3 competitors that is not named after the object it is (she is called "Dora" instead of "stick-figure"). The only others like this are David and Loser.
- She is currently the only contestant to speak another real-world language besides English, which is Spanish.
- Before BFB, Dora was voiced by Google Translate (sped-up). In BFB, she speaks Insulavoric.
- She is the only character based on a copyrighted character to join the game.
- Dora has been eliminated at the least amount of dislikes in BFDIA, at just 347.
- Dora is the lowest ranking contestant on Team No-Name.
- Dora is described by Dictionary humorously as "A weird squeaking blob of flesh. They say she speaks "perfect Spanish"...but seriously, who can understand that hideous thing?"
- Dora has 5 favorite screens: a 5-bladed propeller, and the numbers 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- Dora is one of the three contestants who can move without moving their limbs, the others are David and Robot Flower.
- She is one of the five contestants who were eliminated in BFDIA, the others are Donut, Teardrop, Puffball, and Match.
- She is one of the few contestants who aren't listed in the BFB credits, the others are David, Roboty, Teardrop, and Remote.
- Dora is the only contestant in BFDIA who did not die during the season.
- Dora made up a song about eating islands that goes: "Islands, islands! Yum, yum yum! Islands, islands! Chomp. Islands! They are so delish! Gimme islands now! Gimme! Gimme gimme, gimme! Gimme. Islands! Yum! Islands. Glorp. Shlorp! Gobble! Gloop! Gulp! Lala! Islands."
- This is what Dora said in Perfect Spanish when Fries told her to get digging:
- "I am very glad Fries gave me the shovel, and, with it, the ability to dig. I know that if I can dig, I can create islands! And since islands are my only food, creating islands is very important to me. I love islands so much that I have written my very own island song. Would you like to hear it? Never mind - I don't care about your opinion. I'm going to sing it anyway. It goes - 'Islands, islands! Yum, yum yum! Islands, islands! Chomp. Islands! They are so delish! Gimme islands now! Gimme! Gimme gimme, gimme! Gimme. Islands! Yum! Islands. Glorp. Shlorp! Gobble! Gloop! Gulp! Lala! Islands.' So, what did you think? Never mind - I don't care about your opinion. I know that you, being biased against us island-eaters, will say you hate it. But we island-eaters know that all the songs we write are wonderful. My two favorite things in the world are islands and songs. My two least favorite things are you and David. David is not my brother. He is not even related to me. I have tried to kill him plenty of times, but all my attempts have failed miserably. Most of my failures are the result of the horrendous "David Cloner." I forgot to tell you that the David Cloner ranks third on my least favorite list. Anyway, back to islands. I like islands. They are good. So good, I want to sing my song again! 'Islands, islands! Yum, yum yum! Islands, islands! Chomp. Islands! They are so delish! Gimme islands now! Gimme! Gimme gimme, gimme! Gimme. Islands! Yum! Islands. Glorp. Shlorp! Gobble! Gloop! Gulp! Lala! Islands.' "
- This is what Dora said in "Getting Teardrop to Talk":
- "Digging! How novel. If I am to build and produce islands for consumption, acquiring dirt in this jubilant manner seems most appropriate."
- In the same scene, she later sings:
- "♪ Islands, islands! Yum, yum, yum! Islands, islands! Chomp. ♪ ♪ Islands! They are so delish! Gimme islands now! ♪ ♪ Gimme! Gimme, gimme, gimme! Gimme. Islands! Yum! ♪ ♪ Islands. Glorp! Shlorp! Gobble! Gloop! Gulp! Lala! Islands. ♪ ♪ Islands, islands! Yum, yum, yum! Islands, islands! Chomp. ♪ ♪ Islands! Yum. ♪ "
- In "Getting Teardrop to Talk" she is first shown to be immune to lava.
- Dora, Bracelety, 8-Ball, Liy, and Stapy are the only contestants not to survive an elimination so far.
- Out of the contestants who've competed prior to BFB, Dora is the only one who has never survived an elimination.
- Dora speaks without making wrinkles near her mouth. David, on the other hand, does.
- Dora's handwriting involves straight, short lines, as evidenced by 's logo on the buzzer in "Questions Answered".
- Dora also wrote Taco's name in the same episode, as Taco was dead.
- She gave herself a new hairstyle in "Return of the Rocket Ship", possibly referencing the new Dora movie.
- This could have also been a new design to avoid copyright issues when releasing Battle for Dream Island: Official Character Guide.
- Dora and David are the only contestants in EXIT with a permanent change.
- Dora and Saw are the only contestants to have their permanent changes appear in the intro.
Click here to view the gallery.
- ↑ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13dUHjWwflvXt2cuW-oGNV29z6XK3KunzWfHPonZoX0M/edit#gid=1397548773
- ↑ Battle for Dream Island: Official Character Guide
|BFDIA 6: Firey • Tennis Ball • Rocky • Golf Ball • Gelatin • Fries|
| BFDI contestants|