|“||Don't you wanna battle to win a prize?||”|
Four is an integer and the main host as well as one of the three main antagonists (alongside Announcer and Purple Face) of BFB, and the non-canon one-episode series Battle for Permission to Meet 10. Four and their co-host X first appeared in the 2008 video "X Finds Out His Value". They appear to be abstract beings representing real-life numbers, letters, or algebraic variables.
Four exhibits very surreal mannerisms, including being able to deform or mutilate characters, revive them, screech to stun them (killing them on some occasions), eliminate them by sucking them into their body (sending them to the EXIT), and shoot energy beams from their hands.
Four's first appearance in BFB was "Getting Teardrop to Talk", where they lead a game to win a BFDI. In "B.F.B. = Back From Beginning", Four merged into the Desert. They reformed to their original state in "Chapter Complete."
Four makes a brief cameo in "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?".
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and abilities
- 4 Coverage
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Deaths
- 7 Kills
- 8 People screeched
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
- 11 References
- 12 External links
Four is a poorly-drawn Arabic numeral four (the "open" version). They are mainly blue, with their limbs being more lightly-colored. They have white sclera with black pupils. In "The Escape from Four", they are notably drawn much neater compared to the first episode; despite that, they may be drawn sloppily at times.
- Four is drawn smoothly.
- Four has thin lines.
- Four is a darker blue.
- Four is drawn crudely.
- Four has stick limbs, fingers, and feet.
- Four is a tad bit darker blue.
- Four is a little less crudely drawn.
- Four has thick outlines.
- Four is a lighter blue.
- Four's limbs are back to being similar to their XFOHV limbs, just crudely drawn.
- Four merges himself with the Desert, causing some aspects in the desert to change.
- Any cacti in the desert turns blue, also changing its appearances to look like Four. These cacti also protrude some thorns out of them.
- Any sand in the area turns into a dirt with a shade of blue similar to Four's colors.
- In the ending scene, the ground starts breaking after Flower notices how long Four was gone. In BFB 30, this was revealed to be Four warning Flower and Gelatin to leave them alone.
- Four merges with many objects and buildings within the episode.
- Four rises from the Desert as sand and runs away from Profily to the Pillary Ruins as a blue patch on the sand. The Desert is no longer merged with Four.
- Four has blank pupils.
- Four merges with a tree in the Evil Forest before being spotted by Teardrop and continues travelling as a blue strip and patch on the grass.
- The tree turns blue, similar to Four's body color.
- Four's head can be seen with blank pupils.
- Four merges with the Courtroom, before being spotted by Loser and Balloony. They sink into a blue patch of grass, but with their eyeballs still visible.
- The Courtroom turns blue.
- Four's top half of his body is on the roof.
- Four is seen being merged with the grass in front of Yellow Face's Warehouse, before merging with the High Speed Express Train and rides off.
- Four's eyes are still visible when they are still the grass.
- The High Speed Express Train turns into a dirt with a shade of blue similar to Four's colors, with the exception of the red and yellow stripes on the outside of the locomotive. (However, they are still shaded a light blue.)
- Four is seen being merged with the Big Rotating Building, with the spire and observation deck being replaced with Four's head. The BRB is not shaded to resemble Four's colors, however. Four then breaks the bottom half of the BRB and travels to the Sun. Four's eyes and mouth can be seen.
- Four merges with the sun, while their eyes and mouth can be seen.
- The sun turns blue.
- The sun will emit blue light to all the planets.
- Four rises from the Desert as sand and runs away from Profily to the Pillary Ruins as a blue patch on the sand. The Desert is no longer merged with Four.
- Four rises from the sun in their normal form.
Although Four seems to be calm most of the time, they do get angry in "Lick Your Way to Freedom", "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", "Fortunate Ben", and "Four Goes Too Far". Four was well-mannered in "X Finds Out His Value", however, and didn't screech. But in BFB, they have a mysterious, sadistic personality where they use their powers to harm the contestants just for their fun.
In "Fortunate Ben", Four was shown to want a sense of dominance in the show and gets furious if talked back to or has tasks done for them.
When provoked, Four would show no mercy and would even do things such as "dissemble" close friends out of anger, even lacking remorse in the process. In "Four Goes Too Far", Four mistook Nickel's response to calling David and Roboty "the only two non-objects on the team" criticism (which they could not tolerate very well). Four threatens to zap Nickel, with A Better Name Than That's plan being the only thing stopping the attack.
In "Enter the Exit", Four seems to be a lot calmer, friendlier, and humbler, most likely because the contestants revived them. They were noticeably less violent than before. After their return, they didn't screech anyone until "Return of the Rocket Ship", adding onto how friendly they became, but will still not hesitate to zap those who bother them.
"The Escape from Four" shows Four's personality in more depth as well as their possible motivations: they seem to be childish. They act like a control freak because they want everyone to stay with him forever, explaining their narcissism and cruelty when hosting the show. Four throws tantrums when things don't go their way and strongly dislikes being abandoned (possibly due to them losing their playthings) to the point where they cry and refuse to let X console them since they think that X will abandon them too. After the split, Four seems to be nicer to the contestants and shows more personality. Toward the end of the episode, after the split took place and Two took nearly all of the contestants, Taco tells Four that they lost over half of the contestants. Instead of being angry or sad, Four makes light of the situation by saying BFB has "advanced" to its final 14 contestants.
In "Uprooting Everything", when it comes to Purple Face asking if he could be a co-host, Four immediately declines, stating they have a better co-host. Four was down about the last four contestants complimenting X's position and saying they were a "good host" than not recuperating the same to Four.
In "Chapter Complete", it is shown that they have an insecure side. They get worried that no one likes them as a host and that they would be better off without them. However, at the end, they realized the errors of their ways after hearing that the contestants enjoyed their hosting and has changed from a self-arrogant to a kind-hearted individual, who treats the others better from then onwards.
Powers and abilities
- Screechy: Stuns any contestant who's targeted by said screech. It can also generate hearts when Four shows love or excitement towards something, which can fling a contestant as shown with Eraser.
- Zappies: Beams that shoot out of their hands and electrocute anybody who is hit by them, making them lose health. Although Four has to seemingly charge up at times (possibly for a longer duration, constant beam), they can also fire them instantly.
- Advanced-level reality-warping: Four can create objects such as cakes, buttons, pillars, Paper Planes, Buzzer Boxes, soup, orange dye, and jawbreakers out of thin air. Not only can they revive contestants, but they can also revive them in a place other than their hand, as seen in "Lick Your Way to Freedom" when they revived the contestants in giant jawbreakers, which they also created. Also, as seen with the paper planes in "Fortunate Ben", they can likely manipulate the laws of physics.
- Gravity manipulation: Donut, while inhabited by the factor of Four, was able to turn on and off the effects of gravity. This ability can be refined to only affect certain entities, as Donut only manipulated gravity's effects on the Moon.
- Four was able to crush down a planet-sized Black Hole into a significantly less voluminous state and near nullifying Black Hole's normally intense gravity, allowing Black Hole to compete.
- Shape-shifting: As shown in "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", both Four and X can shape-shift, or change their physical appearance. Also, they can change the shape of other characters as well.
- Size manipulation: In "Return of the Rocket Ship", Four grows to an absurd size in response to Pillow's criticism. In "Take the Tower", Four grows to a large size when stopping Blocky and creating the towers. In "The Tweested Temple", Four grows to an extremely large size after Four receives Gelatin's cursed totem and declares he is up for elimination.
- Brain manipulation: In "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", Four displayed the power to augment and transfer the brains/personalities of the contestants into each other; however, instead of going back to their original bodies, the body that the person's mind was in shape-shifted into that mind's original body.
- Perspective violation: Four can violate common 2D perspective laws such as sliding in front of objects on the ground and suddenly switching to behind objects on the ground.
- Incredible volume: Four can raise their voice so that it can even be heard through the far reaches of space.
- Controlling and morphing clouds: They have used this to time contests that require a time limit to show how much time is currently left.
- Earthbending: In "Take the Tower", Four rose their hands up to cause two hills to rise under the team's towers.
- Physical video conversion: In "Chapter Complete", the BFDI was revealed to be BFDI and BFDIA converted into a deep-fried box by Four.
- Warping: Profily is killed in "Chapter Complete" touching a Four cactus. They ascended, warped, and popped.
- Gravity manipulation: Donut, while inhabited by the factor of Four, was able to turn on and off the effects of gravity. This ability can be refined to only affect certain entities, as Donut only manipulated gravity's effects on the Moon.
- Malleability: As seen in "Enter the Exit", "The Four is Lava", and "Take the Tower", Four's body and limbs can stretch to extreme distances and can change shape at will. They can also contract extremely thin in "The Escape from Four".
- Recovery: Four replaces the Recovery Centers from previous seasons by using only their hand to recover contestants and numbers, and also teaches X how to master said ability in "B.F.B. = Back From Beginning".
- Mutilation: Turns any contestant into an abstract version of themselves, killing them. A harp strum plays in the process.
- Elimination: Four replaces the Tiny Loser Chamber and Locker of Losers from previous seasons, by sucking up eliminated contestants or "eating" them. From there, the eliminated contestants are sent to Eternal Algebra Class Withfour (EXIT). EXIT also appears to be an alternate plane of existence, because the contestants probably shrink.
- Inception/Astral projection: Four cannot only enter themself to talk to "exitors", but is also able to still do that when they are already inside themself, as shown when they inserted their arm inside themself again to pick up Leafy in "Get to the Top in 500 Steps". Their arm also appeared to be larger than normal, which suggests that anything that enters shrinks (except Four).
- Super-speed: Four can fly at extreme speeds, as shown in "Enter the Exit". Also, in "Chapter Complete", when they merge with the Big Rotating Building, they can travel from the Earth to the Sun in approximately 12 seconds, flying at a speed of approximately 45,000,000,000 km/h, or 27,900,000,000 mph.
- This means that Four can travel almost 42 times the speed of light.
- Teleportation: He can teleport whenever a "4" has been played shown in "Today's Very Special Episode". They could also teleport others with a snap of their fingers in "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", "A Taste of Space", "Uprooting Everything", and "Chapter Complete".
- Incredible strength: In "Questions Answered", Donut is seen pushing the entire Earth (the Earth's weight is 5.972e+24 kg, or 1.3166e+25 lb) into his camera using only his feet via the factor of Four. This trait also applies to Four's ability to warp reality. Four was also able to stop the FreeSmart Supervan just by putting their hand out, crushing it in the process.
- Dismemberment: This happened off-screen when X interrupted Four, who snapped off X's leg. This is unknown to be a power or not, however, as it wasn't known exactly how Four snapped X's leg.
- Flight: In "Enter the Exit", Four was able to fly over to the Waterfall to eliminate Roboty.
- Regeneration: In "Enter the Exit", when the contestants were recovering Four, they were in a liquidated state up until the point when they were reformed back to normal.
- Fire resistance (external): Four is able to stand on the lava and dig their hands into it as well. They were also able to survive standing on the sun and even merging with it without any issue, as shown in "Chapter Complete".
- Thought manipulation: During the Cake at Stake in "The Four is Lava", Four displayed the ability to create positive thoughts (or happy thoughts) and send them to the safe contestants of . It is unknown if Four has the ability to create other kinds of thoughts at the moment.
- Intelligence: Four can understand Insulavoric (Dora's language), Roboty's Morse code, Teardrop's sign language, and Woody's speech perfectly, even though Insulavoric is supposed to be one of the hardest languages to learn.
- Airbending: As shown in "A Taste of Space", Four can give people air, even in the vacuums of space.
- Brain scanning: As shown in "Who Stole Donut's Diary?", Four shoots a laser (similar style to Zappies) at X's head and receives their thoughts to find out who stole Donut's diary.
- Incredible hearing: As shown in "A Taste of Space" and "Fashion For Your Face!", Four's ears are able to hear from miles away, up to the sun.
- Telekinesis: Just like X, Four can make things float by snapping his fingers, as shown in "The Game Has Changed".
- Despawning: As shown in "The Game Has Changed", Four can "despawn" a contestant by bringing them off-screen which results in them dying. While the method of how they do it is unknown, we see a white glow where they are despawning them. This ability was further explored later on. As shown in "The Tweested Temple", laser gun sounds play when Four despawned X. This ability was revealed and confirmed later on. As shown in "B.F.B. = Back From Beginning", when X despawned Teardrop, it has been revealed that both Four and X have white laser eyes that make a character look black and completely disappear when it hits them.
- Possession: In "Chapter Complete", Four possessed a tree, the courthouse, the High Speed Express Train, the BRB and the sun. When doing so, the things he possesses become blue.
- Assimilation: As shown in "B.F.B. = Back From Beginning", Four was able to merge with the Desert and reshape it closer to their own appearance.
- Factorization: Four will become assimilated if they get multiplied with 0, or anything that simply resembles a 0. If they come into contact with the insides of Donut (zero), they will turn into a liquid until taken out and squirted back into their normal shape.
- Limited stamina/Exhaustion: Four was unable to eliminate and suck in Spongy completely in "The Escape from Four", possibly due to Spongy's massive size.
- Burn tolerance: Four can become incapacitated if they come into contact with fire (presumably from the inside, which is unusual given their resistance to lava), and receives a psychedelic effect. The only known cure is a juice box.
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom"
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"
- "Today's Very Special Episode"
- "Fortunate Ben"
- "Four Goes Too Far"
- "The Liar Ball You Don't Want" (does not speak)
- "Questions Answered" (voice only)
- "This Episode Is About Basketball" (flashback)
- "Enter the Exit"
- "Get to the Top in 500 Steps"
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?"
- "Return of the Rocket Ship"
- "Don't Dig Straight Down"
- "The Four is Lava"
- "The Escape from Four"
- Battle for BFB
- "X Marks the Spot"
- "Take the Tower"
- "How Loe Can You Grow?"
- "A Taste of Space"
- "Let's Raid The Warehouse"
- "Who Stole Donut's Diary?"
- "Fashion For Your Face!"
- "The Game Has Changed"
- "The Tweested Temple"
- "The Hidden Contestant"
- "Uprooting Everything"
- "B.F.B. = Back From Beginning"
- "SOS (Save Our Show)" (flashback, fantasy)
- "Chapter Complete"
- Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
- "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?" (cameo, does not speak coherently)
- Non-canon appearances
- "Thanks for 4 years of Thanks for 4 years!"
- "Happy Birthday, Battle for BFDI!"
- "Thanks for 600,000 subscribers!"
- "Thanks for 700,000 subscribers!"
- "Thanks for 800,000 subscribers!"
- "PUMPKIN 2.0 - BFDI Halloween Shorts"
- "If Among Us Was a BFDI Challenge"
- "We asked TikTok to VOTE the best object - BFDI Mini"
- "Thanks for 900,000 subscribers!
- "TikTok voted on our objects again: BFDI MINI DELUXE"
- "Thanks for 1,000,000 subscribers!"
X Finds Out His Value
Battle for BFDI
Nine years later, Four and X appeared in Battle for BFDI as the hosts in " Getting Teardrop to Talk". Four first appears, grabbing Black Hole as he slowly begins crushing him in his fist, making him smaller. The objects are confused as to what he is, Liy tries squishing him. Four then mutilates Pin to show off what he can do. Four starts screeching the contestants until Dora says something to him that he understands. Pillow suddenly attacks Four but ends up dying in the process. Bell mourns Pin and Pillow being dead until Four shows that he can recover the dead.
Four then asks if the contestants want to play a game, presenting them with a chance to win A BFDI. Everyone unanimously cheers over the prize, so Four has then split into 8 teams of 8. When they are finished, Four tells them the first contest, which is to get X's baskets back to him. iance loses the contest and Four tells the viewers about the new form of voting with square brackets.
In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", Four begins Cake at Stake for iance and sucks Pencil up when she receives the most votes. Afterward, Four ends up crowded by contestants who want their dead teammates back. He angrily states that he'll recover only one person, who ends up being Tennis Ball. The contestants are still angry, so Four shouts that the contest is freeing their dead friends from jawbreakers. Once seven teams are safe, Four tells Beep that voters aren't safe, tricking them before saying they aren't safe.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", Four is hit by forks thrown by Gelatin and uses the Zappies on him, not completely killing, however, as X interrupts to him to start the intro. Four does so reluctantly. Four does "Brake at Flake" with Beep, giving Earths as cakes. Balloony reveals that he somehow knows about Eternal Algebra Class Withfour, which makes Four suspicious. Leafy ends up eliminated so Four sucks her up. Just as Four is about to announce the third contest, X arrives saying he's back. Four tells him nobody noticed he was gone, making X cry. Four then tells the contestants to get on their team swings and swing in circles 50 times to win. Team Ice Cube! loses the contest.
In "Today's Very Special Episode", Four asks Donut where his team is when he's the only one who showed up for Cake at Stake. Because Bracelety falls on Four's mouth, X hosts the Cake at Stake. Bracelety is eliminated so Four sucks her in through his mouth. Because it is the 4th episode, Four has the challenge be to make over him. Meanwhile, Death P.A.C.T. spends most of the challenge trying to keep forks from hitting Four, in order to avoid getting zapped. Four ranks Pen's drawing as the worst and has his team lose.
In "Fortunate Ben", Four has Death P.A.C.T. assemble for Cake at Stake. Liy ends up getting eliminated, but not before X shouts "Hi Pie, bye Liy", making Four angry enough to rip X's limbs off offscreen. Four is then shown screeching Lollipop and telling Book that X went to the Limb Reattachment Center. Four announces the contest, which is to avoid being the first team to have their plane hit the ground.
In "Four Goes Too Far", Four starts the episode by screeching Yellow Face, killing Foldy, and zapping Stapy. This gets the attention of A Better Name Than That, who decides something needs to be done about Four. Before Four can say who is eliminated, Nickel asks him a question that Four takes as criticism, and begins charging his hand to zap him. Four ends up getting multiplied by A Better Name Than That and Zero, which makes him disappear.
In "Questions Answered", a recording of Four's screech is played on an audio recording.
In "Enter the Exit", Four's liquefied body is revealed to have been inside of Donut's body, which is sucked out through a syringe by Firey. Pin manages to squirt him out perfectly and is recovered. Four then gives her a token of gratitude. With Four back, he is able to revive the dead contestants and suck up the ones who were eliminated while he was gone, along with killing Clock offscreen. Four later shows up in the EXIT and asks Leafy why Pencil is acting strangely and reveals that numbers/mathematical characters don't have genders. Four then goes on to announce that a contestant will rejoin.
In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", Four hosts the first rejoin. Leafy gets the most votes, so Four stick his hand into the EXIT to grab her. He then places Leafy on The Losers!, in exchange for her gratitude token. Four then announces the 11th contest, after being reminded by X that there isn't a 10th contest. He gives the team's time to pick their runners and then starts the challenge. Four later recovers Pie so that she can continue running for her team.
In "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", Four and X switch bodies to fool the contestants. However, the contestants notice that they're acting differently, and their cover is blown when X recovers Bubble. Four then announces the contest.
In "Return of the Rocket Ship", Four reluctantly allows Ice Cube to watch Cake at Stake and tells the viewers to recommend a character. Four then proceeds with the Cake at Stake for Team Ice Cube. Later, Four and X are shown standing still for a while until X bursts through the ground. After eating Pillow, Four says the contest is to find X's treasure before X does. Four later eats the rest of Death P.A.C.T after Pen says that 5 is greater than 4.
In "Don't Dig Straight Down", Four allows Free Food to turn in fake emeralds in order to be safe. He also allows multiple teams to turn in the same emerald that A Better Name Than That found first. Four isn't seen again until the ending, riding on Spongy's ship in space after Woody fell into his eyeball.
In "The Four is Lava", Four gathers together for Cake at Stake. Four makes the contest a race for all of the still alive contestants to make their way to him. In the process, Four recovers some of the dead contestants from the teams who win. The lava that took up all of the ground is reduced to a small puddle after it drains through Golf Ball's Underground Factory and exits through his eye. Which also frees Woody. At the end of the episode, Four finally recovers Clock.
In "The Escape from Four", Four recovers all of the remaining dead contestants and starts Cake at Stake for Team Ice Cube. Spongy ends up being eliminated, so Four attempts to suck him up. Spongy's body is too big however, so Four is only able to suck him halfway, and begins to struggle with getting the rest of him. The contestants take notice of Four struggling with something and line up to watch. Some of the eliminated contestants suddenly pop out from Spongy's holes, with Loser escaping completely. Four is angry to see this and begins sucking them back in, while at the same time, the contestants pull on Spongy too free the Exitors. Four manages to pull the Exitors back in, but becomes incapacitated after coming in contact with Firey Jr's fire, allowing the contestants to pull Spongy free. Once Four gets his bearings, he chases Spongy and Loser to send them back to the EXIT. Out of no where, Two lands from the sky, interrupting Four's chase, and begins to convince the contestants to quit Four's show for his instead. Four attempts to get the contestants to come back with a brand new prize called A BFB, but this only causes him to lose even more contestants on his show. Four gets increasingly more upset to the point where he tells X to go to Two's show, feeling X was gonna leave him anyway. Four ends up with only 14 contestants remaining on BFB, and he and his crew get zapped by Two to an area Elsewhere on Earth.
Battle for BFB
In "X Marks the Spot", Four gets angry at Lollipop and Balloony for doing high-fives instead of high-fours. Balloony points out how he only has one hand, so Four forcefully pulls out four fingers from Balloony's hand. Taco tries to get Four to explain what's happening with the competition, but Four becomes too upset to continue the show since X isn't with him. Four asks if any of the contestants want to help him get X back, but they all refuse. Four manages to change their minds when be brings back the original BFDI as a prize. Four then splits the contestants into two teams and makes the challenge to retrieve X. The X Colored Team end up winning the contest since X marked the spot Loser left. At the end of the episode, Four hugs X, happy to have him back.
In "Take the Tower", Four tells Flower that it's elimination time, Flower responds with telling Four that she isn't in the team that's up for elimination. During Cake at Stake, Four shames the Four Colored Team for disappointing his color by losing. Four explains how the contestant with the least votes is going to be eliminated. Lollipop gets confused because she thought that the contestant with the highest votes will lose. Four screeches at Lollipop, incapacitating and stunning her. X gets mad at Four because Four promised to never screech again, Four apologizes and pats Lollipop. Balloony encourages Four to give more comforting pats, as she isn't waking up. Four gives too many comforting pats, shattering Lollipop's head and killing her.
Four then announces that X is going to read the votes. Balloony gets eliminated and asks to be sucked up by Four. Four tells Balloony that there are no more empty spots in the EXIT and says that he'll be going to BRB. Four recovers Lollipop and Bubble. Bubble, seeing that her friend Balloony is being sent to the BRB, makes a tower to catch Balloony. Four attempts to stop this by telling Lollipop to stop her. Lollipop rejects Four's commands, saying that Bubble is her teammate. Blocky volunteers to take down Bubble, but Four catches him and says that they shouldn't fight unless it's during a competition. Four then makes a tower for the Four Colored Team and raises both towers on hills. Four explains that the contest is to knock down the other team's tower. At the end of the episode, X and Four determine which team won and is up for elimination based on the status of the towers. Along with also giving the team's their official names.
In "How Loe Can You Grow?", Four stops the FreeSmart SuperVan, claiming that it has driven over X's Aloe Vera plants 73 times. Four and X announce to the contestants that they need to respect X's Aloe Vera plants more, Firey agrees and reminds them to do Cake at Stake. Four then does Cake at Stake with the Have Nots, where Spongy gets eliminated and sent to the BRB. Four wants to help X, so Four makes "improving the sun" the contest. Four also explains that there are points, the team that has the most points wins the contest.
Ruby uses herself as a lens to make X's Aloe Vera plants grow, Gelatin tells Teardrop to tell Four. Teardrop runs to Four and tells him what is happening using Teardrop Sign Language, which Four understands perfectly(?), and quickly runs to the scene, Four then gives 1 point to the have cots for improving X's Aloe Vera plants, but Ruby accidentally lights one of the plants on fire, causing Four to give the Have Cots -2 points.
The Have Nots uses Spongy's Spaceship to shoot a laser at the sun, causing it to become brighter. Four notices the effect it had on X's Aloe Vera plants and gives the Have Nots 5 points, then Four notices that X is burning, Four gives the contestants ice buckets, which they use to cool the sun next episode. Four proclaims that X's Aloe Vera plants are taller than him, and announces that the contest has ended with the Have Nots' winning. In the stinger, X tells Four that all of their problems are not solved, Four then tells X that their problems would be solved in next month's challenge.
In "A Taste of Space", Four proclaims that the Have Cots' tablet has been hacked. Four then distributes air as cake for Cake at Stake through video call, in which Ruby gets eliminated, Four rejects Ruby's plea to stay in the game please please, then sends her to the BRB. Four asks where all the contestants are, with X responding that they are either in space or dead. Recovers Flower, Loser, Taco, Blocky, and Woody. Four then asks X what the contest of the episode would be, X tells Four to help them get colder, Four announces that the contest is to make the Sun colder. Four sarcastically asks if the Have Nots enjoyed their last journey to space. Blocky tells a joke to Four, which Four responds with mutilating Blocky and reviving him. In the middle of the contest, Blocky complains to Four that they're gaining and losing points for no reason, then Four gives 6 points to Blocky for being a fly guy. Four also proclaims that Lollipop's strategy of spitting on the earth to cool it down is gross. Four then give Gelatin, Woody, and other contestants minus points.
Four announces that time is up and that the Have Cots have minus 90 million points, and the Have Nots have minus 100 million points. Leafy then pours a bucket of ice onto X, ending X's painful ordeal, Four congratulates the Have Cots for saving X from burning and announces that they have won the contest. In the stinger, Four tells X that they have done a magnificent job at making a garden, the camera then shows Flower in a pot.
In "Let's Raid The Warehouse", Four announces that it's time for Cake at Stake for the Have Nots, in which Loser gets eliminated. Four proclaims that BFB is in it's final 10. Four also announces that the contest is to steal products from the Yellow Face's Warehouse, then give the gifts to the gift receivers of their own team. Four tells the buyer contestants that they have to ride a high-speed express train, Four then tells the gift receivers to wait on a bench. After the buyers have done their "buying", they go back to Four. Four welcomes back the buyers and then gets mad at X for showing off their satisfaction detector. After counting the ratings, Four announces that Have Cots' satisfaction rating adds up to 11 points, and the Have Nots' satisfaction rating adds up to 10, and are still waiting on their final gift for Woody. Woody hated his gift and gave a 0/10. Four ends the contest announcing that the Have Cots have won.
In "Who Stole Donut's Diary?", Four assigns the Have Nots to protect Donut's Diary so it doesn't get stolen or disappear. When Four came back, Donut's Diary has been is missing. Four and X break up Flower's pot to use as cake for Cake at Stake with the Have Nots, in which Four sings the elimination song, goes to the BRB, and then sends Taco to the BRB. Four then lowers X's garden to a courtroom. Four announces that the challenge is the court case to find who stole the diary, where Four is the judge, the Have Cots are the jury, and the Have Nots are the defendants. Four is interrogated by Bubble and gets angry when she doubts his story and pops her. Four translates Woody's statements into English. Four gets mad at Lolipop and Gelatin for doing the newbie alliance handshake in a courtroom, and tells Leafy to continue. Leafy calls Four "Fourner", which doesn't get a reaction out of Four at first. After Firey is done with his story, Leafy requests Four to let her talk to Firey in private. Four accepts the request, in the condition that Leafy calls him "Fourner" again. In the middle of the court case, a Grape shows up and tells their story, before the Grape could finish, Four unmasks Blocky in a grape costume. X tells Four that he found out who stole the diary, Four then scans X mind.
Four exclaims that the contest has to end before the true owner of the courtroom finds out they're there. The Have Cots settle on Leafy and Four tells them that's wrong, which means they lose. X takes Donut's Diary and gives it back to Four. Four rips up the diary and distributes it to the Have Nots. In the stinger, Four punishes Firey for stealing Donut's Diary by commanding Firey to clean the whole railway of the high-speed express train.
In "Fashion For Your Face!", Four appears in this episode in a jail. He claims that he has been jailed for trespassing into a courtroom that he didn't own. Four announces that the contest is getting him out of jail. In the middle of the contest, the Have Cots are eaten by Purple Face. Teardrop makes a plan, and kills Gelatin because he screams the loudest. Four hears Gelatin being dissolved to death and recovers him inside of the jail. Gelatin opens the bars, which are made using cardboard tubes and covered with metal paint. Four is grateful to Gelatin for freeing him and flies off, ending the contest with the Have Cots winning, and the Have Nots losing.
In "The Game Has Changed", Four is gone for the first bit of the episode due to still flying. When he comes back, he asks Gelatin where everyone is. When TD throws Gelatin into the bush and the Have Nots are exposed, Four asks why they were hiding from him. Blocky tells Four about Purple Face doing Cake at Stake, which makes Four really mad at Purple Face. He beams Blocky up to the BRB and "despawns" Purple Face offscreen. Purple Face is then recovered and Four starts to announce the merge before X interrupts and does it for him, making Four mad again. Purple Face mocks Four and is "despawned" again. Afterwards, Four makes the challenge to throw him a party. Four is agitated every time a contestant makes a party that is not about him. Lollipop's party was the best, so Four gives her permission to choose a contestant to win immunity. After Lollipop chooses Gelatin, Four says who's up for elimination.
In "The Tweested Temple", Four announces Cake at Stake, only to get slapped by Gelatin, telling him it's supposed to be "Brake at Flake". Four then questions if he just got slapped by Gelatin's arm while at the same time insulting it. During Cake at Stake, Four uses the Ferris wheel stand dispenser to drop either water or lava on the safe contestants. For the challenge, Four is told by a whisper (X), that there are 6 totems in the temple, 2 are harmless, but 4 are cursed. Four briefly despawns X for saying 4 is cursed, and announces that the contest is to bring back a harmless totem. Gelatin arrives back with a cursed totem filled with vomit so Four puts him up for elimination. Woody and Leafy are kicked out of the temple with Purple Face totems, so Four puts them both up for elimination. Lollipop and Teardrop come out next, Teardrop with the blessed totem, and Lollipop with the cursed. Flower is the last one to come out and she brings back a rock. Four angrily points out that there are a bunch of the same rocks surrounding the temple and questions why she took 73 days to come out. But because the rock technically isn't cursed, he allows her to have immunity.
In "The Hidden Contestant", Four is first seen asking Lollipop what she thinks of his scribble. She says it looks bad so Four wipes it off his face. Four hosts the Cake at Stake using Carrot Cakes that come to life when thrown at a cursed contestant. After eliminating Woody, Four announces that they're down to the final 5, when Profily suddenly appears, claiming it's the final 6. They claim they are contestant in the game. Four does not believe them and neither do the rest of the final 5. Profily attempts to convince everyone that they were there all along by showing flashbacks of past episodes where Profily was present. Four asks why he doesn't remember them, and Profily refers to as their old chum and claims they're in the intro.
Four eventually lets them on the show, bringing them back to the final 6. However, when Four tries to announce the next challenge, Profily interrupts him twice, making Four want to immediately find a way to get rid of them. After discussing with X, Four makes up challenges to make Profily lose, but Profily does them with ease, angering him. Four decides to eliminate Profily due to being annoying, placing them 6th. The final 5 object to this and Leafy suggests that they throw Profily a party. This angers Four as they have never gone out of their way to do anything for him, but are willing to throw a party for someone they just meant. As a result, Four makes the challenge to eliminate Profily by bringing them to the BRB. During the challenge, Four kicks Flower and Lollipop to the sun when Flower asks him to. At the end of the challenge, Four announces that Leafy is safe while the rest are up for elimination. In the stinger ending, Four is approached by Rusty Coin, Steamy, and Clip, who all want to join the game, but Four finds them too weird. Flower points out to Four that there are too many characters interrupting the game in The Pillary Ruins. Four agrees and decides to drive everyone off to a new location in a bus.
In "Uprooting Everything", after 5 weeks of driving, Purple Face asks Four to tell let him on the bus due to The Desert's sweltering heat. Four refuses and says he's tired of Purple Face constantly interfering when he isn't supposed to. Purple Face proposes that he could be a co-host but Four turns down the idea. X however likes the idea, and makes Purple Face his "co-co-host". Four protests but Purple Face tricks Four into changing his mind with reverse psychology. Four then assigns him to blow the bugs off the roof. Lollipop is eliminated, so Four has her point to where the BRB is and snaps her away. Four also says that they're thinking of getting into stand-up and drives into the World's Largest Oven. Four explains that X's magic is keeping the contestants at room temperature and warns them that they can still die if they touch the walls. Leafy then starts complimenting X for being a good, caring host, making Four jealous. Because the contestants act too negative about visiting the oven, Four makes the challenge to escape it. Purple Face requests Four to take the hosts out, but he only teleports himself and X. At the end of the challenge, Four announces that Teardrop has immunity, while Gelatin, Leafy, and Flower are up for elimination. In the stinger, Four tries out his stand-up routine with the contestants, only for Gelatin to boo his attempts at jokes.
In "B.F.B. = Back From Beginning", he is with X encouraging him to recover Purple Face. X asks if Four can do the recovering, but Four tells him that if he wants Purple Face, he is going to have to recover him by themself. Later, the contestants encounter the Announcer box, host of BFDI. Four tells the Announcer what an 'amazing' job he has done with the show, but then the Announcer points out many things they have done wrong (like the split, X leaving the courtroom.) Four gets upset with the Announcer when he tries hosting Cake at Stake and tries to throw him away, but he's flung right back by Slingshot. He asks X for advice, but all of his attempts fail. Four still argues that the show is his and that the contestants have grown attached to him, only to be proven wrong when they all prefer the Announcer. He then says he will be a 'constant presence' and merges into the ground. The cacti become 4 shaped and the ground is blue. Gelatin eats some of the blue dirt and seems to feel very ill as a result. For the rest of the episode, Four seems to just be the ground with no real interactions with the contestants like when he merged with Donut. The stinger ending shows X calling out to Four and asking if he is coming back. However, there is no response.
In "SOS (Save Our Show)", Four appears in a made-up scenario where Two didn't appear and the show continued as normal. After failing to catch Loser and Spongy, he decides to just let them rejoin the game. However, this results in him still losing 40 contestants due to his bad hosting. In the stinger ending, Flower and Gelatin are talking about Four and wonder if he is coming back. In response, one of the four-shaped cacti moves, the ground shakes, and a big crack appears in the ground.
In "Chapter Complete", Four creates a pocket reality in their mind where they recreate the eliminated contestants who were in the EXIT. Making it so that they all adore and compete for him. After hearing voices from outside, he forms a face in the desert, telling everyone to leave him alone. Later, Four continues on with his imaginary season, Pencil and Bracelety are the finalists, with the former winning. After hearing another voice telling him to wake up, Four starts to come to terms with the fact that his reality is fake. The imaginary contestants become increasingly more spiteful and critical towards Four, so he snaps them out of existence and exits his mind, emerging from the sand next to Profily. Four figures the best thing for him is to live alone in solitude and heads towards the Pillary Ruins to do so. He finally leaves the desert and heads off. Several contestants, including finalist Gelatin and co-host X, follow him. Along the way, bumping into Four as a tree, a train, to help get away faster, and the courthouse. At one point during the journey, X tells the contestants that Four was obsessed with BFDI. So much so that he wanted to be on the show and created the BFDI prize.
Everyone eventually finds Four merged with the BRB and they proceed to climb it. Four is frustrated with everyone for not listening no matter how many times he's told them to leave him alone, so he detaches the BRB and flies it to the sun, which he merges with. Four asks why they won't just move on without him, so Gelatin answers that it's because they're angry, angry with how Four came to them to compete, while proceeding to abuse and hurt them whenever he had the chance. Four admits that he's right. Everyone then tells Four that inspite of that, they all still appreciate them as a host and had fun during the season. This convinces Four to return to normal and reunite with X. Four snaps everyone back to the desert, where he finally makes amends with Announcer and thanks Purple Face for helping when the show was about to be cancelled. Four is then thrown a party by Profily, which everyone celebrates together. In an epilogue scene, Four is seen planning another season with Purple Face, Announcer, and X.
Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
In "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?", Four appears briefly in the stinger when part of his body becomes lopsided after Stapy knocks down the stack of items the EXITors used when they attempted to escape. He also appears in a flashback played on TV in the beginning.
- Main article: Four/Relationships
- "If Among Us Was a BFDI Challenge": Sucked into Black Hole.
Total kills: 16
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Basketball||1||"The Escape from Four"|
|Black Hole||1||"Fortunate Ben"|
|Blocky||1||"A Taste of Space"|
|Bubble||1||"Who Stole Donut's Diary?"|
|Clock||1||"Enter the Exit"|
|Foldy||1||"Four Goes Too Far"|
|Lollipop||1||"Take the Tower"|
|Pillow||1||"Getting Teardrop to Talk"|
|Pin||1||"Getting Teardrop to Talk"|
|Profily||1||"Chapter Complete" (indirectly)|
|Purple Face||2||"The Game Has Changed"|
|Woody||1||"The Tweested Temple"|
|X||2||"The Tweested Temple"|
"The Hidden Contestant"
- "X Finds Out His Value": Causes an Eight to lose its face and limbs when applying it to a math problem and later removing it when Three was subtracted from it. (debatable)
- "Blocky Prank Compilation - Battle for Dream Island": Recovers Ruby into a gem grinder four times.
- "Eraser swings. Eraser MISSES!": Zaps Naily for piercing his jar of jam. (debatable)
- Main article: Screechy
Total screeches: 16
|Character||Number of times screeched||Episodes|
|Donut||2 (1 indirect)||"Getting Teardrop to Talk", "Questions Answered"|
|Taco||1||"Getting Teardrop to Talk"|
|X||3||"Getting Teardrop to Talk" (twice), "Today's Very Special Episode"|
|Tree||3||"Getting Teardrop to Talk", "Fortunate Ben", "Return of the Rocket Ship"|
|Clock||3 (1 partially)||"Getting Teardrop to Talk", "Lick Your Way to Freedom", "Enter the Exit"|
|Lollipop||3||"Getting Teardrop to Talk", "Fortunate Ben", "Take the Tower"|
|Woody||1||"Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"|
|Bracelety||1||"Today's Very Special Episode"|
|Match||1||"Thanks for 4 years of Thanks for 4 years!"|
|Pen||2||"Fortunate Ben", "Return of the Rocket Ship"|
|Yellow Face||1||"Four Goes Too Far"|
|Saw||1 (indirectly, no effect)||"Questions Answered"|
|8-Ball||1||"Enter the Exit"|
|Pillow||2 (eaten)||"Return of the Rocket Ship" , "Getting Teardrop to Talk"|
|Pie||1||"Return of the Rocket Ship"|
|Remote||1||"Return of the Rocket Ship"|
|Bottle||1||"Return of the Rocket Ship"|
|Black Hole||1||"Return of the Rocket Ship"|
- His favorite holiday is Halloween, as stated in "The Game Has Changed".
- Originally, he was planned to be a giant spider.
- He has the ability to translate Woody, as shown in "Who Stole Donut's Diary?" and "The Game Has Changed".
- He appears in the HTwins.net game Tidepool, as a level 23 creature in the "Classic" character set.
- Cary described Four as a "weird alien creature who doesn't know how to communicate" in his reaction video. If he is an alien, this could explain his strange powers, general behavioral quirks, different eye and limb assets, and his screeching.
- Another implication that he is an alien was shown in "Enter the Exit", in which he says "We don't have that [gender] where I'm from", indicating that he's from another planet or universe.
- Four seems to be omnipotent. However, being omnipotent doesn't grant him the ability to give good solutions to the problems which he is faced with all of the time.
- In the first three episodes, Four starts the intro by raising his right arm in a fist, then the contestants assume the pose when the intro starts.
- Four can talk with his eyes, as shown in "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset".
- Four seems to hate the closed-form of four. (4)
- If Four were to be multiplied by zero, or anything that resembles a zero (like Donut), he would teleport into the zero he was multiplied by.
- This was foreshadowed after Donut was multiplied by Four, he states that he had obtained the "factor of Four" within him, granting him some of the powers Four has. Also, when Four was recovered by Pin and Firey, they had to extract Four from the inside of Donut using a syringe before squeezing him into a four shape.
- When Four screeched at Tree in "Fortunate Ben", the screech was the original audio clip in reverse.
- Despite being absent in "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", "Questions Answered", and "This Episode Is About Basketball" until his recovery, Four's likeness still makes indirect appearances in each episode. Respectively, in a cameo in a made up scenario from Blocky, his screeching that was recorded by Donut, and in a flashback.
- Four tends to misname "A Better Name Than That" as "Another Name Than That", as heard in "Today's Very Special Episode", "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", and "What Do You Think of Roleplay?".
- Four and X seem to have no gender because they don't have genders in the world they came from.
- This may imply that the other characters from XFOHV have no genders either.
- Four was voted as the most liked character in "Return of the Rocket Ship".
- Fittingly, Four's voice is four semitones higher than the original voice clip of their voice.
- His color and shape are similar to that of the character of the same name from the show Numberjacks.
- On TikTok, jacknjellify said that Four screeches when experiencing intense emotion.
- In "BFDIA 1 Re-Animated By 95 People! - (Fan-Made)", Dora's favorite screen of the number four was re-stylized to look like Four.
- "The Hidden Contestant" shows that Four can recover other dead Math Symbols from his hand.
- In "Uprooting Everything", Four says that he inherited BFDI, but in "SOS (Save Our Show)", this appears to be false, as Announcer had stated that Four had "stolen [his] show", implying that Four did not have permission from Announcer to start a new season.
- In "Chapter Complete", when the BFB completed "recording" the footage of this season, it deep fries and became an image, like the BFDI. It had an image of Four's infobox from this page on the Battle for Dream Island Wiki.
- During the time in his mind in "Chapter Complete", Four reveals that he's aware:
- That Bracelety loves Ice Cube.
- That Pencil could care less for Ice Cube.
- That 8-Ball doesn't have a favorite number and often brings this up unprompted.
- That his treatment towards the contestants is cruel and mean, and may have played a part in why they don't like him.
- That he can be over possessive.
- In "Chapter Complete", when Clock asks Two if they're more powerful than Four, and to do something about Four being the sun, Two replies with "I don't know where you heard that from, but I'd rather stay out of this.". This implies that Four is more powerful than Two, or they are on the same power level.
Click here to view the gallery.
|Announcer • Flower Speaker Box • Firey Speaker Box • Puffball Speaker Box • TV • Four • X • Two • Purple Face • Donut • Snowball • HelloKevin|
|Integers: Zero • One • Two • Three • Four • Five • Six • Seven • Eight • Nine • Ten • Fourteen • One Million
Fractions: One-Half • One-Third • One-Quarter • Three-Quarters
|Interactions with||Everyone, X, Donut|
|Locations||Eternal Algebra Class Withfour, The Fourest|
|Others||Screechy, Zappies, Mutilation, Anti-Flying Button|