|“||Well, then it's obvious what our team should be. FreeSmart!||”|
— Pencil, "Get in the Van"
FreeSmart is one of three teams that competed in Battle for Dream Island Again. It was created in "Get in the Van" in response to a demand from Golf Ball, which was to promise to stay with her team. The original members, all from Pencil's Alliance (including alternates), refused and opted to secede from Team No-Name and create a team on their own.
After Ice Cube suggested they should be called "Revenge" and Ruby suggested "Poopy Mayonnaise", Book reminded them they formed the team to gain freedom and suggested that as the name of the team. Pencil objected against the "Freedom" name, saying that the second syllable suggested that the members of the team were dumb ("Freedumb"). She suggested "FreeSmart" instead. This all-girl team currently features the fewest number of official members at 4, however, Match and Bubble are contributing members of the team. Pencil is the team leader.
Match was "eliminated" prior to the team's formation, at Episode 5a's Cake at Stake. However, she escaped being launched to the TLC by using an elimination escaping device (a rope tied by Pencil). She assisted the team throughout the various parts of Episode 5. Unfortunately, following the team's victory in Episode 5e, the Firey Speaker Box discovered that she was not sent to the TLC after elimination, a fault that was swiftly remedied.
Bubble is not an official contestant in BFDIA, due to not being present during selection. Despite this, Bubble is often spotted assisting her alliance-mates in challenges, with the Speaker Boxes attempting to halt her efforts whenever they can, due to her non-contestant status. At the end of Episode 5e, she was thrown somewhere by a Sender Scoop Thrower. It is not known where she landed. However, in "Welcome Back", Bubble is seen along with the other FreeSmarters.
FreeSmart's leadership mirrors the leadership in Pencil's Alliance, with Pencil being the leader and the alternates being the lowest. This hierarchy hasn't been questioned or argued against, mainly due to said alternates being too gutless to fight back.
|Name||Gender||Icon||Placement||Episode voted off||Number of dislikes at point of elimination|
|Female||19th||"Get in the Van", unofficially participated until "The Long-lost Yoyle City"||426 dislikes|
|Female||N/A (disqualified in 5e for not being an official BFDIA contestant, she was not eliminated.)||N/A||N/A (not an "official" BFDIA contestant)|
Although they only competed in one episode, FreeSmart appears to have access to lots of cutting-edge equipment that gives the members a relatively easy time, namely the FreeSmart Van and SuperVan. They also seem to abuse the mechanics of the Recovery Centers.
In "Get in the Van", Pencil refuses to promise that she'll stay on Golf Ball's team. Ruby, Book, and Ice Cube all refuse to promise as well and the four break off from Team-No Name to form their own team with Match and Bubble. Firey Speaker Box almost catches Match and Bubble but they pretend to be trees, avoiding any suspicion. For the challenge, they use the FreeSmart Van to drive to Yoyleland, and take the HPRC with them. As they drive up to the Evil Canyon, everyone jumps to better their chances of having the van drive across it. They manage to reach the other side successfully, but get eaten by Evil Leafy.
In "BFDIA 5b", the FreeSmarters work together to escape Evil Leafy.
In "No More Snow!", the team is just about escape Evil Leafy. Ruby volunteers to push the button that will free them, popping Bubble in the process. Pencil repeatedly tells Ruby to press the red button, but she keeps pressing the other buttons that appear around it, which blow up Match and Ice Cube and trap the others. However, hitting the red button only causes a laser to vaporize Pencil to death. Book tells Ruby to hit the purple button and the two are finally freed from Evil Leafy, and are also immediately forced to run away from her. They climb a tree to get away and Book cuts down a weight that kills Evil Leafy (along with Fries and Puffball). Later, the W.O.A.H. Bunch team meets up with Book and Ruby, and the Firey Speaker Box tasks all of them to crank an HPHPRCC to create a new HPRC. Match and Ice Cube are also revealed to be okay in the stinger, though Match ends up killing Ice Cube in order to put out the fire on her head.
In "It's a Monster", everyone, except Match, spends the next 70 or so days cranking the HPHPRCC. Afterwards, they recover their dead teammates and continue their journey to Yoyleland in the new and improved FreeSmart SuperVan. Along the way, Pencil drives the van into the Goiky Canal, forcing everyone to hold their breathe until they die, while the still living members recover them.
In "The Long-lost Yoyle City", they drive out of the Goiky Canal and finally arrive in Yoyleland. After driving through Yoyle City, everyone gets out to continue on foot. Ruby suggests bringing the HPRC, but gets it permanently stuck in some glue. Pencil then gets caught in a Fish Monster's tongue, so everyone saws her in half so they can recover her. Team No-Name starts to catch up, but Pencil freezes them all. They then climb a mountain for several days and reach what they believe to be the summit of Yoyle Mountain, which Firey Speaker Box reveals to be actually way higher up. To slow Team No-Name down, Pencil kills Rocky by kicking him into the Fish Monster's mouth, delaying their team. FreeSmart then climbs to the top and places first. Firey Speaker Box is there to meet them and realizes that Match has been outside of the TLC for some time and immediately takes care of that. He also flings Bubble elsewhere since she's not an official contestant.
- This team stars in the "BFDIA 5b" game.
- FreeSmart has the lowest amount of original members among the three BFDIA teams.
- FreeSmart has the record for competing in the least amount of challenges, with only one challenge.
- Because of this and their 1st place win in "The Long-lost Yoyle City"; FreeSmart is the only team to never have lost a challenge or have been up for elimination during its existence.
- FreeSmart's members are the only ones that haven't been frozen (not counting eliminated contestants).
- FreeSmart is the 6th team to be created in the BFDI series.
- Because Match got eliminated before the team formed, FreeSmart is the first and only team that Pencil competes on without her.
- FreeSmart is the first team to have only females. is the second.
- The members of this team had their BFB voting icons revealed before the rest of the contestants, as seen in "Getting Teardrop to Talk" when Pencil demotes Bubble.
- FreeSmart is the first team to have the word "Free" in its name, with the second being Free Food.
- Bubble was the highest ranking member of FreeSmart in BFB, having placed 10th. If non-competitors didn't count, though, then Ruby would be the highest ranking member, placing 13th.
- Ice Cube is the only armless member of FreeSmart.
- Counting alternates, FreeSmart is the first team to consist of only alliance members, with Newbie Alliance being the second.
- Coincidentally, both teams had one original alliance member who got eliminated before becoming a part of the team, those being Match and Lollipop.
Click here to view the gallery.
|Current: Book • Ice Cube • Pencil • Ruby|