|“||There isn't enough room up here!||”|
— Gelatin, on multiple occasions
Gelatin appears to be lime-flavored gelatin. His main body is jade and his bottom lighting is spring green.
- Gelatin is dark green.
- Gelatin is a tall gelatin shape.
- Gelatin has thick dark green outlines.
- Gelatin loses his arms.
- Gelatin is badly drawn.
- Gelatin gets a black outline.
- Gelatin is a lighter shade of green.
- Gelatin’s shape is shorter and stubbier.
- Gelatin has a white shading on the top.
- Gelatin regains his arms.
- Gelatin's asset is more refined.
- Gelatin has a dark green outline.
- Gelatin's outline is slightly darker.
In BFDIA, Gelatin has a very laid back personality as he is calmer than most contestants when handling situations. He is presumed to have made the freeze juice and the anti-poison, which indicates that he is well-read on chemistry. His concern for others varies, as while he saved Match from being squashed by the HPRC in "Zeeky Boogy Doog", in "Get Digging" and "Get in the Van" he threw his own teammates off Puffball because of his claustrophobia.
In BFB, he retains his laid back personality, but he's more reckless and inconsiderate than he was in BFDIA, supported by the fact that he kept throwing forks at Death P.A.C.T. (but he stopped doing that since BFB 4) and suggesting to kill Bomby to their advantage.
He's also a bit more impulsive and childish, especially towards Donut. He doesn't think twice about doing something unless he is told not to. An example of this is, once again, him repeatedly trying to use Bomby's explosive properties to win until being told otherwise, despite the fact that this would result in the latter's death. In BFB 16, when he did not get a speck of dust, he started crying.
Official Character Guide biography
Raise your hand if you like green gelatin. Gelatin is a cool dude, and it's not because you have to put gelatin in a fridge. He's a goofball who does things because he thinks they are amusing. He doesn't seem to have a conscience, although he doesn't have a desire to do bad things, either. For example, he enjoys throwing forks and doesn't care where they land! Still, when others ask him for help, Gelatin always finds a way.
Did You Know?: Gelatin is claustrophobic. He doesn't like tight spaces. This gives him a reason for pushing people off.
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- "Welcome Back" (does not speak)
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom" (does not speak)
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"
- "Today's Very Special Episode"
- "Fortunate Ben"
- "Four Goes Too Far"
- "The Liar Ball You Don't Want" (speaks in a group)
- "Questions Answered"
- "This Episode Is About Basketball"
- "Enter the Exit" (does not speak)
- "Get to the Top in 500 Steps" (does not speak coherently)
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?" (does not speak)
- "Return of the Rocket Ship"
- "Don't Dig Straight Down"
- "The Four is Lava"
- "The Escape from Four"
- "X Marks the Spot"
- "Take the Tower"
- "How Loe Can You Grow?"
- "A Taste of Space"
- "Let's Raid the Warehouse"
- Non-canon appearances
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", Gelatin was not up for voting to join season 2. However, he was chosen to join by a YouTuber named DegrassiFan, who won a contest created by carykh. With the Announcer's departure, Gelatin questions who the new host is going to be, prompting Puffball to sing "Yeah who, I wanna know" repeatedly, and Firey says that it should be the recommended character TV, who did not make it into the second season.
After Match went back to Pencil's team after a rule was announced that players may switch teams any time they wanted to, Gelatin followed her, stating that he'd "rather be on the stronger team." This makes all of the competitors but Donut leaves the team. Later on, two other competitors joined Donut's team. Due to the unfair teams of 19 > 3, Gelatin's team easily triumphed the other team, and Gelatin was safe from elimination.
In "Get Digging", the competition is to make yoylestew. Golf Ball assigns jobs to people, and she assigns Gelatin, Needle, Spongy, Puffball, Book, and Ice Cube to go get yoyleberries from Yoyleland. During the flight, Spongy, Book, and Ice Cube fall into the forest, leaving Puffball, Gelatin, and Needle on Puffball. They arrive at Yoyleland after several days of flying.
While Gelatin and Needle are collecting the yoyleberries, Leafy appears. She is metal from eating yoyleberries and starts throwing knives at them out of anger after Needle slaps her. Puffball flies them out of there and back to the competition. Gelatin's team loses due to the fact that their stew tasted too sharp and they went overboard with the quantity and the ingredients.
In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 3", Gelatin is seen at elimination and was safe. When Fries facepalms himself due to Needle's team change, Gelatin eats one of his fries, then complains that they are like over a year old, which they are. Later in the contest, Nickel shares to Gelatin that they can ignite Bomby to kill the bugs, which Gelatin later tells Firey to.
In "Zeeky Boogy Doog", Gelatin is seen holding a syringe filled with Freeze Juice for no explained reason. His first appearance in the episode is when he is seen on the Eiffel Tower. When the Puffball Speaker Box says that it is time for Cake at Stake, Gelatin says "huh?" after hearing that, then the Puffball Speaker Box tells Nickel to go up and the contestants on the top of the Eiffel Tower. Pin then says that she can do it, and starts to shake the tower. After Book froze Firey and Tennis Ball, Gelatin uses the same "well-read" joke that Firey and Tennis Ball used, Book, who is obviously angry, freezes Gelatin, who is later thrown off and then falls into the hands of Pencil. Gelatin is later thawed and explains he has one dose of the anti-poison left, which he gives to Teardrop, after being convinced by Nickel. Right after Ruby recovered Flower, Gelatin froze her and tells Ruby to "Never do that again."
During the challenge, in Golf Ball's underground factory, he asks why Golf Ball has an incinerator, to which Golf Ball refuses to tell, and then the two almost fall in the incinerator, yet that is only because of a golf ball-activated safety net. When Golf Ball goes away from the net, it disappears, making Gelatin fall into the incinerator and making some of himself splatter onto the walls of the incinerator, killing him. Despite dying, he can be seen at the end of the episode. He is with Flower, who throws a bug at him, and smugly asks how he feels, however, Gelatin reveals that he is immune to bug poison, and soon freezes Flower again. Then Evil Leafy goes inside Flower, who is frozen, making unusual patterns. Then Yellow Face pops up completely randomly, saying "HELLO!!!", and the episode ends.
In "Get in the Van", Gelatin is recovered by Leafy. Leafy is hammered by Gelatin later on when she tries to make amends with Firey, who doesn't remember her at all.
In "No More Snow", Gelatin was dead, after he, according to Puffball, tied his and Firey's legs together, and then the two of them decided to fall off of Puffball into Evil Forest, shortly thereafter being eaten by Evil Leafy.
Battle for BFDI/BFB
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Gelatin chooses Naily and Donut on his team. During the challenge, he suggests using Bomby to launch the basket to X but is yelled at by Donut, who says that Bomby is their friend and that he shouldn't use him for the challenge. Despite that, his team is safe.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", he continuously throws forks to Pie and Pen, exploding Pie and causing Pen to fall backwards into Black Hole, killing him. Barf Bag says that she thinks Gelatin should stop throwing forks everywhere. He tries to throw forks onto Liy, Tree, and Remote, but Lollipop's Fork Repellent deflects them onto Four, causing him to punish Gelatin. Gelatin is almost killed by Four's zappies. He is later seen on his team's swing, as Barf Bag tells her team to swing slowly, he tells her his team goes "hard".
After Donut rallies his team to motivate them, as they hadn't done any swings yet, he and Barf Bag both jump onto Spongy to propel the swing, but Bleh had already completed 50 swings, mostly due to Saw telling her team to "push through". After Four announces that his team had lost, Gelatin is seen with a medical kit and an injured Bomby, suggesting the swing collided with him, making him explode; his team's swing is also seen destroyed, and a display shows that they did 47 swings. Having done 47 swings out of the 50 they need to be safe, his team is subsequently up for elimination.
In "Today's Very Special Episode", Gelatin and his team face elimination. Gelatin made it to the final two with Bracelety. He, however, was safe with 3449 votes and Bracelety was eliminated. After it was announced that Gelatin was safe, he promises not to throw any more forks. In the challenge, his team made a sculpture of Four out of trash. At the end of the challenge, they are safe from elimination.
In "Fortunate Ben", when Four reveals that he got the fortunes from a dumpster, Gelatin does an exasperated sigh, then laughs in a guilty manner, and gets patted down by Donut. Later in the contest, he suggests using Bomby to explode the other planes. Donut rejects the plan and screams at Gelatin again saying "Gelatin! Bomby is still our friend! And the answer is still no!".
In "Four Goes Too Far", after Donut said that he had Twinkle of Contagion, Gelatin laughs and then asks Donut if he meant the "Tinkle of Contagion", thinking it’s funny. Donut yells at Gelatin for always acting like he's "six years old," he claims he is.
In "Questions Answered", Gelatin notices Fries' fries, saying that his chips were looking "swollen". Fries then asks Gelatin if the word swollen was his new slang term for overweight. Gelatin objects and Match says that Bubble was looking so "swollen" these days. Gelatin explains that two of his "swollen chips" look yellowed, bulbous and that they're even wiggling. Fries states that Gelatin is making him mad. Gelatin replies to him by saying that he's hungry. Fries then tells him to go eat someone else's innards. Gelatin then "walks" backward and turns to look at Barf Bag. He says "Hi Barf Bag". To which Barf Bag replies with, "Oh, hey Gelatin, what's up?". It is currently unknown if he had actually eaten or attempted to eat Barf Bag's "innards".
In "This Episode Is About Basketball", Donut sees Lightning holding Gelatin over fries while Gelatin is trying to get close to Fries' fries. Donut yells "Gelatin, what are you doing up there?!". Gelatin then says that "the jig is up" and that he and Lightning have to take what they can. Gelatin's suspicions were proven correct: biting one of Fries' "swollen chips" revealed X, who was hiding the whole time after running away when Four was factored into Donut. Later, some of Team Ice Cube! glare at Gelatin after his suggestion to use Bomby to throw balls into his team's basket, to which Donut replies with "Uh-huh. Sure" in a sarcastic tone. Barf Bag replies to Donut by saying that Gelatin is taking a step in the right direction.
In "Enter the Exit", Gelatin attempts to bring Four back by bending a fork so that it resembles a four.
In "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", Gelatin himself doesn't do much except taking Jordan (a steak) with him, (a potential reference to his steak house mentioned in BFDIA 5a) while Fanny is walking past the recommended characters. Other than that, Gelatin just stands there smiling, even when his team loses and is up for elimination. During the challenge, Firey Jr. believes he could be a fake because he wasn't using Bomby to win the challenge.
In "Return of the Rocket Ship" Gelatin, while at Cake At Stake with the rest of Team Ice Cube!, tells Ice Cube, who stormed off in annoyance from Bleh, that her team is someplace else. Gelatin asks what he should do after Ice Cube sits refuses to leave as she sits down. Soon after he was announced to be safe with 1634 votes but quickly asked four to cool down the soup before throwing it, only to still complain about it making him soggy. He ends up getting hit by another splash of soup when Donut's flies through his mouth. Later during the challenge, Gelatin leads his team down iance's hole to retrieve X's emeralds, only to be knocked out when falling onto Bubble.
In "Don't Dig Straight Down", Gelatin is seen playing with Naily in the inverted forest. While playing, Gelatin jumps off a tree and lands in Barf Bag. After Barf Bag is punctured by Naily, Gelatin tells Donut he found something. It turns out to be a hot spring that could fill up Barf Bag. It works, and to celebrate, Gelatin plays in the pool with Naily and Spongy. When lava erupts from the spring, Gelatin tells everyone where the entrance was. Then he jumps after Naily "nails" her jump. After Donut sacrifices himself, Gelatin says he always liked deep-fried donuts. Then he says dark humor is the way some people cope with tragedy. Gelatin is dragged from the lava by Bomby. When Bomby sacrifices himself for the team's sake, Gelatin pushes Naily off Bomby at the last second, blasting her to the side. When they reach the top, Gelatin notices Golf Ball's emerald beside Four so he picks it up and gives it to Four, making his team safe.
In "The Four is Lava", he and Flower are seen trapped on a small island surrounded by lava. He remarks that there isn't enough room up there, and Flower agrees, pushing him into the lava.
In "The Escape from Four", he is first seen being recovered by Four for his team's Cake at Stake. He acts very dismissively and unenthusiastic, annoying Four. He is later seen along with everyone else trying to free the rest of the eliminated contestants. He at first switches to Two's show but switches back after learning the prize is A BFB, which he uses to beatbox. He ends up being one of the 14 contestants who stay on BFB, telling Four that he'll always appreciate the true value of the prize. He, along with Four and the other competitors, is then teleported to a different area to compete.
In "X Marks the Spot", Gelatin shows Leafy the weird sounds the ground makes, to which the latter walks off in disgust. Gelatin is placed on the Have Cots. Later, Gelatin asks his team what they should do to get X back, to which Leafy says to “use their imagination”, making Gelatin leave. He then asks Bubble, who says she doesn’t know. When Ruby shows her team a chest that Pencil had given to her before she had gotten eliminated, Gelatin swiftly snatches it out of her hands, opening it to reveal it's the FreeSmart SuperVan. Gelatin's team is up for voting when they end up accidentally flinging X to the opposite team with a lasso.
In "Take the Tower", during Cake at Stake, Gelatin helps Bubble pronounce nervous instead of "noirvous". He is the third to last safe with 5,272 votes and uses Bubble's accent while celebrating his safety. During the challenge, his team comes up with a strategy to infiltrate the other's team tower by disguising as one of their members. Gelatin is the only one who manages to fool Firey with his Flower disguise and passes the real Flower off as Dora. Despite, successfully gaining access to the other team's tower, he just plays patty cake with Firey, and is later seen on the friendship bracelet with everyone else. His team ends up winning when the other team's tower breaks apart.
In "How Loe Can You Grow?", Gelatin seems to be confused by what Four means when he says they need to improve the sun. Four clarifies that they have to make X's aloe vera grow. During the challenge, Gelatin asks Lollipop and Bubble how to get the sun. Lollipop proposes to bring the sun to them, but Bubble points out the strategy's impossibility. After an aloe vera grows due to Ruby's 9 Mohs hardness scale point, Gelatin tells Teardrop to tell Four that they've succeeded. Offscreen, Gelatin has received a space ship by Blocky, that is made out of cardboard. Ruby asks Gelatin where he found the spaceship, but Gelatin cannot remember and says it's not of importance. Blocky tries to burn Have Cots' ship, but fails, only resulting in his teams ship burning. Gelatin's team is up for elimination, however, as the Have Nots have made X's aloe vera grow taller than Four.
In "A Taste of Space", wanting to taste space so badly, he punctures a hole in the plastic wrap, and sticks his tongue through it. He pulls it back in, causing the air to get sucked out, making everyone suffocate. He is the second to last safe in Cake at Stake with 7,669 votes. During the challenge, Gelatin makes a sun angel, which later causes his shadow to project on earth. X feels cooled down by Gelatin's body projection and gives his team a point. Gelatin later explains to his team how pouring ice on the sun will cause the outermost part to disappear, making them sink right through. However, nothing happens after Teardrop dumps out the ice. After multiple attempts at effect the earth's temperature with the sun, Gelatin and his team are teleported back to earth. His team ends up winning the contest when Leafy simply dumps some ice on X.
- Main article: Gelatin/Relationships
|3||191 likes, 104 dislikes|
|5a||357 likes. 105 dislikes|
|1||904 likes, 298 dislikes|
- "Zeeky Boogy Doog":
- Is crushed by the HPRC.
- Burns to death in Golf Ball's incinerator.
- "No More Snow!": After tying his legs with Firey's and falling off Puffball, is likely eaten by Evil Leafy (offscreen).
- "The Long-lost Yoyle City": Is eaten by the Fish Monster.
- "The Four is Lava": Is pushed into lava by Flower.
- "Last BFDI": Is mashed with Flower's petals and turns into Puffball.
Total kills: 4
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Bubble||1||"Take the Tower"|
|Leafy||1||"Get in the Van"|
|Pen||1||"Why Would You Do This on a Swingset" (along with Black Hole)|
|Pie||1||"Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"|
- Gelatin's birthday is officially observed as June 29th, 2012. This was when Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know, his first appearance, was released.
- Running gag: Due to his claustrophobia, Gelatin often remarks "there isn't enough room up here", sometimes pushing off teammates afterward.
- DegrassiFan is not Graham Taylor (or even aware of who he is), as confirmed by a comment on the video that introduced Gelatin into BFDI.
- He is currently the only character who is voiced by Graham Taylor.
- Gelatin is one of two characters who made it into the second season by a method different than viewer votes; the other being Golf Ball.
- Gelatin is the first contestant to spin the wheel to choose a contest in BFDIA.
- Gelatin and David are the only known contestants who are immune to Bugs.
- Gelatin owns a restaurant known as Gelatin's Steakhouse, which was mentioned by Bubble in "Get in the Van". It would later make another appearance in "What Do You Think of Roleplay?".
- He, along with Donut, Fries, Pie, Eggy, Cake, Lollipop, and Taco are food objects.
- He, Donut, and Fries were the only food objects who competed in BFDIA.
- Gelatin is one of three contestants on the current Team No-Name to have arms. The other 2 are Fries and Firey.
- Gelatin is lime flavored, revealed in BAGUETTE.
- Gelatin is one of the few characters who have eaten Fries' fries, along with Book, Rocky, Yellow Face, and Lollipop.
- Gelatin and Foldy are the only contestants who have never been up for voting in a join or rejoin vote.
- Gelatin has pushed his teammates off Puffball two times, after stating "there isn't enough room up here".
- In "Don't Dig Straight Down", he would do this again by pushing Naily off Bomby.
- Gelatin is one of the BFDI/BFDIA contestants to never be sent to the TLC or LOL. The others are Firey, Bubble, Bomby, Leafy, and Yellow Face.
- Gelatin is one of the few transparent contestants, the others are Bubble, Teardrop, Bottle, and Ice Cube.
- He and Bottle are also the only transparent contestants who aren't blue.
- As of "Let's Raid The Warehouse", Gelatin has appeared in every single BFB episode, whether having a speaking role or being in the background, along with Blocky, Lollipop, and Woody.
- He is one of the few contestants who have had their votes drop in BFB, as he got 3,449 votes in "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", and only 1,634 in "Return of the Rocket Ship". The others are Donut and Woody.
- In "Four Goes Too Far", Gelatin says he is 6 years old, like BFDIA.
- This is in reference to the fact he was created for BFDIA, unlike the other recommended characters.
- Gelatin is the second contestant known to have a criminal record, as it is revealed that he was arrested for impersonating Loser in "Take the Tower". The first being Ice Cube.
- He is currently the contestant who has been up for voting the most in BFB, at five.
- Gelatin's voting icon has the same background as the "Final Fourteen" screen at the end of "The Escape from Four".
- Gelatin is confirmed a cannibal in "Let's Raid The Warehouse".
Click here to view the gallery.
|BFDIA 6: Firey • Tennis Ball • Rocky • Golf Ball • Gelatin • Fries|
|People in IDFB|
|FreeSmart: Book • Bubble • Ice Cube • Pencil • Ruby|
|Team Ice Cube!|