— Grassy, on multiple occasions
He was one of the 30 recommended characters that could've been voted to join Battle for Dream Island. Like Remote and Pie, Grassy only received 7 votes and placed 17th place and was flung into the Locker of Losers.
Grassy will be competing in TPOT.
Grassy appears to be comprised of blades of grass, and his body is lime green. His appearance has never been changed until BFB when he got a round bottom to make his design more connected.
- Grassy has a rough bottom.
- Grassy is yellow-green.
- Grassy has an overall simpler design.
- Grassy has three blades.
- Grassy has a smooth bottom and has an outline.
- Grassy gets a new, wavier, and curvier design.
- Grassy has six blades.
- Grassy is a different shade of green.
Grassy appears to be quite childish and joyful, as he supposedly enjoys funny doings, much like Blocky. He usually talks in the third person point of view, often saying his name when referring to himself. He isn't afraid of sharing his feelings, like when he told Blocky that he wanted more respect from his team, mainly Golf Ball. He also considers himself to be useful. These facts seem to show that he has rather high self-esteem, but not quite to the point of being arrogant or egotistical. Grassy appears to have a difficult time talking, as he needed assistance from Basketball to say "respected" in "Lick Your Way to Freedom."
Official Character Guide biography
When Grassy is excited, his blades wiggle. Grassy will often speak in the third person, and he likes to sit on people such as Basketball, Blocky, and Tennis Ball. When Grassy is standing in grass, he feels like he's standing in his hair. Grassy also feels tingly when he does photosynthesis.
Grassy knows to speak up when he's not getting the respect he deserves. Sometimes, it's difficult to find words for what he means, but Basketball helps him out with that! Grassy also enjoys words that rhyme with "respect," such as "protect."
Did You Know?: Grassy is not afraid of lawn mowers, which only give him a haircut.
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- "Welcome Back" (voting screen)
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom"
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset" (does not speak)
- "Today's Very Special Episode" (does not speak)
- "Fortunate Ben" (does not speak)
- "Four Goes Too Far"
- "The Liar Ball You Don't Want"
- "Questions Answered"
- "This Episode Is About Basketball" (does not speak)
- "Enter the Exit" (does not speak)
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?"
- "Return of the Rocket Ship"
- "Don't Dig Straight Down"
- "The Four is Lava" (does not speak)
- "The Escape from Four" (speaks in group)
- "X Marks the Spot" (speaks in group)
Battle for Dream Island
In "The Reveal", he is one of the 30 recommended characters up for joining. His audition features him appearing from camouflage. However, he receives seven votes, which is not enough, so he, along with Remote and Pie, are sent to the LOL.
Battle for Dream Island Again
In BFDIA, Grassy is eligible to compete, but he only receives 53 votes, ranking 55th out of everybody. Only Roboty, Tree, Saw, Bottle, and Bracelety receive fewer votes with 50, 49, 36, 29, and 18 votes respectively. Gaty receives 1 more vote than him, with 54.
Battle for BFDI
During the challenge, he asks Golf Ball what his purpose is, but she belittles him, calling him "an overgrown section of the lawn the gardener forgot to mow." Shortly after Golf Ball's death, 8-Ball names himself the temporary team leader, and Grassy says, "Why not Grassy?". 8-Ball's usage of the trebuchet brings A Better Name Than That immunity.
In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", he is first seen with Blocky, saying that he needs respect. He is seen yelling at Four, and when he has the chance to speak (cutting off Saw and Stapy), he asks Four to recover Tennis Ball. Since Grassy was the first to finish his sentence, Four recovers Tennis Ball. However, he is still yelling at Four after.
8-Ball chomps on a jawbreaker to free Golf Ball, and ABNTT is safe. Blocky shows sympathy for Grassy, reporting Golf Ball's abuse of him to her. Basketball then deems 8-Ball the team leader.
In "Today's Very Special Episode," he does not speak. When he starts to draw, Golf Ball and 8-Ball start to argue in which direction Grassy should go. Later, Golf Ball nabs the marker from Grassy and starts to scribble. Despite this, ABNTT barely wins, placing 6th again and behind The Losers!.
In "Four Goes Too Far," his first appearance is in the heart scene, getting the Twinkle once. He gets in Golf Ball's Rocket to escape to space. What his team doesn't know is that rides along with them.
With five minutes left, ABNTT and have a stare-off, passing the Twinkle to one another. However, Taco gives the Twinkle to Bell, saving both teams, but the rocket breaks and they are stranded on the Moon.
In "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", he, his team, and are still stuck on the Moon. He is seen looking at Pie flying away to the distance, and he comments that the situation back at Earth "seems chaotic."
He later changes the position of the rocket's communicator dish numerous times, until the rocket becomes unstable. However, he "is here to protect," and nudges the rocket. This results in the connection being lost, giving Remote the ability to send a bomb to Robot Flower. If the bomb explodes, everyone on the Moon will die, so Robot Flower closes the connection between Remote and her, sacrificing a win for her teammates and .
In "Questions Answered", after finding out Donut can transmit matter through his camera via TV, Basketball tells him to get them back to Earth that way, and Grassy agrees. When they do get back to Earth, Cake at Stake properly starts, with the team members sitting far away from Donut. He says they "don't have to sit so far", so Grassy goes into Donut's hole. Then, the rest of the team join him. Grassy is the 4th safe.
In "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", when Golf Ball asks him to prove he's himself, Grassy says, "I'm Grassy", but that isn't convincing enough for her. Meanwhile, "Basketball" says that this examination of A Better Name Than That's members would be quicker if Grassy "wasn't so basic". Blocky then points out Basketball as the impostor, making the team safe.
In "Return of the Rocket Ship", when Golf Ball states that she built an MMR, Grassy responds that he loves measles, mumps, and rubella (referring to three serious diseases), to which Fanny replies that she hates them.
Later on, Tennis Ball, using the MMR to read X's mind, finds out what X's treasure is and where some of the emeralds are located. He tells the rest of A Better Name Than That the information. Grassy repeats Tennis Ball's words by yelling to everyone else, despite TV's advice to keep it a secret, which results in Golf Ball giving Grassy a disgruntled look.
In "Don't Dig Straight Down," Grassy and his team wall-jump to the surface after finding the emerald. When Death P.A.C.T. takes the emerald and becomes safe, Grassy thinks it's no big deal. Later, Grassy agrees with Blocky that Golf Ball is stinky.
In "The Four is Lava," Grassy is recovered along with the other members of A Better Name Than That who died offscreen.
- Main article: Grassy/Relationships
|18||7 (to join)|
|1||53 (to join)|
- "Half a Loaf Is Better Than None": Walks into a vat of hydrochloric acid.
- "Reveal Novum": Is crushed by the Sun with the other recommended characters in the LOL.
- "Don't Dig Straight Down": Burnt in lava (off-screen).
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Four||1||"Four Goes Too Far" (along with A Better Name Than That and Donut)|
- Grassy's audition was appearing from a green background, possibly appearing from camouflage.
- His voting icon may be referencing this.
- Grassy is one of the four recommended characters held in the TLC to not change their design in IDFB, with the other three being 8-Ball, Puffball, and Donut.
- However, his design was changed in BFB 1.
- Grassy's old idle has appeared multiple times in BFDI and BFDIA as a natural prop. He was likely made from that asset.
- Grassy did not appear in the Tiny Loser Chamber in "Welcome Back".
- Grassy was considered by Golf Ball to be an "overgrown section of the lawn that the gardener forgot to mow."
- Grassy's BFB asset is animated at times, much like Firey's.
- Unlike Firey, however, Grassy's asset only animates when he is particularly excited. (Usually, this is when he's talking about himself.)
- The top of Grassy can catch contestants, as he saved Blocky from hitting the ground after falling out of the tree in "Getting Teardrop to Talk".
- Grassy, alongside Barf Bag, had previously unknown genders. Grassy was called female in a live stream but was stated correctly as a male in BFB.
- Grassy read the confessionals in TWOW 23a for Midnight Light. This is where his voice originated from.
- As stated by Cary Huang, Grassy is one of the harder characters to voice.
- This is shown in Cary's BFB Behind the Scenes, where he is shown coughing after most lines.
Click here to view the gallery.
- ↑ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13dUHjWwflvXt2cuW-oGNV29z6XK3KunzWfHPonZoX0M/edit#gid=1397548773
| BFDI contestants|
|A Better Name Than That|