|“||Well, if you take "the all" out of "alliance", you get-||”|
Iance (stylized as iance, pronounced as "eye-ance" or "ʌɪ.əns", as said by Lightning in "Getting Teardrop to Talk") is one of the eleven teams in Battle for BFB. The team was named when Fanny suggested removing "the all" from "the alliance".
Official Character Guide description
Pronounced "eye ance," iance is one of eight teams competing in Season 4. The team members are mostly uncooperative, and iance succeeds because other teams fail.
iance behaves like two teams in one. It formed when Pencil wanted to re-create the team FreeSmart from BFDIA. Pencil, Match, Bubble and Ruby eventually joined forces with Snowball, Flower, Fanny and Lightning. Pencil wanted to name the team "The Alliance", However, since not all team members were part of the alliance, Fanny suggested the "The All" be removed and the team be called "iance."
|Name||Gender||Voting icon||Ranking||Episode eliminated||Number of votes at point of elimination||Total votes|
|Female||10th||"Fashion For Your Face!"||6,374 (to save)||25,644|
|Female||13th||"A Taste of Space"||7,573 (to save)||13,493|
|Male||16th||"The Escape from Four"||Quit (Left to join The Power of Two)||1,336|
|Female||58th||"What Do You Think of Roleplay?"||12,758 (to eliminate)||14,120|
|Female||65th||"Lick Your Way to Freedom"||4,595 (to eliminate)||8,307|
iance was made from two teams in "Getting Teardrop to Talk". One half was made from Pencil's alliance, and the other was made from Flower, Snowball, Fanny, and Lightning. When Flower wanted both Ruby and Snowball to be on her team, she decided to merge both together. Pencil's alliance suggested that the team name be "the alliance", but since there were other people that weren’t a part of it, Fanny recommended to remove "the all" from "the alliance" - making the name iance.
During the challenge, Match decided that they should jump to reach the basket. When Fanny hated the idea, Pencil wanted Lightning to zap her, but was stopped by Bubble. Bubble decided to let Lightning zap her after Pencil insulted the former by reminding her she's a "bember". Afterwards, Match was trying to find flaws with the team. Near the end, they thought they were almost there, but they failed and their team was up for the first elimination.
In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", Pencil was eliminated during Cake at Stake. During the challenge, the team was seen licking a jawbreaker. They were told to stop licking by Bubble when she saw that Ice Cube was inside of it. Their team ranked second in that episode, only behind .
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", the team put Fanny to use so they could swing around 50 times. They got 1st place.
In "Fortunate Ben", the team was seen in a pink paper plane. Lightning says that he will get them to soar above the others, and Snowball agrees with that. However, Four obliterated Lightning and Black Hole, and disabled Puffball and Cloudy, as flying was considered cheating.
In "Four Goes Too Far", the team played a minor role in the challenge, as they made no active attempt to avoid the Twinkle of Contagion. When Bubble caught the Twinkle, she engaged in a staring competition with Match, passing the Twinkle between Match and Bubble repetitively. They then passed the Twinkle onto Pen.
In "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", the team was mostly absent during the challenge. Bubble commented on the murderous attitude of the competitors, and Lightning zapped the Liar Ball, sending Pie into the sky.
In "Questions Answered", the team had Bubble give the answers. Match and Snowball pressured Bubble into getting the questions correct. However, after Bubble got every question wrong, the team fell into the bottom two. Bubble knew the answer to the final question, "What's my favorite season?", but the team's podium was replaced by a fake podium made by Stapy. The team was seemingly up for elimination, but because Match showed Donut the video footage of Stapy's trickery, the team was safe, placing 7th.
In "This Episode Is About Basketball", Snowball threw a ball at the team’s basket, which hit the propeller holding the basket up. The propeller malfunctioned and broke, and the basket fell onto the buzzer. They got 3rd place in the challenge.
In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", the team sends Flower up the staircase. She pushes Tennis Ball, Bomby, and Foldy off and blows Pie up, but is then knocked off herself by Dora. All the other teams except for Death P.A.C.T. press the button, and are therefore safe. Black Hole then launches a recovered Pie onto the buzzer, leaving Flower, who had noticed that Pie had been doing nothing, stunned. iance is then up for elimination.
In "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", Match was eliminated before Bubble got another chance to talk to her. This causes Bubble to feel guilty and forgive everyone on her team in fear of getting them eliminated. She ends up making some people on her team upset.
During the challenge, Bubble tries to apologize to Snowball again, and gets popped. This lets Ruby and Flower know that they aren’t fake. Later, Fanny figures out that Lightning was actually Spongy, due to the fact that Lightning usually forgets to fly and Spongy was enjoying his newfound abilities.
In "Return of the Rocket Ship", Bubble was upset that Ice Cube was on a different team, but quickly lightens up when she claims to have joined iance. Flower remarks that Ice Cube cannot switch teams but Bubble tells her that they should allow her to join. Ruby bites into the ground and Bubble tells her digging with shovels is faster than with teeth, Ruby grabs shovels from Bleh's crate and orders everyone to dig, Fanny shouts that she hates that X's emeralds are down the hole. Because of that, Team Ice Cube and BEEP follow them down. And then they hear the teams screaming. They dig to the side to be safe, but Bubble is trapped under Team Ice Cube. iance then notice BEEP and decides to dig up to a place so they can blow BEEP to another hole so it doesn't kill Bubble. But Flower falls and accidentally pops Bubble, surprising all the members of iance. With that, they continue to dig.
In "Don't Dig Straight Down", Ruby is mad that Flower killed Bubble, and tells her that Bubble's life was special and that she instantly loses Flower Power for doing so. Lightning asks if the team is digging towards a random direction and if they should dig towards the coordinate they heard from Grassy. Flower hears the coordinate and tells the team to dig in another direction, which makes Lightning compliments her for knowing her way around here.
Later, Ruby exclaims that she's feeling nauseous, and the scene flashbacks to It's a Monster when Pencil kicks Golf Ball out of the van. She then says that Golf Ball is right up there, so Fanny tells the team to turn around. Lightning gets confused about the team's hatred for Golf Ball and her nicknames, but Snowball tells her not to ask. Even later, the team finds another emerald, however lava is also chasing them, making them dig in fear. They tries to break out of the surface, but Golf Ball constantly blocks their way. Eventually they manage to break out, and Flower brings the emerald to Four, making iance safe. The rest of iance dies when the lava comes out of the hole.
In the challenge, Flower says if she was gonna sit there for the rest of her days, she might as well get comfy, and grabs a remote from the collection. She asks Tennis Ball if there's a TV that goes with the remote, so he excitedly tells her to press the button, which she does. Later, Flower spots contestants from The Losers and runs towards Four. Not wanting to lose, Flower says she couldn't let other contestants beat her. When she and Naily are still running, Flower stabs Naily to the ground and runs to Four, making iance the last team safe.
|"Getting Teardrop to Talk"||Lose||Jumping to try and reach the baskets.|
|"Lick Your Way to Freedom"||Win (2nd)||Licking a jawbreaker all at once, freeing Ice Cube.|
|"Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"||Win (1st)||Using Fanny's blades to spin the swingset around.|
|"Today's Very Special Episode"||Win (5th)||Roleplaying.|
|"Fortunate Ben"||Win||Staying airborne throughout the challenge|
|"Four Goes Too Far"||Win (3rd)||Match and Bubble look towards Pen while they have the Twinkle of Contagion.|
|"The Liar Ball You Don't Want"||Win||Defending their goal|
|"Questions Answered"||Win (7th)||Originally deemed last as a false alarm but managed to gather evidence of Free Food's sabotage with Camera's footage.|
|"This Episode Is About Basketball"||Win (3rd)||Snowball throwing a ball and hitting the propeller of the basket, breaking it and making the basket fall on their buzzer.|
|"Get to the Top in 500 Steps"||Lose||Flower nearly reaches the buzzer, but Black Hole launches Pie onto the buzzer at the top of the stairs before Flower can touch it.|
|"What Do You Think of Roleplay?"||Win (7th)||Guessed the impostor (Lightning) correctly before Team Ice Cube.|
|"Don't Dig Straight Down"||Win (6th)||Found an emerald and escaped from the oncoming magma. While most of the team was rendered unconscious, Flower was able to present the emerald to Four, who remarks that the team was slow.|
|"The Four is Lava"||Win (7th)||Flower jammed Naily into the ground, preventing her from finishing last.|
- Fanny is the only contestant on the team that doesn't have arms, and Lightning is the only contestant on the team that doesn't have legs.
- They are also the only newbies on the team.
- Snowball and Lightning are the only male contestants on this team.
- Snowball is the only ball on this team.
- Ruby and Fanny were both recommended characters that viewers could've voted to join BFDI.
- iance, along with The Losers!, are the teams with the most original contestants, with five in total.
- Match is the only original contestant on this team voiced by Cary Huang.
- Similarly, Ruby is the only recommended character that Cary voices on this team.
- iance is the first team that was put up for elimination in BFB.
- The first contestant eliminated on this team was Pencil. She was also the first contestant to be eliminated in the season.
- Her elimination breaks the streak of a Squashy Grape being the first original contestant to leave a season.
- Just like in BFDI, Snowball and Flower are on the team that loses the first contest.
- This team's name is intentionally written in all lowercase, and is the only team to do so.
- This team has three contestants that towards the start of a season were, in that season, the lowest-ranked contestant of all contestants that participated in the first season (excluding her rejoin, Flower was the first contestant eliminated in season one, Snowball received the lowest amount of votes out of all the classic contestants in "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", and Pencil was the first contestant voted off this season).
- iance is one of the three teams that does not have a single contestant from W.O.A.H. Bunch; the other teams are Death P.A.C.T. and A Better Name Than That.
- iance is the second team to be up for voting twice.
- This is the first and only team that was falsely UFE.
- When they were falsely UFE, the normal voting screen was used.
- On iance's voting screens in "Getting Teardrop to Talk", "Questions Answered", and "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", the respective voting options for each team member are:
- Lightning — [A], [N], and [F]
- Fanny — [B], [L], and [D]
- Flower — [C], [I], and [A]
- Ruby — [D], [M], and [E]
- Match — [E], [O] and [G]
- Pencil — [F] and [A] (in "Enter the Exit")
- Snowball — [G], [J], and [B]
- Bubble — [H], [K], and [C]
- When iance was UFE both times, the normal voting screen wasn't used.
- iance is one of the four teams in BFB that was intentionally given that name by its players; the other three teams were The Losers!, Death P.A.C.T., and Team Ice Cube!.
- Half of the members (Pencil, Lightning, Snowball, Bubble) appear in the first part of the BFB intro. The other half (Fanny, Ruby, Match, Flower) are in the second part.
- The members of iance competing in TPOT, Snowball, Fanny, and Lightning, are the same three characters who were originally their own team before being grouped with the alliance by Flower.
- iance was originally going to be called 'The alliance and others', according to the storyboard for "Getting Teardrop to Talk".
- Fanny is the only female from this team to join TPOT. The other two were male.
- iancians (Lightning)
Click here to view the gallery.
|BFB 16: Bubble • Fanny • Flower • Lightning • Ruby • Snowball|