|“||We have to run away people, they'll eat us alive!||”|
Insectophobe's Nightmare 2 is the 24th episode of Battle for Dream Island.
It was released on December 1, 2011. In this episode, BFDI was temporarily canceled, the remaining competitors got attacked by bugs, and as stated in the previous episode, there was no challenge.
Before the Intro
The episode begins with Flower demanding Bubble to apologize to her for not giving her immunity. Leafy then shows up and apologizes for her, and Flower accepts the apology and walks away. When Bubble asks why she did that, Leafy explains that she wanted to make up with Bubble and be friends again. Bubble declined her friendship proposal, explaining that they keep going back and forth between being friends and enemies back to back forever, and decided they should stop being friends altogether. This angers Leafy, who decides to hang out with Firey instead.
Later, Leafy and Firey ride Firey's Ferris Wheel. Firey explains that there was a waterfall on the Ferris wheel, which confuses Leafy because Firey was allergic to water. Firey then explains that he had replaced the waterfall with a lavafall, and with no way of getting out of the Ferris wheel, Leafy ends up burning to death. Cake at Stake then commences.
Everyone except Leafy was at the elimination area, in which Firey asks the Announcer why she hadn't returned from the Master Recovery Center. The Announcer then explains that he had to sell all the Recovery Centers due to Budget Cuts and that Leafy was truly dead, which upsets Firey a lot. Firey bets his Life Earnings that the Announcer was lying, and Announcer accepts the bet, stating that he did sell the recovery centers, and as a result, won Firey's life earnings.
The Announcer then explains that, as he had said in the previous episode if the votes went down again, BFDI would be canceled. He then slowly counts the votes on the screen. Bubble says that the suspense is killing her, and then a commercial plays. After a Blocky's Funny Doings International commercial, a commercial boycotting commercial, and a commercial about non-slip shoes So Ha!, it is shown that they only received 735 votes, which was fewer than last time again, and BFDI was canceled, meaning no one would win Dream Island.
As earlier, a bug attacks Flower and lays eggs on her. When she finds out BFDI has canceled, Flower becomes furious and throws the eggs at the Announcer, not knowing what they are. The eggs then hatch, releasing thousands upon millions of man-eating bugs onto the surface.
Everyone starts running in fear while the bugs chase after them, eating a large stone along the way. Meanwhile, in the Tiny Loser Chamber, Blocky overhears that BFDI is canceled, and tells everyone so, excites Pen because that means everyone will be released from the TLC. Coiny hears footsteps, thinking it is the Announcer coming to set the losers free, but it turns out to be the bugs, who eat the TLC, killing everyone inside. The bugs then kill the recommended characters, who scream in fear.
Still being chased by the bugs, the remaining survivors have to jump across a cliff to the other side of a ledge. Everyone makes it across, except for Flower, who gets hit by a meteor from her misfortune, killing her. Bubble then suggests to Firey that he should burn the bugs, but when Firey tries to, he gets eaten. Even so, the bugs burn up, but not all of them are killed, pointed out by Bubble.
The Announcer explains that it was obvious that the bugs weren't all dying, because he had built them to be strong, but then realizes that Bubble heard it. The Announcer tells her to forget about it, but Bubble doesn't and is less than pleased to find out that the Announcer built the bugs. Having realized that he had confessed to building the bugs, he pops Bubble, to keep it a secret, then presses a button entitled "Delete Bugs". All the bugs then disappear. The Announcer doesn't know what to do next because everyone has died. He then points out that David is still alive because he is immune to bugs. The Announcer then realizes that he has a David Cloner and hatches a plan.
Cake at Stake continued
10 minutes later, the Announcer is shown back at the elimination area, as he decided not to cancel BFDI. The cake was a red velvet cake (Recommended by Totaldramaisland5543), and 735 votes had been received. Multiple Davids can be heard in the background, randomly screaming "Aw, seriously?" after each sentence the Announcer says.
Bubble had immunity last time, as it is shown that the Announcer cloned David 20 times, 16 for the TLC members, one pumping air into his head to represent Bubble, one set on fire to represent Firey, one with petals to represent Flower, and one covered in leaves to represent Leafy. Firey is safe with 86 votes, and between Flower and Leafy, Leafy is safe with 125 votes, and Flower is eliminated with 524 votes. Suddenly, everyone comes back to life, as Leafy states that they had faked their deaths. A montage of every elimination is shown, showing that Flower was the first and last person to be eliminated before the Finale.
Flower refuses to be eliminated and uses a mirror to deflect the lasers that teleport people to the TLC. One laser hits a bush, another hits the sun, the 3rd one hits the TLC itself, teleporting back where it was, and the last one travels around the world and hits Flower from behind, eliminating her for good. The voting is between Bubble, Firey, and Leafy, with the person with the most votes winning Dream Island. If there are at least 1000 votes, Jacknjellify will make the second season of BFDI, as it states in the end.
In the end, Announcer asks the three finalists what they want for their rewards for making it to the Final 3. It can be anything they ask for. Leafy wants world peace, and Announcer grants it by doing nothing because the world is peaceful enough to him. Bubble wants Yoylecake, but due to budget cuts, her wish is denied. Firey wants his life earnings back but it turns out Announcer had spent it on each contestant's new Recovery Centers. Firey asks why he bought them, to which Announcer responds by killing them to bring them back to life and then crushed himself. They kept on getting hurt and coming back out of the recovery centers just like the previous episode.
|Cary Huang||Coiny/Pin/Match/Needle/Tennis Ball|
|Michael Huang||Flower/Bubble/Leafy/Firey/Blocky/Golf Ball/Pen/Pencil/David/Woody/Snowball/Flower Speaker Box|
|Justin Chapman||Yellow Face/Purple Face|
- Spongy and Spike Ball Speaker Box appear; however, they do not speak.
- "Insectophobia" is the fear of bugs, relating to the bugs that attacked the show, and Flower's hate for bugs as well.
- This is the first episode to share a name with another episode but end with a 2.
- This is the first episode to use the updated assets.
- When everyone but Leafy is running from the bugs, it is shown that Announcer has an actual mouth.
- This is the only episode where it shows his asset with a mouth.
- This is the first time an elimination takes place at the end of an episode.
- This is the first known episode to have two non-Jacknjellify voice actors on the show at once. Those two being FizzyShizzlez and Volcanoclaw.
- This is the last episode made in 2011.
- This, along with "Return of the Hang Glider", is one of the two episodes without a challenge.
- This episode had the longest Cake at Stake.
- This is the highest-rated BFDI episode with a total of 4.72/5.
- This episode marks Pin, Woody, Teardrop, Needle, and Coiny's first deaths as they were eaten by the bugs and never died before this episode.
- Flower was the first and last to be eliminated, and Spongy was the second and second to last to be eliminated since they had both rejoined.
- When the Announcer deletes the bugs, the sound effect is reused from Grassy's audition in "The Reveal".
- This is the only Insectophobe's Nightmare episode where Teardrop does not get eliminated in the following episode.
- All of the David clones disappeared when the four appeared in Cake at Stake. It is unknown where they went.
- Flower demands an apology from Bubble. Bubble thinks it's for killing her, but Flower says it's because she didn't give her immunity.
- Leafy attempts to make up with Bubble after their fight in the previous episode, but Bubble points out how they keep being friends and then not over and over.
- The votes are slowly counted to see if they dropped. When it's shown that they have, the Announcer cancels BFDI like he said he would.
- Blocky's Funny Doings International makes its fourth appearance.
- Yellow Face advertises a line of shoes called Non-Slip Shoes So Ha, adding that Flower wore them that one time.
- The "canceled" gag would later return in the BFB episode "SOS (Save Our Show)".
- This episode has the longest flashback, though it is showing of the previous contestants being eliminated from Episode 2 (Flower's elimination) to Episode 23 (Spongy's elimination).
- The Announcer is crushed by what looks like the Announcer Crusher at the ending.
- When the eliminated contestants celebrate that the TLC had disappeared, Rocky, who usually communicates by barfing, and Teardrop, who can't talk, both spoke regularly.
- Leafy's seat of the Ferris wheel switched, followed by Firey.
- The David Cloner's screen is the same as the Ice Cube Recovery Center 2.0's screen.
- Leafy burns to death in a Ferris wheel.
- Purple Face is eaten by Yellow Face in the Non-Slip Shoes So Ha ad.
- A bug is smashed by a spike.
- The Announcer is crushed by a bowling ball, and then by Spongy 17 times.
- All of the eliminated contestants are eaten by the bugs.
- All of the recommended characters were eaten by bugs, which includes Bracelety, Cheese Orb, and Marker.
- Flower is hit by a meteorite, which causes her to fall down a pit.
- Firey is eaten by a large bug.
- Bubble is popped by the Announcer 13 times (judging by frame by frame inspection).
- Some of the bugs are killed by Firey's fire.
- A David that was supposed to impersonate Firey is burned to ashes.
- Firey is extinguished by a floating bucket 12 times (judging by frame by frame inspection).
- The Announcer is crushed by Flower's crusher, crushed by Leafy with a hammer, eaten by Bubble and burnt by Firey a combined total of 12 times (judging by frame by frame inspection).
- Bubble is popped 12 times at the ending.
- Leafy walks into Firey 12 times (judging by frame by frame inspection).
|Don't Lose Your Marbles • Half a Loaf Is Better Than None • Vomitaco • Bowling, Now with Explosions! • The Reveal • Reveal Novum • Rescission • Gardening Hero • The Glistening • Don't Pierce My Flesh • Hurtful! • Insectophobe's Nightmare 2|