|“||Will you play Toss the Dirt with me?||”|
— Marker, multiple times
Marker's body is mostly white, but has a purple oval symbol on his side. He has a purple cap which is the same size as the rest of his body.
- Marker is purple.
- Marker has no cap.
- Marker is badly drawn.
- Marker has a purple squiggly line in the middle of his body.
- There is an orange clone of him.
- Marker is now blue.
- Marker is drawn better.
- Marker now has roughly drawn arms.
- Marker loses his limbs.
- There are 15 other Marker's in various colors (black, blue, green, yellow, etc.)
- Marker's face is badly drawn.
BFDI 17 (one of the 30 recommended characters)
- Marker has a tattoo on his arm, and is purple again.
- Marker gains shading.
- Marker has two semi-circles on his side instead of squiggly lines.
- Marker regains his limbs.
- Marker has BFDI eye and mouth assets.
- Marker's body is no longer poorly drawn.
- Marker is more purple.
- Marker now has a cap.
- Marker's main body is shorter.
- Marker's lines are thicker.
- His face is lowered.
- His legs are shorter.
Marker is a humorous and cheerful character who likes playing weird games such as Toss the Dirt and Eat the Dirt. He doesn't seem to be very intelligent, as he didn't know how to play Rock Paper Scissors until Foldy taught him in "Today's Very Special Episode".
Official Character Guide biography
Marker is a purple washable marker. He likes to write messages on his arms such as "IMMUNITY GOES TO ME!"
Marker is good-natured and cheerful. He also loves to play games! His favorite is Toss the Dirt, but he's willing to play plenty of other games with his friends Foldy and Stapy. He's not so good at Rock-Paper-Scissors, though, because he keeps getting his fingers twisted into house-shapes. And 4-shapes. And hecatonicosahedroid-shapes.
Did You Know?: Another thing Marker likes to write on his arms is "GAMER."
- Malleability: Marker can make shapes from his hands that are normally impossible, such as a house, Four, and a hecatonicosahedroid.
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know" (does not speak)
- "Welcome Back" (cameo)
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom"
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"
- "Today's Very Special Episode"
- "Fortunate Ben"
- "Four Goes Too Far"
- "The Liar Ball You Don't Want"
- "Questions Answered" (does not speak)
- "This Episode Is About Basketball"
- "Enter the Exit"
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?" (does not speak)
- "Return of the Rocket Ship"
- "Don't Dig Straight Down"
- "The Four is Lava" (does not speak)
- "The Escape from Four" (speaks in group)
- "X Marks the Spot" (speaks in group)
- Non-canon appearances
Battle for Dream Island
In "A Leg Up in the Race", there are two variations of Marker: a purple marker recommended by AlphaZaver and an orange marker recommended by alexlion0511. Both of them have patterns including curly lines on their bodies. Both were seen running around along with some other recommended characters after Firey set them on fire.
In "Half a Loaf Is Better Than None", a Marker runs into a vat of hydrichloric acid.
In "Vomitaco", Marker appears as a background character.
In "The Reveal", Marker reveals his tattoo in his audition to join the game. The tattoo read "Immunity goes to ME!". However, Marker didn't make it into the game, as he only got 9 votes in "Reveal Novum", placing 10th along with Taco and Dora, and was sent flying into the Locker of Losers.
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", Marker only received 109 votes and placed 41st, which wasn't enough to join the game and he was flung to the LOL once again.
Marker had a chance to join IDFB but didn't enough votes.
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Lightning asks Marker (along with Stapy) if they want to be friends. Marker declines and then asks Stapy if he wants to play toss the dirt with him. They both end up digging up dirt. Marker follows Stapy and joins Free Food.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", Marker asked Puffball if she could play Toss the Dirt with him. Puffball agrees after calling the game "dirty". This, however, does not happen as Fries tells Puffball to do the challenge instead.
In "Today's Very Special Episode", Marker asks to play RPS with Foldy and Stapy. He says he doesn't know how to play, but Foldy teaches him. He's told that whoever farts the most gas wins. He doesn't think that's how it works, but Stapy gets him to play anyway. Marker points his finger, which is an illegal move. He then plays a house, then a hecatonicosahedroid. He then plays 4 which Foldy and Stapy freak out about. The 4 then grows out of Marker's hand and then turns into Four. In the challenge, Marker presents the year's hottest look, which caused Four to shoot out some hearts at his team.
In "Four Goes Too Far", Marker (along with the rest of Free Food) looks away from Pen when he has the Twinkle of Contagion. Pen nearly managed to get Marker to turn around when he says he has some tossable dirt, but Fries stops him. Marker was avoiding Pen at the start, but got tricked by Pen to look at him by running the other way. He loses it when looks at him from space.
In "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", when Lightning zooms in on Donut too far with Camera, Marker believes Donut is a vampire. Lightning zooms out and can see him, but Marker says he still has evidence.
In "This Episode Is About Basketball", Marker asks to play "eat the dirt" with Stapy, which Stapy declines. Coiny then offers Marker some free dirt to eat, starting the intro. At the start of Cake at Stake, he is seen with Coiny's dirt fully eaten. When X gets "promoted" to host, Marker, along with the other alive members of Free Food affirm with his regular cake choice. During the contest, Marker won for his team when Yellow Face tells him to play toss the balls, which turns into toss the dirt once the balls are in their team Basket. Fries tells Marker that he can stop digging.
In "Enter the Exit", Marker played the number four claiming that he knew how to bring Four back. Much to his dismay, this did not work. Firey Jr. noticed this and called Marker an idiot after he had no proof that this had worked "last time", due to Stapy and Foldy being absent.
In "Don't Dig Straight Down", Marker's only role is explaining to his team (while using his body to draw a simple diagram) that "You don't need frills to make a feast for the eyes," encouraging Fries to give fake emeralds to Four.
In "The Four is Lava", Marker is recovered, as he died offscreen between the events of the previous episode.
In "The Escape from Four", Marker can be seen helping with pulling the eliminated contestants out of Four. He later switches to Two's show, TPOT, after seeing him turn the sun into a spiky ball so that he could hit Four with it.
- Main article: Marker/Relationships
|18||9 (to join)|
|1||102 (to join)|
- "A Leg Up in the Race": May have burned to death (debatable).
- "Half a Loaf Is Better Than None": Walks into a vat of hydrochloric acid, to get Announcer's marbles.
- "Reveal Novum": Is crushed by the sun with the other recommended characters in the LOL.
- "Don't Dig Straight Down": Burned by lava offscreen.
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Lollipop||1||"Lick Your Way to Freedom" (along with Stapy)|
- Marker is the only character known to have a tattoo.
- It is unknown if Marker still retains this tattoo in his current redesign.
- Marker's OMG is OMA, or Oh My Artist.
- Marker is one of the two BFB characters with a saturated purple on their body. The other is Lollipop.
- They are also the only two with a purple and white color scheme.
- Marker was originally going to be voiced by Alexlion0511, but this was changed.
- As stated by Cary Huang on his reaction to BFB 1, they had dropped the idea as it would be easier for the production crew if they knew the voice actors in real life.
- In "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", Marker says that Donut is possibly a vampire too. This could be a reference to Ruby stating that "Donut's blood tastes pretty good" in BFDIA 5a.
- When Marker had the Twinkle, his body was completely white instead of glowing.
- Marker's voting icon is the only icon drawn on paper.
- Additionally, Marker's icon is also drawn with a purple marker.
- "Don't Dig Straight Down" is the first time in BFB that Marker is seen not wearing his cap.
- As a recommended character, he had a fine point tip, but now he has a chisel tip.
- Marker's BFB design appears to be based off that of a Crayola marker.
- He has a distinct voice characterized by "exaggerated mouth movements" according to Cary.
Click here to view the gallery.
- ↑ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13dUHjWwflvXt2cuW-oGNV29z6XK3KunzWfHPonZoX0M/edit#gid=1397548773
| BFDI contestants|