|“||Will you play Toss the Dirt with me?||”|
— Marker, on multiple occasions
Marker's body is mostly white, but has a purple oval symbol on his side. He has a purple cap which is the same size as the rest of his body.
- Marker is purple.
- Marker has no cap.
- Marker is badly drawn.
- Marker has a purple squiggly line in the middle of his body.
- There is an orange clone of him.
- Marker is now blue.
- Marker is drawn better.
- Marker now has roughly drawn arms.
- Marker's outline is thinner.
- Marker loses his limbs.
- There are 15 other Marker's in various colors (black, blue, green, yellow, etc.)
- Marker's face is badly drawn.
BFDI 17 (one of the 30 recommended characters)
- Marker has a tattoo on his arm, and is purple again.
- Marker gains shading.
- Marker has two ellipses on his side instead of squiggly lines.
- Marker regains his limbs.
- Marker has BFDI eye and mouth assets.
- Marker's body is no longer poorly drawn.
- Marker is taller.
- His cap is shorter.
- His shade of purple is brighter.
- His fine point is sharper and slightly pointier.
- Marker is more purple.
- Marker now has a cap.
- Marker now has outlines.
- Marker's main body is shorter.
- Marker's lines are thicker.
- His face is lowered.
- His legs are shorter.
- He loses his fine point and now has a chisel tip.
Marker is a humorous and cheerful character who likes playing weird games such as Toss the Dirt and Eat the Dirt. He doesn't seem to be very intelligent, as he didn't know how to play Rock Paper Scissors until Foldy taught him in "Today's Very Special Episode". He can also be a bit of a devious trickster sometimes, as seen in "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?" when he presses the "up" button and keeps running up to get in The Strongest Team on Earth's way. He has been shown to get mad, as shown when he wanted to "punish" Lollipop for not being Foldy inside a jawbreaker or when he partakes in attacking Two at the end of TPOT 1 for they did not explain the rules.
Official Character Guide biography
Marker is a purple washable marker. He likes to write messages on his arms such as "IMMUNITY GOES TO ME!"
Marker is good-natured and cheerful. He also loves to play games! His favorite is Toss the Dirt, but he's willing to play plenty of other games with his friends Foldy and Stapy. He's not so good at Rock-Paper-Scissors, though, because he keeps getting his fingers twisted into house-shapes. And 4-shapes. And hecatonicosahedroid-shapes.
Did You Know?: Another thing Marker likes to write on his arms is "GAMER."
- Malleability: Marker can make shapes from his hands that are normally impossible, such as a house, Four, and a hecatonicosahedroid.
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- "Welcome Back" (cameo)
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom"
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"
- "Today's Very Special Episode"
- "Fortunate Ben"
- "Four Goes Too Far"
- "The Liar Ball You Don't Want"
- "Questions Answered" (does not speak)
- "This Episode Is About Basketball"
- "Enter the Exit"
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?" (does not speak)
- "Return of the Rocket Ship"
- "Don't Dig Straight Down"
- "The Four is Lava" (does not speak)
- "The Escape from Four" (speaks in group)
- Battle for BFB
- Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
- Non-canon appearances
Battle for Dream Island
In "A Leg Up in the Race", there are two variations of Marker: a purple marker recommended by AlphaZaver and an orange marker recommended by alexlion0511. Both of them have patterns including curly lines on their bodies. Both were seen running around along with some other recommended characters after Firey set them on fire.
In "Half a Loaf Is Better Than None", a Marker runs into a vat of hydrichloric acid.
In "Vomitaco", Marker appears as a background character.
In "The Reveal", Marker reveals his tattoo in his audition to join the game. The tattoo read "Immunity goes to ME!". However, Marker didn't make it into the game, as he only got 9 votes in "Reveal Novum", along with Taco and Dora, and was sent flying into the Locker of Losers.
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", Marker only received 109 votes and placed 41st, which wasn't enough to join the game and he was flung to the LOL once again.
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Lightning asks Marker (along with Stapy) if they want to be friends. Marker declines and then asks Stapy if he wants to play toss the dirt with him. They both start digging up dirt. Marker follows Stapy and joins Free Food. During the challenge, Bell is concerned about their chances of winning when Foldy dies, stating no one else could get up to the basket. Marker then tells Bell to turn around to an angry Puffball.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", Marker asks Puffball if she wanted to play Toss the Dirt with him. Puffball agrees after calling the game "dirty". This, however, does not happen as Fries tells Puffball to do the challenge instead.
In "Today's Very Special Episode", Marker asks to play rock paper scissors with Foldy and Stapy. He says he doesn't know how to play, but Foldy teaches him. He's told that whoever farts the most gas wins. He doesn't think that's how it works, but Stapy gets him to play anyway. Marker points his finger, which is an illegal move. He then plays a house, then a hecatonicosahedroid. He then plays 4 which Foldy and Stapy freak out about. The 4 grows out of Marker's hand and turns into Four. In the challenge, Marker presents the year's hottest look, which caused Four to shoot out some hearts at his team. They get first place.
In "Fortunate Ben", Marker gets trapped inside his team's paper plane by Stapy which causes them to fall out of the sky. As they fall, Marker tells his teammates that they have to slow their plane down. His team manages to win thanks to Stapy using his staples to break the landscape.
In "Four Goes Too Far", Marker (along with the rest of Free Food) looks away from Pen when he has the Twinkle of Contagion. Pen nearly managed to get Marker to turn around when he says he has some tossable dirt, but Fries stops him. Marker was avoiding Pen at the start, but got tricked into looking at him when started running the other way. He loses the twinkle when looks at him from space.
In "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", Marker is in the group of characters who greet Loser at the beginning. when Lightning zooms in on Donut too far with Camera, Marker believes Donut is a vampire. Lightning zooms out and can see him, but Marker says he still has evidence.
In "Questions Answered", Marker can be seen moving from the moon to earth. His team loses the challenge because of Stapy and Puffball's cheating.
In "This Episode Is About Basketball", Marker asks to play "eat the dirt" with Stapy, which Stapy declines. Coiny then offers Marker some dirt to eat, starting the intro. At the start of Cake at Stake, he is seen with Coiny's dirt fully eaten. When X gets "promoted" to host, Marker, along with the other alive members of Free Food affirm with his regular cake choice. During the contest, Marker wins for his team when Yellow Face tells him to play toss the balls, which turns into toss the dirt once the balls are in their team Basket. Fries tells Marker that he can stop digging.
In "Enter the Exit", Marker played the number four claiming that he knew how to bring Four back. However, this did not work (since Four was dead). Firey Jr. noticed this and called Marker an idiot after he had no proof that this had worked "last time", due to Stapy and Foldy being absent.
In "Don't Dig Straight Down", Marker's only role is explaining to Fries (while using his body to draw a simple diagram) that Four once said "You don't need frills to make a feast for the eyes," encouraging Fries to give fake emeralds to Four.
In "The Four is Lava", Marker is recovered, as he died offscreen between the events of the previous episode.
In "The Escape from Four", Marker is first seen walking with everyone else to watch Four struggle at sucking up Spongy. Marker can also be seen helping with pulling the eliminated contestants out of Four. He later switches to Two's show, TPOT, after seeing them turn the sun into a spiky ball so that they could hit Four with it.
Battle for BFB
Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
In "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?", Marker asks what's wrong with prime numbers. He later tries joining Foldy's team, but is flung away by Bell. He lands next to Lightning and teams up with him, with Lightning being bothered with how he now wants to be friends after rejecting his offer in BFB 1. They both join Death P.A.C.T. Again. During the challenge, he informs the team they can't use the elevator after it breaks. He also suggests using Fanny to propel themselves onto the building, but she's not strong enough for that. Remote gets an idea and uses him to visualize her plan. When Pie says that she's vandalizing the wall, Marker says she isn't and that his ink is washable. As Remote carries her team up the stairs, Marker gets dropped, and he presses a button on the elevator before running back up. This causes the elevator with The Strongest Team on Earth. to stop at that floor, but they still beat Death P.A.C.T. Again, meaning Marker and the rest of the team are up for elimination. He stomps on Two when the contestants start attacking them.
In "The Worst Day of Black Hole's Life", Marker receives a paper clip from Robot Flower, which he can be seen playing with as his team tries to get a battery. During Cake at Stake, he is in the bottom two with Pie, and is the last one safe, receiving 6,095 votes. He goes off to play video games while Two begins the intro sequence. During the challenge, when Black Hole asks how he can help, Marker says "You suck, don't you?", which Black Hole takes offense to. Fanny clarifies that he meant that he could use his suction ability to help. This backfires when Black Hole accidentally sucks up all of Death P.A.C.T. Again's blocks. Marker agrees with Tree's idea to steal other team's blocks, and he and Fanny take Rocky from The S! when they see him vomit blocks. Marker panics when he sees Remote get killed in a puddle of battery acid, and leaves Rocky behind at the Recovery Center after he kills Remote by vomiting acid onto her. Marker and Tree then stay behind to build their team's stack. When Teardrop destroys one of their blocks, Marker attempts to use his paper clip to keep the stack from collapsing. This fails, and the paper clip ends up getting launched into the back of Robot Flower's head. Marker suggests targeting Teardrop as an act of revenge, leaving Tree as the only member to rebuild their stack. Teardrop starts firing at his team, killing Fanny first, forcing the rest to take cover behind a fence. Lightning saves Marker from Teardrop by pushing him down, and Marker avenges Lightning's death by wrestling the laser gun from her and taking it by biting her arm. Teardrop then fires a laser from her finger, knocking Marker over, allowing her to take back the laser gun and finish him off. Tree recovers Marker before the challenge ends, and their team places 4th overall, with five blocks stacked.
- Main article: Marker/Relationships
|18||9 (to join)|
|1||102 (to join)|
- "A Leg Up in the Race": May have burned to death (debatable).
- "Half a Loaf Is Better Than None": Walks into a vat of hydrochloric acid.
- "Reveal Novum": Is crushed by the sun with the other recommended characters in the LOL.
- "Don't Dig Straight Down": He was among those who perished in the lava (offscreen).
- "The Worst Day of Black Hole's Life": Killed by Teardrop.
Total kills: 2
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Lollipop||1||"Lick Your Way to Freedom" (along with Stapy)|
|Ice Cube||1||"The Worst Day of Black Hole's Life"|
- Marker is one of the two BFB characters with a purple and white color scheme. The other is Lollipop.
- Marker is one of the eight contestants who received a design change between IDFB and BFB, along with Grassy, Saw, Nickel, Gaty, Blocky, Flower, and Lightning.
- Marker is one of the eight characters who have been recommended variants of themselves (Uncapped Marker in Marker's case). The others are David, Four, Flower, Puffball, Bubble, Spongy, and Cake.
- Marker is the only character who got 9 votes in "Reveal Novum" who wasn't a former member.
- Marker, Cake, Clock, Eggy, Bottle, Pillow, and Taco are currently the only contestants who have competed on multiple teams but never with a former teammate.
- Marker is the only character known to have a tattoo.
- It is unknown if Marker still retains this tattoo in his current redesign.
- Marker's OMG phrase is "Oh My Artist" (OMA).
- According to the Official Character Guide, Marker likes to write "GAMER" on his arms.
- Marker was originally going to be voiced by Alexlion0511, but this was changed.
- As stated by Cary Huang on his reaction to BFB 1, they had dropped the idea as it would be easier for the production crew if they knew the voice actor in real life.
- In "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", Marker says that Donut is possibly a vampire too. This could be a reference to Ruby stating that "Donut's blood tastes pretty good" in BFDIA 5a.
- When Marker had the Twinkle, his body was completely white instead of glowing.
- Marker's voting icon is the only icon drawn on paper.
- Additionally, Marker's icon is also drawn with a purple marker.
- Marker can be seen without his cap in "Don't Dig Straight Down" and "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?".
- As a recommended character, he had a fine point tip, but now he has a chisel tip.
- Marker's BFB design appears to be based off that of a Crayola marker.
- He has a distinct voice characterized by "exaggerated mouth movements" according to Cary.
- It's revealed in TPOT 1 that his ink is washable.
Click here to view the gallery.
BFB 16: Bell • Eraser • Foldy • Fries • Marker • Puffball • Yellow Face
|Death P.A.C.T. Again|