|“||Don't call me Needy!||”|
— Needle, whenever someone calls her Needy
In Battle for Dream Island, Needle competed on team Squashy Grapes until she was eliminated in "Puzzling Mysteries" with 12 votes. She had used a Win Token, cutting her votes down to 6, but she was still eliminated and placed 19th overall.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Official Character Guide biography
- 4 Abilities
- 5 Coverage
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Votes
- 8 People who have called her Needy
- 9 Deaths
- 10 Kills
- 11 Trivia
- 12 Gallery
- 13 See also
- 14 References
Needle appears to be a sewing needle. She is very tall, thin, and is light gray-colored.
- Needle has a light grey outline and shade.
- Her outline and shade is darker with a purplish tint.
BFB 11-TPOT 1
- She turned CGI due to eating the Photo Cake that Leafy gave her.
Similar to Ice Cube, Needle is a relatively quiet and vengeful character. She is mainly known for her irritable behavior whenever someone calls her "Needy". She will slap anyone who says the word, sometimes when it isn't directed at her. Needle has never specified why she dislikes being called "Needy", but it's likely because the word needy is defined as "lacking the necessities of life; very poor".
When she isn't referred to by her nickname, Needle can be kind, approachable, and supportive towards her friends and teammates. She is also very competitive and often strives to excel in challenges. So much so that she accidentally created a star from just a cake-baking contest. She is also a fast runner amongst the contestants and won four consecutive challenges (from BFB 11 to BFB 15).
However, she does have her rude moments: in "The Glistening", she tells Firey to call her "Needy", but she slaps and votes for him to be eliminated when he does. Needle also dismissed Spongy's wish for an apology for his painful death in "It's a Monster" right after she got Yellow Face to say sorry for causing hers. She also had an attitude throughout "The Four is Lava" and "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?".
Official Character Guide biography
Needle is a sewing needle who hates being called "Needy." Most people call her that name by accident or even say the word for unrelated reasons, but the Announcer does it on purpose.
Needy is a competitive player and is a faster runner than Firey. This has never been confirmed, but we all know it's true.
Over the years, Needle has had five different voice actors... The most of any character!
Did You Know?: Needle technically has three eyes.
- Speed: Needle is on many occasions shown to be incredibly fast compared to the other contestants. In "Barriers and Pitfalls", she was the first to finish the obstacle course. In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", she finished the race up the stairs almost immediately after the contest started, while the remaining contestants spend the rest of the episode trying to get to the top. And in "The Four is Lava", she was able to run from Four to grab Coiny and run back to Four before Flower or Naily could even finish.
- Durability: Needle was able to survive crashing into her cake which grew into a star in "Bridge Crossing", which ultimately destroyed it.
- Heat resistance: Her metal body makes her immune to lava as seen in "The Four is Lava".
- Battle for Dream Island
- "Take the Plunge: Part 1"
- "Take the Plunge: Part 2"
- "Barriers and Pitfalls"
- "Are You Smarter Than a Snowball?"
- "Sweet Tooth" (does not speak)
- "Bridge Crossing"
- "Power of Three"
- "Puzzling Mysteries" (eliminated)
- "Cycle of Life"
- "Insectophobe's Nightmare"
- "Half a Loaf Is Better Than None"
- "Vomitaco" (does not speak)
- "Reveal Novum"
- "Rescission" (mentioned, only arm seen)
- "Gardening Hero"
- "The Glistening"
- "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2"
- "Return of the Hang Glider"
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom" (does not speak)
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"
- "Fortunate Ben" (does not speak)
- "Four Goes Too Far"
- "The Liar Ball You Don't Want"
- "Questions Answered" (speaks in group, does not speak)
- "This Episode Is About Basketball" (does not speak)
- "Enter the Exit"
- "Get to the Top in 500 Steps"
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?"
- "Return of the Rocket Ship" (does not speak)
- "Don't Dig Straight Down"
- "The Four is Lava"
- "The Escape from Four" (speaks in group)
- Battle for BFB
- Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
- Non-canon appearances
Battle for Dream Island
In "Take the Plunge: Part 2", Needle was chosen by Leafy to be on the Squashy Grapes team. She chooses Snowball to join the team, making Blocky tease that they're in love. Needle then angrily says that she likes Coiny more, which infuriates Snowball. During the challenge, Needle was unable to get on her team's boat and ended up using Spongy as a raft. Her team loses the challenge.
In "Barriers and Pitfalls", Needle gets zero votes and is safe. Due to being really fast, Needle gets through most the obstacle course with little difficulty, only struggling with the rock wall. She ended up getting a Win Token, as she was the first out of the obstacle course. She also used herself to get past the "find a needle in a haystack" which Firey and Teardrop were both stuck on. Needle was the only one to get to the end on her team, along with Teardrop. Together, they fill their team basket with water and win the challenge.
In "Are You Smarter Than a Snowball?", Needle participated in the third contest, a test. However, her test paper was later set on fire. This episode also marks her first slap, because Leafy said "Needy" to her.
In "Sweet Tooth", Needle hid behind a bush, watching the Announcer with Leafy. She slaps Leafy for calling her "Needy", and Leafy suggests that they dismantle the Announcer to find out exactly what he is. Leafy runs up to the Announcer, but Needle stays behind in the bush. Later on during the challenge, Needle made a yeast cake that ended up separating from Earth, causing wind storms in the next episode. While we don't see the judges' individual scorings for her cake, she ended up placing seventh with 18 points.
During the stinger, she and Leafy are looking up at her cake in the sky, which had separated from Earth. Leafy tells her that it's pretty big, but also calls her "Needy" again, causing her to slap Leafy.
In "Bridge Crossing", Leafy yells at Needle for causing the storm with her cake. She slaps her for calling her "needy", so Leafy sternly tells her to calm down, calling her "needy" several times in the process. They get into a slap fight, which causes Leafy to slap Needle into the wind and get blown away. Snowball sees this and says that she deserved it since she's the one who made the cake.
She ends up flying into space and hitting her cake, popping it and ending the storms. During Cake at Stake, Needle falls back down from space and lands on Bubble, popping her. Match is grossed out at the sight of a needle and Pencil says that she loves "needies", prompting Needle to slap her. Announcer ends up noticing that she's there, and flings her back to her team.
During the challenge, Leafy tells her that the bridge doesn't look very strong and that she can't see the bottom of the gorge. Needle, along with Ice Cube and Leafy, attempts to cross the second bridge. Snowball throws Golf Ball at the bridge while they are walking across, however, and they all fall.
In "Power of Three", Needle is grouped with Coiny and Ice Cube for the challenge. While running to the first island, Coiny and Needle realize that Ice Cube isn't with them. They both reach the first island and decide to wait for her. She also slaps Coiny for calling her "Needy". When Ice Cube returns, Coiny says that they'll need a team leader, to which Needle doesn't argue.
The first safe her team checks contains a raft to get to the next island, putting them in the lead. Needle then helps Coiny stack the blocks to get the key. Again, they are the first team to advance, and they paddle to the final island. However, their key doesn't work and they have to paddle back to the second island.
The next key they grab doesn't work once again, so they go back to obtain the third key. Once they reach the island, they try their key and it works, but Snowball pushes them out of the way and places ahead of them, causing Needle's team to lose.
At Cake at Stake, the Announcer asks her if she wants to use her Win Token, to which she responds yes. As Coiny was interrupting him, Announcer jumps next to Coiny and says "Needy", getting Needle to slap him. It is then revealed that Needle received 12 votes, and even though her Win Token cut that down to 6, it was still higher than Coiny's 5, eliminating her. Coiny then asks her why she doesn't like being called "Needy", but before she can answer, she is flung by the Sender Scoop Thrower to the Tiny Loser Chamber.
In "Cycle of Life", Needle is given a chance to rejoin. In her audition, she slaps the Announcer for calling her "Needy".
In "Insectophobe's Nightmare", Needle slapped Announcer for calling her "Needy". She failed to rejoin at 7 votes, just 1 vote less than Blocky.
In "Half a Loaf Is Better Than None", she failed to rejoin at 12 loaves of bread. She and Golf Ball later drown in the loaves of bread.
In "Vomitaco", Teardrop is dumped back into the TLC, along with all of the bread.
In "Reveal Novum", Needle can be seen when Match realizes there's no way out of the TLC. She can also be seen gasping as the sun begins to rise the TLC out of the lake.
In "Rescission", she slaps Ice Cube from the TLC when she calls her "Needy".
In "Gardening Hero", Needle is given another chance to rejoin. In her audition, she slaps the Announcer several times for calling her "Needy".
In "The Glistening", Firey asks Needle if she's going to vote for him to be eliminated. She says no, but tells him to call her "Needy", which he does. She then slaps and votes for him, and gets Teardrop to vote him out alongside her. Later on, she only receives 103 votes to rejoin, placing her third. The Announcer calls her "Needy" and jumps back before Needle can slap him, causing her to fling herself around like a boomerang until she lands back in the TLC.
In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2", Needle can be seen in the TLC when Blocky says that he heard that BFDI is cancelled. She and the other eliminated contestants are then eaten by Bugs. She cheers when the TLC is teleported away, only for it to reappear, trapping everyone again.
In "Return of the Hang Glider", Pin asks her if she votes for Leafy as well, but calls her "Needy", compelling Needle to slap her. She then tells Pin that she wants Firey to win instead, causing Pin, Eraser, Flower, Snowball, Blocky, Coiny, and Woody to slap her. When Firey is choosing who to let on to Dream Island, he chooses Needle fourth since she was the only person to vote for him to win, telling her that he appreciated that. She doesn't do much afterward besides appearing idle in the background.
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", Needle makes it into the competition with 489 votes to join. Needle's favorite screen is revealed to be a large circle with a smaller circle on the inside. Her team of 19 easily beats the other team of only 3.
In "Get Digging", numerous clones of Needle laugh at W.O.A.H. Bunch as they walk to Cake at Stake. Needle goes with Gelatin, Puffball, Book, Ice Cube, and Spongy to get yoyleberries for her team in the challenge. Along the way however, Gelatin pushes Ice Cube, Spongy, and Book off since there isn't enough room. After a long flight they make it and start collecting berries. Leafy suddenly teleports out of no where and says "I'm glad that I'm not too needy", making Needle slap her. Leafy gets frustrated and throws knives at the bunch. Gelatin then supplies her with acid spitballs to disintegrate Leafy, but she dodges all of them. Even angrier, Leafy throws more knives which follow them all the way back to Goiky, ultimately piercing Team No-Name's stew bowl. They lose the challenge however, due to the large amount of ingredients used for the stew.
In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 3", Needle receives 223 likes, not enough for the prize. She is safe with 67 dislikes, the 4th least. Coiny persuades Needle to switch from Team No-Name to W.O.A.H. Bunch by threatening to call her "Needy, three times, in a row". After sweating and worrying about it for a bit, Needle complies, much to Fries' exasperation. During the challenge, Pin says that she thinks they have killed about half of the bugs. Needle replies with "Yeah!" They end up losing after Teardrop and Coiny have been poisoned and when the other team has blown up all of their bugs with Bomby.
In "Zeeky Boogy Doog", she receives 372 likes and 210 dislikes, the least dislikes out of her team. After Teardrop gets eliminated, Coiny says he's "surrounded by pins and needles". Pin and Needle slap him after Pin corrects him, saying a pin and a needle. Coiny asks why she did that when she didn't call him "Needy", making her slap him again. For the challenge, they go for a farm-themed island and only win when Coiny destroys Team No-Name's island with Bomby.
In "Get in the Van", Needle is first seen sitting with Coiny when the Puffball Speaker Box is suddenly hit by a knife. It then starts barfing rainbows on them, making Needle run off. Needle asks where Yoyle Mountain is when the challenge wheel says to get to the summit of said mountain. Coiny tells her it's in Yoyleland which is 2,763 miles away. Her team is forced to walk to Yoyleland since they have no other methods of traveling.
In "No More Snow!", Yellow Face asks how much further it is to Yoyle Mountain. Needle gets excited after thinking it's only 70 feet away after reading it on a tablet. Coiny corrects her, saying that she has it set to Evil Canyon, and then shows that Yoyle City is actually 2,761 miles away. Needle's team, W.O.A.H. Bunch, fall into Evil Canyon, and Needle balances on a spike while all of her team members balance on top of her, trying not to fall into the spikes. After using Spongy to avoid getting impaled, Needle slaps everyone to get them out of the canyon. However, this leaves her with no way of getting out herself. Yellow Face then burns her alive afterward so they could recover her later.
In "It's a Monster", Needle is recovered by Yellow Face, along with Pin and Spongy, and the team continues walking. Needle tells Yellow Face to apologize for her death and he does. Needle's team recovers Puffball, and Needle tries to threaten Puffball into flying their team to Yoyleland by repeatedly claiming they'll call her "Puffy". It doesn't work, and Puffball recovers Gelatin, and has him freeze Needle and the rest of her team.
In "The Long-lost Yoyle City", Needle unfreezes and asks Pin what she's doing. Pin says that she was wondering what would happen if they put Coiny and Nickel's frozen bodies next to each other. Needle says there's no "point" waiting and Pin agrees and pushes Coiny on top of Nickel. This causes a portal to form that shoots out dollars and coins. Later, Coiny is curious about how they just found a random sack of money. Needle tries to explain what they did but Pin tells her to be quiet. Needle later spots Yellow Face, who is glued to the ground. They have Yellow Face die so they can recover him later. After Coiny activates the FreeSmart SuperVan's magnet, it attracts Needle, so everyone holds onto her. She gets herself off the magnet and recovers Yellow Face. Her team reaches the summit second and is safe.
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Needle is first seen with Pin, who is worried about how her blueberry seeds are fast-growing. When Four arrives, Needle is horrified when Pillow tries smothering them, only to die. When forming the teams, Firey wants Loser to join his team of Coiny, Pin, and Needle. However, Eggy, Clock, and Cake also want to be on a team with him. Needle begins to suggest that they could all be on the same team, but Loser cuts her off and says just that. During the challenge, the basket lands on some of the team members, Needle included. She attempts to lift it up but it's too heavy.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", she answers "Maybe" when Cake asks if they could spin their swing using Clock. After Loser explains the meaning of Daylight Savings, Clock starts spinning faster, and secures his team's safety.
In "Four Goes Too Far", Needle asks Firey who he thinks has the Twinkle now, and Firey replies, saying "Black Hole!" Coiny slaps Firey and tells him that Black Hole can't have the twinkle because he doesn't have eyes, to Needle's shock. Clock ends up getting the twinkle in the end, putting The Losers! up for elimination.
In "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", Needle is seen playing with the new toys with Nickel, Naily, and Firey Jr. During Cake at Stake, Needle is safe with 1,400 votes despite being in the quadruple digits. When Donut states that Loser's uneasiness may be because of him lying earlier on in the episode and that the viewers won't forget what he did, Needle tells him that it wouldn't apply for today. She and the rest of her team are shocked about Loser being eliminated. Later, Needle fights over the Liar Ball with Bottle, impaling Naily in the process.
In "Questions Answered", Needle listens to Pin's speech and cheers when they win the challenge.
In "This Episode Is About Basketball", Needle is only seen in a crowd shot when Donut attempts to pick the 9th contest.
In "Enter the Exit", the contestants try to bring Four back. Needle is one of the contestants Blocky uses to stack in a sculpture of Four. When Firey extracts the essence of Four in a syringe from Donut, and is about to squirt it out in the shape of a 4, Needle interrupts, suggesting someone more dexterous should do it.
In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", Needle accepts Leafy's cake and eats it eagerly, much to Cake's horror. She is later chosen by her team to run up the 500-step staircase and reaches the top first, securing her team safety. She reappears in the stinger with Pin and Teardrop, where her body turns CGI as an effect of the Photo Cake, similarly to when someone eats Yoylecake and turns into Yoyle Metal.
In "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", Coiny asks Needle what happened to her, referring to her CGI look. She tells him that she thinks it's because of the cake that Leafy gave her in the previous episode. Coiny asks Leafy if it's true, to which Leafy exclaims that she didn't know it would do this. Pin then dramatically asks Needle how long this "hideous transformation" has befallen her. However, she points out that Pin was there, and then states that she is the impostor. She was correct, as Pin turned out to be Lightning, making The Losers! safe.
In "Don't Dig Straight Down", when Gelatin turns in Golf Ball's emerald, Needle decides to do the same thing, declaring The Losers! safe.
In "The Four is Lava", Needle sits on the roof of the bathroom with Ice Cube, Taco, and Leafy. She tells Leafy to mind her own business when she tries to give Taco advice but accidentally pushes her off the roof. When the contest begins, she pushes Leafy off the roof so that Firey can carry her and then jumps in the lava. Because Leafy and Firey are arguing she has to drag Firey by the hand in order for them to keep moving. When the lava has drained, she carries Firey, Leafy, and later Coiny to Four, making The Losers! safe from elimination. In the stinger, Needle's team shows that they all forgot about Clock missing when he's recovered.
Battle for BFB
Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
In "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?", Needle joins Coiny and Pin in teaming up with Donut. She is later seen talking in the argument about their team's name. When the challenge starts, she knocks Bottle over as she runs to the building. When Coiny thinks of a plan, she irritably says "Finally!". She is then used by Barf Bag to climb up the building, lining up with how she poked through Income Tax Return Document's room in "Uprooting Everything".
- Main article: Needle/Relationships
|7||12 (6 after Win Token) (eliminated)|
|9||7 (to rejoin)|
|21||103 (to rejoin)|
|1||489 (joined BFDIA)|
|3||223 likes, 67 dislikes|
|4||372 likes, 210 dislikes|
|1,689 (1,683 counting the use of her win token)||595||2,883|
People who have called her Needy
- Main article: Needle/Slaps
|Character||Number of times||Episodes|
|Leafy||7||"Are You Smarter Than a Snowball?"|
"Sweet Tooth" (twice)
"Bridge Crossing" (three times)
|Coiny||4||"Power of Three"|
"Half a Loaf Is Better Than None" (offscreen)
"Zeeky Boogy Doog"
"No More Snow!"
|Announcer||10||"Power of Three"|
"Puzzling Mysteries" (three times)
"Cycle of Life"
"Gardening Hero" (four times)
|Pin||4||"Insectophobe's Nightmare" (only in a picture)|
"Return of the Hang Glider"
"Insectophobe's Nightmare 3"
"The Long-lost Yoyle City"
|Yellow Face||2||"No More Snow!" (twice)|
|Bomby||1||"No More Snow!"|
|Nickel||1||"No More Snow!"|
|Golf Ball||2||"Welcome Back" (twice)|
In total; she has been called Needy 35 times.
Other: She allows Firey to call her Needy in "BFDI Is Back".
- "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2": Devoured by bugs.
- "No More Snow!": Burns to death when Yellow Face throws a flamethrower at her.
- "Thanks for 20,000 subscribers! (Last BFDI)": Turns into Pin when combined with Ruby.
- "If Among Us Was a BFDI Challenge": Sucked into Black Hole.
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Bubble||2||"Are You Smarter Than a Snowball?"|
"Bridge Crossing" (along with Leafy)
|Rocky||1||"The Long-lost Yoyle City" (along with W.O.A.H. Bunch)|
|Naily||1||"The Liar Ball You Don't Want"|
- Needle is one of the two original contestants who mostly spoke with reused lines throughout BFDI and BFDIA, along with Ice Cube, due to Cary's puberty making him unable to pull off her high-pitched voice.
- Both are also the only original contestants who have been consistently voiced by people outside of the Huang twins.
- Needle, along with Ice Cube and Saw, are the only contestants who are competing in TPOT with character changes from BFB.
- Needle is one of the 7 contestants that have been in all 5 seasons of BFDI, the others are Rocky, Pin, Coiny, Ice Cube, Golf Ball, and Tennis Ball.
- Needle is the first contestant to use a Win Token.
- Needle was the first contestant to receive a 2 digit number of votes.
- Needle and Golf Ball's eliminations are extremely similar.
- Both used their Win Tokens but were still eliminated.
- Both characters had 12 votes which were brought down to 6.
- Coiny having 5 votes in both Cake at Stake ceremonies were what prevented both characters from being safe.
- Needle is the lowest ranking member of the Grapes, as Flower rejoined the game.
- Needle is one of the few original contestants who haven't competed during a merge. The others are Pin, Golf Ball, and Coiny.
- Needle, along with Woody and Pin, are the only contestants to have had a chance at returning three different times in Season 1, yet never return to the game.
- Needle is the only eliminated contestant in BFDI who was never sent to the TLC via lasers.
- Needle is the first and only contestant who has been up for elimination twice in a row in BFDIA.
- Throughout BFB 11 to 15, Needle is the direct cause of her team winning.
- Needle is one of the five contestants who technically ranked better in BFB, despite quitting, than in a previous season due to the 40 way tie for 16th place. In Needle’s case, this beats her 19th placement in BFDI. The others are Pin, Golf Ball, Donut, and Puffball.
- Needle was the 17th character made in BFDI.
- Needle was first created on July 20th, 2009.
- She is known for slapping anyone who calls her "Needy".
- It is still unknown why Needle hates being called "Needy".
- Before being sent to the Tiny Loser Chamber, she tried to explain why she didn't like being called "Needy", but the Announcer threw her out to the TLC.
- She hasn't been called "Needy" once in BFB.
- As seen in "The Glistening", she doesn't get angry if she's called "Needley".
- The catchphrase "Aw, seriously?" was originally owned by Needle, up until David's entrance in "Reveal Novum". She has said the aforementioned phrase most out of any character, excluding David.
- Needle has the most voice actors out of any character, having five, and this is confirmed by the Official Character Guide.
- The Official Character Guide also confirms that Needle's second voice actor is different than her other voice actors.
- Discounting contestants with stick bodies, Needle is the thinnest contestant after Lollipop.
- In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 3", when Needle is sweating as Coiny threatens to call her "Needy" 3 times in a row, her sweat is Teardrop's asset.
- Needle has the same sideways idle throughout the BFDI to BFB intros.
- In the TPOT intro, she is given a slightly different pose.
- Needle's name was never directly mentioned in BFB until "Get to the Top in 500 Steps".
- In "The Four is Lava", it is revealed that Needle is lava proof.
- Needle is the only contestant who didn't get an updated asset during BFDI 24-BFDIA.
Click here to view the gallery.
|BFDI 12: Blocky • Leafy • Ice Cube • Tennis Ball|
|BFDIA 6: Bomby • Coiny • Needle • Nickel • Pin • Spongy • Yellow Face|
|People in IDFB|
|FreeSmart: Book • Bubble • Ice Cube • Pencil • Ruby|
BFB 16: Cake • Clock • Coiny • Eggy • Firey • Leafy • Needle • Pin