|“||Maybe we should just give up.||”|
— Nickel, on multiple occasions
Nickel is a male contestant on Battle for Dream Island Again, IDFB, Battle for BFDI, and The Power of Two who could have joined the game in "The Reveal". He was recommended by 4 users, and 2 other accounts of Adam Katz. He placed 3rd in voting with 43 votes and lost to Bomby and David. Nickel is also called Dime (recommended by englishcreamcakes) and Quarter (recommended by BlockyCuzco/SammyShinx).
Nickel will soon be in TPOT.
Nickel is similar to the character of the same name from the object show Inanimate Insanity. While confirmed to not be the same character, they have a similar design, personality, and share a voice actor.
Nickel appears to be a nickel. His main body is silver, and his shading is slate.
BFDI 12 / BFDI 14
- Nickel is named "Quarter."
- Quarter's outlines are loosely drawn.
- Quarter is renamed to "Dime."
- Dime has arms.
- Dime has a more purple-ish tint.
BFDI 17 (Debut)
- Dime is renamed "Nickel".
- Nickel loses his arms.
- When everyone tells Pin to switch, Nickel's outlines are neater.
- During the contest, he regains his loosely drawn outlines.
- When Nickel is digging, he has his neater outlines.
- Nickel regains his loosely drawn outlines.
- Nickel regains his neater outlines.
- Nickel now has a shade on his top and bottom.
- Nickel is a much lighter gray.
- Nickel is now orange.
- Nickel is gray again.
Over the series, Nickel has had various changes made to his character.
In BFB, Nickel seems to be far more spastic than in previous seasons, sometimes spouting nonsensical sayings and phrases. He also cannot easily tell when someone's being sarcastic.
However, Nickel becomes more cynical and unamused after "This Episode Is About Basketball", believing that they won't be able to win challenges and not having as much fun on the show as he did previously. However, his erratic, fun side prevails every once in a while.
Official Character Guide biography
Nickel is a worrier and often doesn't believe in himself. He often suggests giving up, and he is always complaining about how hard things are. Interestingly. He once used to be the exact opposite, always saying "I just know I'M going to win!" He once believed that he would become "the new Coiny", but that dream has since faded.
Due to economic inflation, Nickel is currently worth six cents, and he is forecasted to hit seven in just a few years.
You Don't Say!: Nickel has a way with words! Some of his favorites are:
- Dab it, my boyonocerus!
- Oobily goobily weezer beezers!
- Holy roly poly crawling in my guacamole!
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom"
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"
- "Today's Very Special Episode" (flashback)
- "Fortunate Ben"
- "Four Goes Too Far"
- "The Liar Ball You Don't Want" (does not speak)
- "Questions Answered" (does not speak)
- "This Episode Is About Basketball"
- "Enter the Exit"
- "Get to the Top in 500 Steps" (does not speak)
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?"
- "Return of the Rocket Ship"
- "Don't Dig Straight Down"
- "The Escape from Four" (speaks in group)
Battle for Dream Island
In his joining audition in "Reveal Novum", he says, with an uncharacteristically deeper voice, that he is the "New Coiny" and holds a sign saying "To do list: Replace Coiny". In this episode, he has arms.
In "A Leg Up in the Race", he is named Quarter and was recommended by BlockyCuzco.
Battle for Dream Island Again
At the beginning of "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", Nickel is confirmed to join BFDIA, getting 892 votes, the second most votes out of all the contestants, only exceeded by Rocky (with 1,008 votes). Nickel originally goes with the new contestants, but shortly afterward switches to the team with season 1 competitors. He also tells Pin to switch teams, and she does end up switching.
Nickel doesn't do too much in "Get Digging". When Match asks if her bowl is big enough for the contests, Nickel replies, "Nowhere near, but mine is!" But his bowl is still too small, and an even bigger bowl, designed by Golf Ball, is used instead. Later, Nickel digs underground after Fries demands him to find the ingredients underground.
In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 3", Nickel's team lost the last episode, so they all walk to Cake at Stake. After seeing the multiple Coinies, Pins, and Teardrops, Nickel asks "Where are these guys coming from? This is getting out of control!"
Nickel doesn't receive the prize, however, he is not eliminated either, as he gets the 10th slice of cake. After Dora is eliminated, they enter the challenge, in which they have to destroy the most bugs. Nickel comes up with an idea to use Bomby to kill the bugs. Gelatin and Firey agree and go with Nickel's plan. Firey ignites Bomby, Bomby explodes, and they win the challenge.
In "Zeeky Boogy Doog", Nickel is first seen when Puffball Speaker Box asks him to get Gelatin, Book, Tennis Ball, and Firey off of the Eiffel Tower. He declares it to be too long and far away up, so Pin gets them off the tower instead. Nickel tells Pin to stop shaking the tower because all four of them already fell off the tower and Pin is shaking it for no reason.
Nickel later asks Gelatin if he has more anti-poison, which Gelatin answers by telling him that he only has enough anti-poison to revive one person. Nickel tells him that Teardrop should be revived since she has to spin the prize wheel, then Gelatin gives him the syringe with anti-poison and he uses it on Teardrop, who later eats him. Later in the episode, Nickel is revived with the brand new recovery center, thanks to Gelatin. Once Nickel is revived he revives Yellow Face.
During the challenge, Nickel participates in Golf Ball's plan. He says a few minor things throughout the episode, but in the end, they lose, and Nickel is put up for elimination along with everyone on Team No-Name.
In "Get in the Van", Nickel's team faces Cake at Stake once again. When Firey Speaker Box tells Team No-Name that the cake is Donut's corpse chopped in pieces for everyone, Nickel comments on how it is "kind of gross." The Speaker Box says that Donut was recovered, but Nickel informs the Speaker that he meant the cake was gross, not the fact that Donut is dead. Firey Speaker Box scolds Nickel for not being thankful. Nickel, however, is safe from elimination, only getting 145 dislikes, which is the 3rd least of everybody. He receives a piece of Donut's corpse.
Once the elimination is over, Pin pressures Nickel to join W.O.A.H. Bunch, but Nickel says he doesn't want to since Coiny is on her team. Coiny then tells Pin that if Nickel and he get close together, "bad things happen". Pin disregards this and forces Nickel onto her team.
In "It's a Monster", Nickel spends most of the episode arguing with Match and later tells the team that simply walking to the Yoyle Summit will take a very long time.
In "The Long-lost Yoyle City", Pin pushes Nickel into Coiny. The scene between them starts to morph, and the characters around them become extremely distorted in appearance, and money begins to rain from the sky. During the race to Yoyle Mountain, Nickel doesn't do much besides cooperating in the contest.
In "Welcome Back", he talks to Pin and notices that she lost her color. He says that her losing her color is like him losing his color, but she is confused as Nickel has always been grey. Pin then explains to Nickel how Golf Ball took her color and used it to give her a new set of limbs, and Nickel isn't seen for the rest of the episode.
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Leafy asks Nickel, Cloudy, Gaty, and 8-Ball if they want to be friends with her. Nickel quickly agrees to this. He is also surprised when Cloudy reveals that he has thirty-seven favorite numbers. When picking the teams, Leafy picks Nickel, along with Woody, Cloudy, and Rocky to be on hers as she believes they need assistance. When deciding on the team name, he agrees that the team name, which was just a bunch of whispering until it was called Beep, was perfect. When Cloudy is trying to bring the basket to X, Nickel points out that there's a big distance between the two.
In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", he becomes worried after being told that Four won't like that Roboty is missing. Nickel gets back to licking the jawbreaker until he notices Rocky doesn't have a job yet. After Balloony makes him vomit all over the jawbreaker, claiming that the "salt and vinegar" will speed up the process, Nickel is hesitant to lick it again and is fine with his job being changed. His new job is to get Woody to scream so he can reveal his tongue so Leafy can grab it to lick the jawbreaker. Woody later screams again upon seeing Roboty get crushed. Leafy thinks Nickel made this happen, but he says it wasn't him. However, Woody's tongue quickly goes back into his mouth and Nickel struggles to get him to scream again. Beep loses the challenge, but Four says that the "voters aren't safe". Relieved that they aren't last to finish, Nickel tells Woody to dab. Their celebration ends once Four and X tell them that it was a joke and one of them would be eliminated next episode. In the episode's stinger, Nickel tells David to stop licking the jawbreaker as they've already lost. Unfortunately, doing this leaves Taco stuck in the jawbreaker.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", after hearing Four singing, Nickel states that Cake at Stake is starting. He is then slapped by him because he said it wrong. When Balloony is being confronted by Four about knowing about EXIT, Nickel asks how many votes they got as a distraction. Nickel is safe and receives an earth as a prize. Because of this, he believes he is worth six cents. When Leafy, David, and Roboty are in the bottom three, he says it's down to nature, man, and machine. He thinks the team could do without the machine before being asked by Cloudy what a man is. Nickel refers to David as a man, much to Cloudy's disgust. During the challenge, the tactic that Free Food uses surprises him.
In "Today's Very Special Episode", Nickel notices that the cake they're making for Four is made out of Rocky's vomit. He says that it's gross, but he's actually referring to the cake and how it had no sprinkles, which he adds.
In "Fortunate Ben", during the challenge, Nickel is drawing until Cloudy, who was just wrapped in tape, falls on the plane and nearly makes him lose the paper. When the plane starts malfunctioning, Balloony makes a fake compliment on David's piloting, but Nickel doesn't get that it's sarcasm until Cloudy tells him. When they start falling due to weight on the plane, it takes him a few seconds to realize that his teammates' worries that they're falling isn't sarcasm. Nickel suggests for them to aim the plane for the cliff to delay impact, but is told by the others they'd be first to hit the ground and lose the challenge if they did. Despite their efforts, they end up hitting the cliff and are up for elimination.
In "Four Goes Too Far", Nickel is safe at Cake At Stake again and is turned orange as a prize. Upon hearing that David and Roboty are non-objects, he asks if Four is implying that he's just an object. Four thinks this is criticism and is about to zap him until A Better Name Than That multiply him using Donut and X, much to Nickel's relief. Nickel is one of the characters to get the Twinkle of Contagion but lose it quickly while the characters are arranged in the shape of a heart.
In "This Episode Is About Basketball", after seeing Puffball eat the cakes meant for Foldy and Bell, Nickel says for her to leave some for him. She throws up what's left of the cake, which is followed by him thanking her. During the challenge, Nickel thinks they should just give up after seeing Woody scared to throw the ball. When it's down to Beep and Death P.A.C.T. to finish the challenge and the members of Death Pact start throwing balls, Nickel thinks they've lost. He is happy to see that Woody landed a ball in the basket, however, Beep still loses because Death Pact threw multiple balls into their baskets, while Beep only threw one. Nickel is told by X to pay more attention to the challenge rules next time, but he says his rules were kind of hard to follow.
In "Enter the Exit", during Cake At Stake, X excitedly asks if Beep is sitting. Nickel monotonously replies with yes. He is the third safe. When it's between Rocky and David, X asks if they are scared, with Nickel replying that he is a little bored.
In "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", Nickel attempts to scare Woody with a fork to figure out if he is the impostor or not. Balloony yells at him to not to stab Woody, to which Nickel replies he wasn't going to, but now they know he's real since he screamed in response. Balloony ignores this and still attempts to wrestle the fork from Nickel. The fork flies in the air and lands on Balloony, popping him. In response, "Rocky" exclaims that the popping was loud. Due to Rocky never talking, Nickel immediately points out Rocky as the impostor.
In "Return of the Rocket Ship", Nickel falls with the rest of . Later, he agrees that Balloony is an airhead. When Rocky barfs, Nickel tells Woody to "tongue it".
In "Don't Dig Straight Down", Nickel is glad that Rocky's vomit got them out of that dungeon and that the fall would be smooth. Balloony disagrees with Nickel. In response, Nickel asks what he meant. Cloudy is scared that they will disintegrate, but Nickel does not know why he feels that way and points out he can fly, now that his bandages are gone. Cloudy realizes it and Nickel tells others to grab onto Cloudy.
Later, when Nickel sees Naily failing, he isn’t concerned about her. Instead, he asks about the heat and notices the lava above them and tells Cloudy to turn around. When they are trapped, Cloudy says they need to get Rocky to barf, to which Balloony replied that his stomach is empty. Nickel suggests Rocky gets a refill. Balloony misinterprets it and assumes Nickel volunteered to be eaten by Rocky. Nickel tries to correct Balloony but gets eaten by Rocky anyway.
- Main article: Nickel/Relationships
|18||43 (to join)|
|1||892 (joined BFDIA)|
|3||207 likes, 131 dislikes|
|5a||273 likes, 145 dislikes|
- "Half a Loaf Is Better Than None": Walks into a vat of hydrochloric acid.
- "Reveal Novum": Is crushed in the LOL by the sun.
- "Zeeky Boogy Doog":
- "Don't Dig Straight Down": Eaten by Rocky.
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Balloony||1||"What Do You Think of Roleplay?"|
- Nickel's favorite screen, as seen in "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", is a smiley face.
- As seen in "The Long-lost Yoyle City", when he and Coiny are near each other, a hole is formed and various coins and dollar bills explode out of the hole.
- Nickel got into season two with the second-highest number of votes: 892. The only competitor to beat him was Rocky, with 1,008 votes.
- Nickel was the first armless contestant to switch to W.O.A.H. Bunch, as the second to do so was Yellow Face and the third was Spongy.
- This excludes Pin, as she originally had arms when she first switched to W.O.A.H. Bunch.
- Nickel makes several references to BFDI:
- This includes his catchphrase "Well! I just know I'm going to win!" from "Reveal Novum".
- In "Welcome Back", he says that Pin lost her color just like him. This could mean that he used to be a coin and then lost his color to make him look like a nickel.
- It could also be seen as a reference to how he said he would be the new Coiny.
- Nickel has a different, much deeper voice in "The Reveal".
- In "Getting Teardrop to Talk" his body appearance changes, looking more realistic.
- He is the first character to have a line not spoken by either Michael or Cary Huang, as he is voiced by Adam Katz.
- He is also one of the 30 recommended characters in BFDI 18.
- Nickel is the only BFDIA character on Beep.
- Excluding David, Nickel is the only contestant on Beep whose name doesn't end in a y.
- Nickel and Cake are the only two contestants in BFB to receive the same number of votes at an elimination, with 826 votes each.
- Nickel is one of the two contestants who died in a way other than being exposed to lava in "Don't Dig Straight Down", the other is Bomby. Although Bomby's fuse was exposed to the lava.
- If this fact is considered, Nickel is the only contestant whose death had nothing to do with lava.
- Nickel has been eaten by contestants twice, those being Teardrop and Rocky.
- Nickel is one of the characters to have their inanimate counterparts to be in Cake at Stake(Which was used in BFDI 15). The second was Salt Lamp, where his inanimate counterpart was used in the "How Loe Can You Grow?" Cake at Stake.
Click here to view the gallery.
- ↑ https://thetgrodzblog.tumblr.com/post/182380354941/is-nickel-in-inanimate-insanity-the-same-nickel-in
|BFDIA 6: Firey • Tennis Ball • Rocky • Golf Ball • Gelatin • Fries|
| BFDIA 6: Bomby • Coiny • Needle • Nickel • Pin • Spongy • Yellow Face|
|People in IDFB|
|FreeSmart: Book • Bubble • Ice Cube • Pencil • Ruby|