|“||Whatever. You win some, you lose some.||”|
— Pie, Getting Teardrop to Talk
Pie is a female contestant on Battle for BFDI. She was one of the 30 recommended characters in The Reveal and Reveal Novum. Along with Remote and Grassy, Pie only received 7 votes, which in turn placed them at 16th and she was sent into the Locker of Losers.
There is another similar recommended character called Pie Man (recommended by Flykydfly) in "Half a Loaf Is Better Than None".
In the audition tape, as well as in "Bowling, Now With Explosions!", Pie is seen to be an explosive blueberry pie, and she was used as a cake at Cake at Stake. As shown in "Getting Teardrop to Talk", all blueberries in BFDI are explosive.
Pie's IDFB redesign features a light gray tin, and less of her pie crust is showing, which lost its detail. In addition, her face now switched to the pie crust, which was previously on the plate. She got 110 votes, tying with 8-Ball and Marker. 
- Pie has shading.
- Pie's tin is dark gray.
- Pie has 3 visible holes.
- Pie's crust is a lighter brown and tin is a lighter gray.
- Pie's face is on her crust instead of her tin.
- Pie now has only two visible holes.
- Pie's crust loses its detail.
- Pie is now drawn with a puffy/fat cheek next to her mouth.
Pie has a very mellow and relaxed personality, despite the fact that she explodes frequently for seemingly no reason. She could also be described as apathetic, showing no strong opinion towards losing a tic-tac-toe game, having Black Hole and Liy on her team, or even nearly being eliminated. She shows mild disappointment when finding out that Black Hole can't push anything. Despite this, she is excited at Loser's appearance, as her head (quite literally) exploded in "Getting Teardrop to Talk" when she saw him. Her apathy could result from her tendency to explode when feeling strong emotion.
She's shown to be very smart and faithful to the main objective of her team in later episodes, when she got mad at Remote when realizing she sent a bomb to the moon in "Enter the Exit", and when she, along with Black Hole, used a death preventing strategy to win in "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", also preventing Flower from killing her like she did a couple of minutes before. She also gets uncharacteristically angry when Taco (disguised as Tree) shatters Bottle in "What Do You Think of Roleplay?".
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- Welcome Back (cameo)
- Battle for BFDI
- Getting Teardrop to Talk
- Lick Your Way to Freedom
- Why Would You Do This on a Swingset
- Today's Very Special Episode (voting screen only)
- Fortunate Ben
- Four Goes Too Far
- The Liar Ball You Don't Want
- Questions Answered (does not speak)
- This Episode is About Basketball
- Enter the Exit
- Get to the Top in 500 Steps
- What Do You Think of Roleplay?
- Return of the Rocket Ship
- Don't Dig Straight Down (arms only)
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Pie is first seen playing tic-tac-toe with Cake, though she lost. Pie didn't mind, however. When Loser appears, Pie is seen in the crowd, where she exploded from excitement. Later, when Flower calls upon Black Hole, Pie is seen being sucked towards him along with the Pie Recovery Center. After Four appears, Pie suggests that Liy should try squishing him to find out what he is. When the teams start forming, Snowball asks if Pie has killed anyone, to which she responds that she hasn't. While this turns away Snowball, it intrigues Liy and Black Hole, who join Pie in order to learn from her. Throughout the rest of the episode, Pie is either absent or simply lounging in the background.
In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", Pie is seen inspecting one of the jawbreakers Black Hole sliced, though she finds no one inside.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", Pie appears in the cold open, where she is stabbed by one of Gelatin's thrown forks, causing her to explode. Before the challenge starts, Pie is quickly revived by Four. During the challenge, Pie is apparently disappointed that Black Hole can't push anything.
In "This Episode Is About Basketball", Pie suggests an easy answer to the challenge, so Pen proceeds to throw many balls into Black Hole, but it has no effect. The whole team, except for Tree, Bottle, and Black Hole do the challenge normally and get 7th place.
In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", she is chosen by her team to climb the stairs. When the challenge begins, she pushes Flower aside to make her way up, telling Flower to "move it or lose it". Pie's trek upwards goes smoothly until Flower uses Pie as a propulsion device, exploiting her explosive habit in order to fly up the steps. This kills Pie, and by the time Tree is able to get Four to recover her, only her and Flower have yet to press the button. This puts Pie behind Flower on the steps, and in order to prevent her own death, Pie walks up slowly with no attempt to pass Flower, much to Remote's frustration. However, Pie purposely falls off the steps and utilizes Black Hole's gravitational pull to launch herself to the button, saving her team from elimination, much to the dismay of Flower.
In "Return of the Rocket Ship", Pie follows her team to the Evil Canyon in search of X's treasure, but is stopped by Black Hole, who reminds them of their mission to prevent death, that if they fall into the Evil Canyon, they would fall to their death, and Pillow's death. Pie flutters her arms, disappointing Black Hole. Later, Pie realizes that the team should be caring about Pillow and stops fluttering her arms. She and her team go into Four's mouth.
Official Character Guide biography
Kaboom! Why is Pie always exploding? She's a blueberry pie, and in BFDI, blueberries are explosive. She'll detonate when her emotions get the best of her, or when a fork lands on her, to name a few causes.
Pie is mellow and laid-back, even though she's explosive. She can be easygoing about many things, and can contort herself in all sorts of weird positions, bending her arms and legs in unnatural ways.
Did You Know?: Pie knows all of the digits of pi. All of them.
- Main article: Pie/Relationships
- "Half a Loaf Is Better Than None": Walks into a vat of hydrochloric acid.
- "Bowling, Now with Explosions!": Is cut into slices by the Announcer.
- "The Reveal": Explodes herself.
- "Reveal Novum": Is crushed by the sun along with the other recommended characters in the LOL.
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk": Explodes from excitement over seeing Loser.
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset": Explodes when a fork is thrown at her by Gelatin.
- "Get to the Top in 500 Steps": Exploded and thrown by Flower.
- She is one of the 8 food contestants, the others are Fries, Donut, Gelatin, Cake, Lollipop, Eggy, and Taco.
- According to "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Pie has never killed anyone.
- Pie's voice has been perceived as inherently masculine by fans until Satomi Hinatsu showed that Pie was in thegirls.txt.
- Satomi has also stated her voice was similar to Lumpy Space Princess from the 2010 American animated show, Adventure Time.
- A male cherry flavored version of her, named Pie Man, makes an appearance in "Half a Loaf Is Better Than None".
- In "This Episode Is About Basketball", it is revealed that Pie uses her left hand to throw.
- Pie is the first contestant to not appear in the episode in which her team lost (not counting the intro or voting screen).
- Pie is currently the only non-classic contestant to have her own recovery center.
- Pie may be a reference to or inspired by the SpongeBob Squarepants episode "Dying For Pie", where the character Squidward gives SpongeBob an explosive pie.
- Early in BFB, Pie's puffy/fat cheek was occasionally seen. She gained it permanently in "Today's Very Special Episode".
Click here to view the gallery.
- ↑ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13dUHjWwflvXt2cuW-oGNV29z6XK3KunzWfHPonZoX0M/edit#gid=1397548773
| BFDI contestants|