|“||What are you talking about? There's six of us left!||”|
— Profily, "The Hidden Contestant"
Profily is a recommended character and a contestant who allegedly competed in Battle for BFB. They resemble a default YouTube profile picture. In "The Hidden Contestant", they debuted in the game and were eliminated shortly after; their elimination was made into the episode's challenge. They claim that they have been part of BFDI since the very beginning. It is not confirmed if these claims are true, although Announcer and themselves do recognize each other in B.F.B. = Back From Beginning, as they nicknamed him "Announcery Forfouncery" and he calls them by their main nickname and does not ask who they are. This may possibly mean their claims are true.
Profily resembles the default profile picture that used to be given to new YouTube channels and Google accounts, but with arms and legs. Their design is based on the old default profile picture used on YouTube, which showed an outline of a person on a blue background.
- Profily was originally named Profile Picture.
- Profile Picture is poorly drawn and is a picture of Firey and Coiny on a black background, because that was the profile picture of their recommender.
- Profile Picture has no limbs.
- Profile Picture is now drawn smoothly, and their black background is changed to gray.
- Profile Picture gains limbs.
- Profile Picture is a blue default YouTube icon.
- Profile Picture is renamed Profily.
Some alleged changes were also shown in "The Hidden Contestant":
- Profily's shading is loose.
- The figure in Profily's asset is overlapped above their outline.
- Profily's shading is improved to be more reflective.
- The outline is above the figure and slightly transparent.
- Profily's outline is slightly darker.
Profily is mainly calm but easily excitable. They are also very skilled, as they were able to complete every contest Four gave them faster than any other contestant. Profily also has a tendency to interrupt people, like when they interrupted Four before he could tell the other contestants what the challenge was in "The Hidden Contestant". They also like to give cute nicknames to others, like calling Donut “Donutty” and Announcer “Announcery Forfouncery”
- Speed: As seen in "The Hidden Contestant", Profily can climb up extremely tall mountains, dig super deep holes, and kill numerous bugs in just under a second.
- Running on electricity: (non-canon) As seen in "If X-MAS in Among Us was BFDI Challenge", Profily does not need oxygen because they run on electricity.
- Battle for BFB
- Non-canon appearances
- Claimed appearances
Battle for BFB
Profily first appeared as Profile Picture in the credits roll of recommended characters in "Who Stole Donut's Diary?". In this appearance, they were poorly drawn, and had a design depicting Firey and Coiny on them.
Profile Picture appeared once again in the credits roll of recommended characters in "Fashion For Your Face!", this time being a higher-quality recommended character, and also gaining limbs.
In "The Hidden Contestant", they appear after Woody's elimination, after Four says that the game is down to its final five contestants. Profily then randomly appears, correcting Four; they ask if Four meant the final six to include them. Four says that he did not mean that, and Profily rebutes him, saying that there are obviously six contestants left, including them. Four is frustrated by this, and asks who they are. Profile Picture then introduces themselves as Profily, and proclaims they are the audience's favourite contestant. They then go up to Gelatin to ask if he recognizes them, who sheepishly feigns remembering Profily. Four then asks the remaining contestants if they actually remember Profily, with all of them, except for Teardrop, who cannot speak, saying that they do not remember them at all.
Profily is shocked by this, and wants everyone to remember the "funny adventures" they had together. A flashback sequence starts, with the first flashback starting with an event preceding the events of "Sweet Tooth", where Profily shows Announcer a "tie breaker", ripping a necktie in half in the event of a tiebreaker. Announcer liked the pun Profily made. Profily then asks Announcer not to steal it, out of fear that it would be something he would become known for; Announcer shrugs them off. This is followed by flashbacks to "Return of the Hang Glider", where Profily is present at the finale, but got zero votes to win. In "Get Digging", Profily supposedly interjects during Coiny's name suggestion for W.O.A.H. Bunch, by saying that they are a ray of sunshine and everybody loves them. Neither Pin, Donut, nor Coiny acknowledge Profily or their suggestion. In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 3", Profily shows off their flamethrower to Puffball Speaker Box. They then try to kill the fireproof bugs with it, but Puffball Speaker Box says that this will probably do nothing. In "The Escape from Four", they are off-screen at the Final 14 screen. The camera then pans to accommodate Profily. Finally, in "The Tweested Temple", they apparently find the last totem for the challenge. Lollipop figures out that they were the reason everyone waited 73 days for Flower to find a rock. Four is still not convinced, however. Profily responds that it is easy to forget them, but that they are even in the intro, and starts it by raising their arm.
Afterwards, Four decides that Profily is a legitimate contestant and allows them to compete. When Four tries to start the next contest, however, Profily interrupts by accidentally talking over him. Four tries to start the contest again but Profily sings, cutting him off. After talking with X, Four starts making up unreasonable challenges on the fly so that Profily can lose, from climbing the tallest mountain in the valley, digging the deepest hole, killing bugs, and looking the most like a leaf, all of which Profily succeeds in doing. Four decides that this is not a good strategy to get rid of Profily, has them place 6th overall, and snaps them to the BRB. However, the remaining contestants all grab hold of Profily, unanimously agreeing that their elimination is unfair. Leafy suggests that they throw Profily a party since they all went so long without noticing them. This makes Four furious since the contestants were willing to throw a party for someone they just met, over Four who once made it a challenge to throw him one and only two contestants actually did so. After Four finishes his tirade, he makes the challenge for the contestants to eliminate Profily by taking them to the BRB.
Leafy starts the contest by grabbing Profily, but Teardrop snatches them away. Leafy attempts to gain Profily again as Teardrop carries them to the BRB. In this scene, Leafy calls Profily 'Profily'. However, Profily states that only their friends call them Profily, and that Leafy should refer to them as "Profile Picture", much to Leafy's shock. Teardrop then walks up the BRB with Profily. Teardrop arrives to where Lollipop and Flower are. Lollipop asks Teardrop to hand over Profily but she refuses. Lollipop has no issue with this since Teardrop brought Profily up there herself and should get to continue. Profily angrily asks if they have a say in any of this. Flower then tackles Teardrop, causing them both and Profily to fall to the ground. Profily rejoices that they are free from Teardrop's clutches. After some convincing from Gelatin, X snaps Profily to the BRB. As they rise, Flower, Teardrop, and Lollipop grab hold of them. The Carrot Cakes remove everyone from Profily and then drop them, leaving just Leafy, who is by the aloe vera garden. She grabs hold of Profily and gets them in the garden.
In "B.F.B. = Back From Beginning", Profily is released from the BRB and says hello to the Announcer, who greets them back. During the challenge, Loser and Profily are posted at the 26th challenge since it revolves entirely around eliminating them. Flower tells Profily they're eliminated, making them act over dramatically to their newest elimination. When Gelatin and Teardrop arrive, the latter throws Profily off into the distance to eliminate them.
In "SOS (Save Our Show)", Profily tells the Announcer to stop handing out medals. The Announcer then gives them a wooden medal for being rude. Profily happily accepts it and asks what's going on with the competition, and the Announcer reveals that BFB is canceled due to the show's low budget. Later, the budget gets so low that everyone becomes paper cutouts. Profily exclaims that they need to do something or else everyone will forget them, before quickly correcting themself by saying "I mean us".
- Main article: Profily/Relationships
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Other||22||Bugs in "The Hidden Contestant"|
- They are the second character voiced by Niall Burns, with the first being Two.
- Profily is one of the few contestants to have white facial features rather than the usual black, along with 8-Ball, Cake, Remote, TV, and Price Tag.
- Profily is one of the three non-binary contestants, along with Winner and Price Tag.
- Coincidentally, all three are debuters.
- Profily is the only one out of those three who is not in Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two.
- Canonically, they are one of the only few contestants to have never died, along with Liy, Stapy, and Winner.
- Apparently, they were in Battle for Dream Island, Battle for Dream Island Again, and "The Escape from Four" (in the final 14 screen); they were not competing, but rather spectating and wanting to be noticed.
- Profily is the second contestant to join a season after the merge, the first being David.
- Profily is the first and only contestant to never get a vote but still be eliminated.
- Profily is also the only contestant to join and get eliminated in the same episode.
- Profily is the first contestant to debut in three years.
- Profily is the only contestant to get snapped by both Four and X.
- Profily's status as a contestant is dubious. Sam Thornbury claims that Profily is an official contestant and placed 6th, but according to Cary Huang's BFB 26 reaction, Profily is "not a real contestant".
- Profily is the first non-binary contestant in all of Battle for Dream Island, as confirmed by Sam Thornbury.
- This makes them the first ever contestant confirmed to be LGBTQ+ in BFDI.
- Profily was originally a promotional character, known as "User".
- They are the only character in the BFB intro who is animated on the landscape shot.
- Jacknjellify misspelled Zxcvbnm Productions as "ZxcvBnm Productions", with a capital B.
- The name of Profily's recommender, Zxcvbnm Productions, is a reference to the bottom row of the standard QWERTY keyboard, which reads "ZXCVBNM".
- Jacknjellify's Twitter retweeted their earlier tweet with User on November 4, 2020, two days before Profily debuted in "The Hidden Contestant".
- Profily's claims of long being on the show seem to have a little more weight to them since the Announcer knew who they were in "B.F.B. = Back From Beginning".
Click here to view the gallery.