— Puffball, on multiple occasions.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Official Character Guide biography
- 4 Abilities
- 5 Voice
- 6 Coverage
- 7 Relationships
- 8 Votes
- 9 Deaths
- 10 Kills
- 11 Trivia
- 12 Gallery
- 13 See also
- 14 References
Puffball is a light pink puffball, with darker pink shading and an orchid outline. She has no limbs. Her old design (seen in "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know") had a darker outline.
She talks in a vocoded voice, and whenever she speaks, the color of her body rapidly changes from one color of the rainbow to another and sparkles. She can also fly and change her size.
- Puffball is pale pink.
- Puffball's outline is black.
- Puffball has unevenly-shaped tufts of "hair".
- Puffball has hand-drawn facial features.
- Puffball is fuchsia.
- Puffball's "hair" now slopes downward.
- Puffball is a pink lighter than her beta incarnation and darker than her debut.
- Puffball has a more circular shape.
- Puffball's "hair" is grouped in big clumps rather than strands.
- In most scenes, Puffball's outlines are dark pink.
BFDIA 2 onward:
- Puffball's outlines are lighter.
Puffball is quite strange, given her ability to change color and speak in a vocoded tone. She proclaims to be a nice person, and is usually cool-headed, except when wrong. In "The Long-lost Yoyle City", she is shown to be rather selfish, as she betrays her entire team just so she can win a prize during her next elimination. This is also seen when she cheats to win in "Questions Answered" after she helps Stapy give iance the Fake Buzzer. Puffball has shown to be arrogant too, as seen in "What Do You Think of Roleplay?" when she (posing as Basketball) says that Grassy is "basic". Despite appearing arrogant at times, Puffball seems to care deeply about her teammates, which is exemplified in "The Four is Lava" when she saved Foldy and Bell from Spongy's cannonball attacks. She is also shown to be quite calm in times of stress, and can come up with ideas on the spot.
The Official Character Guide says she wants to lose her flight ability, and gain limbs like other characters have, even if for only a day.
Official Character Guide biography
No one knows what Puffball is. She's pink, fluffy, and round. Whatever she is, she can fly, regurgitate rainbow substances when in distress, and change colors when she talks. Other than that, it's anyone's guess.
Puffball is self-indulgent and will do anything just for fun. Once, she built a stack of forks with some friends just to knock them down. When asked to make sure Foldy and Bell had cakes, Puffball ate them when no one was looking. She usually goes along with whatever Fries tells her what to do.
Did You Know?: One of Puffball's dreams is for her to lose the ability to fly and gain limbs, even if just for a day.
- Flight: Puffball can fly without getting tired. In "The Four is Lava", Puffball flew from Space back to Earth in 55 seconds. For reference, the distance covered was calculated to be 44793751.5308 meters. That means she can travel up to 812953.74829 m/s, nearly 2,370 times the speed of sound.
- Size changing: Puffball can change her size at will. However, she is never seen using this ability after BFDIA.
- Rainbow barf: Puffball can vomit out a rainbow-like substance when in distress, like other members of the Puffball species.
- Hypnosis: In "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", Puffball's singing seems to send Firey into a trance.
|Voice actor||Voice sample|
|Michael Huang (vocoded)|
Puffball has a voice that is vocoded in a voice editing software. Initially, the lines are recorded raw and are then vocoded later. Her non-vocoded voice sounds a lot like Cloudy's voice, but without his accent.
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- "Welcome Back" (mentioned, voting screen)
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom" (does not speak coherently)
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"
- "Today's Very Special Episode" (does not speak)
- "Fortunate Ben" (does not speak)
- "Four Goes Too Far" (does not speak)
- "The Liar Ball You Don't Want" (does not speak)
- "Questions Answered" (does not speak)
- "This Episode Is About Basketball"
- "Get to the Top in 500 Steps" (does not speak)
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?"
- "Return of the Rocket Ship" (does not speak)
- "Don't Dig Straight Down"
- "The Four is Lava"
- "The Escape from Four"
- Battle for BFB
- Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
- Non-canon appearances
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", Puffball was originally not going to be in BFDIA; but since Leafy, Bubble, and Flower were disqualified, she was allowed in, placing 20th. After Gelatin asks who the host was going to be, Puffball kept repeating "Yeah, who? I wanna know!" in a song for a while. When Donut argues about the his team being smaller, Puffball mentions that they'll be equal if one person switches to their newbie team. When everyone was showing their favorite screens, Puffball's was Abraham Lincoln's head. During the challenge, Puffball's team easily won over the smaller team, consisting of Coiny, Donut and Pin.
In "Get Digging", numerous clones of Puffball laugh at the newly named W.O.A.H. Bunch as the walk to Cake at Stake. The teams have to make yoylestew. Firey remarks that it would take months of walking, to which Golf Ball retorts it would only take days of flying. This confuses Firey, as he forgets about Puffball. Behind him, she grows in size to try and get his attention. Golf Ball points this out to Firey, to which the latter shrieks and accidentally sets Puffball ablaze. Golf Ball orders Puffball (along with Book, Ice Cube, Needle, Gelatin, and Spongy) to go to Yoyleland and get the yoyleberries. Later, Puffball, along with the other objects who Golf Ball ordered to go to Yoyleland, are seen passing over Evil Forest. Gelatin complains, saying there isn't enough room, and proceeds to toss Spongy, Ice Cube, and Book off, leaving only him and Needle on top of Puffball. The three arrive and Puffball leaves Needle and Gelatin to pick berries, but hastily picks them up shortly after as they anger Leafy. Puffball's team loses the challenge as their yoylestew was too "complicated" and "sharp".
In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 3", because she got the most likes at 387, Puffball won the prize, a personal speaker box. She reacted poorly to Pencil calling her "Puffy", but refused to slap her on account of her being "nice". When Pencil points out Puffball couldn't slap Pencil because she lacks arms, Puffball quickly dismisses this. She got 59 dislikes, the second least. She later enters her team's glass box, also being the only one who doesn't scream when the bugs are dropped, likely because of her flight.
In "Zeeky Boogy Doog", when the contestants realize that Dream Island is still missing, Puffball says she hopes they find it twice and then a third time but distorted and while barfing rainbows. The contest was to rebuild Dream Island. She asked what to name the island, but later Bomby fell into the incinerator and exploded Golf Ball's factory, causing all of them to die and Team No-Name to lose.
In "Get in the Van", Puffball wins the prize again with 424 likes. Her prize was the removal of another contestant's limbs. She was reluctant to have another contestant's limbs removed but chose Pin (the one who stabbed her speaker box) after being told by Firey Speaker Box that she must. She got 168 dislikes. After Cake at Stake, Puffball promises not to ever switch from Team No-Name. During the challenge, she carried her team to Yoyle Mountain. Gelatin then pushes Rocky, Tennis Ball, and Golf Ball off, and Fries tells her to turn around to save them.
In "No More Snow!", Fries is sleeping on Puffball and is woken up by a cloud raining down basketballs. He then asks where the rest of the team was, and Puffball says Gelatin pushed Golf Ball, Tennis Ball, and Rocky off her, which he remembers. She then tells him that he fell asleep and Firey and Gelatin tied their legs together and fell off. Fries asks where they were now. Puffball says they were probably eaten by Evil Leafy, who they quickly see afterward. Fries thinks that their teammates are inside Evil Leafy, so he tells Puffball to chase her, who is also chasing Book and Ruby. Book and Ruby climb up a tree with a rope holding a giant weight and they cut the rope, dropping the weight, killing Puffball, Evil Leafy, and Fries.
In "It's a Monster", Puffball was recovered by W.O.A.H. Bunch's members, who tried to threaten her, by calling her "Puffy", to fly them to Yoyle Mountain. This plan fails as she recovered Gelatin and told him to freeze them, and he did so. Afterwards, they recover the rest of the team, do roll call, and Puffball continues carrying everyone to Yoyleland. She then reaches the desert and flies above the FreeSmart SuperVan, getting her sight obscured by snow flying out of the van. She tells her team that she's going full speed and accidentally causes Golf Ball to slip off. Golf Ball is kicked out of the van and Puffball quickly turns around to catch her.
In "The Long-lost Yoyle City", Gelatin and Golf Ball criticize Puffball's choice of flying through Davidland. She tells both to stop complaining. Along the way, Gelatin and Firey tie their legs together and almost fall off, but Gelatin grabs onto Puffball. Once they are out of Davidland, Puffball drops Firey and Gelatin to the ground to untie their legs and then gets both back on top of her. Team No-Name was about to make it to the summit of Yoyle Mountain, when Pencil freezes her and her team. Once they unfreeze, Puffball hurries to the top of the mountain. However, they actually have to go higher to get to the actual summit, but get delayed when Pencil kills Rocky. After recovering Rocky three times with Fries, Puffball gets the rest of her team and starts making her way to the summit of Yoyle Mountain. However, she has a flashback about the Firey Speaker Box saying that every time her team lost she won the prize. She stops just before making it, making Golf Ball ask what she's doing. While shrinking, Puffball explains that if her team loses she'll get the prize like she always does and that she loves prizes. She shrinks so much that all of her teammates fall off and land in the jaws of the Fish Monster.
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Puffball is first seen helping Gelatin building and finishing off his very large stack of forks. She later joins Free Food alongside Fries. In the challenge, Bell wonders how they'll get the basket without Foldy since no one else could get up there. Puffball looks at Bell angrily and Marker tells her to turn around, making Bell scream. Puffball pushes X's basket towards him, spilling out the air but still winning immunity for her team.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", Puffball initially agrees to play Toss the Dirt with Marker but is quickly persuaded by Fries to spin the swing around the center, again allowing Free Food to win safety and avoid elimination.
In "Fortunate Ben", Puffball's flying abilities are disabled by Four with duct tape, at Fries request since Four would've obliterated her, due to flying being restricted in the paper airplane challenge.
In "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", Puffball's bandaged body rolls away from the Cake at Stake area when Donut tells everyone to clear the area.
In "Questions Answered", Stapy took off Puffball's bandages when he used them to make a fake iance buzzer box. Then Puffball pushes the fake iance buzzer box to iance and takes away the real one. This makes it so Donut doesn't acknowledge Bubble for her answer, while Stapy gets to learn the correct one from her. The plan backfired, because Match caught Stapy and her cheating using Camera, and presented the evidence to Donut, who subsequently declared Free Food was up for elimination.
In "This Episode Is About Basketball", when X gets "promoted" to host, Puffball, along with the other alive members of Free Food affirm with his regular cake choice. Puffball is in the bottom two, although X is reading the votes backward so the amount of votes she got is revealed second. When Stapy realizes he's eliminated, he asks her to make sure that Foldy and Bell (who were dead) get their cakes before leaving. Puffball falls back on this, however, as she eats their cakes. Nickel tells her to leave some for him, which is followed by her vomiting what was left of the cakes.
In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", Puffball complies with the rules of not helping since she can fly.
In "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", Puffball was one of the contestants randomly selected to have their minds swapped. In her case, her mind entered Basketball's body, and her body was given to Rocky. On Free Food's side, Yellow Face figured out Puffball was the fake when she puked on him. As Basketball, she is asked by Golf Ball on who the team leader is. Puffball guesses that it's definitely Golf Ball, which makes Golf Ball drop all suspicion of her. Golf Ball then permits her to interview half the other guys. Puffball almost gives herself away by singing "Okay dokay", but Golf Ball just compliments her on her singing. She was only discovered after she criticized Grassy for being "basic", despite supposedly being friends with him.
In "Don't Dig Straight Down", Puffball is first seen asking Four whether Free Food is safe when they give him toy emeralds and then celebrates with her team when he confirms that they are. Later, she is one of the only contestants to be explicitly confirmed to survive the lava flood. She heads to space and asks Four why, if the emeralds were either barely underground or in Four's eye, X is hurtling towards the planet's core.
In "The Four is Lava", Puffball hears Four announce the contest from space, racing alongside Spongy in his jet back to Earth. She reaches Earth and is provoked by Spongy's cannonballs, ordering him to stop. Spongy refuses and continues to shoot, but Puffball similarly avoids the cannonballs as Leafy in "Lofty" and "Get Digging". Puffball finds Bell and Foldy over the lava, both shocked by a lava splash by one of Spongy's cannonballs. Puffball proceeds to counter the attacks by using Bell to catch a cannonball and swings it back to Spongy, damaging his ship. Later, Blocky launches from a tree and grabs hold of Puffball, causing her to swing around aggressively to shake him off. At one point, Foldy kicks Blocky off, only to be pushed off by him a few seconds later. Puffball finally flings Blocky off of her by flying at a high speed and stopping suddenly. She then catches Foldy from falling into the lava, then the team heads to Four and finishes the contest, placing them 3rd.
In "The Escape from Four", Puffball is first seen flying towards Four to watch them struggle at sucking up Spongy. Puffball later quits BFB when the prize changes from A BFDI to A BFB, and switches over to TPOT.
Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
In "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?", Puffball learns that Four brought back the original BFDI as a prize, but agrees that switching back isn't worth it since Four is too untrustworthy. In a small background moment, Puffball can be seen getting smacked in the face when Two opens the door to the elevator. When picking teams, Puffball angrily calls out Basketball because she started her first team over the fact that they're balls and left her out. She then insists that she's joining her team, whether they like it or not. During the challenge, Golf Ball tells everyone to get on to Puffball, but she isn't big enough to carry everyone. They then decide to go with using Tennis Ball's trebuchet. Puffball flings her teammates using it, but they fly over their target and into a tree, which flings them back into the trebuchet, and repeat. To stop this, Puffball grabs Fries with her mouth and uses him to catch her teammates and drops them onto the roof of the building. Her team is the first one safe.
- Main article: Puffball/Relationships
|1||291 (Joined BFDIA)|
|3||387 likes, 59 dislikes|
|5a||424 likes, 168 dislikes|
|1||694 likes, 1,455 dislikes (eliminated)|
- "Last BFDI": Zapped along with Golf Ball and Leafy to form Tennis Ball.
- "If Among Us Was a BFDI Challenge": Sucked into Black Hole.
Total kills: 7
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Book||1||"Zeeky Boogy Doog" (along with Spongy, Tennis Ball, Match, Ruby, and Golf Ball)|
|Firey||1||"The Long-lost Yoyle City"|
|Fries||1||"The Long-lost Yoyle City"|
|Gelatin||1||"The Long-lost Yoyle City"|
|Golf Ball||1||"The Long-lost Yoyle City"|
|Rocky||1||"The Long-lost Yoyle City"|
|Tennis Ball||1||"The Long-lost Yoyle City"|
- Puffball is one of the four contestants who can fly along with Black Hole, Cloudy, and Lightning.
- She's also the only female who can fly.
- Puffball is one of only seven limbless contestants, with the others being Yellow Face, Cloudy, Black Hole, 8-Ball, Bell, and Roboty.
- Puffball is one of the only three contestants to have a personal speaker box that has been a substitute host, the others being Firey and Flower.
- Puffball is also the only BFDIA newbie to have a personal speaker box.
- Puffball is one of the eight contestants who had their minds swapped in "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", the others are Tree, Basketball, Spongy, Taco, Pin, Lightning, and Rocky. Puffball's mind was put into Basketball while her body was used by Rocky's mind.
- Puffball is the third contestant to perform the dodging pattern; the others were Leafy and Spongy.
- Puffball is one of the six ball contestants, the others are Basketball, 8-Ball, Snowball, Tennis Ball, and Golf Ball.
- Puffball is one of the eight characters who have been recommended variants of themselves (Blue Puffball, in Puffball's case). The others are Marker, Four, Flower, David, Bubble, Spongy, and Cake.
- Puffball is one of the three contestants who got to compete in BFDIA after the contestants who weren't present were removed. The other two are Book and Yellow Face.
- Puffball was the first contestant with the ability to fly to join the game.
- With the absent contestants removed, Puffball was the least voted person to join BFDIA, at 291 votes.
- Puffball is one of the few contestants to win a prize, the others being Coiny, Teardrop, and Firey.
- She is the first female contestant to win a prize.
- She is the first and only newbie to win a prize.
- She is the only limbless contestant to receive a prize.
- She is the only contestant to win a prize twice.
- Puffball is one of the five contestants who were eliminated in BFDIA, the others are Donut, Dora, Teardrop, and Match.
- Puffball was the first limbless contestant eliminated in BFDIA.
- Puffball was the 4th and final female eliminated in BFDIA.
- Puffball is the only contestant to be eliminated off-screen.
- Puffball has the record of most dislikes in BFDIA, with 1,455 dislikes, beating Donut's 573.
- Puffball was the first, out of soon to be many, to be eliminated with more than 1,000 votes.
- Puffball and Fries are always on the same team.
- Puffball held the most time of having a record of votes, with 3 years. Pencil finally broke her record in "Lick Your Way to Freedom".
- Every time someone says that no one can get somewhere without flying, and Puffball happens to be on their team, someone tells them to look behind them, and Puffball is mostly angry when this happens.
- Puffball was first recommended by SuperMightyMichael.
- The tune of Puffball's voice is affected by her mood.
- Puffball hates being called "Puffy", similar to how Needle hates being called "Needy".
- Puffball's favorite screen is Abraham Lincoln's head.
- Puffball had a new design in the beginning half of BFDIA 1, which has a darker outline than her design in the rest of BFDIA.
- Puffball and her Speaker Box are the only characters that have an autotuned voice.
- In the intro for BFB, Puffball is the character furthest to the right of the screen.
- Puffball's ability to fly can be disabled by wrapping her in bandages, which was done by Four in a paper airplane flying contest.
- Puffball is never seen using her ability to change sizes in BFB.
- Puffball's voice clips are initially saved non-vocoded, and when Michael Huang was asked on HTwins Central for a non-vocoded Puffball voice, he provided one. It can be heard here.
- Puffball's singing can put people in a trance as shown in BFDIA 1 when Firey had spiral eyes that were flashing colors.
- According to the Official Character Guide for Puffball, one of her dreams is to lose her ability to fly and gain limbs, even if just for a day.
Click here to view the gallery.
|BFDIA 6: Firey • Tennis Ball • Rocky • Golf Ball • Gelatin • Fries|
BFB 16: Bell • Eraser • Foldy • Fries • Marker • Puffball • Yellow Face
|Are You Okay|
|Interactions with||Everyone, Fries|
|Other content||Puffball Speaker Box, Duct Tape, Rainbow Substance, Fake Buzzer|