|“||The Recovery Centers were DESTROYED!||”|
The Recovery Centers are devices where contestants go to be revived after they are destroyed, maimed, temporarily killed, etc.
The only contestants to have their own recovery center are Bubble, Ice Cube, Firey, Pie and Leafy (only shown in Episode 24). Announcer also has a recovery center. Flower destroyed all of the recovery centers in episode 25 by melting them in an incinerator. However, since recovery centers can be created, none of the killed characters are permanently dead.
However, in "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Black Hole destroyed all the Recovery Centers, leaving the only way to regenerate a dead contestant is by Four somehow bringing them back to life, or either, in "Lick Your Way to Freedom", Four regenerates them but they get trapped into jawbreakers.
Types of Recovery Centers
Bubble Recovery Center (BRC)
|“||Wow, Bubble, it's so cool that you get your very own Recovery Center!||”|
It appears again in "Take the Plunge: Part 2" by choosing her for Pin's team, a commercial in "Barriers and Pitfalls", as well as in almost all following episodes. In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2", Bubble received a new blue recovery center as a reward for making it to the final 3. In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Bubble had a gray recovery center again but with a symbol near the bottom.
Ice Cube Recovery Center (ICRC)
The Ice Cube Recovery Center is the second Recovery Center to be introduced. It debuted in "Are You Smarter Than a Snowball?" as a result of Leafy shattering Ice Cube with a bowling ball in "Barriers and Pitfalls". In "The Reveal", the Ice Cube Recovery Center 2.0 was used and listed five questions that Leafy had to answer. However, this is shown to take more time to recover Ice Cube instead of just simply recovering her.
- Based on the questions it asked, it can create many types of ice cubes: ice cubes with different personalities, limb structures, sizes, and material.
Ice Cube Recovery Center Creator (ICRCC)
|“||An Ice Cube Recovery Center Creator is currently producing an Ice Cube Recovery Center.||”|
Firey Recovery Center (FRC)
The Firey Recovery Center debuted in "Power of Three" after Firey fell in the river that the temporary teams-of-three had to cross over. Pen realized that water is Firey's poison, but finds the Recovery Center appearing near the start of the bridge. However, in its debut appearance it requires some time to warm up, almost putting Pen, Eraser and Firey in danger for elimination. It appeared again in "The Reveal", in a commercial made by Blocky. In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2", Firey was given a new orange recovery center as a gift in getting to the final 3. In "Return of the Hang Glider", when it is dropped in the incinerator, it is the only recovery that became blackened and burnt instead of melting.
Master Recovery Center (MRC)
- Main article: Master Recovery Center
The Master Recovery Center was used to recover the contestants and other characters that were dead, destroyed, disintegrated, etc. This recovery center is featured in "Gardening Hero" as the contestants who lost the contest come back to life. In "Don't Pierce My Flesh", the Master Recovery Center was used to recover the contestants when they die in the magma for contest 22: to escape the volcano.
Unfortunately, in "Return of the Hang Glider", all the recovery centers as of that time were all destroyed by Flower.
Announcer Recovery Center (ARC)
Cheese Orb Recovery Center (CORC)
The Cheese Orb Recovery Center (CORC) was a recovery center that was shown in "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2" as one of the recommended characters. When Flower is destroying the recovery centers in "Return of the Hang Glider", a Cheese Orb Recovery Center is shown, making a brief cameo. However, Flower destroys it immediately after. Cheese Orb appears in "Hurtful!", only to be sliced in quarters by the Announcer to make the cake for Cake at Stake.
Leafy Recovery Center (LRC)
Hand-powered Recovery Center (HPRC)
The Hand-powered Recovery Center (HPRC) first appeared in "Zeeky Boogy Doog". There is an "ENTER NAME" box which allows someone to type the name of the person to revive and a green "GO" button to revive the person as he/she goes out through a small hole. It does not have a backspace button, however. It was discovered in the BFDIA 5b game that the HPRC broke in two when Evil Leafy ate the FreeSmart Van, but it still works. Due to one piece having the typing part and the crank and the other having the hole, it can be used to recover objects in different places than where the user is. In "No More Snow!", the first HPRC was destroyed, but was created again with an HPHPRCC. However, this HPRC got stuck in the gluey snow-gasoline mixture from the FreeSmart Supervan.
Hand-powered Hand-powered Recovery Center Creator (HPHPRCC)
The Hand-powered Hand-powered Recovery Center Creator (named HPHPRCC by Yellow Face and named a Hand-powered HPRC Creator by Firey Speaker Box) was introduced in "No More Snow!", brought by Firey's Speaker Box. It can take possibly over a month (for the contestants on the right, it took 78 days) of cranking in order to produce the HPRC. This recovery center is the only machine out of the recovery centers and recovery center creators to be colored maroon. It is also probably the largest. As soon as the HPRC is made, the HPHPRCC has a 50-50 chance of exploding or disappearing without a trace fifteen seconds after, unless a Postpone Token is inserted, which resets the timer back to 15 seconds.
Leg-powered Recovery Center (LPRC)
This recovery center was introduced in "It's a Monster" when Pencil drove the FreeSmart Supervan and pointed out the Leg-powered Recovery Center (LPRC). This supposedly works like an HPRC, except you use your legs to use it. If cranked with someone's hand, it will disappear, as shown when Book tried to crank it with her hand.
Pie Recovery Center (PRC)
The Pie Recovery Center's first and currently last appearance is in "Getting Teardrop to Talk", being sucked up by Black Hole.
- The screens found on some of the Recovery Centers, such as the ICRC 2.0. or the status screens on the ICRCC and the HRC appear to be able to react to recent events through text (often in a sarcastic tone), implying that some of the Recovery Centers have sentience.
- The HPRC seems to recognize typos, as shown in "Welcome Back", when Book was recovering Ruby by typing "ROOOOOBEEEEEEE".
- The HPRC can also recognize if people are alive or not, as Coiny tried recovering Book in "Zeeky Boogy Doog", but she was in Dream Sauce.
- Although Flower destroyed the Recovery Centers, in "Get Digging", an ICRCC is in the water at one point. The time reads "0 minutes", implying that an ICRC might exist somewhere in the world. However, it wasn't seen on the return trip.
- The big recovery centers and all of the recovery center creators have a purposely misspelled 'Graffiti' (stylized as GRuPheetie) and a smiley face on them. This also appeared on the wall behind the swings that appeared in the first scene in BFDIA 5a.
- The BRC is the only recovery center to both be improved and to appear in BFB.
- The HPRC probably still exists, as it is currently glued to the ground in Yoyleland.
- In Michael Huang's stream on making a new logo, he says Saw went to the fume recovery center.