|“||Our team has now prevented 0.00 deaths.||”|
Remote is a female contestant on Battle for BFDI and The Power of Two. She was one of the 30 recommended characters in "The Reveal" and "Reveal Novum". Along with Pie and Grassy, Remote only received 7 votes, which in turn placed them at 16th and she was sent into the Locker of Losers.
Remote will be competing on TPOT.
Remote's BFDI design appears to be a gray rectangle with 19 buttons, one red and one blue, with a center button with side controls, and no white facial features.
Remote's IDFB redesign features a black body, white eyes, a hexagonal shape, and fewer buttons.
In BFB, her top buttons have swapped places, and her arms have lowered.
Remote works as somewhat of a correspondent for Death P.A.C.T., often stating what's going on with them, even reporting in one incident that "our team has now prevented 0.00 deaths.", hinting that she wants to prevent death. She's generally peaceful and well-meaning. She also seems to be very considerate, as she showed concern when Liy was being circled by forks in "Today's Very Special Episode".
Remote is also competitive. She aims to win the challenges and can be frustrated when her teammates don't follow or agree with her ambition. Despite this, she is willing to learn to prioritize preventing death even if it goes against her innate desire.
Official Character Guide biography
Remote can send and receive infrared signals. She loves batteries, because without them, she would faint. She has a robotic voice, although she definitely has feelings. One of those feelings is to be a person and not a tool. Regardless, she's willing to help as a data-storage tool for Liy to track her death prevention rate.
Did You Know?: Remote gets the best wireless signal out of everybody, which is both helpful and dangerous.
(Note: There is some Morse code by Roboty on this page reading "BATTERIES".)
Powers and abilities
- Bomb transmitting: Remote is able to create bombs and have them sent to other mechanical minds via signal.
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know" (does not speak coherently)
- "Welcome Back" (voting screen)
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom"
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"
- "Today's Very Special Episode"
- "Fortunate Ben"
- "Four Goes Too Far" (does not speak)
- "The Liar Ball You Don't Want"
- "Enter the Exit"
- "Get to the Top in 500 Steps"
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?" (does not speak coherently)
- "Return of the Rocket Ship" (does not speak)
- "Don't Dig Straight Down" (cameo, arms only)
- "The Four is Lava" (speaks in group)
- "The Escape from Four" (speaks in group)
- Non-canon appearances
Battle for Dream Island
In "Don't Lose Your Marbles", Remote made her first appearance, being held by Blocky. Blocky got hit by a ball thrown by Leafy, causing him to drop Remote. Her batteries fell out, and the acid killed Snowball and Pencil.
In "The Reveal", Remote was a character that could have joined the game. In the campaign video, Remote pulled out her own batteries and she fell unconscious.
In "Reveal Novum", Remote placed 18th place, with only 7 votes together with Grassy and Pie. The 3 contestants were sent flying into the LOL along with the rest of the 26 other recommended characters.
In "Return of the Hang Glider", she watches the final Cake at Stake in the large crowd of recommended characters.
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Welcome Back", Remote is given a chance to join the show and leave the TLC. Even if the season continued, she wouldn't have had enough to join.
Battle for BFDI
In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", Remote looks inside an empty jawbreaker.
In "Today's Very Special Episode", Remote shows concern on the forks strangely circling around Liy. This then results in Liy's gravitation pulling Gelatin's forks away from the pile and towards Four. Remote, along with half of her team, jump into the forks in order to protect Four, to avoid getting zapped. To get Black Hole's attention, Pillow persuades Remote and the others to go and inform Black Hole of the situation, which they end up doing. Unfortunately, Death P.A.C.T. lost the challenge and is up for elimination.
In "Fortunate Ben", during Cake at Stake, Four announces that Remote is safe with 1,370 votes and she gets fortune cookie as a prize. Remote's fortune reads out "Ice Cube is the best thing to ever grace this universe". She then replies that it's not true and that batteries are really the best. After Liy is eliminated, Remote reveals that they're team prevented 2,763 deaths. Only 10 of which were without Liy.
In "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", A Better Name Than That decide to control her from the moon so they can do the challenge like the other teams. Remote struggles against the signal but fails. They temporarily lose control of her, so she quickly types on her buttons "PANIC" and sends a bomb into the signal. But when Robot Flower breaks the signal, the bomb is planted into Remote instead and explodes.
When Remote got recovered in "Enter the Exit", Robot Flower points out to her team that she was the one who sent them a bomb. Pie is disappointed as that isn't preventing death. Remote replies that they were about to lose, so Black Hole tells her their team objective is about saving lives, not winning.
In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", Remote gets worried about seeing Pie's lack of urgency to get to the top before Flower. Black Hole says she was preventing her own death since Flower would kill her if she gets ahead of her. Remote then angrily says that they'll lose, to the reply of Black Hole stating she was a slow learner. Luckily for Remote, Pie falls off, and Black Hole swirls her up to the top so she can press the button, meaning their team is safe.
In "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", she's briefly seen at the beginning with Black Hole when Bomby slams a door into her. During the challenge, she's shocked and angry to see Tree kill Bottle. Tree ended up being the impostor on Remote's team so they are safe.
In "Return of the Rocket Ship", Remote follows her team, towards the Evil Canyon to look for X's treasure. Black Hole immediately stops them, telling them that going to the Evil Canyon would be very dangerous and that they should care about Pillow's death. The rest of Death P.A.C.T., alongside Remote, start arm wiggling, much to Black Hole's dismay. However, Pie suddenly stops and tells everyone else that they should be caring about Pillow, but Remote keeps arm wiggling and appears to be unresponsive when Black Hole tells her everyone else stopped. She and the rest of her team are then eaten by Four so that they can search for Pillow.
In "Don't Dig Straight Down", Remote reaches her arms out of Four's mouth to grab an emerald.
In "The Four is Lava", Remote, Bottle, and Pen have fun sticking their arms out of Four's mouth and have Black Hole repeatedly swing them back up to it every time they are pushed off. Doing this too many times makes Four put his hand in his mouth, pushing Pen, Bottle, and Remote off, and throwing the entire team out of his mouth, which also makes Death P.A.C.T. safe from elimination.
In "The Escape from Four", Remote is seen walking towards a struggling Four with the other contestants. She then attempts to help pull the eliminated contestants out of Four, along with everyone else. Remote ends being one of the 40 contestants to join TPOT.
- Main article: Remote/Relationships
|18||7 (To join)|
|1||115 (To join)|
- "Don't Lose Your Marbles": Falls and loses her batteries upon hitting the ground.
- "The Reveal": Removes her own batteries.
- "Reveal Novum": Is crushed in the LOL by the Sun.
- "The Liar Ball You Don't Want": Explodes due to an interrupted connection between Robot Flower.
- "Battle for Dream Island: Official Character Guide/Instagram Promotion": Has her batteries removed by Flower.
Number of kills: 2
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Pencil||1||"Don't Lose Your Marbles" (along with Leafy and Blocky)|
|Snowball||1||"Don't Lose Your Marbles" (along with Leafy, Blocky, and Pencil)|
- Remote's voice in "Don't Lose Your Marbles" is similar to Bomby's. However, her voice was changed in "Getting Teardrop to Talk" from a human voice actor to a text-to-speech cover.
- Her BFDI design has 19 buttons, while her BFB design only has 7.
- Her one red button frequently swaps places with the corresponding gray button at her top, depending on the position her body is facing.
- Remote is capable of sending bombs to any device/mechanical mind that hacks her as seen in "The Liar Ball You Don't Want".
- However, if said hacker disconnects their signal before the bomb goes off, her own bomb will kill her.
- She is the second character with a text-to-speech voice, with the first being the Announcer. They were followed by TV and BeiBei.
- She is the first female contestant with a text-to-speech voice.
- According to Satomi, one of the suggestions to voice Remote was Megurine Luka (a Vocaloid) before the team settled on text to speech.
- As a joke, Satomi Hinatsu made a video of Remote not being upset about her fork being taken (including a reference to the "My Bike Got Stolen Recently" comic on Twitter.
- Remote is one out of the four "mechanical minds" in BFB. The others are Roboty, Robot Flower, and TV.
- Remote can receive signals from other devices.
- Remote lacks lip-sync, which could be a reference to her being voiced by TTS.
- However, on one occasion her mouth moved in sync with her words. This happened in "The Liar Ball You Don't Want" when she says "Somebody help me."
- She is one of the few contestants to have white facial features rather than the usual black, along with 8-Ball, Cake, and TV.
- She's the only female with white facial features.
- She currently has the fewest elimination votes out of all the mechanical minds. (1,370; TV has 2,578, Robot Flower has 3,105, and Roboty has 11,690.)
- Remote can take control of TV as seen in the Battle for Dream Island: Official Character Guide/Instagram Promotion, although this isn't canon.
Click here to view the gallery.
- ↑ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13dUHjWwflvXt2cuW-oGNV29z6XK3KunzWfHPonZoX0M/edit#gid=1397548773
- ↑ https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/391742301715562497/671789117964812298/unknown.png
| BFDI contestants|