|“||NOBODY LIKES ME. (-. --- -... --- -.. -.-- / .-.. .. -.- . ... / -- . .-.-.-)||”|
— Roboty (translated), "Reveal Novum"
Roboty is a contestant on Battle for BFDI. He was one of the 30 recommended characters who had a chance to join the game during "The Reveal" and "Reveal Novum". He failed to get into the game, receiving only 2 votes, which was the least and placed him 30th.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Official Character Guide biography
- 4 Abilities
- 5 Coverage
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Votes
- 8 Translation of Roboty's lines
- 9 Deaths
- 10 Kills
- 11 Trivia
- 12 Gallery
- 13 See also
- 14 References
Roboty appears to be a large, limbless robot. His metal body is scarlet, his teeth are yellowish-white, his teeth are baby blue when talking, and his eyes are jade.
- Roboty has limbs.
- Roboty is named "Robot".
- Robot has uneven eye size.
- Robot's belly area is the same color as his overall body color.
- Robot's teeth are slightly uneven sized.
- Robot's teeth are a bit yellow.
- Robot's eyes were a darker green.
- Robot has an antenna on top of his head.
- Robot is renamed "Roboty".
- Roboty is limbless.
- Roboty is larger.
- Roboty now has evenly sized eyes.
- Roboty now has evenly sized teeth.
- Roboty's belly area is now a darker shade of red compared to his overall body.
- Roboty's belly area also has 4 screws now.
- Roboty's eyes are now a brighter shade of green.
- Roboty's antenna is now thinner and taller.
- Roboty has thinner black outlines.
- Roboty's eyes are now an even lighter shade of green.
- Roboty's teeth are a bit less yellow.
- Roboty's red color is now slightly lighter.
- Roboty loses his glossy shine.
- Roboty's eye shine is now near the center of his eyes.
- Roboty's mouth outline is now on top of the teeth outlines.
Roboty seems to be stubborn and opinionated about his current situations, such as going to a waterfall to be far away from his team in "Lick Your Way to Freedom". Other examples include Roboty saying "WHY" when he got placed for his job, as well as when he said "TRULY UNFAIR" when his team lost in the same episode. Similar to David, Roboty is mostly anti-social. When Roboty was voted out in "Four Goes Too Far", he left to the same waterfall without saying a word, implying that he never enjoyed being on the show. Hidden in his simplistic Morse Code, Roboty seems to be a very negative individual, often lamenting about how unpopular he is in the eyes of voters. He also seems to enjoy teasing others, such as mocking his team name along with Four, angering Balloony. Roboty is also shown to be a pushover, as he is just seen as a object by everyone else in the EXIT. Some examples of this are Liy pushing him out the way like he is an obstacle, Firey Jr. using him as a chair, and Loser stacking him with the other items to escape the EXIT.
Official Character Guide biography
Roboty avoids conflict if he can. He does not want to put his big red self in the middle of trouble. In contrast, his highest place of comfort is an ethereal misty waterfall, where he cannot hear the noises of his teammates.
Roboty speaks in Morse code, a series of electronic dots and dashes. That's why no one can understand a word he says! Roboty isn't very mobile, but surprisingly, his springy antenna gives his teammates lots of mobility!
Did You Know?: Roboty's chest compartment has been open as many times as Teardrop has spoken.
- Teleportation: In "Lick Your Way to Freedom" and "Four Goes Too Far", Roboty is able to move from different locations almost instantly; he seems to only use this ability to go to the Waterfall.
- Heat resistance: When Firey Jr. sits on Roboty, Roboty does not melt or burn.
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- "Welcome Back" (cameo)
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom"
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"
- "Fortunate Ben"
- "Four Goes Too Far" (eliminated)
- "Enter the Exit"
- "Get to the Top in 500 Steps"
- "Return of the Rocket Ship" (pictured, voting screen)
- "Don't Dig Straight Down" (mentioned)
- "The Escape from Four" (does not speak)
- Battle for BFB
- Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
- "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?" (does not speak)
- Non-canon appearances
Battle for Dream Island
In "Half a Loaf Is Better Than None", he appears as a recommended character and walks into a vat of hydrochloric acid.
Roboty is one of the 30 recommended character eligible to join BFDI in "The Reveal".
In "Return of the Hang Glider", Roboty can be seen with the numerous recommended characters on the bleachers, watching the final Cake at Stake.
Battle for Dream Island Again
Roboty is eligible to join BFDIA, but only receives 50 votes in "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", placing 57th, and he is flung to the LOL.
In "Welcome Back", Roboty can be seen jumping in the TLC as attempt to open the lid. Pin says that they should free Roboty first so that Golf Ball can use his red tint to recolor her. Roboty is then shown on a voting screen as a choice to be voted back into the show.
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Roboty's first appearance is in the intro as Black Hole is headed towards Earth. Leafy chooses Roboty as her first teammate because she wants to give him a helping hand. Roboty responds by beeping, which translates to "DON'T", showing that he doesn't accept Leafy's request. He is then greeted by a hug from Leafy and is now a part of her team anyway. After Roboty's newly-formed teammates all come up with the perfect team name, Balloony tells Roboty to pass it on to Four. However, because Roboty is only able to communicate in morse code, their team name becomes "Beep". During the first challenge, Balloony uses Roboty's antenna as a spring in order to reach the basket.
In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", X informs Beep that Roboty is missing and that Four won't like that. The episode then cuts to a scene where Roboty is beside a cascading waterfall in a remote location, to enjoy his peace and quiet. When Woody can be heard calling out his name, Roboty turns up the volume of his music to avoid being disturbed. However, because the volume ended up being too loud, that nearly causes the plank Roboty was on to turn. He is later seen inside a beaker full of jawbreakers, unable to move. Cloudy spots him inside and asks him how's it going in there. However, Cloudy then drops the jawbreaker he was holding onto Roboty, resulting in him being crushed. This causes Woody to scream. Roboty is then seen next to the waterfall again beeping "truly unfair", but this time he is still crushed.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", Beep lost and have to partake in Cake at Stake. Roboty is crushed, but is still responsive as he beeps at Leafy. When Roboty ends up in the bottom three, Nickel is having a conversation with Cloudy about which one they could do without. Nickel's answer is "machine", meaning that he could do without Roboty. Roboty receives 3,436 votes, which is the 3rd most. After receiving the prize at Cake at Stake, it seemingly causes Roboty to recover from his crushed state. During the challenge, Roboty comes up with the idea to have Cloudy push the swing, which he agrees to.
In "Fortunate Ben", Roboty encourages David when he's piloting the team's paper airplane. However, Beep loses after Stapy's staples split the ground into two, causing Beep to hit the ground before Free Food.
In "Four Goes Too Far", Balloony complains to Four that he said their team name wrong, to which Roboty responds with two beeps, mimicking what Four said. Balloony responds by saying that Roboty isn't helping. Roboty is then eliminated with 8,254 votes. Before his teammates can say their farewells, Roboty leaves without being seen, and returns back to the waterfall.
In "Enter the Exit", Clock tells Four that Roboty was eliminated, but nobody knew where he went. Four then proceeds to track Roboty down back to the waterfall scene. Four sucks up Roboty along with all the other recently eliminated contestants to the EXIT. Roboty, along with the other recently eliminated contestants enter the classroom where Four says that one of them will rejoin. For his rejoin confessional, Roboty beeps out "4 SUX".
In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", Roboty receives 558 votes, which was the least amount of votes to rejoin.
In "Don't Dig Straight Down", when Woody falls through the Waterfall, he associates the location with Roboty and calls out his name.
Battle for BFB
In "Chapter Complete", Roboty can be seen with the other EXITors in Four's imagination, but he does not speak or move. Later, Four snaps and Roboty, along with the other imaginary EXITors, disappears.
Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
In "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?", Roboty falls to the ground after Stapy knocks down the pile of items that he was stacked in.
- Main article: Roboty/Relationships
|18||2 (to join)|
|1||50 (to join)|
|11||558 (to rejoin)|
Translation of Roboty's lines
- In "The Reveal", during his audition tape, he said "BFDI".
- In "Reveal Novum", when he was the only one to receive 2 votes, while everyone else had at least 3, he said "NO ONE LIKES ME".
- In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", when Leafy said she'd help him he said "DON'T".
- When he was instructed to say the team name to Four, he said "IT'S" before being interrupted by Four, who misinterpreted their intended team name as Beep.
- In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", when he is about to get crushed by the jawbreakers, he says "WHY".
- After his team loses the contest, he said "YIKES", but his subtitles said "Truly unfair".
- In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", at his first Cake at Stake, when Leafy was talking, he said "T".
- During the third challenge, he said "F" then Balloony said "What's that?" Then he continues his sentence by saying "LY", implying they should use the same strategy Free Food did.
- In "Fortunate Ben", he said "HIDDEN", but his subtitles said "We're glad you found your true calling".
- In "Four Goes Too Far", after Balloony said "Well, that's not our team name!" he said "TT", although it was interpreted as "beep beep".
- After Nickel said "What? Objection!" he said "T", but his subtitles said "Ha".
- In "Enter the Exit", before getting sucked up by Four, he said "FINAL", but his subtitles said "Finally I am at peace."
- After Stapy said "Where are we?", he said "IDK".
- In his rejoining audition, he said "4SUX".
- In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", after learning that he got the least votes to rejoin, he said "IMHATED".
- "Half a Loaf Is Better Than None": Walks into a vat of hydrochloric acid.
- "Reveal Novum": Is crushed in the LOL by the sun.
- "If Among Us Was a BFDI Challenge": Sucked into Black Hole.
- Roboty is one of the few contestants who aren't listed in the BFB credits, the others are Teardrop, Remote, David, and Dora.
- Roboty is one of the four mechanical minds, with the others being Remote, TV, and Robot Flower.
- Roboty is one of the limbless contestants along with Black Hole, 8-Ball, Bell, Yellow Face, Puffball, and Cloudy.
- In the season 1 debut, Roboty got the least votes out of the contestants in "Reveal Novum".
- Coincidentally, he also got the least votes to rejoin in "Get to the Top in 500 Steps".
- In "Four Goes Too Far", Roboty became the first male contestant to get eliminated since Donut in "Get Digging".
- Roboty is the first eliminated contestant in BFB who wasn't immediately sent to EXIT.
- He is the lowest ranking male, member of Beep, limbless character, non-object, and mechanical-mind in Battle for BFDI.
- Although technically he's the only mechanical mind in the show due to the other three joining TPOT.
- Roboty is the only non-BFDI(A) contestant to have his Cake at Stake votes displayed by TV.
- He is the third character to try and avoid elimination, the first being Flower, Match is the second, and David is the fourth.
- One of his favorite places is the Waterfall.
- Despite being a robot, he doesn't possess too many functions or abilities other than:
- Roboty is shown to be very hard to kill. This is seen when Cloudy crushed him with a jawbreaker, yet he was still able to beep.
- Roboty is one of few contestants with a separated head and body; and out of them, he is the only one to not have a "stick body".
- Roboty talked faster in BFDI.
- Roboty is the first contestant who is shown actually transitioning to the EXIT after getting sucked up by Four.
- Similarly to Spongy, Roboty tends to get used by the other characters due to his large, immobile nature.
- According to Roboty's Official Character Guide biography, Roboty's chest compartment has been opened as many times as the amount of times that Teardrop has spoken. Given that Teardrop has never spoken (not counting animation errors) this is likely to imply that Roboty's chest compartment has never been opened.
- Roboty has currently gone the longest without speaking again as he last spoke in "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", which was released more than three years prior to his most recent appearance in "Chapter Complete".
Click here to view the gallery.
BFB 16: Balloony • Cloudy • Nickel • Rocky • Woody