|“||It's time to save BFB!||”|
"SOS (Save Our Show)" is the 29th and the penultimate episode of Battle for BFB and the 61st episode of the overall series. This episode is the first part of the finale, with the other half being "Chapter Complete". The episode was released on February 12, 2021.
Nearing BFB's end, Taco starts to become suspicious of Announcer's sudden and mysterious return, so she tries to hide and figure out what's going on. Her hiding spot is poorly disguised, however, as Spongy and Leafy immediately spot her. Blocky argues that the Announcer is doing no harm and then suddenly shifts the topic to another of his pranks with Woody. However, Woody runs away, uninterested in doing pranks anymore, which leaves Blocky confused. Later, Blocky tries to come up with a new nickname for Taco, failing to do so. The Announcer suddenly arrives, and Cake at Stake begins.
Cake at Stake
Before Cake at Stake, Announcer shows off a revamped bus that is now made from gold, which he claims to be worth 3 million dollars. Then, he reveals the prize for getting the least votes, which is a silver medal. Before eliminating, Flower is given a bronze medal for winning the last challenge, and complains that the silver medal is a downgrade from the previous episode's gold medal. This makes Flower boast to Gelatin about the budget she received for her business. Announcer then reveals the votes on a large, overpriced cinema screen, which reveals that Teardrop is eliminated. Announcer then starts talking about how Teardrop was his favorite character. Bubble then says that getting 3rd is something she should be proud of.
Teardrop receives a copper medal for getting third place in the season. Bubble asks where Announcer got all the medals, and in response, she is given a platinum medal. Announcer gives himself a diamond medal for being "such a gracious host" when Profily tells him to stop giving out medals. Announcer gives Profily a wooden medal in response.
Before the challenge
After the elimination, Announcer cancels BFB. Flower then questions if the Announcer is joking and why. Announcer responds with budget cuts. When Announcer said the reason why was BFB canceled, it shocked the contestants. Gelatin then proposes the idea of raising more money to continue the show, beginning the challenge.
Gelatin first asks X for help, but X refuses and explains how there's no point in saving the show since Four is gone. Purple Face uses the golden bus (which was very slow) to bring the contestants to an abandoned TV studio, at which he explains his idea to put on various TV shows of his own to raise more money.
The show starts with a talk show called the Purple Face Variety Hour, with Purple Face, Flower, and Gelatin. Purple Face soon asks Gelatin for his entire life story; however, Blocky's Funny Doings International appears, with Blocky explaining a prank involving X falling as soon as it starts. He tells Woody to start it by pushing Firey into Gelatin, but he runs away screaming. It cuts again to Taco looking in the bush at the Announcer, who seems to be looking for something. It goes again to Gelatin talking, and then Blocky goes off-screen to Woody, telling him it's okay not to like pranks and that he only gave him the show since he believed in Woody (and getting banned from purely making it by himself).
It cuts back to Taco looking at the Announcer and sees he was looking for the BFDI and BFB. Taco catches him, and the Announcer says how Four took his BFDI and that he is taking it back. Taco tells him how she isn't going to let that happen, and the Announcer tries to use the little-laser thingy from the last episode, but Taco smashes it to the ground. Gelatin is now talking to Purple Face about what he liked most about BFDI. Purple Face asks Flower how she likes his mustache, but Flower exclaims how he doesn't have one. Purple Face throws a quick fit of how he always thought he had one, but then it cuts again to a new segment, Purple Face's Torture Time with Flower. She is trapped in a cage with a bug. She says she is getting over her fear of bugs, but when Purple Face releases 500 bugs, Flower panics; however, Woody comes and tells her to breathe in and out. Flower soon calms down, and because of this, Blocky quickly comes up with a new show idea: Woody's Fear Destroyer International.
Meanwhile, Taco is questioning Announcer about BFB's budget, but he refuses to give any answers. Taco ends up threatening Announcer with a bowling ball to force him to say what she wants to know. Leafy gets a donation update which Purple Face was initially impressed with, until it was revealed to be just twelve dollars, frustrating him instead. Leafy begins to believe that Purple Face doesn't know how to run a show until she realizes that she doesn't know either. Gelatin then starts his TV show, in which he recites his name a few times, in a last-ditch effort to earn profits for the show. The show is somehow very successful, but Flower believes she can do better, so she pushes him off the stage and attempts the same thing, only to be booed off the stage by the audience, beat up, and have bugs down on her.
Leafy gives Purple Face another donation update of merely four dollars, causing Purple Face to become rather concerned about the show. He claims that the budget is left with only 54 dollars, a huge difference from the initial $300, and apologizes to Firey, Ruby, and Loser in sheer dismay. Ruby considered splitting the show up into two; then the screen moves to the Hotel with Pin, Saw, and Gaty in front of the camera, which then Ruby realizes that BFB and TPOT already split.
Firey then tries to start his show with him trying to tell the viewers why he should win the prize of every season, which Leafy approved, but then Purple Face claims that he somehow received a negative donation because of Firey's show. Nearing bankruptcy, Taco argues with the Announcer regarding the prize after returning for nine years. The announcer recalls the final 14 but told the camera to pan to the left, which Taco didn't believe. She then mentioned that everyone heard the Announcer came back a few months ago, leaving the Announcer to explain what happened finally.
He said that despite losing a lot of money producing Battle for Dream Island, he regained most of the money by Leafy buying Dream Island. He then reveals he wanted Battle for Dream Island to continue, repaired his spaceship, and returned to Earth (which Taco then finds out he was on Earth all along). He says that since he wanted Battle for Dream Island to continue, he told TV to calculate the results for the next season and made a list of Battle for Dream Island Again game rules (which was thrown at Book during the first episode). He also made a wheel of challenges, which he comments 'to make sure things didn't go off course too much without me.' He then realized that things soon descend into chaos, so he had to spend to make the Puffball speaker box. He soon had a minimal budget, and since everyone kept dying, he had to spend the last of his savings on an HPRC (Hand-Powered Recovery Center). He said he kept having to hide from the contestants, and it is shown that at the end of BFDIA 5e, Pencil finds the Announcer, but he convinces her that he is a tree using a Gelatin replica. He says all good things come to an end and says that when Battle for Dream Island Again ended production, he returned home. But then, he was caught off-guard when the creators made another season of BFDI. He exclaims how those two (X and Four) took his show and offered his most beloved treasure, a BFDI. He says of how they stole his work and his BFDI, so he waited until the perfect moment to come back. Luckily, the process was sped up by Two coming and the show splitting, and then he started planning his return. He stated how the final four seemed like the perfect time. And says of how he took back his show and BFB, but it is canceled (because of money problems). And he says since it is canceled, no one can win the BFDI. Taco is upset and tells the Announcer to give it back since they earned it. However, this is the time the budget finally runs out.
As the show's budget runs out, the quality begins to deteriorate. When the show's quality downgrades to a style that appeared to be similar to creation within Microsoft Paint, Purple Face urgently asks the contestants for season ideas. Gelatin considers an alternate timeline. Two never appeared, and the show never split (which does not go any better than they are now, as 40 contestants would still quit because everyone realized Four allowed Spongy and Loser to rejoin unfairly). Then, the show's budget decreases further, to the point that it appears to be a paper stop-motion animation. As the contestants prepare for the show’s end, Spongy asks for any money to continue. Leafy tries to use the Box of Paper Slips, but she cannot since 'the budget is too low. Gelatin suddenly remembers that Announcer gave Flower 50,000 dollars, but Flower refuses to give up her money, as it's meant for her business. The other contestants then try to plead and convince Flower to use her money as the show's budget drops so low that it simply becomes a basic storyboard, making Purple Face exclaim how he looks “even worse.” He is the one who convinces Flower to give up her 50,000 dollars to save the show finally. Announcer decides not to cancel BFB since the budget has returned.
At the end of the episode, when Gelatin and Flower are discussing about when Four is coming back, one of the Four-shaped cacti senses Flower's words, which causes a crack in the middle of the Desert, between Gelatin and Flower. When the earthquake stops, Flower wonder what it was that and the episode ends, thus continuing to the season finale.
71,828 votes have been cast.
|Icon||Contestant||Votes||Percentage of votes|
- In the stinger, Gelatin and Flower are wondering when Four is coming back, with one of the Four shaped cacti sensing Flower's words, which causes a crack in the middle of the desert.
- This means Four can hear and react to the outside world by controlling the desert.
- This is the first time a contestant gets over 40,000 and 30,000 votes.
- This is the first episode to reach 70,000 votes, surpassing the previous voting record of 59,779 votes from "Fashion For Your Face!"
- Since Teardrop is eliminated:
- There are no more contestants left.
- The ratio between the currently competing Have Cots and Have Nots are now equal.
- Gelatin is the highest-ranking member of the Have Cots.
- This became the third time Teardrop got eliminated. The other episodes were "Crybaby!" and "Zeeky Boogy Doog".
- This is the second time the final two of the entire season are both a male and a female; the first time was in "Return of the Hang Glider".
- Gelatin is the first, and only, finalist who didn't compete in season 1. Also, he is the first recommended character to hold that title.
- This is the second time the third-placing contestant is blue, water-based, and female; the first was Bubble.
- Flower is the the highest ranking female, BFDI contestant, and member of the Squashy Grapes.
- This is the second episode in a row to have an acronym in the title. The first was "B.F.B. = Back From Beginning."
- The "cancelled" gag returns for the first time since "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2".
- When the budget is running out, the scenes are on Microsoft Paint, paper, and the storyboard.
- The intro for this episode resembles the Battle for Nothing intro used in "Enter the Exit"; however, the final part of this episode intro has X frowning with his legs both spelling "b" on platforms that are attached to the Announcer, who has a sign with the letter "f" popping out from above him, making it spell "BFB".
- Gelatin is now the only BFB contestant (not including TPOT) to have never been eliminated.
- This is the 2nd time a sound is heard in the intro.
- The wires indicating Gelatin and Teardrop's votes never actually switched as Gelatin always held the lead.
- Taco uses her "recommend characters" pose from the show's Patreon after Flower's $50,000 saves the show.
- This is the second time a Cake at Stake only had one contestant safe with the first instance being in "A Leg Up in the Race".
- This episode holds the longest voting time in BFB.
- This episode is the first, and only, episode in which the voting period was extended.
- Since this episode was released in February, that means that between "The Escape from Four" and this one, at least one BFB episode has been released in all 12 months all in one year.
- Four is still within the Desert.
- Balloony saying, "Hoh! Hoh!" in reaction to budget cuts is a reference to his audition in "The Reveal".
- Taco watching the Announcer from behind a bush is the exact thing that Leafy did in "Sweet Tooth".
- Flower was hit by a meteor like she was in "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2" and "Return of the Hang Glider".
- Flashbacks to "The Escape from Four", "Return of the Hang Glider", "Getting Teardrop to Talk" and several episodes of BFDIA are shown while Announcer is telling his story.
- The pot thrown at Flower was the same one from "A Taste of Space".
- The face Bubble makes when the show's budget is restored is similar to the face she makes in "The Long-lost Yoyle City" when FreeSmart makes it to the top of Yoyle Mountain.
- This episode's plot is similar to Total Drama World Tour Aftermath episode "Revenge of the Telethon", where the show begins a fundraiser to afford plane fuel to keep the show going.
- The climax of the episode, where the animation begins to degrade after the budget runs out, is similar to the climax of the Amazing World of Gumball episode "The Money".
- Likewise, the animation downgrading part of this episode is also partly a reference to the beginning of the BFDI episode "Bowling, Now with Explosions!" in which the beginning of the episode had a joke announcement saying that the episode would be made only with puppets due to budget cuts.
- Purple Face saying, "Lights, Camera, Action!" is a common phrase recited to a film workers to cue to the start of filming a scene.
|"You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?" • "B.F.B. = Back From Beginning" • "SOS (Save Our Show)" • "Chapter Complete"|