|“||I don't H-8 this CR-8's TR-8's! I R-8 it a' STR-8 8 out of 8!||”|
— Saw, "Return of the Rocket Ship"
She is one of the 30 recommended characters that could have joined Battle for Dream Island. She failed to join with only 3 votes. She was also unable to join Battle for Dream Island Again, placing the third lowest in votes.
She finally gets to compete in BFB as a contestant and a member of .
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Official Character Guide biography
- 4 Status
- 5 Coverage
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Votes
- 8 Deaths
- 9 Kills
- 10 Trivia
- 11 Gallery
- 12 References
Saw appears to be a hand saw, a type of hand-held cutting tool, specifically used for cutting pieces of wood.
BFDI 17 (pre-debut)
- Saw's blade is dark grey.
- Saw's handle is brown.
- Saw's blade has 10 teeth.
BFDI 17 (post-debut) - BFDIA
- Saw now has grey screws on her handle.
- Saw's blade now has 16 teeth.
- Saw's blade is now a light grey.
- Saw's handle is now a darker brown.
- Saw's screws are now brown.
- Saw's blade shine is now white.
BFB 1 - BFB 8
- Saw is no longer a recolor of her BFDIA asset.
- Saw's blade now has 9 teeth.
- The gap in Saw's handle is no longer circular.
- During BFB 1, Saw's handle is burnt off after swimming through molten lava, and her screws are missing, so she was just a blade.
BFB 13 - TPOT
- Saw has a new handle, which is pink.
- Saw regains her screws, which are a darker pink.
Saw is somewhat worrisome, and she also tends to complain a lot, sometimes yelling at others when things go wrong. However, this side of her isn't really meant to be hostile. Saw also displays a level of common sense, as she scolds Liy for squeezing Four, saying "we don't know what it does". After Taco "abandoned" her team, she wasn't on good terms with her, until BFB 7, in which she is shocked to see Taco dead. Her voice also tends to crack quite a bit. From "Lick Your Way to Freedom" and the later episodes, her voice became more creaky.
Official Character Guide biography
If you were cutting a piece of wood in the middle of a lava flow during a volcanic eruption, it would be okay to use Saw. She is very sharp and can withstand the hot temperatures.
Still, cutting things is not really Saw's calling. It's not that she doesn't like slicing things up, although she may, but it's quite possible she doesn't like being held. We have to wonder, then, why she likes to experiment with different handles.
Did You Know?: When Saw wants to nibble on snacks, she has to be careful about which set of teeth to use.
Saw has returned after disappearing since "This Episode is About Basketball", and she is presumably still under the influence of 8-Ball's fumes, as she shouts "eight" when she says a word that has the "eight" sound in it.
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know" (does not speak coherently)
- "Welcome Back" (does not speak)
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom"
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"
- "Fortunate Ben" (does not speak)
- "Four Goes Too Far"
- "The Liar Ball You Don't Want"
- "Questions Answered"
- "Return of the Rocket Ship"
- "Don't Dig Straight Down" (does not speak)
- "The Four is Lava"
- "The Escape from Four" (speaks in group)
- "X Marks the Spot" (speaks in group)
- "B.F.B. = Back From Beginning" (mentioned)
- "SOS (Save Our Show)" (cameo)
- Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
- Non-canon appearances
Battle for Dream Island
In "Reveal Novum", Saw, along with Naily, Tree, and Barf Bag, only receives 3 of the 450 votes (0.027% of the votes) which is not enough to join the game. Saw angrily saws the Announcer before, along with Naily, Tree, and Barf Bag, they are picked up by the Sender Scoop Thrower and catapulted into the Locker of Losers.
In "Return of the Hang Glider", Saw watches the final Cake at Stake from the bleachers with the other recommended characters.
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", Saw only receives 36 votes, and does not join the game. She is then sent to the TLC.
She is one of the many prisoners in the TLC in "Welcome Back". She also tries escaping the LOL by attempting to saw a hole in the lid. She is given a chance to join the show by being voted out of the LOL.
Battle for BFDI
She is seen later telling off Liy, stating that she "doesn't know what it does", referring to Four when Liy squishes him. During team choosing, Gaty tells Saw to join her team, and Saw says that she'll bring along Lollipop and Taco, both her friends. When the teams are named, they are the last one to do so. They all say their names at once, combining to make team name . Before the challenge starts, Saw, Book, and Teardrop flutter their arms, telling Four to delay the challenge, but Pillow says that everyone's ready.
During the challenge, takes off into The Desert in pursuit of the basket. The team loses Ice Cube, Lollipop, Teardrop, Book, Gaty, and Taco in the process of running through the World's Largest Oven and molten lava, but Saw, without a handle, is able to bring back the basket back to X with Dora.
In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", Saw complains to Four that everyone else on her team, except Dora, has died. Four says they'll recover one person, so Saw asks Four to recover Taco but is interrupted by Stapy.
With their team at a major disadvantage, at two members, Saw is hopeless, but she is oblivious to the fact that Dora can break open jawbreakers with her head. She does this, freeing Book. finishes the challenge first as a result.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", she first appears on her team's swingset. She is saddened by Taco's death (as at that time Taco is still trapped in a jawbreaker). Once Team Ice Cube! and are left, Saw tells her exhausted team to push through, giving Taco the idea that would let her see the light of day. In addition to that, her team is spared from elimination again, but Saw is angry at Taco.
In "Fortunate Ben", Saw can be seen glaring possibly at Taco when they get on their team plane.
In "Four Goes Too Far", she tells her team to latch onto A Better Name Than That's rocket to escape the Twinkle. They take a trip to space, where Saw is amazed, as she hasn't been in space before. Unfortunately, when Book tells her to look at the Earth, Saw gets the Twinkle.
With five minutes left, ABNTT and have a stare-off, where each member of each team pass the Twinkle onto one another. However, Taco's loyalty to her team causes Bell to get the Twinkle, meaning that the Twinkle wasn't on the Moon. However, the rocket breaks, stranding the two teams.
In "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", she, her team (minus Taco), and ABNTT are still stuck on the Moon. She is shocked after Taco gets squished by the Liar Ball. She later tells Tennis Ball to make Remote turn left. Robot Flower breaks the connection between Remote and herself, and is safe again.
In "Questions Answered", she and everyone else make it back to earth after Donut forces the planet through TV's screen. She inhales 8-Ball's fumes when he is crushed by the moon and got eliminated. As a result, whenever she presses the buzzer to answer a question, she can only say the word "eight". She gets questions 3, 4 and 5 wrong because of this hindrance, before getting "What is the past tense of eat?" correct, since "ate" is a homophone of eight.
In "Return of the Rocket Ship", Saw is revealed to have returned and she starts the intro when greeting her team. She explains that she returned from a "SCENT CLEANSE" and has a new, pink handle (yet no one mentions or even acknowledges it). She says that the scent cleanse allegedly cured her of 8-Ball's fumes, although this later turns out to not fully be the case as she has the compulsion to scream "EIGHT" in words where it sounds like the number, causing Lollipop to question if the fumes are actually out of her system, in which Saw claims the fumes are out of her system. This doesn't satisfy Book as she constantly gets on Saw's case for "abandoning" them.
Later, she can be seen staring at a box of shovels, where Golf Ball's MMR shows that her thoughts are affected by her compulsion to scream 8 when thinking about words that contain similarities to the number 8, her eye twitching whenever she does so. As a result of Golf Ball's MMR sending a thought back, she gets a thought about Golf Ball's square root obsessions and blurts it out loudly.
Saw seems to be unaware that she is screaming 8 whenever a word sounding like the number comes up and believes that she is fully cured.
In "Don't Dig Straight Down", Saw can be seen being saved by Lollipop's fork repellent as it also repels lava. The episode ends however with Saw and most her teammates getting covered in lava when the can becomes empty.
In "The Four is Lava", it's revealed that Saw's team survived the lava and dug a hole underground. Because Saw is metal, she swims through the lava, with Dora shielding her handle with her mouth, to tell Four to save her team, although it's Dora who's able to tell Four to help. When all of is present, they all greet Taco after ignoring for so long. Saw hugs her, leaving a heated blade shape on Taco's face. Cake at Stake then begins and Saw is the third contestant safe at only 1,255 votes. ends up being the first team safe from elimination as they were already with Four in order to do Cake at Stake.
In "The Escape from Four", Saw walks with the other contestants to watch Four struggle at sucking up Spongy. Saw helps with pulling the eliminated contestants out of Four. She later quits BFB to compete in TPOT after seeing Two turn the sun into a spike ball to hit Four with. Later Saw can be seen smiling at Book as she allows Taco to go back to BFB.
In "X Marks the Spot", Saw cheered when Coiny claimed that X will now be able to keep hosting their show as long as the glue (which Lollipop switched with paint) keeps him in place. Saw gasps when the Four Colored Team ends up lassoing X away.
BFDI: The Power of Two
In "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?", Saw misses Lollipop and Taco, but still has Gaty. They both join Barf Bag's team since they're all shaped like zigzags. When naming the team, the members get into an argument. Saw tries to calm them down by saying they're teammates, but shouts EIGHT after "team", making the team name Team8s. Saw is used by Donut to climb the building, and when Gaty still needs to get up, she tells Donut to hold her over the edge to magnetically attract Gaty's hinges.
- Main article: Saw/Relationships
|18||3 (to join)|
|1||36 (to join)|
- "If Among Us Was a BFDI Challenge": Sucked into Black Hole.
- "If X-MAS in Among Us was a BFDI Challenge": Killed by a reactor explosion.
- "Battle for Dream Island: Official Character Guide/Instagram Promotion": Used by Bomby to slice Pencil in half.
- "If X-MAS in Among Us was a BFDI Challenge": Ejects Ruby, Rocky (accidentally), Donut, and Taco into space.
- Saw has quite a lot in common with Naily.
- Both injured Woody during their debut audition.
- Both got three votes to debut in "Reveal Novum".
- Both are hardware supplies.
- Both got shinier redesigns in IDFB.
- Both are female.
- Both are immune to lava.
- Both switched to TPOT after watching Two turn the sun into a spike ball.
- Both accidentally named their team in TPOT.
- Saw and Dora are the only contestants to have their permanent changes appear in the intro.
- Saw, along with Needle and Ice Cube, are the only contestants who are competing in TPOT with character changes from BFB.
- Out of all the recommended characters eligible to join in "Reveal Novum", Saw got the least votes out of all of them to join BFDIA.
- Saw is the first contestant to voluntarily skip several episodes of the competition.
- Saw was the first recommended character to appear/speak in BFB.
- Saw's IDFB asset was actually first used in "The Long-lost Yoyle City", but with a cyan handle instead of a brown one.
- Saw is one of the many characters who are immune to lava.
- Saw is Satomi Hinatsu's favorite character in BFDI.
- Though this may have changed after TPOT 1.
- It appears that Saw's new handle is permanent, due to it appearing in the intro.
- Despite this, Saw has her IDFB handle in her voting icon.
Click here to view the gallery.
BFB 16: Book • Gaty • Ice Cube • Lollipop • Saw • Taco • Teardrop