|“||I side with Robot Flower. Mechanical minds stick together.||”|
— TV, "The Liar Ball You Don't Want"
TV is a male contestant on Battle for BFDI and The Power of Two, and one of the 30 recommended characters that could have been voted into the competition in "The Reveal". He only got 13 votes, placing him 7th in the voting and not entering the game.
In BFDIA, he only received 287 votes to join placing him 24th (21st after the contestants who weren't present were disqualified) which was extremely close but was not enough to join. However, he ended up being the host for a few episodes because Firey said he was the closest to the Announcer. He became a co-host in "Insectophobe's Nightmare 3", when Puffball Speaker Box became the host.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Official Character Guide biography
- 4 Coverage
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Votes
- 7 Deaths
- 8 Kills
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
- 11 References
TV appears to be a flat-screen plasma (also widescreen) television. He has the ability to hide his feet and rest on the ground from the stand. He also can project images and videos on his display instead of his normal face.
- TV has dark outlines on his border.
- TV gradient becomes completely black and white.
- TV becomes a lot larger in width and height.
- TV's outline is slightly bigger.
- TV loses his legs and face (although sometimes his face appears).
- TV is a lot smaller.
- TV loses his gradient.
- TV gets his legs and face back.
- TV's screen became more detailed.
- TV now has a shadow.
- TV has smaller legs.
While TV rarely speaks, he uses pictures and words to show how he's feeling and when he is talking to contestants. TV himself is often used by the other contestants to display information, stats, and Cake at Stake results.
In BFDI, TV dreams to win Dream Island. However, after realizing he only got 13 votes, which isn't enough to join, he shows an Announcer being crushed on his screen, indicating that TV is angry at him. Afterward, he is sent to the LOL.
In BFDIA, TV expresses major excitement when he becomes the host. In later episodes, he can be random and talks about things that just happened using words.
In BFB, TV is again mostly silent, though displays his emotions and feelings through visual aid on his screen. While TV has been rude before, such as when he told Robot Flower not to talk, he also sided with Robot Flower when she closed the signal in "The Liar Ball You Don't Want". TV, despite being mostly silent, is expressive and emotional, and maybe also snarky and has a sense of humor, as his voting icon is him displaying the word "don't", so that his voting message would be read as "don't type [E] to eliminate TV".
Starting in "Return of the Rocket Ship", he uses clips from previous episodes of BFDI-BFB to articulate full phrases instead of speaking.
Official Character Guide biography
TV is a flat-screen who rarely speaks. He uses videos to communicate his thoughts, memories, and provide teammates with information. In fact, TV is so good at providing information that he served as the host for a short time in BFDIA!
Fries... wasn't a fan.
While televisions will often dominate a room, TV is happy staying in the background and doing what he thinks needs to be done. When someone needs him to display information, TV is happy to oblige.
Did You Know?: TV has had a long history of counting votes, so he's learned how to estimate votes with a 100-vote margin of error.
Instances of TV speaking are rare. As a result, TV's nonspeaking roles are not listed, but instances of him speaking are.
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- "Welcome Back" (cameo)
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom"
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset" (does not speak coherently)
- "Today's Very Special Episode" (speaks)
- "Fortunate Ben"
- "Four Goes Too Far"
- "The Liar Ball You Don't Want" (speaks)
- "Questions Answered"
- "This Episode Is About Basketball" (flashback only)
- "Enter the Exit"
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?"
- "Return of the Rocket Ship" (speaks via video)
- "Don't Dig Straight Down" (speaks via video)
- "The Four is Lava"
- "The Escape from Four" (speaks via video)
- "SOS (Save Our Show)" (flashback)
- "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?" (speaks via video)
- Non-canon appearances
Battle for Dream Island
TV is one of the 30 recommended characters eligible to join BFDI in "The Reveal".
In "Reveal Novum", TV plays a scene in which he wins BFDI, but then Announcer tells him he has 13 votes, which isn't enough to join. He then plays a scene where the Announcer is crushed before being flung to the LOL.
In "Return of the Hang Glider", TV is in the massive crowd of Recommended Characters on the bleachers who are watching the final Cake at Stake.
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", TV only gets 287 votes, which ends up being 1 position short of the competition in BFDIA. However, Firey decides that TV should be the host. For the tug-of-war challenge, TV sets the timer for when to start and then displays "GO" on his screen.
In "Get Digging", he plays two Cake at Stake songs, both of which are hated by Gelatin and Fries. At Cake at Stake, TV reveals that Coiny won the prize and Donut is eliminated. TV ends up choosing W.O.A.H. Bunch as the winning team as he found their Yoylestew sweet and simple.
In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 3", he plays another Cake at Stake song which Fries calls a bit of an improvement from his last attempt. He co-hosts with Puffball Speaker Box after Puffball receives her as a prize, and reveals that Dora is eliminated.
In "Get in the Van", TV acts a lot more interactive as he has several background texts in response to what's happening. With Puffball Speaker Box killed, TV now co-hosts with Firey Speaker Box. During Cake at Stake, he displays some images of Donut as Firey Speaker Box explains that his corpse is being used as the cake. He reveals that Puffball won the prize again and Match is eliminated. This would mark his last appearance in BFDIA.
In "Welcome Back", TV is somehow in the Tiny Loser Chamber despite hosting for the previous season. He is given a chance to join the show. Had the season continued, he wouldn't have had enough votes to join.
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", TV is initially seen cheering on Loser, displaying text saying "I Loser", with a rotating Loser after the word "I". Later on, when the teams are forming, Golf Ball chooses TV and Robot Flower to join A Better Name Than That, reasoning that if their team has two mechanical minds, then they will outmatch the other teams. In response, TV displays a real-life time-lapse of a flower blooming. When A Better Name Than That is named, TV displays the team's logo on his screen. During the challenge, TV is assigned the task of relaying coordinates of the position of the basket. He also flings 8-Ball and Basketball with the trebuchet to weigh the baskets down. He can be seen frowning at Golf Ball and Tennis Ball's corpses as 8-Ball explains that they should use the trebuchet to get the basket to X, which makes their team safe.
In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", TV simultaneously shows two clips from the previous episode of Blocky killing Tennis Ball and Golf Ball. He is also part of the crowd yelling at Four to revive contestants, though his back was turned to the camera, obstructing his face. He does not actively participate in the challenge. He reappears in the stinger, where he can be partially seen in the group of contestants running around while Taco is stuck inside a jawbreaker.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", TV is first seen during the challenge, where he, along with the rest of A Better Name Than That, follows 8-Ball's orders and ignores Golf Ball's. He also turns purple alongside Robot Flower when 8-Ball tells them to.
In "Today's Very Special Episode", TV displays the timer of ABNTT wasting time. He also shows his ability to retract his legs into his body, explaining the assumed inconsistency of his design in earlier episodes. TV, along with the rest of his team, reprimands Golf Ball for disobeying 8-Ball's orders, calling her actions "treason". TV also interrupts and scolds Robot Flower for talking, saying that she is a machine. Ironically, this was the first time TV spoke, excluding his Cake at Stake jingles in BFDIA.
In "Fortunate Ben", TV is first seen boarding his team plane, sporting a big smile. While in flight, TV showcases his alarm at the plane's lack of control by displaying an exclamation point.
In "Four Goes Too Far", TV rides in a sled with the rest of A Better Name Than That in an effort to finally get rid of Four. After their victory, TV flashes the word "EPIC" on his screen. During the challenge, TV boards the top floor of Golf Ball's Rocket in an attempt to escape the Twinkle of Contagion. While on the Moon, TV calculates that the odds of the Twinkle returning to Earth at 0.0017%. Once Saw announces that the Twinkle has left the Moon, TV shows his joy by showing a picture of a man in a suit giving a thumbs-up. However, when Golf Ball's Rocket breaks, he shows that image upside-down, giving the appearance of the man giving a thumbs-down. In the stinger, TV is shown displaying a light-blue, reflective screen.
In "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", TV is shown still stranded on the Moon, along with the rest of A Better Name Than That and a Taco-less . During Robot Flower's control of Remote, TV displays a live-feed of the challenge back on Earth. When Basketball inquires TV about whether he knew about Robot Flower closing the connection, TV responds that he sides with Robot Flower, saying that "mechanical minds stick together".
In "Questions Answered", TV shows Donut through the screen for Cake at Stake. After Donut announces this, TV shows a checkmark and plays a triumphant sound. Golf Ball then tells him (while he's offscreen) not to "fudge" the results, to which TV plays a less triumphant sound and also shows something red, possibly a cross. After getting angry at Lollipop laughing, Donut shuts her mouth with his hands coming out of TV's screen. When asked how he is able to do this, Donut says it's due to the camera being to transmit matter, and when asked to take them back to Earth that way, he says it can only send things one way. Eventually, Donut sends the entire Earth through the camera and out of TV. After getting back onto Earth, Cake at Stake continues, and the members of A Better Name Than That are all far away from Donut. He says they don't have to sit so far, which is followed by them all going inside his hole. TV is safe with 2,578 votes.
In "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", TV is shown displaying a chart of whose minds are swapped into which body. He also shows a flashback of Lightning flying around erratically, which leads to Fanny discovering that he is the impostor.
In "Return of the Rocket Ship", TV begins to talk using words previously said by characters from earlier seasons to form sentences rather than text to speech. After Tennis Ball discovers the coordinates for X's emeralds, TV tells his team that they must keep the coordinates a secret so they have an advantage over the other teams, only for Grassy to yell them out anyway. Later, when Basketball tells Grassy she doesn't understand why Golf Ball won't trust her, TV reminds her that she was the impostor in the previous episode. TV sits blank-faced after his team finds where to dig, and is last seen smiling in Golf Ball's rocket.
In "Don't Dig Straight Down", TV continues to talk using words previously said by characters from earlier seasons. When his team finds the emerald, he suggests bringing the emerald back to Four, which is accepted by Golf Ball. TV then wall-jumps with the rest of his team.
In "The Four is Lava", TV is recovered.
In "The Escape from Four", TV is first seen walking towards Four to watch him struggle to suck up Spongy. He then quits BFB and joins TPOT. He later replies "It appears so" to Two when he asks if Four and his contestants are gone, again using clips from previous episodes.
In "SOS (Save Our Show)", Announcer reveals that he got in contact with TV to put together the voting for BFDIA.
In "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?", TV shows footage of Four adding the BFDI back to their prize to the TPOT contestants. He shows Rubber Spatula all the names of users who voted them to join. He also displays all the votes during the final 3 and when Two checks to see who got the second most amount of votes. TV joins Golf Ball's team when she has one last spot left. When Golf Ball nearly names her team to "Our Team Name Will Have To Be", the corresponding text shows up on TV, and this happens again once the team is called "Are You Okay". During the challenge, he suggests using Tennis Ball's trebuchet. This results in them getting swung back and forward until Puffball stops them. When his team is safe, he celebrates with an applause, which is just a clip of Coiny and Firey slapping each other rapidly.
- Main article: TV/Relationships
|18||13 (to join)|
|1||287 (to join)|
|1||318 (to join)|
- "Half a Loaf Is Better Than None": Runs into a vat of hydrochloric acid.
- "Bowling, Now with Explosions!": Burns to death while trapped in a large metal box.
- "Reveal Novum": Gets crushed by the sun while in the Locker of Losers.
- "Don't Dig Straight Down": Dies in the lava (off-screen).
Number of kills: 1
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Four||1||"Four Goes Too Far" (along with A Better Name Than That and Donut)|
- TV, Tree, Portable Music Player, Winner, Purple Face, Rubber Spatula, and Two are the only characters to not have American accents.
- In TV's case, he spoke with a Scottish accent in one episode.
- TV is one of two contestants who have been a host. The other is Donut.
- TV is one of the 4 "mechanical minds" in BFB alongside Remote, Robot Flower, and Roboty.
- He is one of the few contestants to have white facial features rather than the usual black. This also applies to 8-Ball, Cake, Remote, Profily, and Price Tag.
- TV is one of the 3 characters to be voiced by a text-to-speech, the others are Remote and Announcer. 4 if one counts Dora prior to BFB.
- TV is one of the few contestants who aren't included in TPOT's credits, along with Ice Cube, Rocky, and Remote.
- In BFDIA, TV got the most votes out of the contestants who failed to join.
- TV was the last ever contestant to enter the TLC.
- TV is the only non-BFDI(A) contestant on Are You Okay.
- During the voting screen in The Liar Ball You Don't Want, the words "don't" appear on the screen, saying the words "don't type [E] to eliminate TV." This counts as a 4th wall break.
- TV is also called Telly in his joining audition.
- As seen in "Today's Very Special Episode", TV can retract his legs into his body at will.
- He is the only contestant who has this ability.
- Apparently, TV's tongue has a static effect when his tongue is off his body as shown on his favorite screen in "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know".
- In "Four Goes Too Far", after Four is multiplied by 0, TV shows the final votes like he did in BFDIA.
- Despite being a television, TV acts more like a computer, as he calculates votes, displays various pictures and videos, and even plays random noises, none of which are the type of characteristics a real-life television could do.
- "Today's Very Special Episode" marks the first time TV has spoken. (Most other noises made by TV were from either random noises or someone screaming, or the mechanic voices used for announcing Cake at Stake, but now he has a proper voice.)
- In BFB 4 and BFB 7, he was voiced by a text-to-speech voice.
- TV gained a Scottish accent in "The Liar Ball You Don't Want".
- In "Return of the Rocket Ship" and onward, TV speaks using clips from previous episodes to talk, though Kenzie Bryant is credited as the one who voiced him.
- This is because she is the one responsible for assembling the clips into TV.
- However, he is no longer listed under Kenzie in TPOT's credits.
- He is the only mechanical mind whose name doesn't begin with an "R".
- As shown in "Four Goes Too Far", TV has the ability to act as a mirror.
- Despite the fact he was never sent to the TLC in BFDIA, he was in the TLC/LOL in "Welcome Back".
- TV is the first character to appear in TPOT.
- At the end of the TPOT intro, TV has a green teapot on his screen.
- Based on the Announcer's story, TV is the only character who was aware of the Announcer's presence back on Earth before he revealed himself in "B.F.B. = Back From Beginning".
Click here to view the gallery.
|Announcer • Flower Speaker Box • Firey Speaker Box • Puffball Speaker Box • TV • Four • X • Two • Donut • HelloKevin|
|A Better Name Than That|
BFB 16: Basketball • Blocky • Golf Ball • Grassy • Robot Flower • Tennis Ball • TV
|Are You Okay|