|“||I'm waiting for that yacht.||”|
"Take the Plunge: Part 2" is the second part of the first-ever episode in all of BFDI. The two winners from the previous episode, Pin, and Leafy choose the members of the two teams for the competition: the Squishy Cherries and the Squashy Grapes respectively. It was released on January 1, 2010.
On January 19, 2016, this episode was taken off of YouTube for seemingly violating YouTube's guidelines (for unknown reasons), and was re-uploaded. A video was later made discussing this situation. On January 22, 2016, the original video went back up, and the re-uploaded version is now unlisted.
- Fish Monster
- Golf Ball
- Ice Cube
- Tennis Ball
- Strange Ocean Creatures
Picking the teams
The episode starts with the word "So..." (the same one used in XFOHV) sliding across the screen. Leafy and Pin get to choose the teams because they were the last two contestants standing on the balance beam from the previous part. Leafy chooses Ice Cube to be on her team. When Ice Cube thanks Leafy for picking her as Pencil rejected her from her alliance, Pin suddenly chooses Pencil. Leafy wondered who should she choose, to which Ice Cube replies that it was up to her. Leafy then chooses Teardrop, calling her the "silent type", to which Teardrop glares at Leafy. When Flower hears this, she calls Teardrop stupid for not being able to talk. Bubble told Flower to be nice. Flower tells Snowball to beat Bubble up, but Snowball refuses, so Flower calls him a wimp. Snowball then tells Coiny and Blocky that Flower is starting to get on his nerves. Blocky decides to beat up Bubble for Flower, whilst cornering and forcing her to sit on the Announcer. Flower cheers Blocky on, as the Announcer calls for Pin to choose another teammate, and ends up popping her with a kick.
When it is Pin's turn to pick someone to be on her team, Pencil requests Pin to choose Bubble, which she does, so Bubble jumps out of her recovery center and onto her new team. Then, Leafy starts thinking of another teammate to join. She chooses Needle (Ice Cube seems to agree as well) as she excitedly runs towards Leafy's team. Pencil chooses Match to be on Pin's team to complete Pencil's alliance, to which Match is happy that she remembers their alliance. Announcer then suggests for them to pick a boy. When Needle chooses Snowball, Blocky says that Needle and Snowball are in love, which Needle answers she likes Coiny more. Snowball and Coiny gasp, and Blocky furiously says, "Did you just say that?" but she states that it was an accident. Pin then asks her team if she could choose Pen for her team, to which Match agrees, so she invites him over. Snowball then angrily glares at Needle for the comment she made, but then Leafy breaks off the argument (while pushing Needle off) and tells them to settle down as it was time to pick someone else. Snowball requests Coiny on his team just because Needle said that she liked him more than himself, to which Needle stands up and apologizes and asks if it was really a big deal. Match wants Firey to be on her team, but Pin disapproves. Match retorts what makes her the leader of the team. Despite the argument, he joins in anyway.
After that, Firey says that Match made a good choice after choosing him, and Coiny disagrees. The screen shows who was left, and Needle was wondering who would be the next person to be chosen, Leafy said "There's always TB. He's smart." When it is Pin's turn again, Pin didn't know who to choose because she thought they were all pretty bad, and her only choices to pick from were Flower (wouldn't choose for "obvious reasons"), Eraser (thinks he's cool to do anything), Blocky (he has issues), Spongy (so fat and smelly), Golf Ball (too bossy), Rocky (no arms), and Woody (afraid of things such as sharp things, fire, and bubbles). After Pin pointed out the remaining contestants' weak points, Announcer asks who she is choosing. Pin chooses Eraser as he was the least horrible out of all of the people left. Leafy, along with Needle, and Tennis Ball, choose Golf Ball. The screen pans to the final 5, who aren't chosen in a team yet. When it was Pin's turn to choose someone to be on her team, Pen and Eraser choose Blocky, their friend, much to Match's dismay. Blocky then shares a high-five with Pen. Tennis Ball then discusses with Needle how Flower is angry at everyone, to which Needle does not like where "this is going". Tennis Ball says Flower could become more of an enemy if Pin's team gets her and suggests that they pick her for their team, much to Needle's dismay, but Golf Ball agrees with him, and Coiny teases them about having a crush on each other. Golf Ball then argues that they are only friends. Blocky then says with emphasis that the team should not pick Spongy, and he joins in anyway. Match gets mad at him and asks "What was that for?". When Rocky and Woody are left, Leafy chooses Rocky over Woody. Therefore, Woody is the only choice for Pin, and she starts going uneasy and barfs on him in disgust.
Naming the teams
When it is time for them to name their teams, both teams start saying lots of team names, but when the Announcer sees that both teams are far from an agreement, he chooses the names for them. He says that Pin's team will be called the Squishy Cherries (to which Blocky protests), and Leafy's team will be called the Squashy Grapes.
The first contest is to build a boat, get in it, and row it across the Goiky Canal and the first team to make it across the Goiky Canal wins, and the losing team gets one of their members kicked out. The Squashy Grapes start chatting. Golf Ball tells all her teammates that she plans to build a motorboat. The Squashy Grapes continue chatting, to which she asks if anyone is listening to her. Snowball retorts how confusing the plan is, but Golf Ball doesn't care about what he says. Snowball threatens her that he would push her off the cliff. Golf Ball doesn't believe it and proceeds to mock that Snowball's brain wouldn't allow such insanity. Enraged, he charges directly at her, causing her to fly off from the cliff and fall into the water below. Everyone, except for Flower, who just walks away, and Rocky, who instead gets knocked into the air, run away in fear. Then Rocky falls onto Snowball and gets knocked off the cliff. Firey tries to bang a hammer on a nail on the boat, but the nail falls, and he instead slams the hammer onto his other hand. Pin tells him to be more careful, and Eraser steps on the nail that dropped. Eraser shoots up in pain and falls back first on a bed of nails.
15 minutes later, the Squishy Cherries finish their boat, and Bubble says that it looks boxy but says it's okay. The Squashy Grapes start to build their boat except for Flower, who refuses to help and is instead, waiting for it to be finished. Meanwhile, the Squishy Cherries decide Match, Pen, and Pencil to be their oars. Blocky doesn't seem excited about that, but Pen is. Bubble then tells the rest of the team to get in the boat. Back to the Squashy Grapes, Leafy puts a motor on the boat. Leafy and Ice Cube get on first while the rest of the team starts chattering away. Coiny warns Flower that the boat starts drifting away, and the Squashy Grapes rush to get in. Coiny managed to get in, but Needle and Teardrop instead fall into the water. Flower refuses to jump. Tennis Ball instead swims over. Leafy says that she feels bad, but Coiny doesn't care and starts the motor. Tennis Ball is right behind the motor at that moment, and he has propelled away from the boat.
Meanwhile, back to the Squishy Cherries, Blocky uses Match as an oar. After Match gasps for air, she tells Blocky not to leave her underwater for more than 30 seconds. Just then, a hole opens up in the boat, sending water into the boat. Firey yells "LEAK!!" and Blocky blocks the hole with his edge corner. Just then, a fish comes along and bites Blocky's rear causing him to shoot up in the air in pain, and he apparently gets eaten by a giant Fish Monster. Pencil appears out of the water in the hole that the leak is in, and Firey says for her to stay there, as they need a plug.
Soon, Leafy, Ice Cube, and Coiny's boat arrives, and they scream because their boats are about to crash, but instead, The Grapes' boat uses the Cherries' as a ramp and starts to fly in the air. The Cherries' boat starts to break. Meanwhile, Leafy, Ice Cube, and Coiny and their boat fly over a bunch of random things. Ice Cube gets scared, and they fly past the finish line. They fly through several trees. Eventually, one catches them and sends them into a different pool of water, to Coiny's disappointment. Meanwhile, the Squishy Cherries panic as their boat is breaking. Pin says there is too much weight on the boat, and they have to throw someone overboard. They make a good choice and throw Spongy overboard. An out-of-breath Pen swims under the boat to the other side and says they could swim to the finish line because it is 20 or so yards away. Firey says that he can't swim. Just then, the boat breaks completely and separates, leaving some contestants on the Cherries on each of the platforms. A few of them jumped off or were in the water already.
Pencil tells Match to swim with them, but Match says she doesn't have any energy left. Then Match hears some chattering and sees the Squashy Grapes except for Leafy, Ice Cube, Coiny, and Flower floating on Spongy.
Back to the Grapes, Leafy, Ice Cube, and Coiny swim back to land and spot the Cherries swimming toward the finish line where the Announcer is standing. Pin starts floating towards Bubble. Bubble tells Pin to slow down as she's about to pop her, but it was too late. She ended up popping Bubble. As Leafy, Ice Cube, and Coiny run to the finish, a gust of wind comes and blows Leafy away due to her lightweight. Pen makes it to land, with Eraser floating towards the coast. Ice Cube slides across the grass to get to the finish, leaving a trail of slippery water, which Coiny slips onto it. Pen and Eraser run towards the finishing line, with Pin and Pencil behind. Ice Cube slides into the finish line, but the finish line ribbon stretches against her, and Pen knocks her away by using his cap before she rips it. Pin reaches the surface and runs towards the finish line to poke the ribbon and cause it to rip apart.
That makes the Squishy Cherries win and puts the members of the Squashy Grapes up for elimination. Voting is revealed to end on January 10th, and the 2nd episode is announced for February 1st, 2010.
|Cary Huang||Ice Cube/Pin/Match/Spongy/Rocky/Needle|
|Michael Huang||Leafy/Flower/Bubble/Snowball/Coiny/Blocky/Pencil/Snowball/Firey/Golf Ball/Woody/Eraser/Pen/Tennis Ball|
- In January 2019, this episode was reanimated in "BFDI 1a+1b Reanimated! Fan-made MAP (Multi Animator Project)" as part of BFDI's ninth anniversary.
- Pin sweats water normally in this episode when Woody joins her team, even though in "Get Digging" she sweats ooze.
- DELETED SCENE: After Pin popped Bubble near the end, the Announcer said, "I'm waiting, what's taking them so long?" This audio clip was found in the flash files.
- The weird noises from the weird creatures made a cameo in "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset" on Barf Bag's "scientific" easel.
- Rocky and Woody got picked last by the team captains, Leafy and Pin respectively.
- Ironically, in BFB, Rocky and Woody were put on the same team (Beep), and after Leafy's return in BFB, Leafy and Pin are now on the same team (The Losers!).
- The first-ever vote of BFDI and object show history was cast on this episode by Jaysillyboy, in which he voted for Flower.
- In the storyboard, the team names were originally going to be the team names from TFI, but it had crossed out.
- Part 2 was uploaded 26 minutes after Part 1. (8:11:19 a.m. PST then 8:37:22 a.m. PST)
- All of Michael's scenes for this episode have not been recovered due to his hard drive crashing in May 2010, according to Michael himself, during a stream, which he and Cary explore the source files for the episode.
- When Needle replies to Blocky that she likes Coiny more, she uses the closed eyes asset from "When Video Games Malfunction!".
- Ice Cube thanks Leafy for picking her since Pencil rejected her from the alliance during the last episode's challenge.
- Match is happy when Pencil and Bubble remember that they're in an alliance, which they formed in the last episode, during team picking.
- When trying to decide on the team name, Firey shouts out "TROGDOR!", a reference to the Homestar Runner character of the same name.
- At points, Spongy is legless, and Firey's top has no animation.
- When Snowball turns to Coiny and Blocky, the grass follows that camera which causes the grass to break.
- Pin was sweating water when they got stuck with Woody.
- It was proved in "Get Digging" that pins sweat ooze, not water.
- Blocky's mouth was upside-down at times.
- At 2:24, Eraser pops up at the corner of the screen.
- At 3:40, the footage suddenly becomes interlaced, it goes back to normal at 4:33.
- At 6:05, Leafy's left leg overlaps Tennis Ball.
- When Pin is discussing why everyone is bad to choose from, when the screen moves to Flower, the ground moves.
- When the Squishy Cherries's boat crashed Pencil is gone.
- Pencil seems to stick with a boat when the boat is cracking. When the boat cracked down, Firey's top has no animation.
- When Tennis Ball attempts to jump into the boat, Ice Cube and Coiny disappear for a split second before the scene changes.
- When the screen shows some of the members of the Squishy Cherries nearly at the finish line, before the screen pans into Pin and Bubble, Pin is limbless.
- When the Squashy Grapes say they want Golf Ball on their team, Ice Cube has no face or legs.
- When Teardrop throws the 2 pieces of the boat, the one that's closer to the camera disappears for a frame.
- Bubble pops when Blocky kicks her.
- Bubble gets popped by Pin.
|Take the Plunge/Part 1 • Take the Plunge/Part 2 • Barriers and Pitfalls • Are You Smarter Than a Snowball? • Sweet Tooth • Bridge Crossing • Power of Three • Puzzling Mysteries • Cycle of Life • Insectophobe's Nightmare • Crybaby! • Lofty • A Leg Up in the Race|