— Teardrop, on multiple occasions
In BFDI, she was on the Squashy Grapes, but was eliminated in "Crybaby" because Snowball has been chosen by the Squishy Cherries instead of her. In BFDIA, she was originally on Team No-Name and was forced to switch to W.O.A.H. Bunch. She was eliminated in "Zeeky Boogy Doog", making her the first season 1 contestant voted off the second season.
In IDFB, she had a chance to rejoin the show. She got 1,598 votes, placing her 4th.
In BFB, Teardrop competed on , and competed on the Have Cots until BFB 24, when the teams were split up.
Teardrop appears to be a drop of lacrimal fluid, the fluid produced when eyes water, cleaning pathogens. Her outline is cyan, and her inside is azure, which gets lighter towards the center. When Teardrop is at her evaporation stage, she is a very light azure, which is hardly seen.
- Teardrop's body was darker.
- Teardrop has a transparent outline.
- Teardrop's body is more bright.
- Teardrop's outline is darker and non-transparent.
- Teardrop's outline is more grayish-purple.
Teardrop's personality has been shrouded in mystery as she is either unable to speak or prefers not to do so. However, she is portrayed as slightly competitive and fairly intelligent.
Teardrop is often shown acting enthusiastic and impulsive, as seen in "Take the Plunge: Part 1", when she kicked Woody without thinking about the consequences, and when she pushed Rocky from the balance beam at full speed, causing her to fall off too. In "Today's Very Special Episode", this is showcased when she excitedly jumps at Four in an attempt to make-over him. Her impulsiveness is also demonstrated in "Zeeky Boogy Doog", when she quickly chose the HPRC over the immunity into the final 15 without even thinking twice after being told she didn't need it. This also shows how she isn't hard to persuade.
Teardrop tends to get picked on and hassled by the other contestants because she doesn't speak. She seems to often be testy with her inability to speak and also doesn't do so even when it puts her in danger, such as when Liy attempted to make her speak by forcing Ice Cube to wiggle her vocal cords, which clearly caused Teardrop discomfort. This shows that she likely doesn't choose to remain silent.
Teardrop could also be considered mischievous, as seen in "The Four is Lava" when she has a happy thought of breaking windows with a hammer. And in "Who Stole Donut's Diary?", she disobeys orders given by her teammates and uses a typewriter to write a comic about herself instead of documenting the case.
Official Character Guide biography
Teardrop is a mysterious character. That's because she doesn't want to, or cannot speak.
Teardrop is one of the most divisive characters, with campaigns to both keep her and to eliminate her running strong in 2012. The elimination campaign won.
You Don't Say!: Teardrop has spoken as many times as Roboty's chest compartment has been opened.
One of Teardrop's signature characteristics is her inability to speak, though it is not confirmed if it's by choice or disability. She communicates with facial expressions, gestures, lasers, and movement. She often is teased or hassled by other contestants due to this.
- Lasers: Teardrop is shown to be able to fire lasers from her fingers, although only in the episode "Zeeky Boogy Doog". The lasers don't appear very harmful, only leaving a scorch mark on the Challenge Wheel. So far, she has only used it as an alternative means to communicate.
- Water absorption: Teardrop is shown to be able to absorb tears into her body. They don't appear to affect her drastically, only making her smile.
- Oxygen independence: In "A Taste of Space", Teardrop is shown to be perfectly fine even with the absence of oxygen while the rest of her teammates struggled to breathe. She remained silent and still and when awarded air, she simply sniffed.
- Battle for Dream Island
- "Take the Plunge: Part 1"
- "Take the Plunge: Part 2"
- "Barriers and Pitfalls"
- "Are You Smarter Than a Snowball?"
- "Sweet Tooth"
- "Bridge Crossing"
- "Power of Three"
- "Puzzling Mysteries"
- "Cycle of Life"
- "Insectophobe's Nightmare"
- "Crybaby!" (eliminated)
- "Half a Loaf Is Better Than None"
- "Gardening Hero"
- "The Glistening"
- "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2"
- "Return of the Hang Glider"
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- "Welcome Back" (voting screen)
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom"
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"
- "Today's Very Special Episode"
- "Fortunate Ben"
- "Four Goes Too Far"
- "Questions Answered"
- "This Episode Is About Basketball"
- "Enter the Exit"
- "Get to the Top in 500 Steps"
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?"
- "Return of the Rocket Ship"
- "Don't Dig Straight Down"
- "The Four is Lava"
- "The Escape from Four"
- "X Marks the Spot"
- "Take the Tower"
- "How Loe Can You Grow?"
- "A Taste of Space"
- "Let's Raid The Warehouse"
- "Who Stole Donut's Diary?"
- "Fashion For Your Face!"
- "The Game Has Changed"
- Non-canon appearances
Battle for Dream Island
At the beginning of "Take the Plunge: Part 1", Woody shows his crush on Teardrop, to which she responds by angrily kicking him far away. Tennis Ball tells her to calm down and comments that since Woody is made of balsa wood, a kick could severely injure him. In "Take the Plunge: Part 2", Teardrop is chosen for Leafy's team. She later becomes angry at Leafy for calling her "The Silent Type".
In "Barriers and Pitfalls", Teardrop is safe at no votes at Cake at Stake, along with Leafy, Needle, Ice Cube, Rocky, Coiny, and Snowball. She is later seen jumping over a hole with Firey and Coiny. At the end of the obstacle course, she helps Needle get water in the Squashy Grapes' bucket, causing the Grapes to win.
In "Are You Smarter Than a Snowball?", Teardrop is not seen for most of the episode, but she completes the test and gets 15 out of 20 questions correct. Due to Blocky and Pen cheating, the Squashy Grapes win the challenge.
At the beginning of "Bridge Crossing", Teardrop is blown away by the wind (from Needle's cake in "Sweet Tooth"), and is caught in a tree. She then is seen with Pin, and the latter asks her "What?" Teardrop is later mentioned when Coiny asks Snowball if he would throw her off the cliff.
In "Power of Three", Teardrop is grouped with Leafy and Tennis Ball. She then is put on the bar and runs very fast. Later, TD, Leafy, and TB get 2nd place in the challenge, and they are flung away by the spring.
In "Puzzling Mysteries", Teardrop isn't seen much but is seen when the Announcer tells the Squashy Grapes to vote for a new team member onto their team. She has her mouth open, looking like she is screaming (she has no voice).
In "Insectophobe's Nightmare", Teardrop is picked onto the Squashy Grapes for the 2nd time, and she is tied up in the ball with Leafy, Ice Cube, and Blocky during the challenge.
In "Crybaby!", Teardrop is eliminated from the competition, meaning she cannot win Dream Island. Ironically, the contest immediately following her elimination is to cry the most water.
In "Half a Loaf Is Better Than None", Teardrop doesn't do well in the bread contest, as she only gets 13 loaves in total.
In "The Glistening", Teardrop receives the second most votes to rejoin at 148 votes. However, she is beaten by Flower, so Teardrop is sent back to the TLC.
In "Return of the Hang Glider", Teardrop doesn't vote for anyone since she has no voice to vote with. After the Cake at Stake song, it shows her miming "Cake at Stake!" with the rest of the contestants. Firey later wins and lets Teardrop onto the island, and she later helps Golf Ball find out who took Dream Island.
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", Teardrop receives enough votes to join Season 2, placing 4th with 585 votes. Teardrop is seen in this episode but isn't mentioned.
In "Get Digging", Teardrop is forced over to the team W.O.A.H. Bunch by Coiny and Pin. She looks like she wants to say no, but since she doesn't verbally say so, Coiny and Pin ignore her resistance. Later, Teardrop runs into a high five with Pin and Coiny, and the two say it was not meant for her.
In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 3", Teardrop is in the challenge where the teams have to kill a swarm of bugs. She is poisoned during the challenge and rendered dead until the next episode, where she is cured.
In "Zeeky Boogy Doog", Teardrop is recovered with a dose of anti-poison from Gelatin, although Nickel injects it. Then she eats Nickel due to its side effects. Shortly after, she has the choice to win either a Hand-powered Recovery Center or immunity into the final 15, and then Pin tells Teardrop that "everyone loves her" and she does not need immunity, so she decides to get the HPRC (which is later destroyed). She receives the most likes, but, getting 440 dislikes as well, she is eliminated.
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Liy and Ice Cube attempt to wiggle Teardrop's vocal cords to make her talk, which fails. It is also shown that she waves her arms rapidly when she wants something or is happy, like when Lollipop offered her Fork Repellent, or when Eggy told Teardrop she understands her. However, this is misinterpreted by Pillow, along with several others, to signal that she doesn't care.
Later, after Four's arrival, Book picks Teardrop onto her team, telling her that, "it seems like the whole world is against you, but I'm on your side," which makes Teardrop very happy. During the challenge, she ends up evaporating in the World's Largest Oven. Her team eventually wins the contest, though, saving her from elimination.
In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", Teardrop appears inside of the jawbreaker licked by Team Ice Cube. Bracelety had hoped that Ice Cube was inside, so she gets upset upon seeing Teardrop. Barf Bag tells Teardrop she won't kill her, and Teardrop runs back to her team with an evil smile on her face.
In "Today's Very Special Episode", Teardrop draws a simple number 4 for the contest, and as a result, her team is the first to complete the challenge. Despite finishing first, her team places 2nd in the challenge, behind Free Food. At the very end of the episode, Eggy decides to tell Teardrop her story that was mentioned in "Getting Teardrop to Talk", signifying a blooming friendship between the two.
In "Four Goes Too Far", Teardrop confusedly stares at Donut when he introduces the Twinkle of Contagion. Later on, she, along with the rest of her team, hitches a ride on A Better Name Than That's spaceship to the moon. She is then shown to be happy when the twinkle leaves the moon and returns to Earth, but upset when the spaceship falls over. During the stinger, she is seen on top of Basketball.
In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", Teardrop appears in the stinger with Pin and Needle when Needle becomes CGI. She appears concerned for her friend.
In "Return of the Rocket Ship", Teardrop can be seen walking towards Saw before she starts screaming; Teardrop turns around when Saw starts to scream. Teardrop can later be seen staring at a crate of shovels and then attempting to lift the crate of shovels. Later she is seen attempting to lift a shovel by the blade.
In "Don't Dig Straight Down", Teardrop, who is still struggling to lift the shovel, becomes trapped under lava after Lollipop saves them from being burnt with her Fork Repellent (which also repels lava). The team ends up losing after not finding an emerald, and the Fork Repellent runs out, seemingly covering the team with lava and killing them.
In "The Four is Lava", it's revealed that Teardrop's team survived and dug a hole underground. They are soon rescued by Four, thanks to Dora. Later, at Cake at Stake, Teardrop is the second contestant safe. Her "happy thought" is of her smashing windows with a hammer, and then Pillow when she tries to stop her. Her team is the first one safe since they were already present for Cake at Stake.
In "The Escape from Four", Teardrop is first seen walking to see Four struggle at sucking up Spongy. She is then seen pulling Spongy's leg to help the Exitors out of Four. Teardrop switches to Two's show at first, but switches back to win A BFB. She ends up being one of the fourteen contestants to continue competing on BFB, rather than switching to TPOT. She, along with Four and her thirteen opponents, are transported by Two to an unknown area to compete.
In "X Marks the Spot", she is first seen shaking her head no when Four asks the contestants to bring X back, although she later agrees when Four adds the BFDI back to the prize. She is put on the Four Colored Team and ends up accidentally getting left behind after her team successfully takes X away from TPOT. Her team ends up losing, however, and in the stinger, the team finds Teardrop and brings her back.
In "Take the Tower", she is seen with the rest of her team during the Cake at Stake and is the second one declared safe with 9,473 votes. Later, during the challenge, she, along with Leafy and Ruby, attempt to use the rocks to knock down the X Colored Team's tower, but the rocks end up falling into the gorge. When the two teams are on the bridge together, she charges across the bridge and pulls down on it, which ends up flinging Woody and Lollipop off. Her team is safe from elimination when the other team's tower breaks apart.
In "How Loe Can You Grow?", Teardrop gestures rapidly to Four, possibly using some form of sign language to tell him that X's Aloe Vera has grown. Her team is up for elimination.
In "A Taste of Space", Teardrop is the second safe with 9,343. In the challenge, Lollipop has Teardrop pour the ice on the sun while the rest of the team leaves, since Teardrop can't say she doesn't want to do it. Leafy has them all stay together as Teardrop dumps the ice, though nothing happens. Teardrop then attempts to cool the sun by sitting on it, which also makes nothing happen. Teardrop also helps her team sink Firey into the sun. Later, her team is teleported back to earth because challenge time was up. They were safe from elimination when Leafy pours ice on X.
In "Let's Raid The Warehouse", Teardrop is insulted that Bubble indirectly said that she isn't worth her friendship compared to Gelatin's and pops her. When Bubble is recovered, she asks Teardrop if they want to shop together. Teardrop thinks about it and happily accepts it. At Yellow Face's Warehouse, Teardrop chooses the gift for Leafy, which ended up getting her team 8 points. Teardrop's team wins the contest since they had a higher score from their receivers.
In "Who Stole Donut's Diary?", Teardrop and the rest of the Have Cots party in their house after Leafy joins the Have Nots outside. At the Courtroom, Teardrop is given a typewriter to document the case, but instead, she makes a comic book called "Teardrop's Pirate Adventure".
In "Fashion For Your Face!", in Cake at Stake, Teardrop is the second safe from elimination. During the challenge, Teardrop uses math and measurements in order to type what items they need to free Four. Garden shears are one of the items they need, so her team uses a steam train to get to Yellow Face's Warehouse to get one. On the ride there, the team goes over a loop-de-loop that causes them to fall out and land back in the train. Gelatin says it was so scary that he heard Teardrop scream. This makes Teardrop angry and point back at Gelatin as the one who actually screamed. Later, her team takes off Flower's sweaters, thinking she would have no way of knowing. They are proven wrong as Flower kicks them just as they arrive to the Warehouse. Teardrop manages to pick up some shears before Purple Face is freed and begins to chase her team. She balls up in her vomit-proof sweater and avoids being digested when he eats them. After being trapped for seven hours, she gets an idea and realizes that if one of them dies, they'd get an immediate shortcut to Four. Using the shears she grabbed, she checks to see who of her teammates can scream the loudest when threatened so Four hears them die. She eventually settles on Gelatin and cuts his sweater. He is then recovered by Four and wins for the Have Cots.
In "The Game Has Changed", Teardrop is spit out of Purple Face as cake for Firey. When Four wants to know where everyone is, Teardrop throws Gelatin on a bush to reveal the Have Nots and Purple Face to him. During the challenge, Gelatin confronts Teardrop for her recent violent behavior with him and asks for her to leave him alone for a while. Hearing this makes her sad but she listens and walks away. Like almost everyone else, Teardrop didn't make her party with Four in mind and instead made one to apologize to Gelatin. Which includes a banner that reads "I'M SORRY GELATIN", cheesecake, musical chairs, forks, and a comic starring Gelatin. Gelatin is grateful to Teardrop for her party and they make amends with each other. Because her party wasn't for Four she gets only 1/10 points and is up for elimination.
- Main article: Teardrop/Relationships
|21||148 (to rejoin)|
|1||585 (joined BFDIA)|
|4||502 likes, 440 dislikes (eliminated)|
- "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2": Is devoured by bugs.
- "Insectophobe's Nightmare 3": Is poisoned by a bug.
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk": Evaporates in the World's Largest Oven.
- "Last BFDI": Get's sucked into a machine that freezes her into Ice Cube.
- "Battle for Dream Island: Official Character Guide/Instagram Promotion": Gets sucked into Black Hole.
Total kills: 5
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Rocky||1||"Take the Plunge: Part 1" (debatable)|
|Nickel||1||"Zeeky Boogy Doog"|
|Gelatin||2||"Zeeky Boogy Doog"|
"Fashion For Your Face!" (along with Purple Face)
|Bubble||1||"Let's Raid The Warehouse"|
- "Battle for Dream Island: Official Character Guide/Instagram Promotion": Uses her body to extinguish Firey.
- Teardrop was the 3rd character created as seen in carykh's video "First BFDI Drawing EVER!".
- She was also the first female character created.
- "The Four is Lava" marks the first time Teardrop has survived an elimination since "Barriers and Pitfalls".
- Teardrop is one of the only 3 people to be eliminated without getting the most votes (prior to the change in voting starting from "X Marks the Spot"). The others are Golf Ball and Tennis Ball (TB was tied with Leafy).
- Teardrop has never officially spoken, but she has used thought bubbles in the following:
- "Five!" (Total Firey Island 9: Dice!)
- "...LOSER..." ("Getting Teardrop to Talk")
- Teardrop is the only character to get the most likes and dislikes in the same episode ("Zeeky Boogy Doog"), with 502 likes and 440 dislikes.
- Teardrop is one of the four contestants to get the most likes at a Cake at Stake, the others are Coiny, Puffball, and Firey.
- Teardrop is one of the five transparent contestants, the others are Bubble, Ice Cube, Bottle, and Gelatin.
- She is one of the five contestants who were eliminated in BFDIA, the others are Donut, Dora, Puffball, and Match.
- In BFDI, Teardrop was eliminated in "Crybaby!", which ironically was an episode that involved a crying contest.
- Teardrop is one of the six characters whose name has been in the title of an episode, the others are Snowball, Basketball, Four, X, and Donut.
- Teardrop is one of the few contestants who aren't listed in the BFB credits, the others are Remote, David, Dora, and Roboty.
- She, Evil Leafy, and Nonexisty are the characters who have never spoken before.
- Both eliminations of Teardrop so far are peculiar:
- In BFDI, Teardrop was eliminated with the lowest percentage of votes. (5/29 or 17.24%)
- In BFDIA, Teardrop is the only contestant to get the most likes and dislikes at the same time, with 502 likes and 440 dislikes.
- Thus far, Teardrop is the only contestant who was eliminated the first time her team was up for elimination after she switched teams.
- Teardrop is the first BFDI contestant to be eliminated in BFDIA.
- This makes Teardrop the lowest ranking original contestant in BFDIA.
- She is also the lowest ranking female member of W.O.A.H. Bunch.
- Teardrop is the contestant to receive the most votes both in one voting period and on average, throughout both BFDI and BFDIA (942).
- TD has the ability to shoot a laser from her finger as seen in "Zeeky Boogy Doog".
- This might have been a joke though, purely to prevent her from having to talk.
- Before the switching section of "Zeeky Boogy Doog", Teardrop was the only contestant ever to win immunity twice in a row.
- Her asset is often used for crying, sweating, and rain effects.
- Teardrop can evaporate in intense heat, as seen inside the World's Largest Oven in "Getting Teardrop to Talk".
- She is the only character apparently confirmed to have vocal cords. This is ironic because she doesn't talk.
- It's also unknown if she actually has vocal cords, as Liy and Ice Cube weren't able to reach the place where they're supposed to be, and thus couldn't know if she actually has vocal cords or not.
- Teardrop has gotten 2nd or 3rd in almost every challenge she competed in BFDI.
- This is excluding the Bread Loaf contest, where she got 6th.
- In BFDIA 4, when Teardrop was spinning the wheel to earn her prize, the spinner had almost landed on "the ability to speak." This is a reference to how she has never spoken a single time in the whole series.
- She has been the second safe in every Cake at Stake in BFB.
- Teardrop is the last female alphabetically.
- Teardrop was the last BFDI contestant who had their voting icon revealed, having gained it in "Don't Dig Straight Down". She shares this trait with Saw, Gaty, Dora, Lollipop, and Taco.
- A recurring joke with Teardrop's voting poses and icons is that she has a very large open mouth, possibly to poke at the fact that she is unable to speak.
- "The Four is Lava" shows that Teardrop enjoys being cried on.
- Teardrop has always been on the same team as Lollipop in BFB, being on both and the Have Cots.
Click here to view the gallery.
- ↑ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13dUHjWwflvXt2cuW-oGNV29z6XK3KunzWfHPonZoX0M/edit#gid=1397548773
| BFDI 12: Blocky • Leafy • Ice Cube • Tennis Ball|
|BFDIA 6: Firey • Tennis Ball • Rocky • Golf Ball • Gelatin • Fries|
| BFDIA 6: Bomby • Coiny • Needle • Nickel • Pin • Spongy • Yellow Face|
Eliminated: Donut • Teardrop
| BFDI contestants|
BFDI contestants eliminated in BFDIA