|“||These creatures of filth have escaped the EXIT?! I. AM NEXT LEVEL. MAD.||”|
"The Escape from Four" is the 16th episode of Battle for BFDI (which is renamed into Battle for BFB at the end of the episode), and the 47th episode of the overall series. It was released on March 24, 2020.
Before the intro
The eliminated contestants are in the EXIT. Loser reads another entry in Donut's diary, as Pencil tells him he shouldn't read his diary, because everyone could hear him. However, 8-Ball says Loser can't hear any of them, so Pencil and Match stand up to hear better. The entry Loser reads is the one about the time he was factored into Four. Reaching the last entry in the diary, Loser declares he "needs more reading material", and he breaks out off his jawbreaker in a Four intro pose.
After the intro
Loser's return is positively received by the other eliminated contestants. Everyone is excited, but Liy isn't, though she quickly clarifies she wants to be together with Loser, outside EXIT. The eliminated contestants quickly set to do Liy's plan. Stapy in particular grabs a fridge and turns it upside down, causing Four to bulge.
Basketball comes over and asks Four to recover the dead contestants, and sees Four's bottom half bulging; she interprets this as Four suddenly becoming "pudgy", causing him to turn into a stick version of him and screech at her as she runs away.
Cake at Stake
Meanwhile, the EXITors stack their retrieved objects to reach Four's mouth. Stapy's weight is noticeably taking a toll on the stack; Pencil suggests Loser take his place. Loser proceeds to stack the items Liy throws at him perfectly. The resulting stack is almost able to reach Four's mouth, but not quite.
Bracelety is ecstatic that she will be able to see Ice Cube and starts to hyperventilate, but Match tells her she needs to take a chill pill, but when Bracelety tells Match she is able to see Flower's new fashion trend, "Super-Slip Shoes So Blah", Match also starts to hyperventilate.
The resulting stack of items Loser had finished is barely able to reach Four's mouth. Liy suggests Pencil and Match be part of the stack, for they are the tallest.
It is down to Donut, Gelatin, and Spongy. Gelatin, in particular, takes a dismissing approach to this. When he is declared safe (4,558 votes), he does not get a speck of dirt; this is met by Gelatin whining. Donut is revealed safe (5,115 votes), and Spongy is out with a record 22,845 votes. Spongy proceeds to apologize to his team for his actions, stating he felt lonely.
Struggling to eliminate Spongy
Four struggles to get Spongy inside of him. The EXITors see this as an opportunity to get outside, but Pencil and Match do not want to do this. Loser and Stapy are out first. When Firey Jr. requests to go out, Stapy declines as Spongy is somewhat flammable. Firey Jr. did not like that.
Meanwhile, Four is still struggling to get Spongy in. Snowball is surprised that Four, usually capable of doing things, is struggling to do something. He calls over everyone else to watch Four's struggling. Bottle tells the audience that Spongy is the largest contestant to be eliminated, by seven times. Pie says that it is good to know.
Meanwhile, Loser and the others are now inside Spongy. Loser passes elegantly, but the others struggle to get through. Some time later, Loser and the others manage to pop out of Spongy. Everyone cheers for Loser's arrival, but Four gets 'next level' angry and starts to suck the remaining EXITors in; Bracelety in particular shouts for Ice Cube, who is taken aback. However, the other contestants stand up against Four and try to pull Spongy outside. Stapy is next to fall in. Foldy tries to save her best friend, only to fail.
The EXITors fall back into Four's stomach. While falling Stapy says he has seen the error in not letting Firey Jr. pass through Spongy, and grants him his "long overdue permission" to do so. Firey Jr. cheers and jumps into Spongy, who starts to burn. Gelatin asks Spongy that how could he be in pain; Spongy tells him he is "really hot", which Gelatin mistakes for his self-confidence increasing. Firey Jr. then realizes what Stapy meant by "flammable", and jumps out, apologizing for physically harming Spongy.
Meanwhile, the fire reaches EXIT's inner wall, and by extension Four. After a brief phase of Mandelbrot folding, inside Four's eye, we see the word 'FIRE' echoing in his mind. He is then seen in a hallucinatory red background and in pain. X comes in and offers Four an orange juice box to make him feel better, though Four does not respond.
While Four is distracted, the other contestants have managed to pull Spongy out, but Four starts to chase him and Loser in front of a group of recommended characters to send them to the EXIT.
The arrival of Two
The creature seen earlier falls from the sky, in front of Four. Four is mad at it and tells it to be "with other fans". However, the entity ignores Four and turns to the others, asking them if they are "tired of battling for a dumb prize". Taco tells it that they are battling for A BFDI, telling it the BFDI is "awesome". When the entity asks her if the prize is truly awesome, Taco is not sure.
The entity, Two, proceeds to show Taco its powers, lifting up the Bathrooms to reveal a tall skyscraper underneath. Taco and Eraser are truly amazed by this show of power. However, Golf Ball and Tennis Ball are skeptical, saying that they "shouldn't trust this Two thing". When Golf Ball asks out loud where Two came from, what his motives are, and he would be a qualified host, Pie tells her she does not know the answers for Four. Pie then snides her further, saying that she built a rocket to obey Four. Bottle confides in Two, saying it is "safe".
Two further demonstrates his powers by ”opening” Yoyle Mountain (with the large pole to the summit on top), and taking out magma which he does tricks with, but a small bit lands in Bottle. She says it "tickles," but soon afterward shatters due to the immense heat, something that Pie doesn't like. Two proceeds to move a nearby forest. Two makes an announcement: if contestants join his game, the winner gets his power.
Creation of TPOT
Entranced by Two's offer, a lot of contestants switch over to Two's game. Tree is not convinced of Two's ability to move forests (as he is technically a forest, and could therefore just walk), so the latter alters the Sun into a spiky ball, which he soon afterward uses to hit Four. Deeming it "impressive as bark," Tree decides to switch over. Pillow says that bark isn't impressive, making Tree shush her. Four is quickly losing contestants to Two's new game, including Lollipop.
Trying to convince his last few contestants, Four reminds them about A BFDI, telling them it's "world-famous", but Ruby tells him BFDIs are "so last year". Four is hurt by that statement, so he reluctantly upgrades it to a BFB which seems to be an Inception-style video. Ruby and Gelatin are entranced by this BFB (Gelatin beat-boxes).
As the rest of the contestants checks the BFB out, Fanny tells everyone to stop, and speaks out against what Four just did, telling them she and everyone else entered the competition to win a BFDI, which is now impossible as it is now a BFB. This convinces all but 13 of the remaining contestants on Four’s side. Taco is interested in the BFB; Book approaches her and holds no grudge, as she lets her compete in Four's game and is not forcing her to stay with her. Book says they will catch up when the game is back together. This makes 14 contestants on Four’s show.
Even Bottle goes to Two's game (saying that given the choice, he would happily abandon him), and so does X (who initially offers him an apple juice box but Four interprets it as X wanting to leave to co-host Two's show). Gelatin calms Four down, telling him he will always respect the value of his BFB (then beat-boxing straight afterward, which annoys Four).
The competitions begin!
Two is excited to host his 40 contestants in his Power of Two. When Two asks everyone if they had made their final decision, Loser tells him to wait, for he had not taken Donut's diary from him, as he needed new "Reading material". The contestants had made their final decision; Two zaps Four's contestants off elsewhere. His remote also restores every contestant to how they started, meaning Woody is back to his normal size, restored from the orange color, and his dent is gone. Taco and Spongy have also lost their burn marks.
Two addresses his contestants, asking them if they are ready to battle for "limitless power". They all are, but a group of Recommended Characters asks him if they are able to. Two decides to let one in, with a viewer vote (as suggested by Yellow Face).
A list of eligible characters is shown.
Taco walks up to Four, asking if the show will be okay since they just lost over half their cast. With over half the contestants gone, Four announces that BFB will advance to its Final 14. A release date for BFB 17 is shown, April 17, and one for Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two episode 1, "some time after that".
39,850 votes have been cast in total. (+9,862) (+32.88%)
List of characters up for voting for TPOT
At the end of the episode, 26 recommended characters were put up for voting. The character with the most votes will join Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two.
- 9-Ball [A]
- Anchor [B]
- Battery [D]
- Blender [E]
- Boom Mic [F]
- Camera [G]
- Clapboard [H]
- Conch Shell [I]
- Discy [J]
- Income Tax Return Document [K]
- Kitchen Sink [L]
- Leek [M]
- Nonexisty [N]
- Onigiri [O]
- PDA [P]
- Price Tag [Q]
- Rubber Spatula [R]
- Salt Lamp [S]
- Scissors [T]
- Shampoo [U]
- Shopping Cart [V]
- Snare Drum [W]
- Tape [X]
- VHSy [Y]
- Winner [Z]
- Basketball was killed offscreen by Four.
- Bottle got shattered by lava.
- A bug is crushed by Rubber Spatula.
- This is the first episode to premiere in 2020.
- It is also the first episode in the 2020s decade, making BFDI span two decades.
- Roboty is the only character who appears without speaking or making a sound.
- This is the first episode of BFB in which Balloony appears, but doesn't speak.
- It was possible that an explanation for why Rocky was colored orange again in "Return of the Rocket Ship" after losing it in "What Do You Think of Roleplay?" will be resolved in this episode or a later one, as seen on a reply to a question on Patreon., However, there was no explanation.
- This episode will be the second to have voting for a debut, with the first being "The Reveal".
- Following this episode, had the series not split, Team Ice Cube! would have become the second team with just five members, along with Beep.
- At the beginning of the episode, Loser escapes from the Liar Ball, as it breaks into pieces.
- Spongy and Loser escape from the EXIT in this episode.
- Peter Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker Suite, Waltz Of The Flowers is played in this video during the escape scene.
- Battle for BFDI is renamed Battle for BFB and has been split into 2 shows, the other is Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two.
- Nonexisty is the only recommended character to be up for debut in both BFDI and TPOT.
- The button on Two's hand says "THE GET AWAY FROM ME BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!! possible side effects include: burn removal, depigmentation, dent removal, enlargement".
- This is the first appearance of a new character, Two, from X Finds Out His Value.
- In this episode's Cake at Stake, the music features a different group of people singing the melody more naturally, instead of the current high-pitched music used before.
- For a split second, Remote and Tree can be seen reacting to all of the Recommended Characters who want limitless power.
- According to Satomi Hinatsu, all of the contestants where suppose to react to the Recommended Characters, but she didn’t take into account on having the pan happen so quickly.
- Flower, Leafy, Bubble, and Firey are the only contestants who never consider switching to TPOT.
- Coincidentally, they make up the final four of BFDI.
- Every contestant's decision was made from the following:
- Robot Flower, Foldy, Rocky, Teardrop, Remote, Tennis Ball, Pillow, Snowball, Ice Cube, Barf Bag, Needle, Eggy, Basketball, Grassy, Eraser, TV, Gaty, Pen, Coiny, Book, Lightning, Bell, Golf Ball, Pin, Balloony, Woody, Blocky, Spongy, Loser, Taco, Teardrop, and presumably Bottle (since she only lived to see Two levitate lava and still switched to his show) all switched to TPOT after seeing Two do tricks with lava and move a forest.
- Tree, Gelatin, Bomby, Marker, Naily, Saw, Nickel, Naily, Lollipop, and Ruby switch to TPOT when Two turns the sun into a spike ball and hits Four with it.
- Ruby, Lollipop, Gelatin, Woody, Balloony, Spongy, Teardrop, Blocky, Loser, and Taco switch back to BFB when the prize is changed from A BFDI into A BFB.
- Lastly Fanny, Cake, Puffball, Cloudy, Pie, Black Hole, Yellow Face, Clock, Donut, and Fries switch to TPOT specifically because the BFDI was replaced with A BFB.
- This is the first time a contestant rejoins without voting (Like "The Reveal") or a challenge ("Half A Loaf Is Better Than None"), being Loser and Spongy the ones who rejoined.
- Spongy became the second ever contestant to be eliminated 3 times, as well as the first contestant to rejoin twice throughout the show's history.
- When Four presents A BFB, Four makes a face similar to his expression for when he presents A BFDI.
- Spongy is the only armless contestant still in BFB.
- Written by:
- Backgrounds by:
- Animated by:
- C.G. by:
- Audio by:
- Music by:
- Cary Huang as X, Tennis Ball, 8-Ball, Bracelety, Ruby, Match and Spongy
- Michael Huang as Four, Snowball, Donut, Eraser, Yellow Face, Book, Pencil, Golf Ball, Loser and Puffball
- Satomi Hinatsu as Basketball, Fanny, Bottle and Firey Jr.
- Kenzie Bryant as Taco, Bell, Cake and TV
- Sam Lee as Pie, Lollipop and Stapy
- Cindy Jiang as Foldy and Pillow
- Sabrina Barba as Liy
- Katherine Sun as Naily
- Thomas Chick as Tree
- Graham Taylor as Gelatin
- Niall Burns as Two
Characters who did not have any lines were not included. For a full list of voices, see Credits.
- In the scene with the contestants walking to Four to watch him struggle at something, Rocky's walking animation always overlaps Clock's body.
- Pie states that Golf Ball built a rocket to the moon to obey Four, despite Donut being the host at time of Golf Ball using a rocket to go to the moon in "Four Goes Too Far".
- Match said it's her break time when Liy told her to climb up the stack. This is a reference to her break time in "It's a Monster".
- Tree said "Zhh!" in response to Pillow saying bark isn't impressive, a reference to the "tree sounds" Bubble made in "The Long-lost Yoyle City".
- In Camera's audition, the footage they are playing is faint sounds from the beginning scene in "Welcome Back".
- Yoyle Mountain has its pole to the top, a reference to BFDIA.
- Woody does his BFDI scream in Scissors' audition, which is also a reference to "The Reveal", when Naily and Saw injure him offscreen.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/jacknjellify/status/1240771033017143296
- ↑ https://www.patreon.com/posts/28309059