|“||These creatures of FILTH have escaped the EXIT?! I...AM NEXT LEVEL...MAD.||”|
- 1 Plot
- 2 Votes
- 3 List of characters up for voting for TPOT
- 4 Deaths
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Continuity references
- 7 Cultural references
- 8 Credits
- 9 Soundtrack
- 10 Goofs
- 11 References
Before the intro
The eliminated contestants are in the EXIT. Loser reads another entry in Donut's diary, as Pencil tells him he shouldn't read his diary because everyone could hear him. However, 8-Ball says Loser can't hear any of them, so Pencil and Match stand up to hear better. The entry Loser reads is the one about the time Donut was factored into Four. Reaching the last entry in the diary, Loser declares he "needs more reading material", and he breaks out off his jawbreaker in a Four intro pose.
After the intro
Loser's return is positively received by the other eliminated contestants. Everyone is excited, but Liy isn't, though she quickly clarifies she wants to be together with Loser, outside EXIT. The eliminated contestants quickly set to do Liy's plan. Stapy, in particular, grabs a fridge and turns it upside down, causing Four to bulge.
Basketball comes over and asks Four to recover the dead contestants, and sees Four's bottom half bulging; she interprets this as Four suddenly becoming "pudgy", causing him to turn into a stick version of him and screech at her as she runs away.
Cake at Stake
39,850 people cast votes. Barf Bag and Bomby, with 1,802 and 2,592 votes respectively, are safe and get a speck of dust. Naily is also safe with 2,938 votes, leading to Four patting her spike, while saying 'ow'.
Meanwhile, the EXITors stack their retrieved objects to reach Four's mouth. Stapy's weight is noticeably taking a toll on the stack; Pencil suggests Loser take his place. Loser proceeds to stack the items Liy throws at him perfectly. The resulting stack is almost able to reach Four's mouth, but not quite.
Bracelety is ecstatic that she will be able to see Ice Cube and starts to hyperventilate, but Match tells her she needs to take a chill pill, but when Bracelety tells Match she can see Flower's new fashion trend, "Super-Slip Shoes So Blah", Match also starts to hyperventilate.
The resulting stack of items Loser had finished is barely able to reach Four's mouth. Liy suggests Pencil and Match be part of the stack, for they are the tallest.
It is down to Donut, Gelatin, and Spongy. Gelatin, in particular, takes a dismissing approach to this. When he is declared safe (4,558 votes), he does not get a speck of dust; this is met by Gelatin crying. Donut is revealed safe (5,115 votes), and Spongy is out with a record of 22,845 votes. Spongy proceeds to apologize to his team for his actions, stating he felt lonely.
Struggling to eliminate Spongy
Four struggles to get Spongy inside of him. The EXITors see this as an opportunity to get outside, but Pencil and Match do not want to do this. Loser and Stapy are out first. When Firey Jr. requests to go out, Stapy declines as Spongy is somewhat flammable, much to Firey Jr.'s disappointment.
Meanwhile, Four is still struggling to get Spongy in. Snowball is surprised that Four, usually capable of doing things, is struggling to do something. He calls over everyone else to watch Four's struggling. Bottle tells the audience that Spongy is the largest contestant to be eliminated, by seven times. Pie says that it is good to know.
Meanwhile, Loser and the others are now inside Spongy. Loser passes elegantly, but the others struggle to get through. Sometime later, Loser and the others manage to pop out of Spongy. Everyone cheers for Loser's arrival, but Four gets "next level" angry and starts to suck the remaining EXITors in; Bracelety in particular shouts for Ice Cube, who is taken aback. However, the other contestants stand up against Four and try to pull Spongy outside. Stapy is next to fall in. Foldy tries to save her best friend, only to fail.
The EXITors fall back into Four's stomach. While falling Stapy says he has seen the error in not letting Firey Jr. pass through Spongy and grants him his "long overdue permission" to do so. Firey Jr. cheers and jumps into Spongy, who starts to burn. Gelatin asks Spongy that how could he be in pain; Spongy tells him he is "really hot", which Gelatin mistakes for his self-confidence increasing. Firey Jr. then realizes what Stapy meant by "flammable", and jumps out, apologizing for physically harming Spongy.
Meanwhile, the fire reaches EXIT's inner wall, and by extension Four. After a brief phase of Mandelbrot folding, inside Four's eye, we see the word "FIRE" echoing in his mind. He is then seen in a hallucinatory red background and in pain. X comes in and offers Four an orange juice box to make him feel better, though Four does not respond.
While Four is distracted, the other contestants have managed to pull Spongy out, but Four starts to chase him and Loser in front of a group of recommended characters to send them to the EXIT.
The arrival of Two
The creature seen earlier falls from the sky, in front of Four. Four is mad at it and tells it to be "with other fans". However, the entity ignores Four and turns to the others, asking them if they are "tired of battling for a dumb prize". Taco tells it that they are battling for A BFDI, telling it the BFDI is "awesome". When the entity asks her if the prize is truly awesome, Taco is not sure.
The entity, Two, proceeds to show Taco its powers, lifting the Bathrooms to reveal a tall skyscraper underneath. Taco and Eraser are truly amazed by this show of power. However, Golf Ball and Tennis Ball are skeptical, saying that they "shouldn't trust this Two thing". When Golf Ball asks out loud where Two came from, what their motives are, and if they would be a qualified host, Pie tells her she does not know the answers for Four. Pie then snides her further, saying that she built a rocket to obey Four. Bottle confides in Two, saying it is "safe".
Two further demonstrates their powers by "opening" Yoyle Mountain (with the large pole to the summit on top) and taking out magma which they does tricks with, but a small bit lands in Bottle. She says it "tickles," but soon afterward shatters due to the immense heat, something that Pie doesn't like. Two proceeds to move a nearby forest. Two makes an announcement: if contestants join their game, the winner gets their power.
Creation of TPOT
Entranced by Two's offer, a lot of contestants switch over to Two's game. Tree is not convinced of Two's ability to move forests (as he is technically a forest, and could therefore just walk), so the latter alters the Sun into a spiky ball, which they soon afterward uses to hit Four. Deeming it "impressive as bark," Tree decides to switch over. Pillow says that bark isn't impressive, making Tree shush her. Four is quickly losing contestants to Two's new game, including Lollipop.
Trying to convince his last few contestants, Four reminds them about A BFDI, telling them it's "world-famous", but Ruby tells him BFDIs are "so last year". Four is hurt by that statement, so he reluctantly upgrades it to a BFB which seems to be an Inception-style video. Ruby and Gelatin are entranced by this BFB (Gelatin beat-boxes).
As the rest of the contestants check the BFB out, Fanny tells everyone to stop and speaks out against what Four just did, telling them she and everyone else entered the competition to win a BFDI, which is now impossible as it is now a BFB. This convinces all but 13 of the remaining contestants on Four's side. Taco is interested in the BFB; Book approaches her and holds no grudge, as she lets her compete in Four's game and is not forcing her to stay with her. Book says they will catch up when the gang is back together. This makes 14 contestants on Four's show.
Even Bottle goes to Two's game (saying that given the choice, she would happily abandon Four), and so does X (who initially offers him an apple juice box but Four interprets it as X wanting to leave to co-host Two's show). Gelatin calms Four down, telling him he will always respect the value of his BFB (then beat-boxing straight afterward, which annoys Four).
The competitions begin!
Two is excited to host the 40 contestants in their Power of Two. When Two asks everyone if they had made their final decision, Loser tells them to wait, for he had not taken Donut's diary from him, as he needed new "reading material". The contestants had made their final decision; Two zaps Four and 14 of the contestants off to The Pillary Ruins. Their remote also restores every contestant to how they started, meaning Woody is back to his normal size, restored from the orange color, and his dent is gone. Taco and Spongy have also lost their burn marks.
Two addresses their contestants, asking if they are ready to battle for "limitless power". They all are, but a group of Recommended Characters asks them if they can compete too. Two decides to let one in, with a viewer vote (as suggested by Yellow Face).
A list of eligible characters is shown.
Taco walks up to Four, wondering if the show will be okay since they just lost over half their cast. Four doesn't seem to mind and happily announces that BFB has advanced to its Final 14. A release date for BFB 17 is shown, April 17, and one for Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two episode 1, "some time after that".
39,850 votes have been cast in total. (+9,862) (+32.88%)
|Contestant||Votes||Percentage of votes||Absolute vote increase||Relative vote increase||Percentage change|
List of characters up for voting for TPOT
At the end of the episode, 26 recommended characters were put up for voting. The character with the most votes would join Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two. The character with the third most votes (Price Tag) ended up joining as well.
- 9-Ball [A]
- Anchor [B]
- Avocado [C]
- Battery [D]
- Blender [E]
- Boom Mic [F]
- Camera [G]
- Clapboard [H]
- Conch Shell [I]
- Discy [J]
- Income Tax Return Document [K]
- Kitchen Sink [L]
- Leek [M]
- Nonexisty [N]
- Onigiri [O]
- PDA [P]
- Price Tag [Q]
- Rubber Spatula [R]
- Salt Lamp [S]
- Scissors [T]
- Shampoo [U]
- Shopping Cart [V]
- Snare Drum [W]
- Tape [X]
- VHSy [Y]
- Winner [Z]
- Basketball was killed off-screen by Four.
- Bottle got shattered by lava.
- A bug is crushed by Rubber Spatula.
- This is the first episode to premiere in 2020.
- It is also the first episode in the 2020s, making BFDI span two decades.
- It is also the last episode to be developed in 2019, making it the last episode to be developed in the 2010s.
- According to Satomi Hinatsu, Liy was supposed to escape from Spongy and continue competing in BFB, while Spongy moved to TPOT.
- Balloony, Barf Bag, Black Hole, Blocky, Bomby, Bubble, Clock, Cloudy, Coiny, Eggy, Firey, Flower, Fries, Gaty, Grassy, Ice Cube, Leafy, Lightning, Marker, Needle, Nickel, Pen, Pin, Remote, Robot Flower, Roboty, Rocky, Saw, and Woody are the characters who appear without speaking or making a sound.
- Excluding Roboty, they all technically speak, but only in crowd shots without their own voices.
- This is the first episode of BFB in which Balloony appears but doesn't speak.
- It was possible that an explanation for why Rocky was colored orange again in "Return of the Rocket Ship" after losing it in "What Do You Think of Roleplay?" would be resolved in this episode or a later one, as seen on a reply to a question on Patreon. However, there was no explanation.
- This episode was the second to have voting for a debut, with the first being "The Reveal".
- Following this episode, if the series did not split, Team Ice Cube! would have become the second team with just five members, along with Beep.
- At the beginning of the episode, Loser escapes from the Liar Ball after being inside since "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", 9 episodes ago.
- Spongy and Loser are the first contestants to escape from the EXIT.
- This is the last episode to have the name Battle for BFDI.
- This is the final episode where Satomi animates and does the writing.
- Peter Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite, Waltz of the Flowers is played in this video during the escape scene, the second classical music to be played in the series (after "Gardening Hero" using Johann Sebastian Bach's Prelude No. 1 in C from The Well Tempered Clavier, BWV 846).
- As of this episode, Battle for BFB now has only 14 contestants: Balloony, Blocky, Bubble, Firey, Flower, Gelatin, Leafy, Lollipop, Loser, Ruby, Spongy, Taco, Teardrop, and Woody.
- The "arrow" in the thumbnail is split in two at the end, referencing the split.
- Nonexisty is the only recommended character to be up for debut in both BFDI and TPOT.
- The button in Two's hand says "THE GET AWAY FROM ME BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!! possible side effects include: burn removal, depigmentation, dent removal, enlargement".
- This is the first appearance of a new character, Two, from X Finds Out His Value.
- In this episode's Cake at Stake, the music features a different group of people singing the melody more naturally, instead of the current high-pitched music used before.
- For a split second, Remote and Tree can be seen reacting to all of the Recommended Characters who want limitless power.
- According to Satomi Hinatsu, all of the contestants were supposed to react to the Recommended Characters, but she didn’t take into account on having the pan happen so quickly.
- Flower, Leafy, Bubble, and Firey are the only contestants who never consider switching to TPOT.
- Coincidentally, they make up the final four of BFDI.
- Every contestant's decision was made from the following:
- Robot Flower, Foldy, Rocky, Remote, Tennis Ball, Pillow, Snowball, Ice Cube, Barf Bag, Needle, Eggy, Basketball, Grassy, Eraser, TV, Gaty, Pen, Coiny, Book, Lightning, Bell, Golf Ball, Pin, Balloony, Woody, Blocky, Spongy, Loser, Taco, and Teardrop all switched to TPOT after seeing Two do tricks with lava and move a forest.
- Tree, Bomby, Marker, Naily, Saw, Nickel, Gelatin, Lollipop, and Ruby switch to TPOT when Two turns the sun into a spike ball and hits Four with it.
- Ruby, Lollipop, Woody, Balloony, Spongy, Teardrop, Gelatin, Blocky, Loser, and Taco switch back to BFB when the prize is changed from A BFDI into A BFB.
- Fanny, Cake, Puffball, Cloudy, Pie, Black Hole, Yellow Face, Clock, Donut, and Fries switch to TPOT specifically because the BFDI was replaced with A BFB.
- Lastly, Bottle switches to TPOT after Four recovers her, asking her if she'd stay with Four. Bottle replies that, if given the choice, she'd totally ditch Four, which she did for Two.
- This is the first time a contestant rejoins without voting (Like "The Reveal") or a challenge ("Half A Loaf Is Better Than None"), being Loser and Spongy the ones who rejoined.
- Spongy became the second-ever contestant to be eliminated 3 times, as well as the first contestant to rejoin twice throughout the show's history.
- Spongy is the only armless contestant still in BFB.
- The recommended characters whose name displays are black appear to be dancing.
- This is the last episode in BFB where a black arrow is shown in the thumbnail.
- Spongy was the first contestant to be eliminated having C as the voting letter.
- The fridge in this episode has magnets on it that write out the math equation "2 x 2 = 4" with the numbers being colored the same as their algebralien counterparts. The fridge was present in the episode before Two himself and could have possibly foreshadowed his arrival later in the episode.
- This is the third episode to have Four's name in its title, the first two being "Four Goes Too Far" and "The Four is Lava".
- This episode marks the first and so far only time Firey Jr. has set something or someone on fire.
- This marks the only instance of Four recovering contestants without the music that always plays whenever he does so.
- Satomi Hinatsu confirmed this was intentional since in both instances, Four was in the middle of talking.
- This marks the first and so far only time a character is eliminated and rejoined at the same time.
- This is the first episode to have recommended characters from the new Patreon tiers, such as Cave Drawing Recommended Characters and Special Recommended Characters.
- Flower has a new line of shoes similar to Non-Slip Shoes So Ha, called "Super-Slip Shoes So Blah".
- In the beginning, Bracelety is seen shading in one of her signs.
- Also, in the beginning, Dora's photo has been added to the wall with the photos from "Enter the Exit" that were used in the voting for an eliminated contestant to rejoin.
- The pie chart used to show the votes is a reference to "Return of the Rocket Ship", where the chart was also used during that episode's Cake at Stake in Team Ice Cube!'s previous elimination.
- Liy threatens to demote Pencil and Match to "bember", referencing Pencil doing the same to Bubble in "Getting Teardrop to Talk".
- Match said it's her break time when Liy told her to climb up the stack. This is a reference to her break time in "It's a Monster".
- Tree said "Zhh!" in response to Pillow saying bark isn't impressive, a reference to the "tree sounds" Bubble made in "The Long-lost Yoyle City".
- When Four presents A BFB, Four makes a face similar to his expression when he presents A BFDI.
- When answering Two's question on if everyone had made their final decision:
- Loser makes the same expression from "Getting Teardrop to Talk" after being told by Cake that it was an honor being on his team.
- Flower does the same face she did when Ruby called her beautiful from BFB 1.
- Bubble does her Yoylecake face.
- Pillow and Foldy do poses that look similar to the animation from the older BFB episodes.
- Nickel's mouth slightly resembles the original BFDI mouth.
- Pie does a pose similar to her BFB team icon pose.
- Donut does a pose from BFDIA 1.
- Bell makes a face similar to her IDFB pose.
- Book's pose is possibly a reference to her pose from BFDI 17.
- TV plays a scene from "The Long-lost Yoyle City" when FreeSmart saws Pencil in half and recovers her.
- When Loser escaped out of Spongy, Basketball can be seen With an BFDI Leg.
- Woody does his BFDI scream in Scissors' audition, which is also a reference to "The Reveal" when Naily and Saw injure him offscreen.
- 9-Ball's audition has them writing on a whiteboard "I don't have a favorite letter", a reference to 8-Ball's reoccurring line saying he has no favorite number.
- In Camera's audition, the footage they are playing is faint sounds from the beginning scene in "Welcome Back".
- The door that Liy was trying to open in "Get to the Top in 500 Steps" can be seen during the episode, it's blocked and has a sign that says "STOP TRYING TO OPEN THIS DOOR".
- Two of the recommended characters (Plump Dog and Algodoo Marble) are contestants from TROC, a DeviantArt camp by Niall Burns, seen in two scenes when "Four chasing Loser and Spongy" and "Hey! What about us?!".
- The way Four chases Loser and Spongy is a reference to Mr. Krabs from SpongeBob SquarePants.
- Leek spinning in their audition is a possible reference to the Leekspin meme.
- Created by:
- Written by:
- Directed and Produced by:
- Storyboard, Character Design, Visual Development, and Layout:
- Background Artist: TopHatTheHat
- Visual Effects and Compositing:
- CGI Animator: Maroue Reus
- Video Editing: Satomi Hinatsu
- Sound Design and Editing:
- Music by:
- Cary Huang as X, Tennis Ball, 8-Ball, Bracelety, Ruby, Match, Spongy and Rocky
- Michael Huang as Four, Snowball, Donut, Eraser, Yellow Face, Book, Pencil, Golf Ball, Loser and Puffball
- Satomi Hinatsu as Basketball, Fanny, Bottle, and Firey Jr.
- Kenzie Bryant as Taco, Bell, Cake, and TV
- Sam Lee as Pie, Lollipop, and Stapy
- Cindy Jiang as Foldy and Pillow
- Sabrina as Liy
- Katherine Sun as Naily
- Thomas Chick as Tree
- Graham Taylor as Gelatin
- Niall Burns as Two
Characters who did not have any lines were not included. For a full list of voices, see Credits.
|The Show||0:16 - 0:25|
|music of four's 3D hand||1:01 - 1:20|
|Even After||1:20 - 2:10|
|Abacaba (Remix 2)||2:29 - 2:36|
|Chapter Complete||2:44 - 4:53|
|Cullen Goals||5:00 - 5:16|
|Sweeper (Slowed Down)||5:24 - 6:41|
|Waltz of the Flowers||6:41 - 6:49|
|Tale (High pitched and slowed down at the end)||7:04 - 7:16|
|Storm (Sped Up the third time it plays)||7:20 - 7:27|
7:29 - 7:43
7:50 - 7:57
|Abacaba (Underscore)||7:59 - 8:12|
|Lickie (Sped Up)||8:52 - 9:07|
|Flop Change at 10:07||9:14 - 9:31|
9:48 - 10:06
10:07 - 10:41
10:47 - 10:56
|Branchless||11:00 - 12:09|
|Mov||12:37 - 13:35|
|Dustbinder||13:41 - 14:40|
|Tent||15:38 - 16:51|
- In the scene with the contestants walking to Four to watch him struggle at something, Rocky's walking animation always overlaps Clock's body.
- In the same scene, Remote's red button is on the right, but when she switches to Two's show, it's on the left.
- Pie states that Golf Ball built a rocket to the moon to obey Four, despite Donut being the host at the time of Golf Ball using a rocket to go to the moon in "Four Goes Too Far".
- At both 14:01 and 14:19, Puffball doesn't change color or sparkle when talking.