|“||Actually, we can't. Our only spaceship has run out of fuel.||”|
The Glistening is the 21st episode of Battle for Dream Island. It was released on September 1, 2011. In this episode, a character rejoined the show for the last time in the first season.
Before the Intro
The episode starts with the Announcer asking the contestants whether they want to go back to Earth. Everyone raises their limbs (hands or feet), meaning they want to get back to Earth. The Announcer then asks if they want to see the Orion Nebula. However, Leafy says that staying on Earth is better, and Bubble agrees and questions that she also wants everyone to go back to Earth. The Announcer says that they can't go back because the only spaceship is out of fuel. Leafy has a bag of fuel, but the Announcer says that the spaceship does not run on that fuel, but runs on contestants. Everyone gasps. The Announcer then says that he was "just kidding" and says that it runs on "big yellow squishy contestants". Everyone then pushes Spongy into the fuel containment unit.
Cake at Stake
Before Cake at Stake, Firey and Leafy are happy since they will go back to Earth, and Announcer says that everyone will be landing soon. Everyone lands on Earth after a few seconds. Before that, the spaceship crashes into the Tiny Loser Chamber, making it just read "Tiny Chamber". At Cake at Stake, Ice Cube gets 10 votes from the contestants and 160 more votes, one from each of the recommended characters, most likely by Snowball explaining that the TLC is too hot and needs to be cooled down. She has sent to the TLC with the "Quadruple Laser-powered Teleportation Device".
Then, the Announcer announces that one contestant will rejoin, with Firey remarking that he remembered.
The Cake at Stake song is played again, with a different voice. Snowball says, "Oh my snowflakes, that was different!". Then, the Announcer asks him if he wants to hear something even more different, to which Snowball says not really. Another Cake at Stake song is played, with different lyrics, which makes Leafy clap until the Announcer tells her to be quiet.
Out of the 859 votes (including those only voted at the faulty episode), Snowball received the least amount of votes, with only 8 votes. So the oddballs that voted him (including the First Pencil Voter) are read out loud. Snowball asks if it's enough to win, and the Announcer says no. Pin and Golf Ball were then the next to leave, both with 13 votes. GB says that her chances of winning decreased to 0.000%, as both have teleported away. Blocky and Woody are the next to go, with 24 and 29 votes. Blocky gets angry and then kicked Woody. However, they both got teleported. Eraser and Pen are the next to not rejoin, with 32 votes each. Pen then tells the 32 voters that he owes them five hundred million vigintillion dollars ($5*1071) each since he can't pay them right now. Match is next to leave with 35 votes. David and "that clumsy Tennis Ball" are next with 41 votes. Tennis Ball can't stand being called "clumsy" so he demagnetizes the Announcer, making his system start to break, but he gets teleported.
Announcer then announces the final 5: Flower, Needle, Teardrop, Coiny, and Pencil. Coiny announces that he knows he's going to win. The Announcer then says that Pencil isn't rejoining, because she only got 60 votes. Coiny believes to have hit a stroke of luck, and the Announcer tells Coiny he had enough of him. When Flower asks how many votes did he get, it is revealed that he got 78 votes. Flower exclaims that that's 78 more people that she'll have to stretch. Needle, being referred to as Needy by the Announcer, receives only 103 votes. Needle then exclaims, "Don't call me Needy!" She then tries to slap him, but he dodges, sending Needle slowly spinning into the TLC. With the final two being Flower and Teardrop, Flower goes into a state of worrying, saying that "it should be her and nobody else should join". With Teardrop being absolutely silent, Leafy remarks that she hopes Teardrop joins. However, Flower re-enters the competition with 205 out of 862 votes, While Teardrop gets 148 votes. She offers a high five to Teardrop, who gets teleported to the TLC. Flower also gets a cake, which is a pizza, much to her confusion.
The Announcer explains that the next contest is a long jump competition, and whoever jumps the furthest will get immunity.
Spongy, still being burnt by being used as fuel for the spaceship, only jumps a few meters. Rocky was about to barf but then hesitated, flails his legs, and magically flies very quickly, and he yells again. Bubble is next and starts to jump, but Leafy didn't know that the Yoylecake had side effects, which turns her into Metal Ball (recommended by worldsubways13), making Bubble land only a bit farther than Spongy. Leafy apologizes to her. Leafy and Firey tell Flower to jump, but she denies it, tells them to jump too, and throws Firey. He lands farther than Bubble but behind Rocky. Leafy is next, and she jumps, and after that, she sings the "Blue Skidoo" song, which transmits her into Yoyleland. Flower, to finish the challenge, does a small step, and she claims that she won.
Announcer asks everyone if they all did the challenge, and they all say yes. In the end, Leafy won the immunity, since she jumped instantly into Yoyleland, which is 2,763 miles away from the others. But she rejects the prize and gives her immunity to Spongy due to feeling bad about burning him, to Spongy's delight. The voting begins between Flower, Bubble (Metal Ball), Firey, Rocky, and Leafy.
During the voting screen, Flower says to the viewers that they should not vote for her to be eliminated, or she'll twist them. She also points out that she is the least voted eliminated contestant since "Barriers and Pitfalls" making it show how wonderful she was.
After the voting screen, the spaceship is shown flying, with a sign saying "This spaceship runs on big yellow squishy contestants." The sign then flips up to a new sign, saying "This spaceship runs on voters."
|Contestant||Votes||Percentage of votes|
- Bold means immunity for the episode.
- Italic means up for elimination.
Strikeoutmeans that they will be eliminated in the next episode.
|Cary Huang||Spongy/Ice Cube/Pin/Coiny/Match/Rocky/Needle/Tennis Ball|
|Michael Huang||Leafy/Bubble/Firey/Flower/Blocky/Pencil/Woody/Golf Ball/Snowball/Eraser/Pen/David|
- This episode has the second mention of englishcreamcakes (the first person who voted for Pencil).
- This is the first episode without any deaths.
- This was the only episode where Firey is in the bottom two for elimination votes until "The Tweested Temple".
- Golf Ball votes for Ice Cube for not having dimples despite the other choices also lacking them.
- With Flower rejoining, Woody is now the lowest placing contestant in BFDI and the contestant who has been in the TLC the longest.
- This is the third episode in a row to have Woody, Pin, and Needle fail to rejoin.
- When Match fails to rejoin the game, the slower sound effect used for the Laser-Powered Teleportation Device from Episodes 14-19 is used instead of the quicker one used for the double and quadruple versions of said device (only the first one, not the second one) because she says "Oh no, this is, like, the end!" while she is teleported and it is too long for the quicker version to play on top of the majority of the line.
- The contestants arrive back to Earth from space.
- Flower votes for Ice Cube because she didn't call her beautiful, referring to "Take the Plunge/Part 1".
- Pin votes for Spongy because he was already eliminated.
- The part when Snowball's voters are mentioned is a reference to "Puzzling Mysteries" when LOSMMORPG was mentioned in the same way.
- Golf Ball calculates her chances of winning after learning she didn't rejoin.
- The five hundred million vigintillion dollars that Pen owes to each of his 32 voters are referenced in "Getting Teardrop to Talk". Gelatin decides not to let Pen join Team Ice Cube! because he is "still two hundred vigintillion dollars in debt".
- Match's line "Oh no, this is like the end" is reused from "Reveal Novum".
- The Announcer calls Tennis Ball clumsy again and Tennis Ball follows through on his threat from last episode by using his magnet on the Announcer.
- Coiny thinking he was going to rejoin the battle is possibly a reference to "Reveal Novum", in which Nickel thought he was going to join BFDI.
- This is the first time Leafy used her map to teleport to Yoyleland.
- This the 3rd and 4th time Flower did her "You better vote/not vote for me!" animation.
- Flower says she's the least voted for to be eliminated as she only ever received 4 votes in BFDI 2, while the other contestants have since gained more votes than her.
- The name of the episode is a reference to The Shining, a horror story written by Stephen King.
- When Leafy gets out her map and says, "Blue skidoo, you can too!", then teleports to Yoyleland, this is a reference to Blue's Clues.
- When Leafy remarks that she hopes Teardrop joins, Bubble and Leafy appear in the spaceship, instead of being with the Announcer.
- When Needle slaps Firey, Needle's body is larger.
- When the Announcer informs that eliminated contestants will choose who will be eliminated, Blocky had no mouth (at 1:14).
- Pen's height was never too long like what happened when voting for Ice Cube.
- When Leafy gets to Yoyleland, her voice sounds like Bubble.
- For a split second, the QLTD's laser appeared in the previous frame.
- At 4:40 and 6:34, Teardrop's arm was missing.
- At 0:46, Match's hair is red, later, it's blue (e.g. 5:45), and in the previous episode, it was blue.
- Clay Blob holds up a sign with an invalid character.