|“||A TRUE winner does his research.||”|
— Tree, "Today's Very Special Episode"
Tree is a male contestant in Battle for BFDI and The Power of Two. He is one of the former 30 recommended characters featured in "The Reveal" that could have joined the game. Along with Saw, Naily, and Barf Bag, he got 3 votes in "Reveal Novum" and was flung into the Locker of Losers.
Tree gained limbs in his IDFB design, along with a thinner trunk, and leaf details, and a more solid foliage structure. Tree, along with the other TLC prisoners, had the chance to join IDFB, but he didn't rejoin with 46 votes, being tied with Saw.
Tree appears to be a deciduous tree.
His trunk is beige and his leaves are green, lime, and dark green.
- Tree is apple green and orangish-tan.
- Tree has arms and legs.
- Tree is shorter.
- Tree is named "Bonsai".
- Tree is limbless.
- Tree's body is remade and uses a different color shade.
- Tree has arms and legs.
- Tree is smaller.
- Tree's arms are placed slightly higher.
Tree is stern and reasonable, as shown in "Today's Very Special Episode" when he scolded Pen for immediately going to Black Hole to ask him for help with the challenge. He also refused to help Liy make Teardrop talk, in "Getting Teardrop to Talk".
Despite this, he is not a very active competitor, mostly turning to Black Hole for assistance in challenges. He was also seen to be a hypocrite for scolding Pen for asking Black Hole first.
Official Character Guide biography
Woody and Pencil are parts of trees, but Tree is the real thing. He is a tree with leaves, although he seems to be evergreen. It doesn't matter. Tree is not anchored by roots, but he thinks of himself as a with-it-down-to-earth type of guy; only Loser's charming charisma can sweep him on his feet.
When he sees a problem, Tree knows what not to do, although he hasn't a clue[sic] on what he should do. When Tree is fed up, he'll walk away and tell people that he is "leafing".
Did You Know?: Tree is a non-coniferous evergreen.
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know" (cameo)
- "Welcome Back" (cameo)
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom"
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"
- "Today's Very Special Episode"
- "Fortunate Ben"
- "Four Goes Too Far"
- "The Liar Ball You Don't Want"
- "Questions Answered" (does not speak)
- "This Episode Is About Basketball"
- "Enter the Exit" (does not speak)
- "Get to the Top in 500 Steps"
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?" (speaks indirectly)
- "Return of the Rocket Ship"
- "Don't Dig Straight Down" (arms only)
- "The Four is Lava"
- "The Escape from Four"
- "X Marks the Spot" (speaks in group)
Tree's asset first appeared in "Bridge Crossing", as the tree that Teardrop broke in the windstorm. Later, it was used as the tree to put the ICRC on, as a part of a prank in "Cycle of Life". It was used again as the trees blocking the path down the water in "Reveal Novum".
In "Reveal Novum", Tree, along with Naily, Barf Bag, and Saw, only got 3 of the 450 votes which is 0.88% of the votes. That was certainly not enough to join the game and the 4 characters were shot into the Locker of Losers.
He is one of the many prisoners in the TLC that can be freed in "Welcome Back".
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", he is first seen asking Loser to greet him, and shortly after Tree says that Loser is his hero. Tree is drawn away from Loser's presence by Liy, whose quest is to make Teardrop talk. Tree thinks that making Teardrop talk isn't worth his time, and after she explains her plan to him, he "leafs".
He is seen later with Bottle, who both join Death P.A.C.T.. Tree tells Four to "quit [his] shenanigans", but is dismissed. Clock would suffer the same fate right after. He doesn't do much during the challenge, but Pen blows one of X's baskets back to him, deeming his team safe, the first in the season.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", Tree asks Black Hole to swing them, but he declines to do so. Tree tells Black Hole to instead "do [his] pully-attracty stuff".
In "Today's Very Special Episode", he tells Pen off for trying to ask Black Hole again, telling him he shouldn't "turn off [his] ballpoint brain and ask [Black Hole] every time", and telling him that a "true winner" does their research, which is all about asking Black Hole for help if there's a problem. When Gelatin's Forks fly towards Four, Tree and some other members of Death P.A.C.T. use their bodies as a shield to protect Four, but a fork passes through; said fork is caught by Woody, presenting his team's creation.He is seen later as they are caught in the barrage of forks, saying that Black Hole can suck up the forks. Pillow's sacrifice helps Tree, Pen, Remote and Bottle get to Black Hole. Pen's quick "4" put them up for elimination.
In "Fortunate Ben", Tree tries to rhyme Four's sentence, ordering Death P.A.C.T. to assemble for Cake at Stake, but is screeched at, while X says that Tree's sentence doesn't rhyme. Later, he is safe and reads out his fortune. Tree then proceeds to ask Four where he got the "fortunes", with Four answering "dumpster". His team never hit the ground during the challenge and was safe from elimination.
In "Four Goes Too Far", like most of the other objects, he first appears in the heart scene. He forms a plan, telling his team to cover his eyes to avoid the Twinkle. He reminds them to keep their eyes closed when Pen wants to open them to see what is making a sound. He isn't seen for the rest of the episode.
In "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", Tree somehow gets forced into Bottle during the challenge offscreen. He asks someone to get him out of Bottle, but nobody comes to help him. He isn't seen for the rest of the episode.
In "This Episode Is About Basketball", Pen and Pillow are mad at Tree for not helping the team, when in fact he is stuck inside Bottle and can't do much. This episode revealed that he is the best thrower out of the current Death P.A.C.T. members.
In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps" Tree can be seen halfway out of Bottle and demanding her to get him to Four to recover Pie.
In "What Do You Think of Roleplay?" Taco takes over the body of Tree, while Tree is eventually revealed to had taken over Spongy's body. While in Tree's body, Taco demands Death P.A.C.T. to get him out of Bottle. When Pie tells Tree to wait, she flips over Bottle, smashing and killing her. This also means Tree is out of Bottle. Due to killing a member, Death P.A.C.T. instantly figure out Tree had been replaced, meaning Tree's team is safe. Taco is then shifted to her usual self.
Tree himself, in the guise of Spongy, just responds with "Yeah!" to Barf Bag when she asks "Spongy" if she's right. Naily becomes suspicious that Spongy is fake considering he's just been sitting down, but Barf Bag says it's usual for him. When Team Ice Cube can't figure out the faker on their team, Tree is shifted back to his body.
Later, Tree tells Four to recover Pillow, but Four then states that Pillow is not dead. Tree points out that Pillow was consumed by Four and suggests that Pillow has been digested, but Four denies that Pillow was digested. This deeply confuses Tree and forces him to state that his team has to go investigate Four's mouth. Tree attempts to force Four's mouth open, but it doesn't budge. Pen then insults Four by stating Five is greater than Four, causing Four to screech at Death P.A.C.T. and inhale the entire team in, including Tree.
In "The Four is Lava", Tree, along with the other Death P.A.C.T. members, are seen inside The Fourest. Tree questions Black Hole why they aren't leaving, since they found Pillow already. Black Hole tells him that since Remote is so happy and is having fun sticking her hands out of Four's mouth with Bottle and Pen, they don't have a reason to leave so soon. Tree tells him he wanted to be outside in the sun, not in Four's disgusting body.
A while later, Four gets fed up with Death P.A.C.T.'s antics, so he pulls Tree, and the rest of Death P.A.C.T. out of his mouth. Four then notices that all of Death P.A.C.T. is present near him, so he declares that they are safe.
In "The Escape From Four", Tree is first seen when Four is struggling to suck up Spongy. He notices that something is happening before the exitors emerge from Spongy's holes. Loser jumps out and Tree is one of the many contestants to be thrilled to see him. When Four starts to suck the exitors back inside, Tree tells everyone that they need to stand up for their fellow contestants, and helps with pulling them free.
Later after Two's arrival, he, along with all the other contestants watch Two use his powers to take lava out of Yoyle Mountain, and shapeshift it into a two shape. When everyone is switching to Two's show, Tree is skeptical after seeing Two move a forest, asking why he would need to move one when he could just walk. In response, Two creates a spike ball out of the sun, and starts hitting Four with it. This convinces Tree to switch to TPOT, saying that's "impressive as bark", to which Pillow replies that bark isn't impressive.
- Main article: Tree/Relationships
|18||3 (to join)|
|1||49 (to join)|
- "Bowling, Now with Explosions!": Burned to death while trapped in a large metal box.
- "Reveal Novum": Got crushed by the sun along with the other recommended characters in the LOL.
- Running Gag: Tree often asks Black Hole if he can help in a challenge.
- However, he seems to have stopped doing this.
- Tree is also called Bonsai, Treeyee and Whispy Woods, in his joining audition.
- Tree's BFDI/BFDIA asset has been used the second most out of all the old recommended character assets, second only to Grassy's.
- Tree's IDFB design originally had yellow leaves as proven by the IDFB assets file given through Discord by Satomi.
- So far, Tree is the only character to be voiced by Thomas Chick.
- Tree was the only character that initially did not appear in the first part of the intro sequence. This was changed in "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset". His pose changed an episode later.
- In Liy's drawing of her plan to get Teardrop to talk, Tree's position is the same as the one he made in the IDFB intro.
- Tree is one of the eight contestants who had their minds swapped in "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", the others are Taco, Basketball, Spongy, Puffball, Pin, Lightning, and Rocky.
- He is also the only one of the eight who didn't get caught by the other contestants.
- From "The Liar Ball You Don't Want" to "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", Tree was trapped inside Bottle.
- He was freed in "What Do You Think of Roleplay?".
- So far, "Questions Answered", "Enter the Exit", and "Don't Dig Straight Down" are the only episodes of BFB where he didn't have any lines.
- Tree is the only character in the BFB intro whose limb/face assets are drawn by Satomi Hinatsu.
- According to Pen, he is the best thrower of the current Death P.A.C.T. members.
- Tree speaks with an Australian accent.
- He has not yet died or killed someone in BFB.
- Tree is one of the 4 plants in BFB. The others are Leafy, Flower and Grassy.
- Tree's voice in BFDI sounded very similar to that of Coiny. However, it was obscured by other noises in "Reveal Novum".
Click here to view the gallery.
- ↑ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13dUHjWwflvXt2cuW-oGNV29z6XK3KunzWfHPonZoX0M/edit#gid=1397548773
| BFDI contestants|