|“||Ruby! You forgot to remove the lens cap this time!||”|
It was released on September 1, 2016, exactly 3 years after BFDIA 6's intended release date. This was the longest hiatus in BFDI history, with a length of 3 years and 1 month, or 1127 days. The episode takes place 3 years after the events of BFDIA 5, looking into the new life of the objects living in Yoyle City.
The main reasons why it was not released on time was Michael and Cary being occupied with school, and jacknjellify's AdSense account (a system that is the main source of revenue for most YouTubers, which works by displaying advertisements on their videos) being banned on March 6, 2014, without explanation. However, as of June 14, 2016, it was unbanned. On July 23, 2016, it was announced that BFDI would be coming back on September 1. On September 1, 2016, it was finally released as "IDFB 1", instead of "BFDIA 6" as expected by most people.
In 2017, Battle for BFDI aired as a brand new season. Despite this, there has been no official statement or implication that IDFB is canceled.
In The 22 Best Questions You Asked Us — BFDI + II Meetup, someone asked about Seasons 2 and 3 (BFDIA and IDFB), and Jacknjellify confirmed that there is still a lot in store for IDFB, which could hint at a return.
FreeSmart realizes they haven't actually recorded any vlogs properly, and leave the Yoyle Needy in a less than safe manner. Nearby, Fries tries to grow some Grotatoes. Elsewhere, Golf Ball and Tennis Ball find a wall teleporter in a foreboding museum.
On the Yoyle Needy, while recording the 1127th day of their video diary, which presumably is about eating gumdrops, FreeSmart realizes that they've been recording every single episode with the lens cap on Camera, which cuts out the film; due to Ruby's ineptitude. Bubble, who is used to dying in a blink of an eye from popping, is not affected by this.
Fries is seen with many plants in a fenced-off block of Yoyle City, telling a bleached Pin that most of his fries had been burnt to ashes by Firey, grown mold and rotten away, or eaten by Gelatin. Fries tries to use the handle of a hoe to loosen the soil, which doesn't work. He asks Bomby to help him.
Pencil's concern over the video diary followers being in the dark for three years prompts Ruby to reveal the voting results for BFDIA 6. The source of these results is a secret. Pencil falls off the side of the Yoyle Needy, and in an attempt to save her, Bubble pops. Book and Ice Cube sprint down the stairs to catch Pencil, but Ruby dies when trying to get to the bottom by jumping. When Book catches Pencil, a nearby explosion, most likely from Bomby at the Grotato Farm, sets Woody on fire, but Ice Cube sacrifices herself by jumping on Woody, putting out the fire, and melting her; it's unclear if Woody died.
Fries is growing Tennis Ball's new strain of potatoes, Grotatoes because regular potatoes cannot grow in Yoyleland due to the lack of sufficient sunlight. Nickel shows up, asking about Pin's coloration. Pin reveals that Golf Ball extracted her red pigment to reform new limbs.
On the street, Tennis Ball is walking with Golf Ball, who is excited to learn from the scientific endeavors of others by visiting the Science Museum. Needle runs up, warning that they can't enter the Science Museum for a secret reason that has to do with FreeSmart.
Tennis Ball and Golf Ball enter the Science Museum. Golf Ball remarks that Needle has been acting loopy lately and then makes a weird face when saying that the museum has "got treasure just waiting to be stolen." Tennis Ball gets excited over the discovery of a Wall Teleporter. Evil Leafy is visible for a frame. When attempting to examine the next room over, Golf Ball experiences some kind of vision.
- A small white ball referred to as "Bozo" (which was possibly the child version of Golf Ball) is chased by an unknown figure. As Bozo hides behind a vase, the figure smashes it with a large spiked club, citing a need for punishment.
Golf Ball advises that they exit the science museum, which is the first time Tennis Ball has ever seen her make a decision irrationally.
Coiny shows up at the Grotato farm, stating that Tennis Ball said the Grotatoes were going to be delicious and then makes a pun about deep-fried breaths.
Pencil walks with Book, who suggests that they should focus their efforts on getting Match out of the Tiny Loser Chamber. However, Pencil expresses her contentment with the present situation, stating that Match was a little too needy ("hnng") anyway. They recover Bubble, Ruby, and Ice Cube, using the Hand-powered Recovery Center. FreeSmart then dances.
Coiny reveals that Pin got her limbs made six months ago, and asks her how they're feeling. Pin replies they're still feeling a little tingly, but they are getting better. Golf Ball and Tennis Ball walk up, and they figure out that the Wall Teleporter can teleport one person out of the TLC each month.
Coiny, Golf Ball, Tennis Ball, and Pin bring the Wall Teleporter over to the TLC and run into Rocky and Yellow Face on the way. When deciding who to free from the TLC, everyone argues. Yellow Face proposes that the viewers can vote on who should be set free.
Coiny brings boiling frying oil to Fries and tries to make deep-fried breaths. Leafy is about to stab the two (similar to Pin in "Get in the Van"), but she is too horrified at the sight of Coiny dunk himself in the oil. It ends with a disclaimer saying: "See you in IDFB 2! :)" with a pitched-down version of Blue Ska playing in the background.
- Main article: BFDIA 6
Even though BFDIA 6 was never made, it is said by Pencil that BFDIA 6 did happen. Ruby also showed that Puffball was eliminated with 1,455 dislikes in BFDIA 6. This means that no one was eliminated in IDFB 1, but rather in BFDIA 6.
|Contestant||Likes||Likes %||Dislikes||Dislikes %||Total||Total %|
|Total votes||5,851 (record)||100.00%||3,959 (record)||100.00%||9,810 (record)||100.00%|
|Cary Huang||Pin/Tennis Ball/Unknown Shadow/Rocky/Ruby|
|Michael Huang||Pencil/Bubble/Book/Fries/Bomby/Woody/Golf Ball/Firey/Yellow Face/Coiny|
- Gelatin, Bozo, Leafy, Basketball, Barf Bag, Match, Blocky, Pen, Snowball, Tree, Dora, Eggy, Clock, Donut, Flower, Bell, David, and other contestants appear; however, they do not speak.
- This is the first episode to not have a public flash file, the second being "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?", the third being "SOS (Save Our Show)", and the fourth being "Chapter Complete".
- The reason why this episode suffered a delayed-release was originally due to Cary and Michael focusing on school, and then it was delayed even more due to issues of AdSense and Google's lack of communication of what the original issue was.
- In between that time, many future hints, trailers, and updates for the episode in particular and the creators, in general, have been announced. See Welcome Back/Pre-release for more information.
- This episode was re-animated in IDFB 1 Re-Animated By 108 People! (Fan-Made), uploaded on September 11, 2020. There is no visual changes in the first 15 seconds of "Welcome Back", and it was not included in the re-animated video.
- Cary did almost all of the animation (beginning from 0:27), but Michael did all of the audio, the new intro, and had lots more schoolwork. Animating started on August 17, 2016. (Source: Cary chatting on HTwins Central Discord Server)
- This is the second episode where Firey has no lines. The first was "No More Snow!".
- This is the first episode chronologically to feature its own custom thumbnail.
- All of the characters had been redesigned except Bubble, Black Hole, David, Dora, Firey, Donut, Puffball, Yellow Face, Grassy, Ruby, and Nonexisty.
- Based on the number of votes received, Match would have joined the game in IDFB 2.
- This is referenced on an official poster with Match and Pen, mimicking the Barack Obama "Hope" poster.
- This is the last episode to use static assets for limbs, mouths, and eyes. Some drawn limbs are shown in a few scenes.
- In the new intro, Needle, Pencil, Pin, and Yellow Face's poses stay the same from the BFDIA intro.
- Inside the Science Museum, there can be seen a dodecahedron with a spike, a motorcycle helmet, either a cookie dough or sponge block, a wall teleporter, a neuron, a sign painted in red saying "stop her", and a companion cube with skulls and crossbones on it.
- Most of them are allusions to Michael and Cary's game, Tidepool, which can be played here: http://htwins.net/tidepool/
- Bubble, Ruby, Ice Cube, and Bomby died in the episode. Out of the four characters, Bomby is the only one who isn't recovered.
- It's possible that Woody died too, but it's not confirmed.
- This episode had more votes than all 6000+ BFDI(A) votes, with a record of 9806 votes.
- This episode is the first episode where Team No-Name was up for elimination and Puffball didn't win the prize.
- Golf Ball is the last female contestant on Team No-Name.
- Firey won the prize with 1,023 likes, beating Teardrop's record of likes which was 502.
- A viewer voting will take place to determine one contestant to come out of the LOL.
- This is the sixth episode to not have a Cake At Stake, the others are "Take the Plunge" (both parts 1 and 2), "Cycle of Life", "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", and the episodes in BFDIA 5.
- The TLC and LOL are revealed to have 5-inch thick walls, which combined is 10 inches.
- Soon after Tennis Ball attempts to use the Wall Teleporter, Yellow Face announces the viewer voting while halfway through a "BUY NOW" commercial.
- This is the first episode since "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2" where the voting takes place in the comment section of the video, nearly five years before.
- Flower and Spongy are the only contestants to never appear in the episode outside of the intro and voting screen.
- Coincidentally, they were the first and last contestants eliminated in BFDI.
- Coincidentally, they were also the only ones that Evil Leafy sank into.
- Coincidentally, both of them also rejoined in BFDI.
- Out of the characters stuck in the TLC, 8-Ball, Black Hole, Bottle, Cloudy, Eraser, Fanny, Firey Jr., Grassy, Lollipop, Puffball, Remote, and Teardrop never appear in the episode outside of the intro and the voting screen.
- According to the fan-made YouTube subtitles, the distorted voice in Golf Ball's flashback is calling her a "bozo."
- Gelatin, Leafy, and Evil Leafy are the only free characters who appear without speaking roles.
- This is the first episode where Leafy has no lines when she appears (Leafy had at least one line out of her appearances in season two).
- Gelatin is the only character who appears with no speaking roles that isn't a Leafy variation.
- This is the first episode where Leafy has no lines when she appears (Leafy had at least one line out of her appearances in season two).
- This is the fourth episode to be delayed. The previous ones were "Zeeky Boogy Doog", "Get in the Van", and "It's a Monster".
- Although potatoes are generally grown from other potatoes, it should be noted that potatoes actually have seeds.
- Coiny's rolling on the hill is the same roll as he showed in "Get Digging".
- During the dialogue in the voting screen scene, the character who is speaking has a white outline around them. (For example, when Ruby spoke, she had a white outline.)
- Golf Ball's foot is a "Y" when she asks Needle why they can't enter the Science Museum.
- "It's Deep Fried Breaths", as said by Coiny, is IDFB for short. (According to Cary Huang)
- This is the first glimpse of the Yoylese.
- Snowball and Bell are the only TLC prisoners with hand drawn expressions in their voting icons.
- This is the only episode in all seasons to be released in 2016.
- This is jacknjellify's most viewed video between BFDIA 5e and BFB 1, and the channel's most viewed video from 2016.
- This is the first and only episode in 4K (2160p) quality. The series went back to 1080p quality starting with the next episode, "Getting Teardrop to Talk", which was the only time the quality was decreased.
- At one frame at 5:51, you can see Evil Leafy.
- This episode took ~160 hours of work.
- The events of this episode take place three years after "The Long-lost Yoyle City".
- There are numerous changes from BFDIA 5e to IDFB 1 that have yet to be explained.
- Rocky got his barf back.
- Woody and Leafy have come back to life, even though Woody died in Season 1 and Leafy died in Season 2, and none of them were seen being recovered by any of the characters yet.
- However, "The Four is Lava" reveals Firey recovered Leafy.
- TV was sent to the TLC.
- FreeSmart and possibly other contestants trapped Firey in a cage.
- Pin has her limbs back but is no longer red.
- The camera shown at the beginning is a re-used asset of a recommended character from "The Reveal".
- Ruby reveals the voting results from BFDIA 6, which show that Puffball was eliminated and Firey won the prize.
- Firey's scream in his cage was the one from Crybaby! while the mouth from "Take the Plunge: Part 2".
- When Pencil falls off the Yoyle Needy, her falling animation was reused when she got zapped in "No More Snow!".
- Book asks Pencil if they should get Match out of the TLC, who has been there since "The Long-lost Yoyle City".
- A flashback of the TLC entering the LOL is shown from "Get Digging".
- Coiny wants to free Snowball since they have been shown to friends is past episodes. Golf Ball wants him to stay however, as they have been shown to hate each other since BFDI 1.
- When Blocky is shown in the TLC, he can be seen hooking his feet over his head, much like he did in "Take the Plunge: Part 1" on the balance beam. This means he has done it in the first episode of two different seasons.
- Teardrop's voting icon is her pose from her rating video for "Insectophobe's Nightmare 3".
- Before Leafy attempts to throw the knife, she is making the same face and pose as Pin from "Get in the Van", before she throws the knife at Leafy.
- A companion cube from the video game Portal can be seen in the Science Museum.
- When Pencil took the lens cap off the camera, she was holding it. However, when the scene changed, it was in Ice Cube's mouth.
- When Pencil or Bubble put down the lens cap on the table in the next scene the cap is gone.
- The Hand Powered Recovery Center (HPRC) did not have any glue that stuck it to the ground when Bubble, Ice Cube, and Ruby were being recovered.
- When Pin was apologizing to Fries, she is at normal height. Seconds later, Pin appears shorter than Fries. In the scene after that, Pin is shown at the same height as Fries again.
- When Pencil takes the camera lens off, part of the lens is missing at the leftmost and bottom screen.
- When the 2nd scene with FreeSmart on the Yoyle Needy is shown, the Camera and the table with the gumdrops on it disappear, although they were present in the first scene.
- As Golf Ball and Tennis Ball were entering the Science Museum, they were opening the right door, but when they're inside, the left door was seen opened and the right door isn't.
- Some sprinkles on the gumdrops extend out of the gumdrops and appear to be floating.
- In one frame at 3:09, the door is miscolored.
- Pin and Nickel's shadows are off.
- During the zoom-in to the Yoyle Needy, the background moves toward the left, near the sea, rather than toward the center.
- In one of the Fries and Pin scenes, Fries' dirt seems to be going behind a single plant.
- Bubble popped while trying to lift Pencil.
- Ruby fell to the ground and shattered into pieces.
- Bomby exploded so Fries could "loosen up the soil a little bit."
- Ice Cube stopped Woody from burning to death, melting in the process.