- See TPOT 1 for the debut vote count voted in BFB 16.
|“||So, whichever team gets X back to me wins! And the other team is up for elimination! Go!||”|
"X Marks the Spot" is the 17th episode of Battle for BFB, and the 48th episode of the overall series. 14 contestants are competing in it, Loser rejoined the game, and the rest of the contestants that formerly competed in this season are now competing in Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two. It was released on April 17, 2020.
Before the intro
Leafy excuses herself and asks Lollipop if she's feeling comfortable. Lollipop says she was until Leafy showed up, and Leafy says Lollipop's words were mean and voters better take note of what she said. Lollipop's antagonizing of Leafy is because she inflated Balloony to death and subsequently got eliminated. Balloony thanks Lollipop for standing up for him and they both high-five.
Four gets angered by Balloony and Lollipop high-fiving, and says they should only do "high fours". Four proceeds to pull out Balloony's fingers one by one until there are four, which makes him pass out.
Taco is annoyed by what just happened. She requests Four tell her about what happens with the competition due to the events of the previous episode. A dazed Ruby comes in with a times table. Taco tries to speak with Four, but he does not respond. She deduces that Four is unresponsive. This is where Firey comes in and speaks with Four. He asks he what's wrong, for he looks depressed.
Four tells him he doesn't know what he is now; and where his co-host is, Taco comes back in saying that Four in fact forced X to leave. She and Firey knows exactly where X is; X is playing with Two, and that they are best buds now. Four gasps, saying if they can bring X back. Taco is not sure, Four says if they can bring back X, it will restore the spirit of BFB. He happily raises his hand.
After the intro
Four has assembled the fourteen contestants. Their contest is to retrieve X. However, they are not willing to do the challenge: Blocky kicks Woody into the sky, Ruby flat-out declines, saying it's "too hard," Balloony, who Four claims he "saved Balloony's life all those years ago," says no, even Loser says no. That is until Four takes out the BFDI and adds it to the prize pool alongside A BFB, which gets everyone excited and willing to do the challenge.
Splitting the teams
Four splits the fourteen contestants into two teams of seven (the mere mention of the word "Two" stirs some anger inside of him), basing them on their color: either X or Four's. Lollipop remarks she's been judged by her coloring. She then takes out a bucket of yellow paint, intended for her to use to get into the X-colored team to get away from Leafy. Leafy takes offense to that.
Flower inspects teammates
Flower realizes that she's X-colored, and inspects her teammates: she has Firey, winner of season 1 so she can steal winning strategies from Firey, Blocky so he can help her with her "Assassination Missions", and Loser as he's the most popular object who can help her get sales for her fashion line. Flower declares she likes her new team, considering it better than iance. When she asks Four if she can name the team, he tells her it would be decided in a contest for the future.
Bubble scared of Leafy being teammate
Bubble is unsure about her new team, though Ruby comforts her as she is in it, and Teardrop would never say anything bad about her. Bubble points out Leafy's presence as the reason. Ruby mentions Bubble and Leafy's relationship and how the former had never gotten past her "frenemy" phase. Ruby decides to resolve this now, only to be interrupted by Bubble as it's not the time.
Ruby comforts her alliancemate, for she is not in the same team as Blocky, as he had murdered her 2,763 times. However, Bubble points out Ruby's coloring being the same as Blocky, and somehow being in Bubble's team. However, Blocky decides to pull out giant scissors and threatening Ruby with it, in front of Four. The challenge is to get X back: whoever doesn't is up for elimination.
With the X Colored Team, Woody is worried they will never get X, but Loser inspires the team. However, Taco doubts his abilities, calling him a "cuboid". Loser decides to spit on the ground, which Firey hates as water is his greatest fear. Flower is also disgusted. Loser tells everyone to to repeat the phrase, "X Marks the Spot". Knowing how ridiculous his strategy was, everyone repeats the phrase with an unenthusiastic tone. Loser confides that the drop of saliva is where X will come from. Taco remarks that it is just “pseudo-science”.
Meanwhile, with the Four Colored Team, Gelatin asks Leafy and Bubble how they're going to reach X, but Leafy's pitch does not work out for Gelatin, and Bubble does not even have one. However, Ruby comes in and pulls out a small case which Pencil gifted to her before her untimely elimination. This case is snatched by Gelatin and its contents are revealed to be a FreeSmart SuperVan. Ruby drives the van over the hills instead of around them, which makes her dizzy. She also questions why Lollipop brought the bucket of paint, but Lollipop tells Ruby that it is not of importance.
Firey doubts Loser's tactic, telling him his "X marks the spot" isn't working. Inside, Loser momentarily panics, and shortly after tells Firey that "if you believe it'll work, it'll work". Meanwhile, Flower approaches Taco with a request to form an alliance, but Taco rejects her, saying it worked "nine years ago", but nowadays, she will not be in an alliance. She immediately questions Flower's choice of wording ("rotten flesh"), and Flower somehow manages to grow one petal. Two petals immediately disappear, and as Taco leaves, more grow.
Getting X back
As Two and X play patty cake, the SuperVan with the Four colored team arrives. However, the team immediately gets into a quarrel about who should get X. Teardrop storms out and grabs X herself, but is stopped by Pin, who likes X as the co-host of The Power of Two. Eggy tells Teardrop that X is the nicest host out of "the three", which includes the "pulsating cyborg box" whom she barely remembers. Cloudy says that X was there for him when Balloony died.
Coiny suggests gluing X to the ground, but Two tells him that contact with glue will damage your skin, though Coiny shrugs it off, saying that "whatever doesn't kills you makes you stronger", and claims he has glue that is gentle to numeric membranes. As he struggles to search for it, Lollipop switches it with the paint. Coiny splashes the paint on the ground and Pin drops X onto it, and mistakenly announces that X would continue to host The Power of Two. However, the SuperVan takes off without Teardrop.
Balloony orders to lasso X, which works, to everyone's surprise. As the SuperVan enters Elsewhere, Gelatin points out they forgot Teardrop. The van returns for her as the lasso snaps, flinging him into X colored team's area and into Loser's spit, proving Loser right, much to his surprise and pleasure. The Four colored team is now up for elimination.
Four embraces X, saying he's happy he has returned. When X asks him how good he is at Patty Cake, Four says he's a "super pro".
The SuperVan returns for Teardrop. Ruby tells her they're going shopping. Balloony is disgusted they have to go all the way back to Elsewhere, but Leafy tells him to look at the silver lining: there is more bonding time between new friends. He also reminds her of the time she killed him. Lollipop then informs them that they have lost the challenge and that while she may be sweet, her news is not.
- This episode, which is the 17th episode of the fourth season, was released on April 17, or the 17th day of the fourth month.
- Battle for BFB no longer takes place within Goiky, since Two teleported Four and the remaining contestants to Elsewhere on Earth.
- This is the first use of the new intro.
- Four is reaching out to an outline of X in the final part of the intro. The picture reverted back to normal starting in BFB 18.
- Only Blue/Four-colored contestants (Bubble and Teardrop) are shown to move in the intro.
- The sinister sound at the end of the intro has disappeared. Only appears in BFB 17.
- At the end of the intro when Four and X form the letters "bfb", the letters glow for a moment.
- This episode is the second to credit Kevin MacLeod. First is "The Escape from Four".
- After this episode, Firey is the only (original) contestant to share a team with all the other original contestants, aside from David, after getting teamed up with Flower.
- Unlike previous episodes of BFB, this episode introduces a new voting system, in which the voters vote for one person to save rather than to vote one out. The character with the least votes gets eliminated.
- Starting with this episode, the thumbnail of the video does not have text, nor does it have the same black banner used in them.
- This is the first episode since "Enter the Exit" when the gap between the episodes is less than a month.
- This is the first episode of BFB to feature the new animators.
- This is the first episode of BFB where there isn't a diagram of the BFB workers.
- Also, unlike previous credits in episodes of BFB, this episode introduces new black screen credits.
- This is likely due to the amount of people working on the episode being too big to fit on a diagram.
- This is the first BFB episode to have no subtitles.
- This is the first (and only) episode to have two epilogue scenes.
- This is the first episode since "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset" in which Four started the intro.
- This is the second episode to be late for releasing the source file for BFB 17. The first ones were BFB 13 and BFB 14 (As though the BFB 14 source files are in the BFB 13 source files, due to BFB 14 being the continuation of BFB 13).
- When Four was asking everyone specifically if wanted to help bring X back, he asked them in alphabetical order. Except for when he asked Lollipop and Flower.
- When Leafy says, "What?!", her eyes become weird, like in "Hurtful!" when Bubble says that she's tired of Leafy being nice all the time, "Get in the Van", when Pencil told Golf Ball that she will switch, and "The Four is Lava", where Firey told Leafy that nobody likes her.
- Lollipop antagonizes Leafy due to the fact she inflated Balloony to death in BFB 2.
- When Lollipop says that she has been judged by the color of her food coloring, she is referring to when Yellow Face says that she doesn't know anything, because "she's purple".
- It might also be a reference to Lollipop's yellow design.
- Firey quotes the start of X Finds Out His Value, and in addition "Enter the Exit", when talking to Four.
- Four makes the evil grin again. ("Getting Teardrop to Talk", "The Escape from Four")
- When Flower talks about Blocky being able to carry out her "assassination missions", this is a reference to when Blocky helped Flower beat up Bubble in "Take the Plunge: Part 2".
- The challenge is similar to "Enter the Exit"'s, where contestants have to get a host back (in BFB 10 Four, in BFB 17 X).
- When Coiny was trying to look for the glue, the Announcer's marble collection from "Half a Loaf Is Better Than None" can be seen in the top right corner.
- Blocky kicks Woody into the air after saying he never agreed to bring X back. This is a reference to "Take the Plunge: Part 1" and "The Glistening", where Blocky kicks Woody into the air.
- The FreeSmart SuperVan returns after its appearances in BFDIA 5d and 5e.
- When Four splits the teams into two everyone screams. This references "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know" when everyone was split into competitors and non-competitors.
- On Teardrop's voting screen, when Teardrop points her finger with red light on, it is a reference when she shot the Prize Wheel with a laser in "Zeeky Boogy Doog".
- When Gelatin picks up the ground, he does a similar same pose as from when Donut picks up the ground from "Questions Answered".
- This episode has the most references out of any BFDI episode.
- When Woody is kicked by Blocky, and when Four pulls out Balloony's fingers, they make the cursed emoji "powercry" face.
- When Lollipop replaces the glue with the orange paint, she says, "Switcheroo, we can do!". This is a reference to the children's show Blue's Clues.
- Ruby's "Get in, Teardrop. We're going shopping." is a reference to the movie Mean Girls.
- When Blocky is about to kick Woody, Woody's feet are missing.
- In the epilogue, the flowers on the Freesmart SuperVan are missing.
- When X gets covered in paint, his hands switch from being covered in paint to clean a couple times.
- When Two and X play patty cake as the Four Colored Team arrives, the clapping sound from their game fades out before they stop clapping.
- Eggy's mouth continues moving for a second after she stops speaking.
- In the intro, there were two Lollipops for a split second.
- When Four shows the prize, all characters, including Teardrop, speak at 3:33.
|The Escape from Four • X Marks the Spot • Take the Tower • How Loe Can You Grow? • A Taste of Space • Let's Raid The Warehouse|