|“||So yeah! Buy now!||”|
— Yellow Face, occasionally
Originally, he did not receive enough votes to join BFDIA, but he ended up joining after Leafy, Bubble, and Flower were disqualified for being absent. He originally competed on Team No-Name, but switched to W.O.A.H. Bunch in "Zeeky Boogy Doog" after being asked by Pin to do so. He also survived long enough to be in IDFB.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Official Character Guide biography
- 4 Abilities
- 5 Coverage
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Votes
- 8 Deaths
- 9 Kills
- 10 Trivia
- 11 Gallery
- 12 See also
Yellow Face appears to be a poorly drawn, scribbled yellow smiley face or head. His facial details and outline are black, and his "body" is bright yellow. When talking, his mouth opens and closes on a poorly made and repetitive loop, contrary to most other contestants. When he yells or talks loud, he also grows big and usually vibrates quickly and rapidly.
- Yellow Face is a perfect circle.
- Yellow Face's appearance is sloppily drawn.
- Yellow Face's mouth moves when he talks.
- Yellow Face is an imperfect circle.
- Yellow Face's outlines are thinner.
- Yellow Face has a thicker/darker outline.
Yellow Face is a very loud, eccentric, and perpetually happy contestant. He is seen as easy to persuade, as shown in "Zeeky Boogy Doog", when asked to join the W.O.A.H. Bunch, he did so quickly without being forced. However, he's also greatly skilled in persuasion, as shown in "Getting Teardrop to Talk", when he persuades Foldy and Bell to join his team and is complemented by Fries for his good persuasion skills, thus persuading him to join along Puffball. Yellow Face also loves advertising products.
However, Yellow Face is shown to have a large hatred of those who oppose his ads or products. According the the "Battle for Dream Island: Official Character Guide" his sworn enemy is the No More Advertisements Foundation. In "Return of the Rocket Ship" he's visibly angered when Fries points out that Lollipop sells the exact opposite product as his. In addition is his relation to Purple Face. In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2," Purple Face boycotts Yellow Face's advertisement for Non-Slip Shoes So Ha, and he gets defensive. The two get into an argument which results in Yellow Face eating Purple Face in frustration. The next time Purple Face is seen is in "Let's Raid The Warehouse", inside Yellow Face's Warehouse albeit in a small metal box. From "Fashion For Your Face!" onwards, Purple Face is freed and in "Uprooting Everything" he reveals that he has been in that metal box for eight years. This strongly implies that as punishment for disturbing his ad, Yellow Face trapped Purple Face in a small metal box after eating him, and left in his warehouse with no plans to let him out, painting Yellow Face in a much more insidious light.
Official Character Guide biography
Is he called Yellow Face because he's yellow? Or is it because he's always yelling? Whatever it is, Yellow Face is perpetually happy. He loves to wander off, especially when his team needs him to stay put. He also loves to promote the latest products he is selling. If someone doesn't like a product, Yellow Face becomes agitated but is determined to sell it to them anyway.
Yellow Face's sworn enemy is the No More Advertisements Foundation.
- Stamina: As shown in "Get in the Van", Yellow Face is able to hop without limbs without getting tired, contrary to Pin, who struggles immensely at the task.
- Death on command: Yellow Face is able to commit suicide on command after Coiny tells him to die in "The Long-lost Yoyle City".
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom"
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset" (does not speak)
- "Today's Very Special Episode" (does not speak)
- "Fortunate Ben" (does not speak)
- "Four Goes Too Far"
- "The Liar Ball You Don't Want" (does not speak)
- "Questions Answered" (does not speak)
- "This Episode Is About Basketball"
- "Enter the Exit"
- "Get to the Top in 500 Steps"
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?"
- "Return of the Rocket Ship"
- "Don't Dig Straight Down"
- "The Four is Lava" (does not speak)
- "The Escape from Four"
- Battle for BFB
- Battle for Dream Island: The Power of Two
- Non-canon appearances
Battle for Dream Island
In "Barriers and Pitfalls", a very early prototype of Yellow Face appears in an ad for gumballs.
In "Puzzling Mysteries", Yellow Face is shown advertising the "Bubble Transformer", a product said to turn the purchaser into a bubble, in order to get smooth skin, and claiming that, according to surveys, none of the people who tried it were disappointed. However, he goes on to say that this was due to the customers popping before the vendors could contact them and that since they didn't have personal recovery centers, they had died. Regardless Yellow Face encourages everyone to buy anyway.
In "Bowling, Now with Explosions!", at the end of the episode, Yellow Face advertised a headset that would only play Yellow Face's hum. It has a volume up button but no volume down button, and it can't be removed from the wearer's head due to bearing super glue.
In "The Glistening", he is shown singing the two new Cake at Stake songs with his singing voice being done by thecartoonremix4 and AnimationEpic.
In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2", his final BFDI advertisement, Yellow Face advertised Non-Slip Shoes So Ha, which Flower wore in "Take the Plunge: Part 1", telling the viewers to buy the product. Purple Face appeared and attempted to blacklist his product. Yellow Face then eats him.
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", when the votes were being shown, it was revealed that Yellow Face, with 292 votes, didn't make it into BFDIA, meaning he would have gone back to the commercials. However, when it was said that "contestants not present would not be allowed to compete", he, along with Book and Puffball were allowed to join. He reads the third rule which says that people should use the wheel to decide the contest. In the screen montage, Yellow Face's favorite screen is a rainbow shape. Later, he, along with everyone else, was encouraging Pin to switch to the other team. During the game of Tug of War, he, along with everyone else except for Pin, Donut, and Coiny, won effortlessly and he was safe from elimination.
In "Get Digging", numerous clones of Yellow Face laugh at the W.O.A.H. Bunch as they walk to the Cake at Stake area. Yellow Face asks where they should start with preparing the Yoylestew and is assigned to help build the bowl. Yellow Face later starts advertising a product that can be used to kill someone, but Golf Ball interrupts him saying they don't have time for ads, and that he should be building the bowl.
Yellow Face: Need to kill someone right away? Then buy our-
Golf Ball: Yellow Face, we don't have time for ads! You should be building our bowl!
Later on, Fries tells him to get digging and that the ingredients are probably underground, despite the challenge wrapping up.
In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 3", during Cake at Stake, Yellow Face yells "Finally!" due to being the 3rd to last to receive a piece of cake. During the challenge, Yellow Face, along with all the contestants that are still playing, have to kill all the bugs in their team's glass box. Yellow Face is the first to get poisoned by the bugs and therefore doesn't kill any bugs. Golf Ball scolds him for being poisoned and tells him to get back to work.
In "Zeeky Boogy Doog", Yellow Face is poisoned throughout the first half of this episode, even being shown briefly at the beginning when the Eiffel Tower's tip hits his corpse. Yellow Face is recovered with the new Hand Powered Recovery Center by Nickel. After being revived, he decides to recover Firey with the HPRC. Before the contest, Yellow Face is one of the two members to switch to W.O.A.H. Bunch. He is asked by Pin, who is sitting on him, and answers overly excited, shaking Pin off while answering. When Ruby is about to spin the wheel, she notes that they don't know where Dream Island is. Yellow Face responds with "So without Dream Island, we're just battling for NOTHING!?"
During the contest, which is to build Dream Island, Pin says that their Dream Island should be farm-themed, Yellow Face is overjoyed at the idea. While the rest of W.O.A.H. Bunch is building Dream Island, he hops off to Golf Ball's factory. When Golf Ball is explaining how her Dream Sauce will coagulate into Dream Island, Yellow Face responds with "Too long, didn't listen!" then makes an advertisement which is "For just $19.95, you can tell me, Yellow Face, how a vat can pour an island!". Golf Ball tells him to just watch, and when Dream Island pops from the dream sauce, Yellow Face replies with a shocked "...Wow..." He, along with all of Team No-Name, dies when Bomby is thrown into the incinerator and explodes.
During the end credits, after Evil Leafy sinks into Flower, Yellow Face pops up in the middle of the screen out of nowhere and yells "HELLO!"
In "Get in the Van", Yellow Face is brought back to life in the HPRC by Leafy and Bubble, along with all of Team No-Name and Bomby. Yellow Face, with many other contestants, dodges a knife that Pin threw at Leafy. Yellow Face, along with all of W.O.A.H. Bunch, is immune from elimination and get Donut chunks. The newly-limbless Pin says that she can't catch anything without her arms after getting hit in the face with her Donut chunk. Yellow Face reassures her, saying that she'll get used to it. Before the contest, Yellow Face convinces Spongy to switch to his team. This causes Golf Ball to get upset because W.O.A.H. Bunch is stealing all of their members. After Pencil, Ruby, Ice Cube, and Book break off to make their own team, Coiny is happy at this, as they are now tied for the largest team. Yellow Face is also quite happy with this. During the challenge, W.O.A.H. Bunch chooses to walk to Yoyle Mountain, and get far behind.
In "No More Snow!", Yellow Face and the rest of W.O.A.H. Bunch walk through the snow. Yellow Face randomly climbs up a tree at some point. When they are out of the snow, Nickel says "No more snow!", Yellow Face responds with a very loud "YAY!". His team fall into the Evil Canyon, where they dangle on top of Needle until Spongy is killed. He calls Needle "Needy" and is slapped out of the Evil Canyon with everyone else. Since they had no way to save her, Yellow Face kills her with a flame thrower. They later meet up with Book and Ruby where they learn the HPRC was crushed. The Firey Speaker Box then drops off a Hand-powered Hand-powered Recovery Center Creator, which Yellow Face calls an HPHPRCC, claiming they are his favorite. He and the other still alive contestants proceed to crank as the episode ends.
In "It's a Monster", Yellow Face, along with the alive contestants, crank the HPHPRCC for 78 days. During the self-destruction of the HPHPRCC, Yellow Face postponed it twice for another 15 seconds by inserting Postpone Token's. Yellow Face ran out of the tokens and the HPHPRCC disappeared without a trace. Yellow Face hurries to recover Spongy, but Match interrupts him and said that "Most Important" people come first. With all of the team members of the W.O.A.H. Bunch recovered, they start heading towards Yoyle Mountain. Needle makes Yellow Face apologize for burning her with a flame thrower. Nickel informs the team that walking will take too long, so they decide to threaten Puffball into taking them to Yoyleland by calling her "Puffy". Their plan failed and the W.O.A.H. Bunch gets frozen by Gelatin. Because of the sunlight, Yellow Face manages to get unfrozen and starts walking by himself to Yoyle City, but later gets stuck in the glue that was leaked by the FreeSmart SuperVan.
In "The Long-lost Yoyle City", Yellow Face is found by W.O.A.H. Bunch and calls to them for help. Coiny and Bomby try to pull him out like they did with Pin in "No More Snow". However, they couldn't pull him out, so they decide to use the kill-recover trick on him, and Yellow Face commits suicide per Coiny's request for him to die. Later, he is revived by Needle, and they start to walk up the mountain. They manage to beat Team No-Name to the summit and won the challenge in second place. At the ending, when everyone falls from the summit, Yellow Face is the only one smiling while everyone else screams.
In "Welcome Back", Yellow Face isn't seen until the near end of the episode, where he rolls in Rocky's barf, following Coiny, Golf Ball, Tennis Ball, and Pin as they run to the LOL. At the end of the episode, when the others don't know who should be freed first from the LOL, Yellow Face advertises a product that will help you decide on the subject recently mentioned, but cuts it off mid-way, and tells the viewers to vote on which character they want to join IDFB or come back.
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Yellow Face is first seen snatching a fork from Remote and drops it in a pile of more forks. Donut asks why he's doing this and it's shown that they are for Gelatin's large stack of forks. It is then knocked down by Bell and Yellow Face yells "Yay!" in response. He creates his team by asking Bell and Foldy to join, which results in multiple contestants following, already gaining 7/8 members. Using one of Fries' fries, he lures Eraser away from his friends with the promise of free food. When Eraser gets there, Yellow Face eats the fry. Eraser then asks Yellow Face where the free food is, and the repetition of the words "free food" between the two of them eventually causes the team name to be Free Food. He tells Puffball to get the basket back to X, which results in their team being safe.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", Yellow Face is only shown getting on his team swing.
In "Today's Very Special Episode", Yellow Face helps his team form "The Year's Hottest Look", which gets their team first place.
In "Fortunate Ben", Yellow Face gets trapped inside his team's paper plane by Stapy which causes them to fall out of the sky. His team manages to win thanks to Stapy using his staples to break the landscape.
In "Four Goes Too Far", he advertises earmuffs designed specially to protect people from Four's screeches and other loud noises, but Four screeches him using said earmuffs. In the same episode, multiple Yellow Faces (+ 1 Purple Face) are used to demonstrate the challenge that was hosted by Donut. During the challenge, he avoids looking at Pen with the rest of his team.
In "Questions Answered", Yellow Face can be seen getting sucked through TV's screen and face planting on the moon. He then moves back to earth with everyone else. His team is caught cheating in the quiz show contest, so they are up for elimination.
In "This Episode Is About Basketball", when X gets "promoted" to host, Yellow Face, along with the other alive members of Free Food affirm with his regular cake choice. When Stapy asks if X read the votes backwards, he says "Mmmm, I think so!". Stapy then leaves, with Yellow Face being the only one who sends him off with a smile. Yellow Face received the third most votes from viewers, at 2,621. In the challenge, he tells Marker to play "Toss the Balls", which results in safety for his team.
In "Enter the Exit", when the contestants realize that without Four, they won't get the prize, Yellow Face states that without him they're battling for nothing. He is later seen cheering when Foldy reunites with his team.
In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", Flower uses Non-Slip Shoes So Ha, which causes Yellow Face to gasp in happiness, as this is something he advertised. Later, Lollipop says that the shoes were "so 8 years ago", Yellow Face responding that she doesn't know anything.
In "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", Yellow Face can be seen smiling at Foldy with Marker. Ruby then unfolds her, making him frown. During the challenge, Puffball randomly barfs on Yellow Face. Fries dismisses what he thinks is Puffball trying to get his attention, but Yellow Face corrects him by pointing out that it wasn't Puffball; Yellow Face's accusation reveals the supposed Puffball as Rocky, thus securing Free Food's safety in the challenge.
In "Return of the Rocket Ship", he advertises a product called Fork Attractant, a product that brings forks to you when needed. Fries then interrupts him, and Yellow Face sadly asks why he can't play his ad. Marker, Bell, and Lollipop all ask Yellow Face to finish it, but Fries once again stops them. When he brings up the fact that Lollipop was selling the exact opposite of a Fork Attractant, Yellow Face puts on an angry look.
In "Don't Dig Straight Down", when asked by Foldy if the department store that he advertises for sells emeralds, he says that it does not but that it does sell toy emeralds. Free Food turns in the emeralds, securing their safety.
In "The Four is Lava", it's revealed that Yellow Face was killed offscreen by the lava in the last episode, as he doesn't appear in the challenge, and is recovered by Four.
In "The Escape from Four", Yellow Face is first seen walking to Four to watch him struggle at sucking up Spongy. He's then shown attempting to pull the eliminated contestants out of Four. He later switches to compete on Two's show, specifically after the BFDI is replaced with A BFB. He also gives Two the idea to let the viewers decide which recommended character should join the show.
Battle for BFB
In "X Marks the Spot", Yellow Face is in the crowd of characters who cheer when X gets "glued" to the ground.
In "Let's Raid The Warehouse", Yellow Face makes a cameo appearance in an advertisement for beans, but Taco stops the advertisement saying that it's not the time to have an advertisement. The challenge for the BFB contestants is to shop for items from his warehouse, He doesn't make another appearance. However, he got mentioned by Bubble correctly stating that he's busy competing for TPOT. It is also implied that Yellow Face has been keeping Purple Face trapped in a box inside his warehouse.
BFDI: The Power of Two
In "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?" Yellow Face watches Four add the BFDI to the BFB via TV and considers switching back. During the team picking, he talks about a limited offer to Cloudy before they both team up with Rocky. He later says the team will be so much fun, which attracts Bottle. During the challenge, he's the first one thrown onto the building by Winner and winks back at his teammates to show he's okay. Once Winner starts doing the same for everyone else, Bottle shatters on impact. Clock kicks Yellow Face to a position where he can break Ice Cube's fall. When this happens, Yellow Face becomes squishy, reusing the animation in the Halloween 2012 video and Pumpkin 2.0 Short. Winner then climbs up with their hand and their team is safe.
- Main article: Yellow Face/Relationships
|1||292 (joined BFDIA)|
|3||159 likes, 222 dislikes|
- "Insectophobe's Nightmare 3": Poisoned by a bug.
- "Zeeky Boogy Doog": Killed in Bomby's explosion.
- "The Long-lost Yoyle City": Commits suicide by Coiny's request.
- "Don't Dig Straight Down": Killed by lava off-screen.
- "Last BFDI": Has a hole punched into him, causing him to become Donut.
- "If Among Us Was a BFDI Challenge": Gets sucked into Black Hole.
Total kills: 2
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Purple Face||1||"Insectophobe's Nightmare 2"|
|Needle||1||"No More Snow!"|
- Yellow Face is the first character to do commercials in BFDI, counting his prototype in BFDI 2, Blocky is the second.
- Yellow Face is one of two contestants to have a color in their name, the other being Black Hole.
- Yellow Face is one of the limbless contestants along with Puffball, Roboty, 8-Ball, Cloudy, Black Hole, and Bell.
- Yellow Face is one of the few characters who have eaten Fries' fries, along with Book, Rocky, Lollipop, and Gelatin.
- Yellow Face and Gelatin are the only contestants who joined BFDIA without being eligible to do so in the BFDI Second Season Voting video.
- Yellow Face wasn't originally in the lineup of characters that the viewers could vote for to be in BFDIA. However, after many people started voting for him, he was allowed in.
- Yellow Face originally did not receive enough votes to officially join BFDIA at first, but he soon was able to get into the competition because of the absence of Flower, Bubble, and Leafy.
- Yellow Face and Spongy are the only contestants to not be forced or threatened into joining W.O.A.H. Bunch, as Pin simply asked him and he accepted.
- Yellow Face is the only limbless contestant to switch teams.
- Yellow Face only has 159 likes and 222 dislikes due to only being up for elimination once in BFDIA.
- Yellow Face is one of two contestants to be immune three times in a row in BFDIA, the other being Bomby.
- Because Yellow Face switched teams in "Zeeky Boogy Doog", he and Bomby are the only contestants who have only been up for elimination in BFDIA once.
- Yellow Face is the only BFDI(A) non-object that hasn't been voted off the show, let alone twice.
- Yellow Face is one of few BFDI(A) contestants who have never been sent to the TLC or the LOL, along with Firey, Leafy, Bubble, Gelatin, and Bomby.
- Both times Yellow Face was up for elimination, he was in the bottom three, and he always has the third most votes.
- Yellow Face is the only BFDIA newbie on The S!.
- Yellow Face was the second limbless character to be introduced in BFDI; the first was the Announcer.
- A prototypical Yellow Face first appeared in "First BFDI Drawing EVER!" in the catalog where he is seen at the headers for each section. Given the context of the catalog advertising products, it is possible that this character was an early incarnation or inspiration for Yellow Face.
- Yellow Face is known for making a variety of product advertisements, with a total of 11 commercial projects.
- Yellow Face was briefly voiced by thecartoonremix4 and AnimationEpic in "The Glistening", and Volcanoclaw in "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2".
- Yellow Face was the first character to die in BFDIA.
- Yellow Face is the only character in BFDI and BFDIA who has a black outline.
- Although Yellow Face doesn't have any limbs, he is occasionally shown holding items without using his mouth.
- Yellow Face's favorite screen is a rainbow shape.
- Yellow Face sometimes can grow to unproportional sizes.
- Yellow Face is very slow to anger and is almost always happy. The only characters he's been angry at are Purple Face in "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2" and Lollipop in "Return of the Rocket Ship".
- Coincidentally, both are the color purple, the color that Yellow Face claims means one doesn't know anything.
- Yellow Face is able to kill himself on command, as seen in "The Long-lost Yoyle City".
- The background of Yellow Face's voting icon is a possible reference to his Revolutionary Headphones advertisement.
- In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Fries complements Yellow Face about his skills of persuasion. This may refer to him doing commercials in BFDI because ads exist to persuade people.
- In "Don't Dig Straight Down", it is revealed that Yellow Face advertises for a massive department store.
- Yellow Face is the first character to speak in The Power of Two (not counting Four's voice coming out of TV).
- He is, however, the first contestant to speak.
- He has the most voice actors for a male contestant at four.
- In TPOT's credits, Yellow Face no longer has a face like in BFB, now looking more similar to an object's asset that has no limbs or face.
Click here to view the gallery.
|BFDIA 6: Bomby • Coiny • Needle • Nickel • Pin • Spongy • Yellow Face|
|People in IDFB|
|FreeSmart: Book • Bubble • Ice Cube • Pencil • Ruby|
BFB 16: Bell • Eraser • Foldy • Fries • Marker • Puffball • Yellow Face